X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
    I hear you!...
    Spoiler:
    I'm just making sure i don't get too excited...*lol*...but then again as you said we never know with TPTB...they seesaw everything....

Personally I never got S/W...ok in the first part of Rising, (sorry I make up my mind very quickly on pairing)...they did have some nice cuts between them, and then when she held up the champagne or him waving back...but that wasn't tension, that turned out to be just them being themselves...Liz was excited and John just naturally is nice...And then the scene with Teyla in the tent, and cave, that was put the final nail in the s/w coffin for me.

But from what i've read on 'sunday' i think the tension with the new guy is going to be interesting and much better than anything anyone has imagined with s/w, a definite step up for her.

ok here's another random thought

Spoiler:
    ok so Rachel said they leave it hanging right?...Could it be that we never find out who it is, but that they just cut in with them talking about 'the him', and we never get to hear his name...cause i can see that happening...and that would definitely send all the shippers wild...

Oh I know, I don't dare expect too much either! Especially with all the latest comments indicating we'll continue to see more tension rather than any sort of fulfillment. But either way, I'm excited to see this scene in Sunday!

Spoiler:
    Just the fact that they are having Teyla admit FEELINGS is a huge step!!! Even if they don't tell us who it is, LOL! We'll all know who the mysterious "him" is! But oh yes, it will be definitely interesting to see what the fan reaction as to who this "someone" is! I suppose most will either think John or Ronon. Not to hard to figure out how that opinion will be split up.

I too have never understood the S/W ship. I love the S/W moments, but I have never seen them as sexual. Not once. It was established immediately in episode one that Elizabeth had a boyfriend. In fact, the original plan was to have Simon be her husband. I even thought he was her husband for all of season one until I came online during season two. What would that say about her character if we are to believe she leaves him and immediately starts flirting with the first handsome guy she encounters on her mission? That is not her way at all. She was devasted when Simon broke up with her. And I love this loyalty in her. I don't believe for one moment he strayed from her thoughts during season one. And we saw she still thought of him even in season three. And since Simon, she has been fighting the idea that it is inappropriate for her to develop feelings for anyone given her position. This is why I think Sunday will be such a huge character revelation moment for her. But about John? No, sorry. John and Teyla have been meant since the start, as established in Rising and as continued throughout the last three years.

As the author of this latest article said, "Another relationship which seems to be progressing is that of Teyla and John Sheppard. The will they/won't they couple have shared many an intimate moment since their first meeting" and "...her character, who has often hinted at having strong feelings for the heroic Sheppard.." TPTB, the actors, and even the authors of Stargate Magazine have often acknowledged the deliberate tension between John and Teyla. The big unknown at this point is how far will they go. That is what has me nervous more than anything else. I really hope we will someday see that fulfillment, even if it is in the final episode!
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

ok before i skip out for the day....

Just saw this on GW...

Atlantis writer explores "Sunday"

So a few important things I thought was interesting
      Spoiler:

1.Some of their relationships will be a revelation, and some will just be as expected.= So we get Katie Brown back and from a comment by Mckay it sounds as though they going out still. Also, revelation, Teyla's big secret love. This is letting me be a little more optimistic that it's John.

2.It'll also, I think, be a big 'ship' episode. So what are we looking at here, the optimist in me is saying that it'll be the Teyla comment, then again the pessimist in me is saying that it's either the team relationships, or Weir's relationship with the scientist.

3.open up her[Weir] relationship with Teyla= woohoo...about time!....don't know how disappointed i'll be yet if it doesn't work out exactly like i'd like.

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Okay, so maybe I'm off base thinking it's possible TPB are using the Conversion kiss to say the fans don't want to see anything real, that fans just want to see tension. That kiss was real enough.

My non-ship friends (two) thought the kiss was completely unexpected but not contraversial.

The same friends say there's no ship in SGA. Except when I show my scenes from Sateda, The Long Good-bye, The Lost Boys, Conversion, Seige 1, The Gift, Letters from Pegasus, Suspicion, and Rising.

Then they hem and haw and go yeah, well, he wants her, who wouldn't!

Yep, they're guys.

One of them said I can set aside the ep list when I want to discuss ship and just say the following: I should just ask how many times Sheppard and Teyla have sparred.

Why?

He says, "No man in his right mind repeatedly subjects himself to a butt-kicking from a woman just to learn a new fight move."

Lol! That cracks me up.

Comment

Just saw this on GW...

