John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien
    Well I doubt we will see John and Teyla as a couple in season 3. We may get them interacting a bit more and maybe a realization of just how much they do mean to each other. This could happen due to one of them being injured and maybe will act as a wake up call.

Even if John has feelings for Teyla he has no idea how she feels about him and therefore I have no problem with him enjoying some attention from other woman. Thats why season 2 didn't bother me in the slightest. John isn't attached to anyone and the fact that he recipicated to a few woman who mostly came on to him isn't a problem for me.

Spoiler:
    But if John is faced with an injured Teyla or the possibility of loosing her then that may bring all his surpressed feelings for her to the surface causing him to confess how he really feels. He may not be even sure of his own feelings and again maybe he only realises how much he does care for her when faced with her loss.

I think John and Telya became closer in season two and Conversion may have confused both of them but doesn't mean that they cannot continue to build on the trust and friendship that has been developing between them. I hope to see their friendship continue in season three and I think once John does come to the realization of how much Teyla means to him we won't see him interested in anyone else and he will only have eyes for Teyla.

This doesn't mean that they are going to leap into a relationship. I think even if they do make their feelings known to each other they will still take things slowly.
    Yes, yes, and yes. I completely agree!

Steph
    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
      Ooops... sorry... I just saw it on Convergence under the new category... sorry for any confusion. Guess thats old news.

And either way... I watch the show cause I love it, regardless of the ship... though squeeing is fun!

Oh, no, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to imply it was a bad thing or old news! I LOVE that JF interview! THANK YOU for reminding us of it!

Steph

Comment

I liked "Sanctuary". I liked John's awkwardness when he told Chaya he'd never been around a woman from another planet. He was so sweet. I think, in S1, especially, that everything seemed so weird for him. I mean, one day he's in Antarctica, and soon he's fighting 'life-sucking aliens' in Pegasus. He'd only just found out the SGC existed.

Perhaps Chaya was attracted to John not only for his looks and charms, but perhaps she sensed his Ancient gene as well?

As far as the spoilers go, I will squee when I see it. That's not to say I am not pleased or intrigued by these spoilers, but I am saving my relishment for the actual seeing it. Spoilers get iffy for me, because if I think too much on them, and what comes to fruition on-screen differs from the spoilers, then I'll be too caught up in what was supposed to happen and not what actually happened and inevitably enjoy it less. This does not stop me from reading the spoilers, though, lol!
        Sig by Camy

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
          That's a very plausible explanation... and then we won't see more on it from then. I'm all for a slow build-up of their relationship... but I see ship in a friendly smile or a note of concern in either of their voices. So all they'd have to do is be friends and I'd be happy... as for ship... give it time... I want Atlantis to last for a long time... and on new episodes... *jumps up and down* Need STARGATE!!!
          Well said!!

Steph

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
            Apparantly I've been living under a rock I've heard that
            Spoiler:
            Teyla confesses her feelings for someone in Sunday (coming from RL's comments at LFCC) but not that John did too. Where did that come from?
            Rumors about John showing his true feelings to the audience came out a few months ago. (I apologize, I can't remember the source). Rumors now about Teyla showing her feelings came out recently, around the same time as Sunday.
            At this point though, as we all know, they're just rumors though, so hard to know what will actually happen! I'm just enjoying speculating about possibilities and will enjoy the ride once it starts up again!

Steph

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
              Rumors about John showing his true feelings to the audience came out a few months ago. (I apologize, I can't remember the source). Rumors now about Teyla showing her feelings came out recently, around the same time as Sunday.

Steph
              IIRC, the 'John's feelings will become known' spoiler came from a different J/T site. I think it was that the audience who know who John had feelings for, but the object of his affection would not, and I think the source was setside. I will e-mail someone to clarify, though.
              Sig by Camy

Comment

I don't know how to make a spoiler button (side note, can someone please tell me how?) Steph

To hide something behind a spoiler tag you just click on the last square white box at the top with the exclamation mark in it, and type between the spoilers.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gigajules
                  Most folks don't give "Sanctuary" nearly the credit it deserves. The most interesting bit (to me, anyhow) has less to do with kissing than with the fact that a woman who can see straight through people found John so appealing. Anyone can look at him and tell that he's good-looking and charming and ridiculously charismatic, but Chaya's one of those holier-than-thou ascended sorts (though obviously less uptight than most) and I like to think that somehow her choice had at least marginally more to it than "wow, he's hot and I am way past horny". (Not that that wouldn't totally work for me, personally.)

