No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Blue is the colour of Geeks everywhere... Blue/Turquoise are my fave colours and I'm a Geek

(Though apparently I'm not a *real* Geek cos I can't have caffeine... *sobs in corner*...)
    sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonsKitty View Post
      I think Blue is the colour of Geeks everywhere... Blue/Turquoise are my fave colours and I'm a Geek

(Though apparently I'm not a *real* Geek cos I can't have caffeine... *sobs in corner*...)
      Awww! Poor Kitty...

Never mind, coffee is over-rated. See - even Rodney has to do without sometimes:
      Last edited by Alder; 07 July 2009, 06:34 AM.

Comment

But Rodney without Coffee gets you *this*

Spoiler:

No Coffee?

NO COFFEE?!

Get Me Coffee...

Get me the coffee... Now
        sig by me

Comment

You make me chuckle, young Kitten...

So here's a picture of McKay after coffee:

Much happier...
          Last edited by Alder; 07 July 2009, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Aaaand after too *much* coffee...

Spoiler:
            sig by me

Comment

*giggles @ all the coffee / non-coffee pics*

Ok, since it was mentioned, I've always wondered, what defines a "geek" really? I didn't know drinking coffee was a necessary part of it. Sometimes it seems anybody with a brain is called "geek" by... anybody without a brain...

Comment

Get Down pics. Lots of whumping ahead.

Part One

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                  Get Down pics. Lots of whumping ahead.
                  Awww...

I wonder if I could even stand watching this movie, it looks like the kind of movie that would make me angry and frustrated, and want to just jump into the TV and kick their sorry @§§es for being mean to him! ( Not that I'd be physically capable of it, of course! )

But I really don't get it; did he sort of semi-deserve what he's getting, or are they just being bullies?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                    Awww...

I wonder if I could even stand watching this movie, it looks like the kind of movie that would make me angry and frustrated, and want to just jump into the TV and kick their sorry @§§es for being mean to him! ( Not that I'd be physically capable of it, of course! )

But I really don't get it; did he sort of semi-deserve what he's getting, or are they just being bullies?
                    Yeah, I want to kick their butts, too.
                    They're bullies. He was willing to apologize for hitting one of them, even get out of the trree to do it, but he realized they were going to beat him once he climbed down, so he stayed up there. They're trying to get him anyway.

Part Two

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I see blood..! *climbs tree with band-aids*

Ok, I've just figured out how to change regions on my DVD-player, and I need a region 1 movie to test it. Any suggestions?

Comment

When at Uni I studied Animation and Special Effects... now you're think that would be entirely 'geeks'... but here's how the course broke down (as discussed on the class forum) Spoilered for being O/T

Spoiler:
                        Geeks: Intelligent, nit-picky/perfectionist, works on projects for long periods surviving off coffee (or in my case green tea ) and pretty much never sleeping. Also likes to know 'why' things happen, not just 'how' and know a whole lot of trivia... also have good hygiene and some people skills. Also into movies and videogames...

Nerds: Same as above but poorer personal hygiene and people skills.

Gamers: All about the games, clothes covered in game logos, not as hard working as the geeks.

Slackers: These guys normally suck up to the Geeks in the hopes that the Geeks will do all their work, these are the most Social Minded of the course and will use the powers of 'Friendship' and 'Popularity' to lure the Geeks and Nerds into their traps.

Hope you like
                        Last edited by CarsonsKitty; 23 June 2009, 06:56 AM.
                        sig by me

Comment

Part Three

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Interesting... I don't really fit into any of those. Guess I'm just a sci-fi/fantasy fan, a dreamer, and socially unskilled due to lack of self-confidence.[/talkaboutme]

Comment

Lovely thunky whumpy pics Raven!
                              Finally picked this icon, his eyes are so beautiful! My number one favourite is actually the one Varda uses, but since she's so active in these threads I felt it was... you know, like when two women end up wearing the same dress at a party... feeling like a copy-cat.
                              I like it 'cos he's really whumped and that's what I do Copying's okay though as I only post about once a day and mainly in the whump thread
                              Custom avatars, yes... *sighs* If we'd been rewarded according to word count instead of post count, I might have had a chance... I have a tendency to write few, but long, posts...
                              I estimate about another 3 months before I get mine. Post post post... sleep
                              But Rodney without Coffee gets you *this*

I actually thought it was a shade of grey whether he deserved it or not.
                              When at Uni I studied Animation and Special Effects... now you're think that would be entirely 'geeks'... but here's how the course broke down (as discussed on the class forum) Spoilered for being O/T

Spoiler:
                              Geeks: Intelligent, nit-picky/perfectionist, works on projects for long periods surviving off coffee (or in my case green tea ) and pretty much never sleeping. Also likes to know 'why' things happen, not just 'how' and know a whole lot of trivia... also have good hygiene and some people skills. Also into movies and videogames...

Nerds: Same as above but poorer personal hygiene and people skills.

Gamers: All about the games, clothes covered in game logos, not as hard working as the geeks.

Slackers: These guys normally suck up to the Geeks in the hopes that the Geeks will do all their work, these are the most Social Minded of the course and will use the powers of 'Friendship' and 'Popularity' to lure the Geeks and Nerds into their traps.

Hope you like
                              That was great! (x Varda x is a hardcore geek ) Although you didn't mention 'writes fanfic' in there
                              Interesting... I don't really fit into any of those. Guess I'm just a sci-fi/fantasy fan, a dreamer, and socially unskilled due to lack of self-confidence.[/talkaboutme]
                              My people skills are from necessity in my job rather than choice. The moment 5pm goes past, I'm back in the shell again
                              McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                                I like it 'cos he's really whumped and that's what I do Copying's okay though as I only post about once a day and mainly in the whump thread
                                I estimate about another 3 months before I get mine. Post post post... sleep
                                Yeah, me too! Though only in my head so far. Head injuries are nice because of the pain, dizziness, weakness and general confusion. They totally need somebody to look after them. *drifts off in dreams about taking care of Rodney after "Grace Under Pressure"* Argh, wrong thread!

Tell you what, when you get your custom avatar, I'll change to the one you're currently using..!

Comment

Working...
                                X