Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
    Lol, my dogs are afraid of headphones, but Mars looks confortable in them.
    Gawd! My dog would have destroyed them! She hated things round her ears. She had a lot of ear infections as a pup which obviously meant a lot of pain, irritation and vets prodding round, so when she was older she was suspicious of things being put near her ears.

However, likes sueKay's dog, she loved music. She'd sit under the piano when i played and watch me. She would cry when i played the clarinet though......................
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Can I just say that Porridge is manky...yeuch!

reposting this link...includes a LOT of photos of David at Peg 2!

http://suekay.dotphoto.com/CPListAlbums.asp
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Atlantis Panel vids are up!

beware of SPOILERS

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/06/29/st...tour-part-one/
        http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/06/29/st...tour-part-two/

David and Mars are both vids
        sigpic

Comment

New Twitter!

Lovely brunch with Julie from KNBC!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            Just watching this, but the fact that the first question already was about, you know, AT/SC, disappointed me. As did the reactions from the cast. But ok, I already knew how David thinks about that. And what else could anyone from the cast/crew possibly say at a press conference, this is "play nice and praise the show" time, not the place for any kind of criticism if you want to keep your job.

Anyway, back to David: Judging from JM'S pics and the vid he really carried this cup of coffee from when he arrived until the end of the press conference or probably even longer -->

Love his smile and it's so cute when he's laughing. I already forgot what it was like to see that live in front of me.

And his smile when
            Spoiler:
            Rachel rubs her sweet baby belly is just too cute for words! And Rachel's so lovely! I'd love to meet her one day, hope she'll have time for cons in the future

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            New Twitter!
            Lovely brunch with Julie from KNBC!
            That a TV station? Or radio?

A lovely brunch with a woman who's not Jane?
            Hehe, I thought he only uses "lovely" in combination with J's name, which he does a lot and I always thought that's a sign that he really loves her to death and isn't afraid to say that. But it seems he uses such words lavishly.
            *just kidding*

Bye, A.
            Last edited by Arlessiar; 29 June 2007, 01:04 PM.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

OK, so who broke up with david via email? Was it one of you guys? *glares* How dare someone break up with david! especially when he didn't know he was with them! I mean did this person consider how this would effect him? Or Mars? Or Jane for that matter!? tehehe

Comment

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
                OK, so who broke up with david via email? Was it one of you guys? *glares* How dare someone break up with david! especially when he didn't know he was with them! I mean did this person consider how this would effect him?
                Not that we didn't discuss that at length already a few posts back.
                Seriously, how can you break up with someone who never knew you existed? And probably never cared? People who think they have some sort of relationship with an actor seriously need a reality check!
                And I'm pretty sure we don't have such a weird person in this thread here.

Anyway, just watched th epart of the interviews where Mallozzi mentions David's singing skills and karaoke nights David's been responsible for.

I also loved Rachel going "Shut up, David!" wit that endearing smile. Yeah, he likes to tease people.

So, and Jason and Joe Flanigan might be the future of rock music, yes?

Bye, A.
                (btw, David is mega cute in this interview, but I stopped watching now, as I for my part really have a hard time standing the talk about all the changes combined with the producer's "Everything's fantastic, basically nothing changed, and all will be well, most fans will love it" talk. Sorry, maybe I'm just tired or grumpy, but it annoys me, so I better stop watching. Maybe I'll watch the rest after I had some sleep and am in a better mood.
                Last edited by Arlessiar; 29 June 2007, 01:42 PM.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                  Huh, I only posted the link TWICE in the comments section of his blog. Well, maybe Zoniduck emailed him the link. David ignores me, Mallozzi ignores me. I'm not bitter.
                  I am so getting that vibe from you. LOL! AW, David is in my opinion a skimmer, he probably misses half if not three quarters of what people post on the comments page.

Which is why I found his comment in the radio interview about dropping by the site and asking a question... well ... odd. I don't think he has the time to read the comments never mind answer them. (well the editing one aside).