Spoiler:

1.Some of their relationships will be a revelation, and some will just be as expected.= So we get Katie Brown back and from a comment by Mckay it sounds as though they going out still. Also, revelation, Teyla's big secret love. This is letting me be a little more optimistic that it's John.

2.It'll also, I think, be a big 'ship' episode. So what are we looking at here, the optimist in me is saying that it'll be the Teyla comment, then again the pessimist in me is saying that it's either the team relationships, or Weir's relationship with the scientist.

3.open up her[Weir] relationship with Teyla= woohoo...about time!....don't know how disappointed i'll be yet if it doesn't work out exactly like i'd like.
          Oh no. I'm starting to get a bit excited. Sunday
          Spoiler:
          The actors do such a great job with their characters. To think of them having meaningful (maybe even intense) interaction against a backdrop like Sunday's premise ... fills me with excitement. I'm terrified I'll be disappointed. I'll have to curb this before the ep airs, so I can take it for what it is, but, wow, it has promise.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
            Oh I know, I don't dare expect too much either! Especially with all the latest comments indicating we'll continue to see more tension rather than any sort of fulfillment. But either way, I'm excited to see this scene in Sunday!

Spoiler:
            Just the fact that they are having Teyla admit FEELINGS is a huge step!!! Even if they don't tell us who it is, LOL! We'll all know who the mysterious "him" is! But oh yes, it will be definitely interesting to see what the fan reaction as to who this "someone" is! I suppose most will either think John or Ronon. Not to hard to figure out how that opinion will be split up.

I too have never understood the S/W ship. I love the S/W moments, but I have never seen them as sexual. Not once. It was established immediately in episode one that Elizabeth had a boyfriend. In fact, the original plan was to have Simon be her husband. I even thought he was her husband for all of season one until I came online during season two. What would that say about her character if we are to believe she leaves him and immediately starts flirting with the first handsome guy she encounters on her mission? That is not her way at all. She was devasted when Simon broke up with her. And I love this loyalty in her. I don't believe for one moment he strayed from her thoughts during season one. And we saw she still thought of him even in season three. And since Simon, she has been fighting the idea that it is inappropriate for her to develop feelings for anyone given her position. This is why I think Sunday will be such a huge character revelation moment for her. But about John? No, sorry. John and Teyla have been meant since the start, as established in Rising and as continued throughout the last three years.

As the author of this latest article said, "Another relationship which seems to be progressing is that of Teyla and John Sheppard. The will they/won't they couple have shared many an intimate moment since their first meeting" and "...her character, who has often hinted at having strong feelings for the heroic Sheppard.." TPTB, the actors, and even the authors of Stargate Magazine have often acknowledged the deliberate tension between John and Teyla. The big unknown at this point is how far will they go. That is what has me nervous more than anything else. I really hope we will someday see that fulfillment, even if it is in the final episode!
            Spoiler:
            I wish I could be as patient as you if its only in the final ep then I will have long lost interest. I really dont mind if Teyla has a relationship with someone else besides John - IF they go ahead with it and do it well. I just hate this oh I don't know who it is business. If its left in the air like Rachel has indicated then it will be a free for every ship to jump in and give their two cents - and I am fed up with this kind of bahaviour. She really loves Ronan, no she really loves Shep or some mysterious new guy that she is secretly seeing!!!.

I don't mind if they continue with the tension or ust or whatever they call it but just between ONE couple. I would rather that there was no hint of relationships rather than having a guessing game as to who she MIGHT be talking about. Even if we get hints from the ep as to whom we think she is talking about others will see what they want to see.
            I am glad that tptb have acknowledged that their are feelings between John and Telya but either keep on the way they have been so far this season - with nice intimate moments between them, or take it a step futher. Now that step futher may be throwing a new love interest Teylas way - but at least we know where we stand. This could be a wake up call for John to realise that he does have feelings for Teyla. It doesn't have to be a big jealousy thing but just some subtle comments but enough to show us that John does care for Teyla.
            sigpic

Comment

Just saw this on GW...

Spoiler:

Oh thank you for the link!!!! I just skimmed it now quickly and need to read it again to absorb it all, LOL! But this has me more excited too! I still think it will ultimately end up sort of vague, but it does sound like we could get some nice hints too!

Spoiler:
              He said something about it all happening simultaneously, so perhaps in each segment, it is vague, but when all strung together, the answer will be more evident. I'm afraid to hope that much, but we'll see!!!

And I totally agree with you about your three points! It will be very interesting to see how this all plays out given all the possibilities!!! It could just be with a secondary ship too, we just have no way of knowing at this point. But somehow, I think we'll still get at least a little something to be happy about!

