Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
    Airelle writes: “How many queens do the wraith have, or are they in different hives?”

Answer: It’s impossible to tell how just many they have, but there is a Queen for every alliance. More on wraith politics in The Queen.

PG15 writes: “Do you guys know, generally, what you want to put in those 2 empty spots at the end of the season, or is it completely blank? Are there “notions” for those spots?”

Answer: No notions, but there are a couple of loose ends that could use tying up.

Rachel writes: “…any chance … in some future sam/jack will be together… ?”

Answer: Sure.

Anne Teldy writes: “From what you’ve answered before, Mr. M, I’ve inferred a Wraith can survive off large animals but the sustenance gained isn’t as tasty or the effects as long-lasting as when they feed from humans.

1. Is this essentially correct?

2. If yes, do the Wraith in general know this?

3a. Will Sheppard and the others ever learn this fact?

3b. I’d like to see Sheppard’s reaction when he finally learns he could have fed Todd a cow instead of Wallace in “Miller’s Crossing”. Possibility?”

Answers: 1. I’d liken their feeding on animal to our consumption of chocolate and candy. In some respects, it would temporarily sustain us, but we would need real food - in our case protein, in their case humans. 2. The wraith do know this and are not inclined to change their ways given that feeding on humans is what gives them their regenerative abilities and strength. 3a. We’ll be exploring the wraith feeding process in season 5. 3b. It wouldn’t have worked.

WK writes: “ If the wraith do not mirror us, and therefore develop beyond the “baddie” let’s pack up and go home, because we know the end of this tale—dull. However, you did not say this…exactly.”

Answer: In fact, I said very little on the subject beyond the fact that the wraith will remain an enemy of Atlantis for the foreseeable future - and this has to do with other reasons beside the wraith’s need to feed. They’re far more complex as a race than the expedition originally assumed, and some individuals (Todd and even Michael for example) colorful and not wholly unsympathetic. Again, more on this (and them) in season 5.

Kevin writes: “1. In Season 2’s Instinct we see Jewel Staite play the role of a wraith child and in Spoils Of War we learn of wraith cloning. Will the topic of wraith children be revisited in season 5?

2. Is it possible that we may come across some planets that the wraith are not aware of in the Pegasus Galaxy?

3. Will we see Beau Bridges (General Landry) or Gary Jones (Walter Harriman) at all in season 5?

4. Just an off the wall question, are you or any of the other Stargate writers or cast into NASCAR?

5. Will we be seeing anything that has to do with the Goa’uld in season 5?”

Answers: First, congratulations on your impending fatherhood. Next - 1. I had pitched out a story early in the season that addressed this issue. Alas, it didn’t make the cut. Maybe season 6? 2. Sure. 3. Unlikely. 4. I’m not sure. 5. Nope, sorry.

Sammie writes: “Now that you answered Sam/Jack shippers about Continuum, is there anything for Sam/Cam shippers in Continuum?”

Answer: Nope, sorry.

Linda Gagne writes: “When the writers write for Carson, do they write it for his scottish dilect or tell him to fill in the appropriate phrase he would use if in Scotland?”

Answer: A little of both. In Whispers, for instance, there’s a point in the script where Beckett makes a surprising discovery. Under the character slug (Beckett), I wrote: “Insert quaint Scottish expression!”.

DasNdanger writes: “We had hope in Todd, but it seems that he will not be given that sort of character arc…either because he will be pigeonholed as a ‘villain’, or because he will be killed off.”

Answer: Really? Is that what’s going to happen to the character? Do you know something about episodes 17 and 18 that I don’t? Well, since you’ve already resigned yourself to the fait accompli based on who-knows-what information, don’t let me spoil it for you.

"And, all the while, running dialogue through my head for the next scene I have to write: McKay, Zelenka, black tea, and a frank admission. I went on a bit of a creative tear last night, hitting the 29 page mark before running out of steam. But much of the night after that was spent lying in bed, tossing and turning as I plotted out the next couple of acts."

Comment

Off to work - BBL - Hope you like 'The Trials' Cazz!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        Off to work - BBL - Hope you like 'The Trials' Cazz!!
        I loved it MrsB! Just left you a review

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
          Very Nice Hun
          Thanks Donna and very nice.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          Beautiful!

Great work Donna!

Thanks Cazz

JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
          Airelle writes: “How many queens do the wraith have, or are they in different hives?”

Answer: It’s impossible to tell how just many they have, but there is a Queen for every alliance. More on wraith politics in The Queen.

