Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
    New Twitter

Jane swims like a seal...I'm more of a buoy.

Poor David!
    Aww - i'm sure he's a very good swimmer really.

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
    That's life I guess.

*g* I'm like that too. Unfortunately I'm also opening chocolate bars even when I didn't exercise.
    Well last night i was down right shameless and ate half a bar in the changing room!!

Anyhoo...I FINALLY sorted through my Peg 2 photos...and there's LOTS of David and other folk

http://suekay.dotphoto.com/CPListAlbums.asp

enjoy
    Heee!! Thanks for the link!! Those bring back memories.

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
    Here's a link to David's interview this evening, it's 20MB, mp3.

Digital Production Buzz David Hewlett Interview
    Thank you!!!!!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
    I found that the Digital Production Buzz already has the show archived on its site and available for download. Logic has just David's part and at a better bit rate, so that's the nice thing about his version. But, I suggest that everyone also down load the DPBuzz version. That will show them the audience David has, because I'm sure they know how many downloads they normally get and any uptick should be credited to David.

David's part is at minute 32 into the 1 hour show.
    Good point!! I shall download both!!

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
    And then David said sleeping with the producer helps. Do tell.

Bye, A.
    he is so funny.

Wow, you're good!

OT personal stuff
    Spoiler:
    I found out in college that I'm crap at taking notes. I can't listen and write at the same time. I had good grades all thru high school because the work involved more reading and doing exercises. When I got to college I had to take notes and my learning took a nose dive. Of course, at the time I didn't realize it was the note taking that was messing me up or I would have bought a tape recorder and just write notes by reviewing my lectures. Because I'm pretty much crap at learning by ear. I just don't retain as well as when I read something. Verbally Introduce me to someone new and I forget their name. Have a name badge on, and I might be able to remember.

I also now know that when I take photos at a convention, I pretty much don't remember what's said because my brain is too busy composing my photos.

I am sadly a single threaded kind of person.
    Spoiler:
    i was abysmal at note taking!! I'd diligently scribble away and when i looked back later, i couldn't even read them!! My handwriting, while normally pretty neat, turned into scrawl when i wrote fast.
    And i have a terrible short term memory so i'd be writing and realise i couldn't remember what he'd just said! So even when i could decypher what i'd written, half was missing anyway!
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Huh. I posted the link to the audio interview twice on David's blog. Right after my post, 2 people comment that they're waiting for the link. Squonk was one of them!

Throwing in a photo for thunkness.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

*McKay whine* I'm sick! *holds antibiotics in one hand and Cold-Eeze in the other, and Advil in the other* Wait...?
        You must be popular with the fellas.

Sorry to hear you're not well, get better soon.

Thanks for the dl of the interview. Normally I would do what watcher did and hold my tape recorder to the computer speaker! Low tech all the way baby! LOL

Comment

Huh. I posted the link to the audio interview twice on David's blog. Right after my post, 2 people comment that they're waiting for the link. Squonk was one of them!
          I didn't read the other comments before commenting myself. When i'm at work i have to read and post on the run (ie before my boss catches me ) so i don't always have time to read everything.

He's in the other building right now, so i'm free to play for a bit

Oh and Logic - get well soon!
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

hey guys.
            Going away for the week starting tomorrow. Going to seat on a beach down in Kent so long as it doesn't start pouring down again. Weather has been a nightmare this last week. Really hoping there's no big news over the week, I'm already dreading how long it will take me to catch up on all the posts here when i get back
            C ya soon

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
              Logic, thanks for the link.

Squirrel marketing? Fantastic recap of David's interview too.

And Prion, thanks for the transcript link.
              You're welcome. Most places don't bother putting up downloadable stuff, so I taped and transcribed. Plus, sometimes you just can't listen to an interview (esp. if you use a PC at work!)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                Going away for the week starting tomorrow. Going to seat on a beach down in Kent so long as it doesn't start pouring down again. Weather has been a nightmare this last week. Really hoping there's no big news over the week, I'm already dreading how long it will take me to catch up on all the posts here when i get back
                Well, next week is the big news about the ADB download at Amazon. I'm really hoping that it would have something to do with the international market. Like the download would be available on amazon.ca and amazon.uk, at least. Baby steps, baby steps.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

David's made a small update to his blog about the interview last nite, thanking Zoniduck for posting a link to the official recording of the show and posting a picture of what i beleive is jane trying to keep headphones on mars, tho to me it looks as if she's holding him down and choking him .