What I am most excited about too is that this is a character episode. Those are always my ultimate favorite as I am a character person first and foremost, even over plot. And I love the confirmation that there is no real bad guy. That was one of my concerns with this ep. I was afraid to hope for too much characterizations since we know there is an explosion, and if caused by a bad guy, a lot of time would need to be devoted to finding and catching him. If the explosion is naturally occuring, maybe a problem with the city somewhere, then more time can be devoted to the characters. YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                Oh no. I'm starting to get a bit excited. Sunday
                Spoiler:
                The actors do such a great job with their characters. To think of them having meaningful (maybe even intense) interaction against a backdrop like Sunday's premise ... fills me with excitement. I'm terrified I'll be disappointed. I'll have to curb this before the ep airs, so I can take it for what it is, but, wow, it has promise.
                EXACTLY. Well said!

Comment

The writers need to stop being cowards and just get it done. This song and dance mess is turning alot of fans off. I am patient as can be(I am still waiting 6 years for one of my other pairings and I waited 4 years for another), but I need those lines defined as to who will be together, if anyone.

From the outset we saw that they were going with JT and as far as I can see they haven't veered from that path yet. I don't see any other ship involving these two with others. Yeah so John got his kirk on in S2, but I am talking long term relationships. They need to make a bold statement and just say fugg it and be done. Because no matter what direction they take people are gonna be pissed. So just do it and get it over with.

He says, "No man in his right mind repeatedly subjects himself to a butt-kicking from a woman just to learn a new fight move."
                  LMAO. This is so true.

Comment

Originally posted by WikkedAngel View Post
                    The writers need to stop being cowards and just get it done. This song and dance mess is turning alot of fans off. I am patient as can be(I am still waiting 6 years for one of my other pairings and I waited 4 years for another), but I need those lines defined as to who will be together, if anyone.

From the outset we saw that they were going with JT and as far as I can see they haven't veered from that path yet. I don't see any other ship involving these two with others. Yeah so John got his kirk on in S2, but I am talking long term relationships. They need to make a bold statement and just say fugg it and be done. Because no matter what direction they take people are gonna be pissed. So just do it and get it over with.

LMAO. This is so true.
                    Guess I am more patient than most, LOL! But yeah, I do definitely understand and hope the same as well. I've had that frustration with other ships before...Xfiles comes to mind! After 9 years of waiting, I felt a bit cheated with that one! But I was still estactically happy it happened!!!!

One thing I am a little encouraged by as well for Sunday is that Gero seems to be the one to bring us some of the bigger J/T leaps, so maybe he will be the one to be "bold" and give us a little more. He wrote some of my favorite moments, like Hot Zone, Gift, Conversion, Lost Boys, Allies, and Return Part one. All of these eps have deliberate J/T moments in them, so we know he's not afraid to "go there." So let's hope he's not afraid to take a chance once more!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post

Chapter 12 of Trials of Faith is now up. Skimmed the first few sentences and it looks good.

Thanks Nick!! Just read the chapter now. Hmm, they again feel way off to me, especially John again in this one. Ronon and Teyla as well. Rodney is the only one feeling "on" to me right now. Interesting to see what happens next! Love the fast updates though!

Comment

Just saw this on GW...

Spoiler:

Thanks for the link WitchBlade - its certaintly sounds like a very interesting episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

Just noticed that we have passed the 300,000 hits on our thread.

WOOOHOOOO !!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Just noticed that we have passed the 300,000 hits on our thread.

WOOOHOOOO !!!
                            WOW!!!! That's great....
                            sigpic
                            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I wish the writers would be a bit more blatant too. Just saw a *wonderfully* shippy moment in the show Torchwood, the Ghost Machine ep. It shows a man teaching a woman to fire a gun and is exactly the type of scene I wish we'd had for John and Teyla.

It's blatant without being in your face.

I can't wait to see what the next season of SGA brings. Just saw The Game and thought it was great.

Doxy

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom View Post
                                I wish the writers would be a bit more blatant too. Just saw a *wonderfully* shippy moment in the show Torchwood, the Ghost Machine ep. It shows a man teaching a woman to fire a gun and is exactly the type of scene I wish we'd had for John and Teyla.

It's blatant without being in your face.

I can't wait to see what the next season of SGA brings. Just saw The Game and thought it was great.

Doxy

Ohh, now that sounds HOT! I would've killed for a scene like that between John and Teyla in season one!!!

I've never seen Torchwood, but maybe I'll have to check it out! You've intrigued me now, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X