No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VHS machine wonky at the best of times. Sigh. So I wait for the dvds....
    {mod snip}.
    Sorry!
    Anyway, the Shrine -
    I blubbered through the parts I saw, and cannot wait to get it on dvd to watch the whole thing. I would agree, from what I saw, that it was the best epi EVER. I was teary for days after - what a horrible combination: best epi plus cancellation.

I'd love to post a happy Rodney picture to cheer myself up, but I don't know how. I see markers for photobucket....and lots of screen caps. Neither of which I have or can do. Is quoting a picture from someone else's post possible, or even desirable? I have no interest in stealing a sig line or anything - just want to be able to post some eye candy, and I'm assuming that it's alright to re-post a Sci fi promotional picture or some other that is not copy-written or whatever. Any newbie advice is appreciated. Thanks -
    L
    Last edited by ladydoor; 16 September 2008, 01:22 PM. Reason: non sanctioned d/l discussion is forbidden

Comment

Originally posted by ladydoor View Post
      VHS machine wonky at the best of times. Sigh. So I wait for the dvds....
      I did, however, do a bad thing this year - {mod snip}. I blubbered through the parts I saw, and cannot wait to get it on dvd to watch the whole thing. I would agree, from what I saw, that it was the best epi EVER. I was teary for days after - what a horrible combination: best epi plus cancellation.

I'd love to post a happy Rodney picture to cheer myself up, but I don't know how. I see markers for photobucket....and lots of screen caps. Neither of which I have or can do. Is quoting a picture from someone else's post possible, or even desirable? I have no interest in stealing a sig line or anything - just want to be able to post some eye candy, and I'm assuming that it's alright to re-post a Sci fi promotional picture or some other that is not copy-written or whatever. Any newbie advice is appreciated. Thanks -
      L
      A) ...you've been snipped!

B) Photobucket is an image hosting website and it's free and easy to join/get an account. After that if/when you see a pic you like you just right click on it and select save as... to save the pic to your computer. We call it "snurching", and yes, it's fine to repost a Sci Fi promo pic, as long as you put in spoilers if it's a pic from a yet to air episode. You can quote a pic from someone else's post as long as you change the [IMG] tags to [URL] tags, the mods tend to frown on multiple pic quotes. Some people have dial-up internet and the more pics to load the longer it takes to load.

C) To post a pic all you need do is, assuming you get a Photobucket account and uploaded the pic(s) to said account and have played with the pic(s) until it is to your liking, is ...there will be 4 codes beneath the thumbnail of the pic(s), the bottom code is the one you want, just right click on the code to copy it. Once that is done and you get back here, just paste the code into the message box(left click anywhere in the message box, then right click, select paste from the dropdown menu that appears) and VIOLA! you have your pic! Preview you post just to make sure it worked.
      Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 16 September 2008, 01:37 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

What does being Snipped by a mod mean?

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
        Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
        Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
          What does being Snipped by a mod mean?

~Dani
          if you say something that's against the rules, they'll delete it... i think it happens to a lot of people at some time.
          i got 2 threads deleted so I'm a total hard case!!!!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Oh lols ^__^

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I haven't been snipped ...yet... *crosses toes that it never happens*
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Yep, I've already been naughty. Sigh. So I'm off to read the rules (yeah, something I should have done first).

Thanks for the picture tips! I'll be trying this out later, when I get some time and more coffee in me.
                L

Comment

neither have i ^^ I hope it never happens to me. ^^

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, here goes. Hope a double thunk is okay...knowing these guys are buddies in real life just makes this picture so much sweeter.
                    On the preview it looks tiny...I seriously need some new computer skills.
                    L
                    Attached Files

Comment

Okay, here goes. Hope a double thunk is okay...knowing these guys are buddies in real life just makes this picture so much sweeter.
                      L
                      That looks great to me!
                      Mine usually come out big and then have a small pic attachment too... told you I wasn't the best one to ask!

But the mods like it when your photos are small-. and if you click it get bigger!

If you want a siggie banner just give a shout, i have some.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

@fuchsia: maybe my post-a-pic tips could help you too...

Yep, I've already been naughty. Sigh. So I'm off to read the rules (yeah, something I should have done first).

Thanks for the picture tips! I'll be trying this out later, when I get some time and more coffee in me.
                        L
                        Y'welcome. I hope I was helpfull.

L
                        You know you don't have to use tha attachment feature ...unless you wanted to, in which case go right ahead.

I have some McKay siggies too! If you get an imagerotate.com account you can have multiple sigs.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

It happens to all of us. I've been yelled at for posting things I shouldn't post about before too.

Magic fingers!

season 5 spoiler pic/double thunk:
                          Spoiler:
                          I still giggle when I see this pic!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I love when you get in to it with an other poster.. then you tell the poster to leave you alone and they don't then you get even more into it. Then the Mods snip you telling the poster to leave you alone, then you go back and it's like the argument never happened!

Now when you post somewhere else the poster who you got into it with STILL gets in your face and is rude to you!!!

Just because the mods snipped you it don't mean you still don't like the poster who is now FOLLOWING you and being snide and UGHHHHHH
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Hee hee - it worked! I like the fact it can be made bigger. If it's a problem for anyone else, though, I can figure out another way.

I LOVE the magic fingers picture! I had it as wallpaper for awhile. He looks so hopeful. Yummy Rodney.

The season 5 pic makes me smile too. Wonder what the story behind that is. Can't wait to see it in context.

Oh, and thanks to you wonderful thunkers, I've been all over the site, drooling and snurching pics....and ignoring my kids who just roll their eyes at me (but they still come running to see when I find a good one).
                              L

Comment

I am in search of a Rodney Whump=Love/I love Mckay siggie....Can anyone help me out? ^^

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X