No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi to all J/Ters .. I was reading a couple of pages and am sorry to see where some of you are having problems - Nina you take care !
    I've got a dog question to all dog lovers here - How does Dog's Days affect a dog ? My cockapoo is just over 3 years old and I changed her dog food to a combo of Canindae and California Natural for two reasons- one being I am scared about feeding her ANY commercial dog food anymore. I was giving her Purina One which she liked but the stories were freaking me out and two she needs to lose some weight and has serious allergy problems and both Canindea and California Natural are supposed to be all natural . She does not like the California Natural ( it is fat free ) but was eating the Canindea but now is hardly eating anything . She has alot of energy so it cannot be a health issue so I do not understand why she suddenly is not eating the way she did. Also she has shown aggressive tendencies more than usual . Should I take her to the vet ( she was just there and got a shot and the vet said she was doing great ) ?
    I'm new at all this so any information is appreciated !

Kimberly

sigs by Cazz,scifan,elephantgirl, john-and-teyla , Donna , Linda, maffieg, and wraithlord . I'm in AWE of your talent and J/T is the best

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of atrocious, awful, horrible, depressing and disheartening news . . . but . . . season 5 is Atlantis' last season.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6589329.html

*cries*
      || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
        Prompt: Pirates and Prophets (Prophecies)

So far this is what I got for the bvasic outlook of things.

Title: Of Pirates and Ancient Prophecies
        Rating (possibly with the ammount of stuff going on T)
        Characters I currently have for a good thought in the story: Shep, Teyla, Rodney, Weir, Morgan Le Fay (The Ascended Ancient Morgan)
        Pairings: Shep/Teyla, Rodney/Morgan (more as siblings actually)

I'm still working on my piece, should be ready tonight before bed. I have a lot of driving to do today at work (moving cars from one dealership to another from 1030 hours to 1600 hours, just like Monday)

See everyone later
        Thanks for the info.

I might wait to decide whether I join until the first bit is posted.

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
        HAHAHA! LOl!
        Spoiler:

First Rod/Katie preggers story that turned into the Teyla story that we now have!
        AND, the fact that they had John in mind as the daddy!!!!! *rolls around in a hysterical laughter* they seriously love us JT shippers, dont they????

Thanks for posting!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
          I hate to be the bearer of atrocious, awful, horrible, depressing and disheartening news . . . but . . . season 5 is Atlantis' last season.

*cries*
          Disheartening but expected But the movie deal sounds intriguing

Kimberly

sigs by Cazz,scifan,elephantgirl, john-and-teyla , Donna , Linda, maffieg, and wraithlord . I'm in AWE of your talent and J/T is the best

Comment

Originally posted by taffy rose View Post
            Disheartening but expected But the movie deal sounds intriguing

Kimberly
            It is really heart-breaking.
            I mean, Atlantis has made it the length of time SG1 did on Showtime (not that I saw it there, since I'm in Aus.), and it's ending up with the fate SG1 has now- the straight-to-dvd movie.

God- I wonder what the cast must be thinking right now?
            Slightly OT:
            Spoiler:

I know Jason's been in rumors for a while now about leaving the show post-s5 (if it had s6), but he must be bummed that it's finishing for good now.
            And his quote about wanting him to leave with Joe is all I can think about now- & wondering if that's how they'll end it??????

And the quote about it "not being the end"- yeah, sure. I mean, SG1's DVDs- AOT & C- have gone well because we fans were so hung up on loosing the show that we wanted new material!!!!! But to me, the show's not going to be the same- you loose the magic that it brings.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by wingedpegasus View Post
              i hate to be the bearer of atrocious, awful, horrible, depressing and disheartening news . . . But . . . Season 5 is atlantis' last season.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/ca6589329.html

*cries*
              we need to save our stargate!!!!!

How dare they kill off atlantis for another show!!!!!!

