• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elisa, hellooo!

Uhm... more avatars

The rest are here

There are quite a lot of whump and ship ones today

I sleep now *collapse*
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      More icons.
      MORE!! Nice Thanks RiG!

And the, ah, two I made last night.
      Spoiler:
      Ah..yes...nice view

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
      Elisa, hellooo!
      Hi Varda!!!

[Uhm... more avatars

The rest are here
      Icons!! Off to see the rest!! Thanks Varda!

I sleep now *collapse*
      Aww...already!! Alright....good night Varda!! Sleep tight and many dreams of Rodney whumping!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
        the baby will be named Rodney or Mere?
        Erm... it's Mer. No "e".

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
        WOW!! Really great icons RiG!!! I have snurched several!! Well done and thanks!
        Thank you and you're welcome!

I work in a hospital lab, today we received a new analyzer in my department. I had been trying to get the darn thing for 3 yrs...finally we get it! The company's field engineer installed it and then turns around and asks me want we plan to name it! Name it...why? Anyway, they need a name so I said Rodney!! The great thing...she knew who I was talking about after I said McKay...small world!
        That's a great anecdote! Love the name. And she knew who you meant!

Elisa, hellooo!

Uhm... more avatars

The rest are here

I sleep now *collapse*
        Beautiful, those two... will check out the rest later.

EDIT: Where are my(our) ship icons? Huh?

MORE!! Nice Thanks RiG!
        Welcome. They're so much fun to make!

Ah..yes...nice view
        Knew you'd appreciate it. I could do more ...if you would like?
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

That's a great anecdote! Love the name. And she knew who you meant!
          Yes...she loves SGA! We spent the rest of the time going over our favorite episodes/moments...it was great!

Knew you'd appreciate it. I could do more ...if you would like?
          It does appear that you are having a great time making icons!
          More.....yes of course!

I wish the SGA movie would hurry up and get going!!!
          Hope someone is able to record the new episode of The Closner with DH...and cap his scenes. Just think....new pictures of DH!

sig by Varda

Comment

Random piccy.
            Spoiler:

Yes...she loves SGA! We spent the rest of the time going over our favorite episodes/moments...it was great!
            *sigh* I bet it was!

It does appear that you are having a great time making icons!
            More.....yes of course!
            I am having a great time!

Ok, here's another... ehem... icon.
            Spoiler:

I wish the SGA movie would hurry up and get going!!!
            Hope someone is able to record the new episode of The Closer with DH...and cap his scenes. Just think....new pictures of DH!
            The script for the SGA movie is written, right now they're calling it... Stargate Extinction Maybe now the show will get on the road, so to speak.

I have no means by which to record The Closer episode Walking Back the Cat... sorry. I have a dvd/vcr combo... if I had a blank tape I could tape it but would not be able to cap it, I have no means with which to do that and the DVD doesn't record. Meh.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

So cute!!!

I am having a great time!
              Spoiler:
              I'll say it again....so cute! Thanks!

The script for the SGA movie is written, right now they're calling it... Stargate Extinction Maybe now the show will get on the road, so to speak.
              Not sure about the title...sounds so...final! I just hope that JM did a great job with the script!

I have no means by which to record The Closer episode Walking Back the Cat... sorry. I have a dvd/vcr combo... if I had a blank tape I could tape it but would not be able to cap it, I have no means with which to do that and the DVD doesn't record. Meh.
              I can record...but alas...don't have a means of getting caps out of it! I'm sure someone will!! I'll be keeping a look out for them!

sig by Varda

Comment

Another random piccy.
                Spoiler:

So cute!!!
                Isn't it?

I'll say it again....so cute! Thanks!
                Welcome.

Not sure about the title...sounds so...final! I just hope that JM did a great job with the script!
                It does sound final I agree.

I can record...but alas...don't have a means of getting caps out of it! I'm sure someone will!! I'll be keeping a look out for them!
                So will I!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Hi Varda!!!
                  Hello again!
                  Icons!! Off to see the rest!! Thanks Varda!
                  S'okay I was too tired to write any fic
                  Aww...already!! Alright....good night Varda!! Sleep tight and many dreams of Rodney whumping!
                  Now I'm up Everyone's gone
                  Beautiful, those two... will check out the rest later.

EDIT: Where are my(our) ship icons? Huh?
                  I'm getting there... I opened up my Storm/Eye pic folder... and that was the whole evening gone
                  That they are! I find it therapeutic, staring at Rodney pictures all evening in Photoshop :
                  Keep em coming
                  http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...edding56-1.jpg
                  McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Hello again! S'okay I was too tired to write any fic Now I'm up Everyone's gone
                    I'm up - I went to bed early last night and apparently missed all the conversation

I love the idea of naming a machine Rodney! Thinks that she still hasn't named her tablet pc...

