John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jtjaforever View Post
    Witchy, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Feel better soon . And I neglected to say - you're sig is great!

Cyn
    thanks Cyn...

You know the whole feelings thing
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn't mind if the convo is about telling the marine we heard about earlier in the season about her feelings *ducks the rotten tomatoes*....I'd be happy with that, cause just to have some sort of episode/scene that Teyla is having a girl/girl chat about a guy and to actually KNOW she had feeling for a guys is way better than having them slam Shep and Teyla together, and have ppl go, oh she doesn't fit him, cause she doesn't have any sexuality and has never been show as being attracted to anyone. Urgh, did that make sense?...Anyway, If it's shep, then i'm all for that too...*lol*.

Now we hear it's a girl...are we talking an athosian or one of the earth's crew. I'm hoping for maybe an athosian, they need to bring in some athosian influence cause it's very lacking...

R.I.P Wraithlord
    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by jtjaforever View Post
      Racheal Luttrell on cover of Jan/Feb 2007 issue of the Stargate magazine.

Went to Books a Million tonight and browse the latest issue of the Stargate mag. Racheal had the front cover and at least a 3-4 page article w/lots of pictures. She confirmed in the article that the episode that she filmed before hiatus has her walking down a hall w/a woman telling/asking her about revealing her feelings to someone. Racheal said the way the scene was written it leaves it up in the air who she is talking about.

The article also mentions that Racheal would like for Teyla to have a love interest outside of the male dynamics she is in (the team). She feels it would shake things up a bit and give more insight into Teyla. She also commented on the *ship*. She said some fans say - "John & Teyla all the way" and others - "Ronon & Teyla all the way". Again she was evasive about which ship she preferred.

She also mentioned that she would really like the writers to explore her relationsip w/Weir more. That it is a relationship that *really* should be done because they are both women in roles of leadership. This is what we have all been saying and with the talk of AT coming on board even if for a few eps it would seen the chance of that as being even less. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Okay, I thought I'd share. Saw Deja Vu tonight - cool movie . Later guys & gals.

Cyn

Thanks for the heads up Cyn. This is one magazine that I have to get.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Thanks guys for the interview.
        Spoiler:
        Very interesting - but it does sound like TPTB are happy to continue messing around with shippers. I really don't know where they get this idea that we like this type of thing. They couldn't be more wrong. I just hate this "will they won't they" nonsense and it puts me completely off if it carries on for too long - and its definitely not exciting. It seems like the PTB will change their minds like the wind - if one group of people say they like one pairing they go for it but as soon as another group say they like a different pairing then they rush off to do that as well. Can't they just make a decision and go with it - it is MUCH better then this childish crap. Its funny how suddenly both Joe and Rachel have said pretty much the same thing about what they think the audience wants when it comes to romance. Its sounds like they have been told how to answer the ship question.

Why bother even hinting at any relationships if they are not going to go with any. Why not just make it definite friendship - I Know certain scenes will always be interpreted as shippy but why throw in kiss's and hugs and head touches and all the other stuff they do deliberatley to dangle ship at viewers.
        Oh, I didn't take it that way at all Blue!
        Spoiler:
        The author's will they/won't they comment and Rachel's "tension is better than fulfillment" comment was more about how far will they go to me, not about what ship will they go with. That has never been a doubt in my mind and still isn't. I was thrilled to see the author mention more than once that there is tension between John and Teyla and that their tension has been slowly building. I LOVE seeing this because I for one am sick of some trying to deny that anything even exists between them! There have been tons of deliberate moments between them, so I love seeing that acknowledged again in an official Stargate Magazine! Very, very cool!
        But what I am also a bit frustrated by is this belief that the audience doesn't want to see fulfillment. Both Joe and Rachel making this comment now makes me think this is something that has been discussed in one of their last conference calls or meetings. I don't think they were coached on how to answer the ship question; not at all. It's more likely they were told about this test audience and the results, and they are just repeating this information. I would just like to know where on earth they got this supposed test group from, what age group they were, and how much stock they put into this belief. As we've discussed before, this is becoming an antiquated belief in television, and it is frustrating to see them still stuck in the "old ways" of SciFi, even though we pretty much expected it from the beginning anyway. And I don't mind the tension, I love it! But I don't love the idea of it never ultimately leading anywhere. If they are following the "old faithful" method of onscreen romance, we'll finally see fulfillment in the final episode. And that is extremely unfortunate as it's been proven more than once it's not necessary to hold off that long and that fulfillment does not kill a show. Especially in a show like this where it takes a backseat to the main premise anyway.