How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Hi to all J/Ters .. I was reading a couple of pages and am sorry to see where some of you are having problems - Nina you take care !
                I've got a dog question to all dog lovers here - How does Dog's Days affect a dog ? My cockapoo is just over 3 years old and I changed her dog food to a combo of Canindae and California Natural for two reasons- one being I am scared about feeding her ANY commercial dog food anymore. I was giving her Purina One which she liked but the stories were freaking me out and two she needs to lose some weight and has serious allergy problems and both Canindea and California Natural are supposed to be all natural . She does not like the California Natural ( it is fat free ) but was eating the Canindea but now is hardly eating anything . She has alot of energy so it cannot be a health issue so I do not understand why she suddenly is not eating the way she did. Also she has shown aggressive tendencies more than usual . Should I take her to the vet ( she was just there and got a shot and the vet said she was doing great ) ?

Kimberly
                Hey Kim!!!!
                Miss seeing you.
                I don't have a dog. Sorry.

*cries*
                Oh NO!!!!
                This is so awful!!! I'm so beside myself, that I can't even cry.

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                we need to save our stargate!!!!!

How dare they kill off atlantis for another show!!!!!!

How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I bet its to start SGU!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Oh NO!!!!
                  This is so awful!!! I'm so beside myself, that I can't even cry.

I bet its to start SGU!
                  It probably is! I'm close to tears and I've started a thread (that got merged!)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...90#post8791290

Comment

*cries*
                    Wow! i just read it and..wow, honestly i'm shocked. I new SGA wasn't going to last as long as SG-1 but i really thought it definitely had at least 1 to 2 more season. This truly sucks! BUT if there is good news out of the horrible news is the fact that at least we will for sure get 2 movies...maybe more since more SG-1 movies are possible from what they said at the Con. Hopefully now that the show is coming to and end, maybe in the movies, they can finally get Teyla and John together since they don't have anything to loose anymore. But
                    Spoiler:
                    they haven't officially gotten Sam and Jack together in the movies??? have they???...haven't seen the movies, but if they haven't gotten Sam and Jack together, the chances for Teyla and John are slim too but i'll keep my fingers crossed.

I know this probably has to do because of the new show they are planning and i don't know if i have it in me to give that show a try.
                    sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

guys.... i just heard the news..... i'm a total wreck, i can't cry or think or... anything!!!! how can this happen????? i don't get it, the ratings were up, things were looking promising for season 6...... *needs a hug*
                      --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                        guys.... i just heard the news..... i'm a total wreck, i can't cry or think or... anything!!!! how can this happen????? i don't get it, the ratings were up, things were looking promising for season 6...... *needs a hug*
                        hugs JT4L

WE WILL FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

*cries*
                          Just heard the news too. Even though it was expected, it's still sad to see it officially confirmed.

Mayra, no, they haven't confirmed fully on screen yet about Jack/Sam. I'm assuming that is being saved for the final movie. I would imagine it will be the same for John/Teyla. I'm so happy we get at least a few movies, so it's not totally over, but I'm seriously bummed that THIS season of all seasons is our last one, considering we're stuck with Kanaan this season. Now I'm really hoping more than ever we'll see him go bye-bye sooner rather than later, LOL! I'm hoping for him to go away in Prodigal, but there's been nothing to suggest that by any means. Just wishful thinking at this point, LOL!

But yeah, really sad news.
                          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

hugs JT4L

WE WILL FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I'm in! I will not loose SGA!!!!!

sigpic
                            Sig by me!
                            My FanFic's

Comment

It probably is! I'm close to tears and I've started a thread (that got merged!)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...90#post8791290
                              Thanks AMC.

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                              Wow! i just read it and..wow, honestly i'm shocked. I new SGA wasn't going to last as long as SG-1 but i really thought it definitely had at least 1 to 2 more season. This truly sucks! BUT if there is good news out of the horrible news is the fact that at least we will for sure get 2 movies...maybe more since more SG-1 movies are possible from what they said at the Con. Hopefully now that the show is coming to and end, maybe in the movies, they can finally get Teyla and John together since they don't have anything to loose anymore. But
                              Spoiler:
                              they haven't officially gotten Sam and Jack together in the movies??? have they???...haven't seen the movies, but if they haven't gotten Sam and Jack together, the chances for Teyla and John are slim too but i'll keep my fingers crossed.

I know this probably has to do because of the new show they are planning and i don't know if i have it in me to give that show a try.
                              I hope so. I hate to watch two movies and have endure Kanaan.