PG15 writes: “Do you guys know, generally, what you want to put in those 2 empty spots at the end of the season, or is it completely blank? Are there “notions” for those spots?”

Answer: No notions, but there are a couple of loose ends that could use tying up.

Anne Teldy writes: “From what you’ve answered before, Mr. M, I’ve inferred a Wraith can survive off large animals but the sustenance gained isn’t as tasty or the effects as long-lasting as when they feed from humans.

3b. I’d like to see Sheppard’s reaction when he finally learns he could have fed Todd a cow instead of Wallace in “Miller’s Crossing”. Possibility?”

Answers: 1. I’d liken their feeding on animal to our consumption of chocolate and candy. In some respects, it would temporarily sustain us, but we would need real food - in our case protein, in their case humans. 2. The wraith do know this and are not inclined to change their ways given that feeding on humans is what gives them their regenerative abilities and strength. 3a. We’ll be exploring the wraith feeding process in season 5. 3b. It wouldn’t have worked.

WK writes: “ If the wraith do not mirror us, and therefore develop beyond the “baddie” let’s pack up and go home, because we know the end of this tale—dull. However, you did not say this…exactly.”

Answer: In fact, I said very little on the subject beyond the fact that the wraith will remain an enemy of Atlantis for the foreseeable future - and this has to do with other reasons beside the wraith’s need to feed. They’re far more complex as a race than the expedition originally assumed, and some individuals (Todd and even Michael for example) colorful and not wholly unsympathetic. Again, more on this (and them) in season 5.

Kevin writes: “1. In Season 2’s Instinct we see Jewel Staite play the role of a wraith child and in Spoils Of War we learn of wraith cloning. Will the topic of wraith children be revisited in season 5?

2. Is it possible that we may come across some planets that the wraith are not aware of in the Pegasus Galaxy?

3. Will we see Beau Bridges (General Landry) or Gary Jones (Walter Harriman) at all in season 5?

4. Just an off the wall question, are you or any of the other Stargate writers or cast into NASCAR?

Answers: First, congratulations on your impending fatherhood. Next - 1. I had pitched out a story early in the season that addressed this issue. Alas, it didn’t make the cut. Maybe season 6? 2. Sure. 3. Unlikely. 4. I’m not sure. 5. Nope, sorry.

Sammie writes: “Now that you answered Sam/Jack shippers about Continuum, is there anything for Sam/Cam shippers in Continuum?”

Linda Gagne writes: “When the writers write for Carson, do they write it for his scottish dilect or tell him to fill in the appropriate phrase he would use if in Scotland?”

Answer: A little of both. In Whispers, for instance, there’s a point in the script where Beckett makes a surprising discovery. Under the character slug (Beckett), I wrote: “Insert quaint Scottish expression!”.

DasNdanger writes: “We had hope in Todd, but it seems that he will not be given that sort of character arc…either because he will be pigeonholed as a ‘villain’, or because he will be killed off.”

Answer: Really? Is that what’s going to happen to the character? Do you know something about episodes 17 and 18 that I don’t? Well, since you’ve already resigned yourself to the fait accompli based on who-knows-what information, don’t let me spoil it for you.

"And, all the while, running dialogue through my head for the next scene I have to write: McKay, Zelenka, black tea, and a frank admission. I went on a bit of a creative tear last night, hitting the 29 page mark before running out of steam. But much of the night after that was spent lying in bed, tossing and turning as I plotted out the next couple of acts."
          Thanks for the update MrsB

Comment

I loved it MrsB! Just left you a review

Thanks Cazz!!

And all the artwork I saw this morning before I left for work was bomb....

Any new spoilers over the weekend?

Comment

Thanks Cazz!!

And all the artwork I saw this morning before I left for work was bomb....

Any new spoilers over the weekend?
              Did you see the pictures from The Seed? They're very squee worthy

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                What is it with y'all trying to get me to write fics
                Don't know maybe it has something to do with you being a good writer.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Oh oh i love yer Sam sig...I didn't really like her with long hair but the more i see it the more it's growing on me!
                Thanks and
                Spoiler:
                yeah at first i didn't like seeing her with long hair but eventually i got used to seeing her with it though i still prefer seeing her with short hair like she had in Sg-1 S10.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                Sorry for RL your work is really great and I love the Hot Zone one you catch really well Teyla
                Thank you asgard.
                Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                Alright thought I share it in here too since I saw this on the whump thread just a short while ago...

Pics out on the epi The Seed.. and yes there is something for both Teyla and John fans 2 pics on John, and 1 clear one of Teyla there is another one with her fuzzy in the background...