But anyway, overall, I loved this article! Yet more J/T confirmation! And that is never a bad thing!
        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

I've been gone for a while b/c of school and projects, luckily still have some time to check the latest news.

Anyways, I was wondering when Sunday was gunna air, I thought it was gunna air 2 weeks ago, and reading that interview has gotten me more excited to watch it! Well hear what happens, b/c I live in the U.S.

Spoiler:
          I don't think its gunna Ronan they talks about. They said that their relationship was like brother and sister. The only guy Teyla has shown any romantic interest is Shep. I wouldnt mind if its some hot marine, as long teyla and shep are together in the end.

B/c Teyla needs some love, just like Weir!

Mishy

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
            Oh, I didn't take it that way at all Blue!
            Spoiler:
            The author's will they/won't they comment and Rachel's "tension is better than fulfillment" comment was more about how far will they go to me, not about what ship will they go with. That has never been a doubt in my mind and still isn't. I was thrilled to see the author mention more than once that there is tension between John and Teyla and that their tension has been slowly building. I LOVE seeing this because I for one am sick of some trying to deny that anything even exists between them! There have been tons of deliberate moments between them, so I love seeing that acknowledged again in an official Stargate Magazine! Very, very cool!
            But what I am also a bit frustrated by is this belief that the audience doesn't want to see fulfillment. Both Joe and Rachel making this comment now makes me think this is something that has been discussed in one of their last conference calls or meetings. I don't think they were coached on how to answer the ship question; not at all. It's more likely they were told about this test audience and the results, and they are just repeating this information. I would just like to know where on earth they got this supposed test group from, what age group they were, and how much stock they put into this belief. As we've discussed before, this is becoming an antiquated belief in television, and it is frustrating to see them still stuck in the "old ways" of SciFi, even though we pretty much expected it from the beginning anyway. And I don't mind the tension, I love it! But I don't love the idea of it never ultimately leading anywhere. If they are following the "old faithful" method of onscreen romance, we'll finally see fulfillment in the final episode. And that is extremely unfortunate as it's been proven more than once it's not necessary to hold off that long and that fulfillment does not kill a show. Especially in a show like this where it takes a backseat to the main premise anyway.

But anyway, overall, I loved this article! Yet more J/T confirmation! And that is never a bad thing!

I'm glad that you have taken a more positive view of it than I have - and it is great that it has been acknowledged that there is something between them. I probably need to read it again - I'm having a bad day and probably let it cloud my judgement.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
              thanks Cyn...

You know the whole feelings thing
              Spoiler:
              I wouldn't mind if the convo is about telling the marine we heard about earlier in the season about her feelings *ducks the rotten tomatoes*....I'd be happy with that, cause just to have some sort of episode/scene that Teyla is having a girl/girl chat about a guy and to actually KNOW she had feeling for a guys is way better than having them slam Shep and Teyla together, and have ppl go, oh she doesn't fit him, cause she doesn't have any sexuality and has never been show as being attracted to anyone. Urgh, did that make sense?...Anyway, If it's shep, then i'm all for that too...*lol*.

Now we hear it's a girl...are we talking an athosian or one of the earth's crew. I'm hoping for maybe an athosian, they need to bring in some athosian influence cause it's very lacking...
              Hi Witchy! I hope you feel better soon!

I sort of agree with you!