And I love all the icons too!

And iolanda, good luck for your sister!

Comment

Hi there! Back again and with lots of catching up to do.

But before I do that, I just want to ask how you people manage to make siggies that are sharp and pretty and still stay within the forum rules? I've already had to shrink mine to make it 700 pixels wide, but I just found out that it's too many ( kilobytes, whatever? ) big too, and I got the advice to lower the resolution. But I think it's fuzzy enough already and that would make it even worse, and yet people here have sharp sigs that don't get reported, so how do you do it? Any advice would be appreciated. I actually downloaded GIMP, but ended up using Paint anyway, because I didn't need ( feel the need to learn... ) all those fancy functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                        You're back! *huggles*

But before I do that, I just want to ask how you people manage to make siggies that are sharp and pretty and still stay within the forum rules? I've already had to shrink mine to make it 700 pixels wide, but I just found out that it's too many ( kilobytes, whatever? ) big too, and I got the advice to lower the resolution. But I think it's fuzzy enough already and that would make it even worse, and yet people here have sharp sigs that don't get reported, so how do you do it? Any advice would be appreciated. I actually downloaded GIMP, but ended up using Paint anyway, because I didn't need ( feel the need to learn... ) all those fancy functions.
                        What type of file are you saving them as? I save mine as .jpeg because they're quite small, but I think that if you're using Paint, it automatically tries to save things as .bmp, which are pretty large files. So that would probably be the first thing to check, imo.

I do recommend Paint.NET, it's free and very easy to use! It doesn't need very long fiddling with to find all the functions

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post

I use Photoshop but I got it as a student so was pretty cheap... I also save mine large and in top quality Jpeg as Photoshop lets you choose how much compression you use, I believe Gimp does too... (300 x 1000 pixels) and then use Photobucket to shrink it to 200 x whatever pixels... dunno if that helps at all, I also host mine on photobucket though so that kinda gets rid of the size restriction.
                          sig by me

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into that later! My brain doesn't seem like it wants to do something like that today, so I just Photobucket-shrunk it. I sure hope it's alright now, it says it's 43553 bytes.

I've been going through the thread now, and I just want to say thanks for all the lovely pics, and the icons/avatars ( is there a difference, or is it two words for the same thing? ) are beautiful too. They made me smile and laugh and go "awww", and added some pleasure to my Saturday.

And, you can add me to the ( very short! ) list of people who aren't in love with David. Actor crushes isn't really my thing ( I've only really had one in my life ) and the fact that he's married and has a little son would make it feel even more awkward to me. ( It's possible that it was Sean Bean's marriage that made me start losing interest in him, he was single when I discovered him. Not that he'd ever want me anyway, but for the purposes of fantasizing. ) He's gorgeous and a great actor, and seems like a wonderfully silly person, and I'd love to meet him at a convention. But Rodney's really the one I'm "in love" with. Since I tend to be obsessive about my passions, an actor crush isn't really the best thing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post

And iolanda, good luck for your sister!
                              Thank you! Franziska was born an hour ago, everything is fine I'll now drive up there but I need a gift for her first (she is born a week early).

Oh - and I'm neither in love with David nor Rodney. But I think David is an awesome actor and Rodney a really, really great character.
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Meh I'm not 'in love' with either Rodney the character or David the actor...

My favourite character in SGA is Rodney as to me he is probably the most realistic portrayal, I mean... if you went and found whoever *is* the smartest Astrophysicist and hauled them into the middle of Afghanistan for instance (since we don't have handy access to a hostile alien force) then you would probably get a very McKay like "What the heck? I'm a *scientist* for crying out loud, not *Rambo*..." reaction... but then again they would probably still be able to function and do their job/work on saving their own life... and incidently saving everyone around them (poetic licence here... imagine the problem is still at least in their area...).

I am amazed at the acting and writing that allowed Rodney to slowly become more outgoing and confident in his surroundings... and form a *family* with his team, not just a working relationship... And allowing him to show the lengths he will go to to save that family without losing what makes him 'McKay' (ego, a level of arrogance, the ability to panic *when safe to panic*)... that's another thing that was portrayed really well... panic when safe but get on and *do* something when needed.

Now... David... I respect his ability as an actor, pretty much everyone on Atlantis actually... He really makes you believe in Rodney, not as a character but as a person. He also does the same with the other characters I've seen him play (Cube, Cypher, Dogs Breakfast).

[edit] Awh welcome to the world for lil Franziska... I wub babies
                                sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X