Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
    Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
    Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrustMeIamADoctor View Post
      Well i guess all we have left for us to do, is to say:
      thank you for a wonderfull character and for five amazing years.
      Warning.. completely irrelevant post here.....
      I keep wondering where have i seen your name before....
      not many people have such names... where you playing Lineage 3-4 years ago?
      Spoiler:
      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
      (YEAR 0 - 100)
      "O thou Sun,
      send me as far over the earth
      as is my pleasure and thine,
      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
      but never hear anything of bad ones,
      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marli View Post
        yes a international group hug for the best sexy geek of two galaxies, we love you doctor mckay !

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
        Oh my poor little heart is aching at the thought of no more rodney. *cries*
        Mine too!
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Awesome piccy RiG! ^^

Here's mine-
          Spoiler:

Tehe,i took that last night ^^ SAVE SGA! I'm holding out my hope until the end! ^^

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

I read David's Twitter last night... made me very sad. And I'll admit, I did cry a lil'....I'm gonna miss My Rodney!

Comment

Originally posted by Eve04 View Post
              I read David's Twitter last night... made me very sad. And I'll admit, I did cry a lil'....I'm gonna miss My Rodney!
              *huggles* we are all gonna miss him. *tears*

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                Awesome piccy RiG! ^^

Here's mine-
                Spoiler:

Tehe,i took that last night ^^ SAVE SGA! I'm holding out my hope until the end! ^^

~Dani
                So am I!
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustMeIamADoctor View Post
                  Well i guess all we have left for us to do, is to say:
                  thank you for a wonderfull character and for five amazing years.

And if it means anything, the fact that they're casting , among those stupid characters of SGU, a character that is propably a 20+Mckay, just shows how importand Mckay is for the "franchise".
                  Funny isn't it, how shameless they are at casting a character like Mckay and one like Jack? What happenned to all new etc etc?
                  Yes, David Hewlett, thank you so much for bringing Dr. Rodney McKay to such amazingly wonderful life. He, and you, won't be forgotten anytime soon.

TMIaAD, I totally agree with your casting comments (and I said so on the comments to the announcement!). Here are some more thoughts . . . (Spoilered for length and discussion of SGU "genius" character, and scientists as heroes.) . . .
                  Spoiler:
                  I also pointed out that as "Total slacker. Utter genius," Hitchcock will not even have the saving grace of McKay's enormous positive work ethic. Rodney McKay has his flaws (I love them all), but he never slacked, and I'm dern proud to call him my favorite science fiction, and even TV/movie character, ever. God, I'm gonna miss him sooooo much.

It's a terrible thing, I know, but I keep picturing Hitchcock as that revolting travesty of Dr. Zarkov from SciFi's extremely short-lived Flash Gordon remake last year. Yeeaach!! (sounds of me retching) I don't see him as hero, or even main character.

One of my biggest things with McKay is that he is "scientist as hero," something which is very lacking in today's media. Media glorifies the soldier, the gunfighter, the sports player, the brawler, the drug addict, but rarely the men and women of science who are so critical to our existence and who should instead be the role models for our children. When they are shown in positive light, they are usually a secondary character, not the full-on lead character that McKay is. "Scientist as slacker" just doesn't fit in with my world view, and makes for bad role modeling for science when we are so desperately in need of good ones.

Sometimes I show bits of SGA (the not so scary parts) to my young son and say - see - there's Doctor McKay, the scientist, saving the day, because he's so smart, and he has studied alot, and he knows so much.. He's scared but he tries to be brave to help his friends because he is so dedicated. It's all well and good to shoot things, but figuring them out is a much higher calling.

Speaking of higher callings than shooting things . . . Mounting political soap box for a moment (spoilered for OT political rant, read at your own risk! ) . . .
                  Spoiler:

As in the recent news from NASA, that due to lack of Federal funding for NASA, Orion will not be ready until 2015, but the space shuttles still need to be retired in 2010 (they are already living on borrowed time, now), leaving the USA with FIVE YEARS of no space transport, and reliant on another country that we are busily pissing off and heading into a new Cold War with. THANKS AGAIN, GEORGE BUSH AND YOUR LAUGHABLE "ADMINISTRATION". Without the courtesy of Russia, we won't even be able to get up to the International Space Station for which the USA has footed the majority of the bill! Instead of funding our space program, we are instead spending 12 BILLION a month on the illegal war in Iraq, but can't help our own people in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, let alone fix our highway bridges, educate our children, heal our wounded soldiers, develop alternative energy sources, reduce pollution, make a fuel-efficient car or fund our new space ships. GAAAAA! For all our sakes, please, everyone, read up on the candidates and vote Vote VOTE come November. Sorry for venting, the NASA news just really, really hurt a lot. We can't give our scientists and future thinkers enough money to barely do their job, but we can sure spend a lot of money to blow things up. Okay, getting down off the soap box now.