Spoiler:
              I don't think this particular conversation is meant to be about someone else, but I also don't think it doesn't mean it can't happen. I don't know if I can explain this very well, I suppose it's more just of a feeling. They so far haven't really shown Teyla having interest in someone else. And at the last Con when someone asked if we would see anything more with Teyla and the marine, Joe was completely blank and lost, they had to remind im about that comment at the end of McKay and Mrs. Miller and he was like, "OH, right!" He had completely forgotten about it. Somehow, I don't think that would have been the case, if they had already planned to use it, like say, in this scene. But Joe did say that you never know, that the writers plant seeds like that all the time in case they decide to go back to it later. And Rachel has also said she is pushing for her character to have a love interest. And because these writers seem to afraid to try fulfillment, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we someday got a temporary love interest for Teyla, spanning over one or two episodes. While I'm not thrilled at the idea and personally would rather just not see it, it's not unbelievable to think it would happen from Teyla's perspective, if she gets frustrated at having her feelings unresolved and tries to find someone else...but of course it eventually doesn't work out for whatever reason... That has been done in many a plot. And like Witchy said, it would also serve the purpose of showing Teyla as a desirable and sexy woman. (Although how that could ever be in doubt is BEYOND me! That woman is gorgeous and just exudes sexuality!) So I agree it could definitely have mulitple purposes. But overall, I'd still rather just not see it, LOL! But I wouldn't be surprised if we did someday with the ultimate result bringing that much more awareness between John and Teyla. As I said, a comment plot device in many a SciFi show.
              So I guess what I'm trying to say in my rambling is I don't think this conversation is meant to be about anyone else other than John. I think the idea is that right now, we are establishing more her feelings and that we could eventually see those feelings lead to frustration and in turn maybe even see her turn to someone else for a while, all in a way to stall and eventually build up the tension and acknowledgment between John and Teyla.

And I do not believe for one moment this is the writer's plot device for the episode Sunday. I don't believe the writers have ever intended for there to be sexual tension between John and Elizabeth. I think the intended tension for Elizabeth in Sunday is more about her fears and tensions that she cannot be involved with a subordinate and therefore, pretty much anyone on the base more than about her being frustrated and turning to someone else. Hers is a different lesson to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by mishy91 View Post
                I've been gone for a while b/c of school and projects, luckily still have some time to check the latest news.

Anyways, I was wondering when Sunday was gunna air, I thought it was gunna air 2 weeks ago, and reading that interview has gotten me more excited to watch it! Well hear what happens, b/c I live in the U.S.

Spoiler:
                I don't think its gunna Ronan they talks about. They said that their relationship was like brother and sister. The only guy Teyla has shown any romantic interest is Shep. I wouldnt mind if its some hot marine, as long teyla and shep are together in the end.

B/c Teyla needs some love, just like Weir!

Mishy
                Teyla needs some love, absolutely. I got an episode order from wikipedia, which knew Toa of Rodney and the Game would air after Irresponsible, so I'm sticking with them. January 8 should be the Ark, then Sunday, Submersion, Vengeance, and First Strike. As far as Teyla and others guys, and Teyla and John ...
                Spoiler:
                can anyone who was around the forum during Conversion tell me how the kiss was received by on-line fans? I'd heard about it long before I saw it. Conversion was an ep that I missed first run and had to see on DVD. If it was causing contraversy as recently as a few weeks ago, was it lively around here last year? I heard Joe say people don't know what they want and thought about it much later, when I was trying to make sense of the Irresponsible reaction. If the PTB don't understand the Irresponsible reaction, is it possible they don't know why on-line fans are conflicted about the Conversion kiss, and that the conflict has way more to do with the way the kiss was filmed than the fact that "it happened"? I wasn't around then, so I'm looking forward to any and all comments!
                Thanks again, LC. You made me blush.

Comment

I'm glad that you have taken a more positive view of it than I have - and it is great that it has been acknowledged that there is something between them. I probably need to read it again - I'm having a bad day and probably let it cloud my judgement.
                  Oh, I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day! *Hugs!*

John, "Did you hear? Blue isn't having a good day." Teyla, "Well then, We must do something."

John, leaning in suggestively, tenderly. "Hmm. What did you have in mind?"

Teyla, "That is not a hard one to figure out."

LOL! Hope your day gets better!

Steph

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                    Teyla needs some love, absolutely. I got an episode order from wikipedia, which knew Toa of Rodney and the Game would air after Irresponsible, so I'm sticking with them. January 8 should be the Ark, then Sunday, Submersion, Vengeance, and First Strike. As far as Teyla and others guys, and Teyla and John ...
                    Spoiler:
                    can anyone who was around the forum during Conversion tell me how the kiss was received by on-line fans? I'd heard about it long before I saw it. Conversion was an ep that I missed first run and had to see on DVD. If it was causing contraversy as recently as a few weeks ago, was it lively around here last year? I heard Joe say people don't know what they want and thought about it much later, when I was trying to make sense of the Irresponsible reaction. If the PTB don't understand the Irresponsible reaction, is it possible they don't know why on-line fans are conflicted about the Conversion kiss, and that the conflict has way more to do with the way the kiss was filmed than the fact that "it happened"? I wasn't around then, so I'm looking forward to any and all comments!

