I made these but i don't like them that much

Well I like 'em! They're great
    *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post

Is there a cure for being your own worst critic *Lol* anyway...they are great as usual
      sigpic
      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
        OT question for all you American types:

Spoiler:
        What would you be more likely to say, quilt or duvet?
        Err..
        Spoiler:
        That's like a blanket right..? I read a fic once and it said something about a duvet, and john covering teyla with the duvet, so I figured it was like a blanket..

EDIT: Making a house home, that was it!

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Spoiler:
          It depends. A duvet is different than a quilt. A quilt is usually made of remnants of leftover material that is sewn together into squares or more detailed patterns by hand usually. At least all of mine are. My Great Grandmother made them. And, they do not have any type of stuffing in them.

A duvet, at least, what I call a duvet has some type of stuffing in them. Be it down feathers or what. It is heavier and thicker than a quilt. But, you've got to remember I live in Texas and I also happen to be from the South.

So, if it didn't have any padding or stuffing in it, I would call it a quilt or a afgan. If had the stuffing in it I would call it a duvet or comforter.

I know, I made this more complicated than it really is but, that is the way my weird brain works.
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
            uhhhhhh.......
            Spoiler:
            You mean even though my username is not the same as here, and even though in the story sumup area it says co-Authored with WingedPegasus in it, that doesn't count?! I still am working on the second chapter (when Alex meets Teyla and Teyilia for the first time.) *is now getting dragged from the keys.... guh....*
            Okay . . .
            Spoiler:
            I've seen a few fics authored by more than one ff.net author, and they decided have a different username, whose profile says that they are a "joint enterprise", so to speak. It's just that when you see the author, you immediately associate the fic with that author, even if you see it was co-authored afterward . . . see what I'm saying? I would create a another profile for it myself, but I'd need permission.
            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
              Err..
              Spoiler:
              That's like a blanket right..? I read a fic once and it said something about a duvet, and john covering teyla with the duvet, so I figured it was like a blanket..

EDIT: Making a house home, that was it!
              That's so sweet of John (in the fic)! Y'know, that could actually happen!!! Just a quiet little scene where John sees her asleep and covers her with a blanket, but no one else whould have to see, and it could still be a nice little moment between them.... *BIG shippy sigh* awwww! And then there'd be some major squeeing going on here! lol
              --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
                It depends. A duvet is different than a quilt. A quilt is usually made of remnants of leftover material that is sewn together into squares or more detailed patterns by hand usually. At least all of mine are. My Great Grandmother made them. And, they do not have any type of stuffing in them.

A duvet, at least, what I call a duvet has some type of stuffing in them. Be it down feathers or what. It is heavier and thicker than a quilt. But, you've got to remember I live in Texas and I also happen to be from the South.

So, if it didn't have any padding or stuffing in it, I would call it a quilt or a afgan. If had the stuffing in it I would call it a duvet or comforter.

I know, I made this more complicated than it really is but, that is the way my weird brain works.
                Well that was a broad explanation Hehe.. thanks, now I know what it means too

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                  That's so sweet of John (in the fic)! Y'know, that could actually happen!!! Just a quiet little scene where John sees her asleep and covers her with a blanket, but no one else whould have to see, and it could still be a nice little moment between them.... *BIG shippy sigh* awwww! And then there'd be some major squeeing going on here! lol
                  Yeah.. I read the fic like 2 times, and I looked it up to see what the title was again, and now I find myself reading it all again !
                  And I agree that could happen! Would you mind if I stole that little idea from you and try to write a fic about it..? Would be my second fic, and I love to write fluffy stuff.. *sigh*

WP I had a question.. I saw you joined at september 2007.. Then how can you possibly have more than 2.000 posts already..??!
                  Btw* I love your new sig! It's very nice
                  Last edited by TeylaFan; 02 January 2008, 01:10 PM.

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

I'm in one of those moods. I'll catch up on thread after, but here's and angst fic.
                    But first EC and Jess: Awesome job!!!

Consoling

Spoiler:
                    John lies in his bed having trouble sleeping. The past few weeks have been rough for him and his team. There hasn’t been any Intel on Teyla’s people and his concern for her pregnancy has been increasing. He gets up to go to the mess hall.

“Maybe if I get something to eat it will make me tired,” he thinks out loud. He sighs know that it probably work.

As he starts walking by Teyla’s quarters he can hear screaming. He swipes his hand over the crystals for the door and they chime, but Teyla continues to scream. He rigs the door to open and he sees Teyla thrashing about in her bed.

“NO!” she cries.

John runs quickly to her side to walk her up and almost gets knocked down by her swing arms. He is finally able to grab her by her upper arms.

“Teyla. Teyla! It’s ok,” John says as he gently shakes her.

She stops yelling and slowly opens her eyes. She sees John in front of her and she looks confused. He slowly helps her to sit up.

Teyla looks at John with tears in her eyes, “John? What… what are you doing here?”

“You were having a bad dream. I could hear you screaming for the corridor,” he responds gently.

She instantly buries her head in chest and all her emotions pour out. He positions himself to be closer to her. Last time when she sought comfort from him, after Dr. Heightmeyer died, he wasn’t quite sure what to do, but this time he didn’t hesitate to hold her tight and console her. She melts right into him and he begins to strokes her hair.