I affraid about the movie because in the movie generally(look sg1) there is fewer interactions between the characters and me I love sga for that exactly.
                  I agree. (Spoilered for more discussion on movies versus another year of series) . . .
                  Spoiler:
                  I did not care for Ark of Truth at all, but then I never liked the whole Ori business to begin with - too much focus on religion used for evil. Continuum was better, but still not satisfying to me. I didn't see anything special about these movies that I hadn't already seen in the show. I do not believe these movies are going to be given anywhere near the budget of a theatrical release movie, so claiming they will be above the series production values I think is wishful thinking. They will be having to spend part of the budget just assembling everyone and dragging everything out of storage (plus keeping up the payments on all those stored sets to begin with).

The other major problem with doing movies is that the actors and actresses will be scattering to the four winds to pursue other projects. I don't think David is going to be sitting at home by his phone waiting for the SG folks to call. He's arrived now. He's got legions of screaming fans who will watch anything he is in. He's got other fish to fry, people to see, things to do. Good for him. Same is undoubtedly true for the other performers.

Also, the simple math of two to four hours of show a year not even beginning to be close to twenty hours is pretty obvious to me. Guess the SG and MGM people are using a different sort of arithmetic. I also really don't buy the lines about oh how the show quality will be better, the effects will be better, etc. Where do they get the idea that we watch this show for the effects?!! I watch it for the characters! I got into SGA from stumbling into the middle of "Hot Zone" while flipping channels late one night. Watching one scene with Rodney talking on his radio in a mostly empty room in "Hot Zone" got me. David's performance was what sucked me in, not production values, not effects. Sigh.

They can make what they want there is only one mckay, irreplaceable and irresistible. Nobody is better, only the best for me.
                  So true. McKay is the best!
                  Last edited by GateEngineer17; 19 September 2008, 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I hated the SG-1 movies. They had a lot of potential, but they were nowhere near as good as they could have been.

On that note, an Atlantis movie is better than nothing, but JM & PM tend to write episodes that are more hit or miss than anything else. I love Rodney, John, Teyla, Ronon, and everybody else but I've been burned by the other Stargate movies so I'm not as excited for it as I could be.

Don't get me started on Universe. Ugh.
                    (Really, a McKay clone is the best they could do? I love McKay, but how many geniuses does Stargate need?)

Comment

From the first Atlantis episode, "Rising". Fleece!

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

My love !!!! the orange shirt, when i saw him the first time, i said "wow he's gorgeous" so beautiful and 5 years later he's even more beautiful, i miss him.

my delicious http://delicious.com/marlislash

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                          Warning.. completely irrelevant post here.....
                          I keep wondering where have i seen your name before....
                          not many people have such names... where you playing Lineage 3-4 years ago?
                          Yeees???
                          Who is this?
                          sigpic

Comment

[spoilers]
                            Originally posted by GateEngineer17 View Post
                            Yes, David Hewlett, thank you so much for bringing Dr. Rodney McKay to such amazingly wonderful life. He, and you, won't be forgotten anytime soon.

TMIaAD, I totally agree with your casting comments (and I said so on the comments to the announcement!). Here are some more thoughts . . . (Spoilered for length and discussion of SGU "genius" character, and scientists as heroes.) . . .
                            Spoiler:
                            I also pointed out that as "Total slacker. Utter genius," Hitchcock will not even have the saving grace of McKay's enormous positive work ethic. Rodney McKay has his flaws (I love them all), but he never slacked, and I'm dern proud to call him my favorite science fiction, and even TV/movie character, ever. God, I'm gonna miss him sooooo much.

It's a terrible thing, I know, but I keep picturing Hitchcock as that revolting travesty of Dr. Zarkov from SciFi's extremely short-lived Flash Gordon remake last year. Yeeaach!! (sounds of me retching) I don't see him as hero, or even main character.