I wasn't around when Conversion aired but I did look back through the forum and read a lot of posts on it. The majority of non ship fans seemed to think it was pretty hot and didn't seem to comment on it much more than that. Then we got the accusations about it being an assualt - guess where most of those accusations came from - so the debate got a bit lively. I watched the ep before I even came to this board with a bunch of friends who are NOT shippers of any kind- I wasn't even back then - but we all thought it was hot and it never ONCE entered our heads that it was any kind of assault. So when I came on here I have to say that I was a bit flabergasted - but I still believe a lot of the outrage was because it wasn't the person they wanted Shep to be kissing.
                    Last edited by bluealien; 27 December 2006, 11:45 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      The controversy was over how it was filmed.

Spoiler:
                      Some saw it as an attack and disgraceful and some saw it as the lustful kiss that I believe it was meant to be. I think the producers understand this controversy as well, from the comments in the commentary and the few articles it's been mentioned in. They talk about how they filmed several takes, each with different intent, and the way it was edited, some of that confusion came across on screen. They also talk about how it was never intended to be an attack at all. I think that based upon the response we've seen in Conversion and especially now in Irresponsible and Irresistable, they are learning anything even remotely hinting at sexual attack is a sensitive topic.

Comment

I wasn't around when Conversion aired but I did look back through the forum and read a lot of posts on it. The majority of non ship fans seemed to think it was pretty hot and didn't seem to comment on it much more than that. Then we got the accusations about it being an assualt - guess where most of those accusations came from - so the debate got a bit lively. I watched the ep before I even came to this board with a bunch of friends who are NOT shippers of any kind- I wasn't even back then - but we all thought it was hot and is never ONCE entered our heads that it was any kind of assualt. So when I came on there I have to say that I was a bit flabergasted - but I still believe a lot of the outrage was because it wasn't the person they wanted Shep to be kissing.

Agree Blue, regardless of the controversy over the intent in filming style, most did think it was hot. So I believe TPTB had no trouble understanding the reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Oh i totally agree, far better if it were an Athosian. And also, i would say that if it is to be an Athosian and not someone from Earth, then it is more likely to be John that Teyla is referring to.

From how i've taken the summaries of the article, thanks Cyn & LC by the way, it certainly could've been more encouraging than it turned out to be.

Definetely need to tone down my expectations for Sunday, The Ark and what is to follow in S3/early S4, at least for now. Enough with all this ambiguity and hesitation and damned dithering, it does no good for anyone IMO. Not after this amount of time.

Chapter 12 of Trials of Faith is now up. Skimmed the first few sentences and it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Oh i totally agree, far better if it were an Athosian. And also, i would say that if it is to be an Athosian and not someone from Earth, then it is more likely to be John that Teyla is referring to.

From how i've taken the summaries of the article, thanks Cyn & LC by the way, it certainly could've been more encouraging than it turned out to be.

Definetely need to tone down my expectations for Sunday, The Ark and what is to follow in S3/early S4, at least for now. Enough with all this ambiguity and hesitation and damned dithering, it does no good for anyone IMO. Not after this amount of time.

Chapter 12 of Trials of Faith is now up. Skimmed the first few sentences and it looks good.
                            Oh yeah! Completely forgot to comment on who "the girl" is! I totally agree with both of you!

Spoiler:
                            I too hope and even assume it will be an Athosian. If it was an earth woman we know, like say Kate, then I think she would have used her by name, not said "some girl." The way she said it, it sounds like the girl isn't a recurring character or doesn't have a name. So I'm assuming and hoping that means an Athosian woman.
                            One other thing, I wish they would give us confirmation of where the Athosians are at now! Did they stay where the Ancients moved them to in Return Part 1 or did they move back to the mainland? I liked having them close by on the mainland, although I suppose it wouldn't make much sense for them to move back. Especially since it's mentioned they have their own gate. It's easier for Teyla to visit or for one of them to visit her. I just loved John having to drive her to the mainland for her visits and will miss that. LOL!

Comment

Conversion was the episode that got me into a J/T shipper. During that time I didnt really like stargate atlantis b/c I still like SG1, but I started watching it and noticed that there was something going on between shep and teyla, so did my whole family.
                              When he kissed her, I was in complete utter shock. I had no idea that would happen cuz I didnt go online to check it out and I never thought that the writers would actually do it!