P.S.
                  And thanks everybody for the well-wishes. I hate being sick... Just as much as David does, and i probably whine about it more than McKay would, heh.
                  Last edited by LogicSequence; 29 June 2007, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Twitter Updates:

"Tea, porridge, Mars mauling and then updated the site with last night's radio interview archive: http://tinyurl.com/2g5xul"

"iPhone only AT&T, built in battery (come on!) and no expansion card (say what?!)...think I'm going to have to wait for release 2.0!"

Totally agree about the iPhone, it doesn't even use the high speed 3G network, its only 2G EDGE capable! 2.0 is going to be 3G capable. 3G gets access speeds of up to 1.1Mbps, EDGE is much slower. I dont see how you could browse the full internet with less than 3G. I'm going to be sticking with my Samsung Blackjack for now, it's 3G and full internet capable. Going to have to wait for the iPhone to catch up.

Comment

I think I'll stick with my iPod video and my crappy MotoSlvr phone for now lol!

And I'm not the only person that sticks headphones on their dog! Yay me I'm slightly less weird today w00t!

Actually...my dog loves music, hence the headphones
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

a picture of what i beleive is jane trying to keep headphones on mars, tho to me it looks as if she's holding him down and choking him .
                        http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...marsincans.jpg
                        lol, poor Mars! He's probably thinking, "What are these crazy humans doing to me now!"

Logic, hope you are feeling better soon.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I think I'll stick with my iPod video and my crappy MotoSlvr phone for now lol!

And I'm not the only person that sticks headphones on their dog! Yay me I'm slightly less weird today w00t!

Actually...my dog loves music, hence the headphones
                          Lol, my dogs are afraid of headphones, but Mars looks confortable in them.
                          My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                          Sig and avi by me
                          Spoiler:

Comment

David's made a small update to his blog about the interview last nite, thanking Zoniduck for posting a link to the official recording of the show
                            Huh, I only posted the link TWICE in the comments section of his blog. Well, maybe Zoniduck emailed him the link. David ignores me, Mallozzi ignores me. I'm not bitter.

Twitter Updates:

"Tea, porridge, Mars mauling and then updated the site with last night's radio interview archive: http://tinyurl.com/2g5xul"

"iPhone only AT&T, built in battery (come on!) and no expansion card (say what?!)...think I'm going to have to wait for release 2.0!"
                            Well, I use Verizon, so no iPhone for me. I think this business of having your cell phone locked into a phone company is stupid.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Weekend! Finally!!!
                              David's made a small update to his blog about the interview last nite
                              http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/i...marsincans.jpg
                              Poor Mars! This dog surely has a lot to deal and put up with. Difficult childhood, times with a physical handicap, pressure of fame, crazy owners...

Twitter Updates:
                              Ewww, porridge... Still Brits, these two.
                              Uh, first time I see David not being excited about Apple.

Originally posted by watcher652
                              Huh, I only posted the link TWICE in the comments section of his blog. Well, maybe Zoniduck emailed him the link. David ignores me, Mallozzi ignores me. I'm not bitter.
                              That would definitely make me sad/bitter too. *hugs*
                              And it's one example for the downside of having stars who are interacting with the fans a lot (which is usually absolutely great!). They mention one single fan with name and the others will be disappointed. Also, a few of those who were mentioned specifically might think they're priviliged in any way then (not in this case, just saying).

Bye, A.

P.S. Get better soon, Logic! Being sick sucks. And feel free to whine if you feel like that. Men need that.

P.P.S. For those who wondered how long the summer hiatus lasts - Mallozzi said in his blog that there'll be no-one on set for the next three weeks. My guess was four weeks total, and as one week was nearly over when JM made the comment, I think four weeks might be right. So they'll probably continue filming at the end of July.
                              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

OT rant about cell phones
                                Spoiler:
                                Can I just say how much I HATE cell phones?? I have to have one for work, but I'm not happy about it. I suppose it's nice to have in case of emergencies, but they're such a pain. They're so unreliable. My sister doesn't have a land line, and he lives out in the sticks where the cell phone service is intermittent at best. Trying to carry on a conversation with her over the phone is a royal pain in the hiney. And people seem to think that, because I have a cell phone, they can call me anytime, day or night, and if I don't answer the phone I'm being rude. (Nice run-on sentence there.) Well, you know, maybe I'm not answering the phone because I'm trying to DRIVE. Or I'm in the shower. Or I'm sleeping because it's 2:00 in the frickin' morning. Sheesh.

Come to think of it, I hate regular phones, too.

Rant over. I feel better now

Comment

Working...
                                X