One of my biggest things with McKay is that he is "scientist as hero," something which is very lacking in today's media. Media glorifies the soldier, the gunfighter, the sports player, the brawler, the drug addict, but rarely the men and women of science who are so critical to our existence and who should instead by the role models for our children. When they are shown in positive light, they are usually a secondary character, not the full-on lead character that McKay is. "Scientist as slacker" just doesn't fit in with my world view, and makes for bad role modeling for science when we are so desperately in need of good ones.

Sometimes I show bits of SGA (the not so scary parts) to my young son and say - see - there's Doctor McKay, the scientist, saving the day, because he's so smart, and he has studied alot, and he knows so much.. He's scared but he tries to be brave to help his friends because he is so dedicated. It's all well and good to shoot things, but figuring them out is a much higher calling.

Speaking of higher callings than shooting things . . . Mounting political soap box for a moment (spoilered for OT political rant, read at your own risk! ) . . .
                            Spoiler:

As in the recent news from NASA, that due to lack of Federal funding for NASA, Orion will not be ready until 2015, but the space shuttles still need to be retired in 2010 (they are already living on borrowed time, now), leaving the USA with FIVE YEARS of no space transport, and reliant on another country that we are busily pissing off and heading into a new Cold War with. THANKS AGAIN, GEORGE BUSH AND YOUR LAUGHABLE "ADMINISTRATION". Without the courtesy of Russia, we won't even be able to get up to the International Space Station for which the USA has footed the majority of the bill! Instead of funding our space program, we are instead spending 12 BILLION a month on the illegal war in Iraq, but can't help our own people in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, let alone fix our highway bridges, educate our children, heal our wounded soldiers, develop alternative energy sources, reduce pollution, make a fuel-efficient car or fund our new space ships. GAAAAA! For all our sakes, please, everyone, read up on the candidates and vote Vote VOTE come November. Sorry for venting, the NASA news just really, really hurt a lot. We can't give our scientists and future thinkers enough money to barely do their job, but we can sure spend a lot of money to blow things up. Okay, getting down off the soap box now.

I agree. (Spoilered for more discussion on movies versus another year of series) . . .
                            Spoiler:
                            I did not care for Ark of Truth at all, but then I never liked the whole Ori business to begin with - too much focus on religion used for evil. Continuum was better, but still not satisfying to me. I didn't see anything special about these movies that I hadn't already seen in the show. I do not believe these movies are going to be given anywhere near the budget of a theatrical release movie, so claiming they will be above the series production values I think is wishful thinking. They will be having to spend part of the budget just assembling everyone and dragging everything out of storage (plus keeping up the payments on all those stored sets to begin with).

The other major problem with doing movies is that the actors and actresses will be scattering to the four winds to pursue other projects. I don't think David is going to be sitting at home by his phone waiting for the SG folks to call. He's arrived now. He's got legions of screaming fans who will watch anything he is in. He's got other fish to fry, people to see, things to do. Good for him. Same is undoubtedly true for the other performers.

Also, the simple math of two to four hours of show a year not even beginning to be close to twenty hours is pretty obvious to me. Guess the SG and MGM people are using a different sort of arithmetic. I also really don't buy the lines about oh how the show quality will be better, the effects will be better, etc. Where do they get the idea that we watch this show for the effects?!! I watch it for the characters! I got into SGA from stumbling into the middle of "Hot Zone" while flipping channels late one night. Watching one scene with Rodney talking on his radio in a mostly empty room in "Hot Zone" got me. David's performance was what sucked me in, not production values, not effects. Sigh.

So true. McKay is the best!
                            I hope i did it right , i tried to put spoilers on what you said, because it was quite big.And to what i say because it's kind of ...weird, to some people
                            [spoilers] I Totaly agree with you in every single word. I told you on my comment that, but i don't mind saying it again, regardless of how many people will dislike me.I am not American , i am Greek, and what is happening in your country is something that, at least in Greece, was expected.
                            You're propably the first Thinking American i ever met.
                            That "devosion" to war, guns, superheroes, "kill first ask questions later" style has finaly damaged you. And i am terribly sory , because i know the american people , in their majority , are misquided and innocent.
                            It's been years now, that the Russians are making the decisions about space. Years since you needed them for the first time....
                            sigpic

Comment

OK i didn't do it right ;/
                              sigpic

Comment

It's easy to fix. You've started the spoilers tag correctly. Click the 'edit' button on your post. At the end of the section you want to include in the spoilers tag add this: [/spoilers]. You can click on 'preview post' to make sure you've got it right before posting. Hope this helps.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Working...
                                X