And I was really shocked to find out that some people thought of it as attempted rape or an attack, but then I wasnt surprised to find out that the people saying it wanted shep or teyla with different people

Mishy

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                                Hi Witchy! I hope you feel better soon!

I sort of agree with you!

Spoiler:
                                I don't think this particular conversation is meant to be about someone else, but I also don't think it doesn't mean it can't happen. I don't know if I can explain this very well, I suppose it's more just of a feeling. They so far haven't really shown Teyla having interest in someone else. And at the last Con when someone asked if we would see anything more with Teyla and the marine, Joe was completely blank and lost, they had to remind im about that comment at the end of McKay and Mrs. Miller and he was like, "OH, right!" He had completely forgotten about it. Somehow, I don't think that would have been the case, if they had already planned to use it, like say, in this scene. But Joe did say that you never know, that the writers plant seeds like that all the time in case they decide to go back to it later. And Rachel has also said she is pushing for her character to have a love interest. And because these writers seem to afraid to try fulfillment, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we someday got a temporary love interest for Teyla, spanning over one or two episodes. While I'm not thrilled at the idea and personally would rather just not see it, it's not unbelievable to think it would happen from Teyla's perspective, if she gets frustrated at having her feelings unresolved and tries to find someone else...but of course it eventually doesn't work out for whatever reason... That has been done in many a plot. And like Witchy said, it would also serve the purpose of showing Teyla as a desirable and sexy woman. (Although how that could ever be in doubt is BEYOND me! That woman is gorgeous and just exudes sexuality!) So I agree it could definitely have mulitple purposes. But overall, I'd still rather just not see it, LOL! But I wouldn't be surprised if we did someday with the ultimate result bringing that much more awareness between John and Teyla. As I said, a comment plot device in many a SciFi show.
                                So I guess what I'm trying to say in my rambling is I don't think this conversation is meant to be about anyone else other than John. I think the idea is that right now, we are establishing more her feelings and that we could eventually see those feelings lead to frustration and in turn maybe even see her turn to someone else for a while, all in a way to stall and eventually build up the tension and acknowledgment between John and Teyla.

And I do not believe for one moment this is the writer's plot device for the episode Sunday. I don't believe the writers have ever intended for there to be sexual tension between John and Elizabeth. I think the intended tension for Elizabeth in Sunday is more about her fears and tensions that she cannot be involved with a subordinate and therefore, pretty much anyone on the base more than about her being frustrated and turning to someone else. Hers is a different lesson to learn.
                                I hear you!...
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm just making sure i don't get too excited...*lol*...but then again as you said we never know with TPTB...they seesaw everything....

Personally I never got S/W...ok in the first part of Rising, (sorry I make up my mind very quickly on pairing)...they did have some nice cuts between them, and then when she held up the champagne or him waving back...but that wasn't tension, that turned out to be just them being themselves...Liz was excited and John just naturally is nice...And then the scene with Teyla in the tent, and cave, that was put the final nail in the s/w coffin for me.

But from what i've read on 'sunday' i think the tension with the new guy is going to be interesting and much better than anything anyone has imagined with s/w, a definite step up for her.

ok here's another random thought

Spoiler:
                                ok so Rachel said they leave it hanging right?...Could it be that we never find out who it is, but that they just cut in with them talking about 'the him', and we never get to hear his name...cause i can see that happening...and that would definitely send all the shippers wild...

ahhh...conversion...*dreams*...those sure we fun times...
                                all i got to say was it was hot...ok the choppiness wasn't great, cause i just watched some of my vids with the kiss and i get a bit ticked at the fact that in shot one, he's holding her neck/head area, shot two he's holding her arms, with her hands maybe at his chest, then we've got that scene where you see her hands far from his shoulders and raised....the best way to watch the kiss scene was on fast forward, were all the flip backs just blur.

But anyway, I loved the kiss, there's so much controversy over it, that I think it's probably just as famous as the Mckay/Beckett kiss...*lol*....Anyway, on the whole, the comments on it being an assault on Teyla came from some very twisted minds, cause seriously in the context, and from what we knew about their sparring, it made sense for it to be passionate and not violent.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Working...
                                X