Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEOI Great pics.

I still haven't seen "Rage of the Yeti". It hasn't aired in Canada yet. Morlocks has aired twice (watched it both times). Sometimes I just don't get how the stations pick their movies.

I think it is funny that whenever David writes stuff for him & Kate, he writes himself as getting picked on by her.
    sigpic
    Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Geoi McKay View Post
      Hehe, thanks.

I loved this character too. Mills was so awesome! He should have his own TV show, for realz!
      Agree about that. Mills is really awesome!

[SIGPIC][URL="http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/Nenyc/?action=view&current=Banner51.jpg"[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Heya, scarym! That's crazy that Space Channel hasn't shown RotY yet! I thought they aired things the same day as Syfy. It's not a terrible monster movie at all. I think David did a good job directing. I think it would have been even better had he been involved with the editing.

Nenyc, I wonder if David wore his own clothes in that. He looks so, Davidy.

sigpic
        "It's all in the Algorithm." -Rodney McKay

Comment

^ Yeah... Well, maybe. He was the director. I believe he could to do that.

[SIGPIC][URL="http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/Nenyc/?action=view&current=Banner51.jpg"[/SIGPIC]

Comment

Awww. ^ Makes my little fangirl heart go pitter-patter. Hehe.

sigpic

Comment

How can he ever complain about his hair?

He is a real sweetheart in RotY.

Comment

I know, right? Craziness. I love his hair. And yeah, I loved him in Rage, he was definitely the best part of the movie. I wish there was more of him in it though.

The guy who directed Morlocks is like a madman with the hand-held and the steadycam. The camera is always moving so much.

Oh, okay, so I read up on Jensen and Jared. Turns out their both Texans, which I didn't know, but should have because they just SEEM so Texan. Also, Jared is from San Antonio! His mum teaches at Central High! Local boy done good.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi!

I'm a total Hewlett fangirl. Love, love, LOVE all the screen caps you guys have posted! Can't help myself from checking out what you guys have posted from time to time. I have no idea how you do that, but I like it!

So, I've been thinking for months how McKay would make a great Mr. Darcy in a modern/Atlantis Pride and Prejudice type story so after a lot of thought and a desire to return to some of my early writing roots I decided to write one myself. I mean no one can do broody/moody/angst like Hewlett, right? (Hello? Seen Darklight--the hallways scene--be still my fluttering heart!)

I have a beta who is completely focused on spelling and grammar and doesn't comment on content. She's not a Hewlett fangirl (How does that happen?) and she is very terse. Very, very terse. Terse is an understatement.

So, I'm looking for someone to read through the fic and comment on content before I post it live.

It's novel length, so it's a small commitment, but it is the internet after all, so you can always ignore me if you decide you hate it after chapter 3, right?

The story is obviously alternate universe but the storyline revolves around canon season 3 (my favorite season). The original character is Dr. Emily Freedman, a brilliant linguist/archeologist, that is shy, nerdy and struggles to be serious and professional, but always ends up looking like a nutty professor. She has secrets. There is some action/adventure but it is mostly character driven angst/romance. I followed the 8 traditional tenants of romantic fiction as I wrote it. Oh, and the role of Wickam (sp?) will be played by both Beckett and Jackson, hee, hee!

Why did I write a novel-length fic? Well, I wanted to practice writing a novel with something that would be no-pressure to publish. I wanted to get a sense of my writing style/habits/perseverance. I have 2 little kids. I didn't know if I had the time. Now I know I can do it, I will be moving on to creating my own universes and working on something for publication.

Anyway, I hope someone will be interested. Here is a snippet of McKay/Freedman's second encounter:

"It's Freedman," she said, feeling her face flush and a little heat seeping into her voice.

"Hm?" he murmured distractedly.

"My name is Freedman, Dr. McKay," she said, perhaps louder than she intended.

McKay's eyes finally came to rest on her, seemingly for the first time. *He looked her up and down appraisingly, not distracted for the moment. *"Yes?" he demanded.

Emily sighed and refrained from reminding him that her face was at the top of her body, not under her blue science uniform shirt. *"I'm returning Walters."

"Yes, I heard that," he said flatly, his attention returning to the computer screen.

"A team, then? *A programmer?"

McKay rolled his eyes. *"We're busy. *It's hard to spare anyone."

She was going to have to be firmer. *She tried to control her voice so she wouldn't sound angry. *"Dr. McKay, we would all benefit from better translation in our work."

"I already wrote perfectly adequate translation software." *He waved his hand dismissively, starting to turn away.

She blocked him and strove to appeal to him intellectually, "Yes. *It's serviceable. *It's adequate for rough translations but completely misses the nuances of the Ancient language and could miss some vital details that could create serious problems for anyone using it when accuracy is imperative. What I want to create is very sophisticated and will be far more accurate. *I'm talking about preventing accidents here, Dr. McKay. *I'm talking about bringing the database to life--making it useful for everyone." *

He was starting to walk away but she planted herself in front of him, consciously thwarting him, her voice growing louder, though she continued to try to rein in her tone, "I'm certain you will see the value in that once you give me an opportunity to show you. *If you could take a moment to come down to my lab, I can quickly show you what we have so far. *And if you could give me a small team to work with for a few hours a day, I can start releasing some of the artifacts to your lab for testing and experimentation."

"Yes, well, that would be good, wouldn't it?" *He shot her a sarcastic glare. *"I wasn't very happy when Weir made me set those aside. *I mean, you aren't really a scientist, are you?"

"Excuse me?" *She was shocked that he would say such a thing.

"Come on, Dr. Freedman. *You studied art, architecture, history, languages, right? *You're just a glorified linguist who likes to dig up dusty, old, primitive stuff. *Ancient Egypt is hardly applicable here. *You don't have anything of value to contribute." *He was gesturing dismissively again.

Thanks for looking!

Jen

socknitster AT gmail DOT com
                  Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

I don't know why there are asterisks all over my post--sorry!

I use a plain text app on my ipad to write, there shouldn't be anything added to the copy/paste!
                    Free Stargate ebook. Futura Memoratia. Propelled by mysterious device--a talented linguist travels to Atlantis seeking answers #McKay #alternate universe #romance http://bit.ly/PPFU6c

Comment

I know, right? Craziness. I love his hair. And yeah, I loved him in Rage, he was definitely the best part of the movie. I wish there was more of him in it though.
                      I agree about everything.

Oh, okay, so I read up on Jensen and Jared. Turns out their both Texans, which I didn't know, but should have because they just SEEM so Texan. Also, Jared is from San Antonio! His mum teaches at Central High! Local boy done good.
                      I've read this a long ago. Well, all except for Jared's mother.

Oh, and great job, Socknitster!

Comment

Nice work, Socknitster

Nenyc, Great caps! I love each and every one of them! New caps are such a treat, aren't they?

sigpic

Comment

^ Definitely! And I'm glad you like them.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

^ Lovely!

I watched The Triangle last night on SyFy with my dad. When it was on TV, why not.
                              Oh, and now I have Atlantis on three different channels: season 1 on Happy, season 3 on SyFy and season 5 on AXN. Can't complain at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nenyc View Post
                                I watched The Triangle last night on SyFy with my dad. When it was on TV, why not.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X