Teyla
                http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2-MGM-0002.jpg

John
                http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2-MGM-0005.jpg
                http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...2-MGM-0006.jpg

And the rest can be found here
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=55374
                Thanks for the links Nina
                Spoiler:
                it's great to finally see a pic of Teyla even if there is only the one clear one I'm so happy now.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                It's OT, but I made a Weir sig.
                Love it sci.
                I don't see why you hate it DONNA it's beautiful.
                JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:

As always thanks for the update MrsB.

Comment

Quick drop in.

RR fic June- fab start!

I'm going to ask if I can borrow the Celine Dion CD overnight tomorrow- if they let me. (for those who don't know, just go back two of my posts, & you'll see).

Anyway, I've got to go- early start tomorrow (6:30am NOOOOO!!!!!)
                  MUST GO SLEEP!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Did you see the pictures from The Seed? They're very squee worthy

Pictures?? Oh figures lol Can you tell me what they are of, if you dont mind?

Comment

Thanks WL!!

Congrats MrsB on 4800 posts!!

Did you see the S&R stills also???

The Seed stills:
                      Spoiler:
                      There's one cap that has Carson, another that has Keller.
                      A cap that has Teyla, Rodney and Ronon around Carson in an infirmary bed.
                      Teyla next to Woolsey looking at something.
                      Rodney in a hazmat suit also one with Carson in one.
                      John in infirmary bed with Carson holding his hand and Keller smiling at the end of the bed(John is awake).
                      Another with John walking out of a jumper with his gun, but no vest, no holster and he has his Atlantis and US flag tags on.

I think I got them all.

Morning LJ. I can't wait to see how the vid looks like when you're done.

Comment

Thanks Sci!!!! And no, I did not see either sets of pics!!! What was their source?

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          Thanks WL!!

Congrats MrsB on 4800 posts!!

Did you see the S&R stills also???

The Seed stills:
                          Spoiler:
                          There's one cap that has Carson, another that has Keller.
                          A cap that has Teyla, Rodney and Ronon around Carson in an infirmary bed.
                          Teyla next to Woolsey looking at something.
                          Rodney in a hazmat suit also one with Carson in one.
                          John in infirmary bed with Carson holding his hand and Keller smiling at the end of the bed(John is awake).
                          Another with John walking out of a jumper with his gun, but no vest, no holster and he has his Atlantis and US flag tags on.

I think I got them all.

Morning LJ. I can't wait to see how the vid looks like when you're done.
                          Yep you got them all but
                          Spoiler:
                          In the pic of John walking out the jumper, he's holding something behind the gun. Personally I think it looks like some sort of inoculation

This is the site I saw the pics on MrsB Spoiler Comm but they got them from Andreas who posts in the S5 threads, apparently she's very reliable

Thanks Sci!!!! And no, I did not see either sets of pics!!! What was their source?

Comment

Andreas posted the caps.
                            Spoiler:
                            I think they work at MGM. The caps has the MGM logo in the bottom right corner. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....97&postcount=1

S&R pics.
                            Spoiler:
                            Rodney amongst rumble with cut on forehead and a notepad(laptop, whatever you want to call it) in this hand.
                            Woolsey in a suit.
                            Sam in uniform and smiling.
                            Vega(sp) with P-90.
                            John and Ronon on Wraith ship with guns raised. (I personally think John looks like he's hurting and feverish. )
                            Kannan looking very creepy, he has a gun raised.
                            Rodney has vest on, flashlight pointing with one hand and pistol in another.
                            Sam with luggage bag over her shoulder and standing across from Woolsey at the bottome of SGC gate ramp.(Gate is in the background)
                            Keller and Sam at rescue site. Keller looks frantic and Sam is kneeling on the ground, but her head is slightly lower, as if she's listening for something.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Yep you got them all but
                              Spoiler:
                              In the pic of John walking out the jumper, he's holding something behind the gun. Personally I think it looks like some sort of inoculation

This is the site I saw the pics on MrsB Spoiler Comm but they got them from Andreas who posts in the S5 threads, apparently she's very reliable

Dude for real, thanks! I can actually see them on that site which is why I asked for the source. The firewalls here are so schitzophrenic. I appreciate it!!

and thank you too Sci!

Comment

Yep you got them all but
                                Spoiler:

OOOps. Thanks Cazz. ITA. I think it's that too.
                                I like Peggy's idea that...
                                Spoiler:
                                when Paul M says that he is brought of stasis to save "her" that he maybe referring to the city.

NP MrsB.
                                Last edited by scifan; 02 June 2008, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X