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                              I feel the same way. I'm just totally numb.

((HUGS))

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                              Just heard the news too. Even though it was expected, it's still sad to see it officially confirmed.

Mayra, no, they haven't confirmed fully on screen yet about Jack/Sam. I'm assuming that is being saved for the final movie. I would imagine it will be the same for John/Teyla. I'm so happy we get at least a few movies, so it's not totally over, but I'm seriously bummed that THIS season of all seasons is our last one, considering we're stuck with Kanaan this season. Now I'm really hoping more than ever we'll see him go bye-bye sooner rather than later, LOL! I'm hoping for him to go away in Prodigal, but there's been nothing to suggest that by any means. Just wishful thinking at this point, LOL!

But yeah, really sad news.
                              I'm hoping the next movie for SG-1 will do more for Jack and Sam. I can't do this with another ship.

Who's the brave one that wants to break the news to Camy?
                              Last edited by scifan; 20 August 2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Kimberly

Hi Kimberly. You asked at the right place. I'm not a vet of course, but am very experienced with canine nutrition. I've studied it extensively for several years and am actively involved in many groups.

First off, great job on taking her off Purina and putting her on California Natural and Canidae. Both are great foods. California Natural especially is a single protein/hypoallergenic formula made specifically for allergens. Unfortunately, because of that, some dogs hate it as it is very bland in taste. It's meant to be that way as the ingredient list is very simple and very short. Canidae has four proteins in it, so if your dog did fine on that up until now, then I'm guessing it is a corn or wheat or gluten allergy and not a protein allergy. Which will help you know what to try next.

Two guesses come to mind. Canidae just had both a formula change and a manufacturing change. They have slightly increased the protein from 22% to 24%, so they claim the ingredient change is good, but I disagree. They've diversified the grains, removing almost all the rice and adding in barley and wheat. Their barley contains gluten and there are actually a lot of dogs that did great on Canidae that are now having bad reactions to the new formula. So it's possible she is one of the dogs that the new formula is not agreeing with.

However, if you're suddenly seeing aggressive tendancies, that is a big red flag for possible medical reasons. For example, sudden and unexplained aggression in dogs can be caused by an ear infection or by thyroid issues. I would recommend a full blood panel at the vet to rule out any possible medical reasons. Tell the vet what you are seeing and that you want to check for any possible medical reasons. Food allergen or food intolerance alone would not cause sudden aggression, so not very likely the two are related. It's remotely possible if the food doesn't agree with her, she's plain not feeling well and could be reacting to the pain, but honestly, I'm not aware of any documented cases like that. I follow all case studies from animal nutritionists and universities very closely, so am pretty familiar with them. So not eating coupled with sudden and occasional aggression are big red flags that something medically is going on. Once the ear infection is treated or once put on thyroid medication, the dog goes back to normal again. A full blood panel will check for thyroid as well as kidney level as well.

As far as what food to try, I would wait and get medical issues ruled out first. If there are medical reasons, then you may need to do a special diet for a few weeks, usually a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice is recommended and then slowly weaning back to kibble.

If medical reasons are ruled out, then I would suspect the change in formula with Canidae as the reason for not eating (but not for the aggression) and would try another food. I would look for gluten free formulas and mid-level proteins to match the old formula of Canidae. A couple brands similar in protein percentages and grain and that are gluten free that you could try would be Merricks, Nature's Variety, Go Natural, Natural Balanace, Wellness Core, Eagle Pack Holistic, or Innova. If allergens are still a concern, I'd suggest trying the Wellness Core or Natural Balance first and go from there. Although Merricks has been successful for many because it's stinkier and therefore more attractive to dogs who are picky eaters.

If you are seeing, how can I say this nicely, digestive issues from either end, then I would go with a novel protein, meaning a duck and potato or fish formula instead of the chicken, turkey, lamb, and beef found in the Canidae/California Natural.

My dogs both have food allergens. Both get fed Nature's Variety Raw and Orijen 6 Fish kibble and do AMAZING on this combination. I had to do several food trials to find the right formulas for them, but it was worth it.
                                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X