“What got you so upset?” he whispers into her ear.

She positions her head so she can talk clearer, “I saw all my people dead, from the youngest to the oldest. I could him voices yelling me that it was all my fault.” She begins to sob again.

He begins rub her back, “This is not your fault. Never think it is and we will find them. Alive.”

John feels a strong jab in abdomen, “Whoa! What was that?”

He pulls away and gives her a smile. Teyla smiles back.

“If I felt that, I’d hate to think how you feel,” John quips.

Teyla gives him a big smile, “I love you John. I… I mean I love how you’re here for me.”

John smiles at her comment and he slowly begins to hovers his hand over her stomach. He’s unsure if he should cross into a different boundary, but Teyla gently takes his hand and places on her belly. She can feel his hand shaking under hers.

He looks up into her eyes, “This child is here to remind that you are not alone and I am here to let you know that I will always be here when you need me.”

She releases a long, soft sigh and nestles back into his chest. She soon falls asleep. He gently lays her down and covers her up.

He returns to his quarters, forgetting all about the mess hall, and for the first time in weeks he feels a little less stressed. The thoughts of him being able to comfort her, the kick from the baby and her almost confession of her feelings for him is just what he needed for the night. For the first time in a long time he is able to have a restful sleep.

The End

Comment

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
                      dude, you are crazy

You gots an Xbox 360? Awww man! this is not fair! Does everyone but me have a 360, or am I just imagining it?
                      Yep looks like it's just you that don't have one

Spoiler:
                      huh,what a strange question!

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post

Don't like them......HELLO,on what planet...They're awesome as usual,Teyla looking all badass,what more do we want!

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post

A Quilt is the same in British terms,it's made up of either Duck Feather or Goose Feather or i think even Synthetic Material!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ruby--

Spoiler:
                        If you're talking about a blanket for a baby...like someone made it for him, I would definitely use the word quilt. Out here in CA, the only people who say duvet is Martha Stewart...or those Texan folk
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          I'm in one of those moods. I'll catch up on thread after, but here's and angst fic.

Consoling

Spoiler:
                          John lies in his bed having trouble sleeping. The past few weeks have been rough for him and his team. There hasn’t been any Intel on Teyla’s people and his concern for her pregnancy has been increasing. He gets up to go to the mess hall.

“Maybe if I get something to eat it will make me tired,” he thinks out loud. He sighs know that it probably work.

As he starts walking by Teyla’s quarters he can hear screaming. He swipes his hand over the crystals for the door and they chime, but Teyla continues to scream. He rigs the door to open and he sees Teyla thrashing about in her bed.

“NO!” she cries.

John runs quickly to her side to walk her up and almost gets knocked down by her swing arms. He is finally able to grab her by her upper arms.

She stops yelling and slowly opens her eyes. She sees John in front of her and she looks confused. He slowly helps her to sit up.

Teyla looks at John with tears in her eyes, “John? What… what are you doing here?”

“You were having a bad dream. I could hear you screaming for the corridor,” he responds gently.

She instantly buries her head in chest and all her emotions pour out. He positions himself to be closer to her. Last time when she sought comfort from him, after Dr. Heightmeyer died, he wasn’t quite sure what to do, but this time he didn’t hesitate to hold her tight and console her. She melts right into him and he begins to strokes her hair.

She positions her head so she can talk clearer, “I saw all my people dead, from the youngest to the oldest. I could him voices yelling me that it was all my fault.” She begins to sob again.

He begins rub her back, “This is not your fault. Never think it is and we will find them. Alive.”

Teyla gives him a big smile, “I love you John. I… I mean I love how you’re here for me.”

John smiles at her comment and he slowly begins to hovers his hand over her stomach. He’s unsure if he should cross into a different boundary, but Teyla gently takes his hand and places on her belly. She can feel his hand shaking under hers.

He looks up into her eyes, “This child is here to remind that you are not alone and I am here to let you know that I will always be here when you need me.”

She releases a long, soft sigh and nestles back into his chest. She soon falls asleep. He gently lays her down and covers her up.

He returns to his quarters, forgetting all about the mess hall, and for the first time in weeks he feels a little less stressed. The thoughts of him being able to comfort her, the kick from the baby and her almost confession of her feelings for him is just what he needed for the night. For the first time in a long time he is able to have a restful sleep.

The End
                          That was great Sci! Very sweet!
                          Spoiler:
                          that this time he didn't hesitate to hold her... aw!

I'm off to bed everybody! Sleep well, see ya all tomorrow sweet sheyla dreams

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Consoling

Spoiler:

“NO!” she cries.

The End
                            Spoiler:
                            awwwwwwwwwwwww,that was so sweet...............Oh wait it was supposed to be angsty.........Um,that was kinda sad but it was so sweet!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Consoling

Spoiler:

“NO!” she cries.

The End
                              Great job Auntie!

OT
                              Spoiler:
                              Sorry to hear about your husband's aunt. It must be terrible for both of you.
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                                Ruby--

Spoiler:
                                If you're talking about a blanket for a baby...like someone made it for him, I would definitely use the word quilt. Out here in CA, the only people who say duvet is Martha Stewart...or those Texan folk
                                I have to agree with on the Martha Stewart!
                                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                                sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Working...
                                X