I haven't watched the new interview panel thing, just woke up. I will grab some coffee and come back and watch. *yawns* I think I am going to have a lazy Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                    I think I am going to have a lazy Saturday.
                    It's Saturday there already? It's still Friday evening here. Everyone deserves a lazy day now and then. Enjoy yours.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                      I also loved Rachel going "Shut up, David!" wit that endearing smile. Yeah, he likes to tease people.
                      Um A, I am pretty sure she calls him a B******! LOL! I would too!

(btw, David is mega cute in this interview, but I stopped watching now, as I for my part really have a hard time standing the talk about all the changes combined with the producer's "Everything's fantastic, basically nothing changed, and all will be well, most fans will love it" talk. Sorry, maybe I'm just tired or grumpy, but it annoys me, so I better stop watching. Maybe I'll watch the rest after I had some sleep and am in a better mood.
                      I understand what you are saying and to be honest hearing some of the stuff around Carter... well talk about annoying. Also the "no one ever dies in scifi" line is old and to me misses the point completely. But I guess if we are going to watch it we just have to hope it won't be as bad as all that. Although lines like "hot leather alien" leave me cold.
                      Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                      It's Saturday there already? It's still Friday evening here. Everyone deserves a lazy day now and then. Enjoy yours.
                      Thanks, and yeah it is now 11 am on Saturday here.

*sorry I can't post caps photobucket hate me*

Comment

Twitter Update:

"Trying to pick 15 tunes for a promotion...I instantly revert to 80's mode and end up with half of Duran Duran's Rio!?"

Who is "Duran Duran's Rio"?

Sickness Update:
                        Still sick... And yes this is the color of the stuff that's... Nevermind.

Comment

Twitter Update:

"Trying to pick 15 tunes for a promotion...I instantly revert to 80's mode and end up with half of Duran Duran's Rio!?"

Who is "Duran Duran's Rio"?

Sickness Update:
                          Still sick... And yes this is the color of the stuff that's... Nevermind.
                          You are kidding right? Duran Duran had an album *yes vinyl* in the '80s called Rio... I don't know whether to take his post seriously or not. I really hate to think David is a Duran Duran fan still... *I mean we all were but we usually grew out of it* he is the Princess Diana of Stargate!

I gave up my copy eventually after realising it was crap! I got $1 for it.

Now Nevermind that was an album.

Comment

Err, nope. I'm 24, had no idea what a Duran Duran was . Sounded Aussie to me!

Comment

Err, nope. I'm 24, had no idea what a Duran Duran was . Sounded Aussie to me!
                              Oh yeah use the too young to know any better excuse! LOL! Please Australia was always more pubrock in the '80s then new romantic.

Think the biggest pop group of the 80's to come out of Britain (well not in my mind but sales wise) with the hair, the make-up, the tight (too tight ) pants and loads of money spent on video clips with half nekkid women. I think David use to dress a bit like them in the '80s.

Comment

Err, nope. I'm 24, had no idea what a Duran Duran was
                                Good article about the group on Wikipedia. They definitely contibuted to the success of MTV. David would appreciate this:

Spoiler for Non-David-ness
                                Spoiler:
                                The band's video work was influential in several ways. First, Duran Duran filmed in exotic locales like Sri Lanka and Antigua, creating memorable images that were radically different from the then-common low budget "band-playing-on-a-stage" videos. Second, rather than simply playing their instruments, the band participated in mini-storylines (often taking inspiration from contemporary movies: "Hungry Like The Wolf" riffs on Raiders of the Lost Ark, "The Wild Boys" on The Road Warrior, etc.). Videos were obviously headed in this direction already, but Duran Duran led the trend with a style, featuring quick editing, arresting graphic design, and surreal-to-nonsensical image inserts, that drew attention from commentators and spawned a wealth of imitators. Duran Duran were among the first bands to have their videos shot with a professional movie camera on 35 mm film, rather than on videotape with cheaper video cameras, making them look superior to many of the quickly and inexpensively shot videos which had been MTV staples until then.

My kind of guy:
                                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                                (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Working...
                                X