Also very groovy is the way John responds to her. If you look at him when she first gives him the eye, he looks a little surprised. I half-expected him to turn and glance over his shoulder to see who she was really smiling at. The pacing around and grinning like an idiot and admitting how strange the situation is before he actually kisses Chaya was a very cool character moment. It says a lot about his sense of wonder at what he's gotten himself into, and though we already know by then that he's a bit of a big kid, the whole "and dude, I get to kiss pretty girls!" moment is fantastic. It's a very sincere moment, and a good look at the real John. At least I think so, because if he was full of crap, she'd know, right? (But again, look at him. He could be more full of crap than a butt factory and I'd still...um, yeah. Moving on. )

The bit in the hallway with Teyla says a lot, too. He looks like he got busted by his folks trying to climb out the window for a late date. He's got this kind of "I know I'm full of crap, you know I'm full of crap, I'm just practicing making an ass out of myself because I'm probably going to do it again any minute" sort of vibe and it's hilarious. Teyla's very sweet to him, right there, which says a lot. For instance "Yes, I know you're a great big doofus, but it's okay, I dig you, anyway".

Character stuff aside, it's also another of many episodes that shows Our Heroes that while they might find what they're looking for, they can't always have it. They stumble onto a Wraith-free planet and an ascended Ancient and it still does them no good. Okay, well, maybe it did Shep a little good.

I absolutely love how well you said this. I completely agree with everything you said and only wish I could express it half as well! Thank you for sharing!

Steph

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien
                    To hide something behind a spoiler tag you just click on the last square white box at the top with the exclamation mark in it, and type between the spoilers.
                    Thank you!! I've always wondered how to do that. Thanks for helping out the newbie.

Steph

Comment

Thank you!! I've always wondered how to do that. Thanks for helping out the newbie.

Steph
                      Your welcome.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                        Uh, what a man!

Now that's something we can all definitely agree on! LOL! What a man, indeed. Teyla is one lucky girl.

Steph

Comment

majortrip wrote...I liked "Sanctuary". I liked John's awkwardness when he told Chaya he'd never been around a woman from another planet. He was so sweet. I think, in S1, especially, that everything seemed so weird for him. I mean, one day he's in Antarctica, and soon he's fighting 'life-sucking aliens' in Pegasus. He'd only just found out the SGC existed.

Perhaps Chaya was attracted to John not only for his looks and charms, but perhaps she sensed his Ancient gene as well?
                          *slap*

STOP IT! Snap out of it! The man's a flirt! There's no if's and but's about it! ROFLMAO!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                            *slap*

STOP IT! Snap out of it! The man's a flirt! There's no if's and but's about it! ROFLMAO!
                            Ow! My cheek!

*slaps back*

Girl, you better step back. ROFLMAO, too!

Seriously, Camy, you know my thoughts on the 'kirking' (I hate that word). It doesn't bother me...because I know where the man's heart is.
                            Sig by Camy

Comment

*ducks, swings, and misses...twirls in the process and falls flat on my a** rolling on the floor laughing!*

I do know...and you know that I kind of agree with you...

Kirking or not....the man is IRRESISTIBLE! and Teyla knows it! Amazing...he had to come to another galaxy for others to see it...and Teyla must have been the first! at least the one he targeted as well....LOL..

in any case....I hope we do see less of it and better writing of the characters with more consistency..and that includes Teyla!
                              sigpic

Comment

I almost agree with you here! I too much prefer to see a continued build-up before anything major happens between them, and if any of the spoilers are to be believed, it seems the writers agree. (Yay!) I loved your thoughts on Conversion and how they've so far shown they aren't quite ready to deal with those feelings yet. I completely agree! But I don't think it would be inplausible for them to get together in season three, if that were to happen, as we have seen they do have feelings for each other. I personally felt those feelings were continued in season two, not harmed. I don't agree with the term "kirking" being used for John in season two, so that's probably why I don't have a problem if they were to get together quickly, although as I already said, I do think it will be slow and gradual, which is my first preference.

Steph
                                Let me make a couple of clarifications:

We agree more than you realize. I, in no way, consider John’s flirting in season two as Kirking. I only stated that some people called it that. The only times that it irritated me were when it didn’t help the storyline. Other than that, John’s made no commitment to anyone, so he’s free to do what he pleases. So we're nearly eye to eye. I'd still like a slow build up to the realationship, but if they throw them together and make it work, I can live with that as well.

As for Teyla’s love interest, I guess you can say I have a different interpretation of what that means. It can be Teyla being interested in someone, or someone being interested with Teyla. With that said:

Spoiler:
                                Teyla in love with Michael? Oh, hell no! Michael in love with Teyla? That I can see, especially after he turns human again. Teyla has a lot of compassion for Michael. I think she feels duty bound to help him adjust to his new life as a human, but she will keep her distance after his betrayal. I don’t know why I think it’s Michael. I’ve never read/heard anything that said it would be. BUT, I remember the look on John’s face when she told the others that Michael remembered her and when she showed Michael around his new quarters. John didn’t like it. Not one bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X