No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooohhh....now i defiantely like the piccy from Home....i would like to be there lounging with McKay on his couch...hehehe..........but then again wouldn't any of us....

ahhhh, yes, and the one from Siege 2 has to be the gun belt....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      I assumed he was trained on the P-90 way before the Seige. Like back when he joined Sheppards team.
      Heck, I can't get to a computer for a day and you've all added four pages. Help!

Yep, re the P90, he
      Spoiler:
      fires it at the Wraith in Suspicion, though I don't recall another episode he has it other than the Siege part 2. I don't really remember the details of Underground having said that but...
      McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
      Grodin, "You can fix anything."
      McKay, "Who told you that?"
      Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
        ... certainly 6 feet....Nevertheless, David, as McKay, moves really well: confidently, energetically and yes, as you said, without clumsines.
        Agreed. He actually moves pretty briskly around cramped control rooms without tripping over wires or bumping into people or consoles etc. I certainly wouldn't call him clumsy. Just watching him move around in Rising
        Spoiler:
        when the shield situation's getting more desparate and he's flitting from one console to another, or in the Defiant One when he's following Sheppard through the ship after Gaul's been taken
        gives the impression of someone who moves fluidly and, as you comment, confidently.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
          Oh he so did in the antartic rising scenes around the chair, capping that scene I realised he blinked so much and so slowly too - way mroe than normal - do you think David was sleepy when they filmed that?
          I doubt that, I just think he is so very aware of what his eyes are doing at all times, I doubt there's very much that creeps onto the screen that isn't done for a reason. Watch his eyes in Siege part 1 in
          Spoiler:
          the ancient satellite, when he's studying the schematics and says "ok, I'm disoriented, where are these?" about the power relay. He's just studying the screen there, no particular movements. Then Grodin replies "they're outside." and McKay answers "what?!" and suddenly you've got the rapid eye flicking thing he does etc and in Siege part 2 he doesn't blink for the entire time he's reporting about losing Grodin - which takes some doing actually if you try it...!

Er, ahem, er yeah, just happened to notice that, it's er not like I'm mesmerised by his eyes or anything, or glued to the TV screen when he's on, or spend time admiring his acting techniques which of course results in re-watching a scene a few times or......ok, ok....he's just got such nice eyes...eye aiy aiy... ahem, where was I...?

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652

Ok, final post for the moment.

And it has no real relevance to this photo but I liked the photo so....

Re McKay's various ailments and allergies. Yep you can actually be allergic to pretty well anything and any allergy has the potential of going on to a severe anaphylactic reaction which can kill (medical person speaking here). But in McKay's case I wonder if he's ever had that severe a reaction to lemon as when he's eating that chicken in Rising and wonders if there's any lemon in it he obviously goes off to check but doesn't seem overly panicked and isn't reaching for an adrenalin pen so I'm guessing rash/facial swelling/itching all of which would be a major hassle to Rodney and an embarrassment, but not fatal.
            Spoiler:
            He does say in 'Underground' in reply to Ford's comment, something along the lines of 'have you ever seen an anaphylactic reaction', but given Rodney's character traits he's also convinced he's going to die within a very short time of finding he can't deactivate the personal shield, convinced he's got permanent vertebral damage when he's dropped to the floor in Seige part 1, not entirely convinced he's still alive after the energy blast hits the jumper in Sanctuary...
            I just get the impression he er slightly over-dramatises such issues... He's braver when there's a REAL problem like in
            Spoiler:
            the Storm and the Eye when he has a real injury to contend with.

Also I was thinking about the discussion concerning hypoglycaemia a long while ago on this thread. I doubt he actually has the condition, just probably the normal shaky reaction a lot of people experience when they're burning up a lot of energy, mental or physical, and their sugar levels drop a bit before the body catches up and tops them up. Why? Watch Beckett's reaction in Hide and Seek when
            Spoiler:
            Beckett's bandaging Grodin's hand (he really NEEDN'T have swung so hard... lol) and they all suddenly realise McKay can't eat or drink anything. Beckett immediately switches into medical mode about how long McKay can survive without water, it's McKay who says he'll be dead before the end of the day without food. But there's no panic from Beckett then or later about the food component, which in true hypoglycaemia would most definitely be the more urgent. And although McKay faints (sorry passes out) that seems to be related to an over-active imagination on his part, talk of the ghosts and ancestors, and the impeccable timing of losing the lights. He comes to and obviously Beckett wouldn't have had access to him to give him an injection to reverse a hypo, and again makes no reference. It's McKay again, commenting about his 'manly hunger'!!! LOL And in Siege part 2 when he's marching Beckett back to the Chair McKay comments that he's "exhausted and starving so SIT DOWN" to poor Carson, yet no mention of any hypo, and note McKay's mind was truly on the Chair and their situation, not himself.
            I reckon Atlantis is likely to make him forget or overcome quite a few of his medical problems!!!

Comment

oh god! you people are more obsessed with me! first the hands, now the eyes. i know he's got the most gorgeous eyes i've seen but dont you people think you're paying a wee bit too much attention to them?!
              but then again i haven't watched repeats of atlantis in a while, been to busy.

BTW, if you're obsessed with his eyes then watch the movie 'Cypher'
              Very freaky *shudders* Is it wrong that that they still turn me on?

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Rodney is funny, especially when he and John bicker (sp)

David does have a nice behind. And as for him being British? *Hug*

I loved him in...*thinks of movie*...nope the name's gone...oh actaully, no it's back "And Then She Was Gone" (something like that) it stared the beaut that is Kathryn Morris.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                  Taking Rodney at his word, he's

SG1 48 Hours - deathly allergic to citrus
                  Hide and Seek - hypoglycemic
                  Thirty Eight Minutes - claustrophobic (hypoglycemia gets another mention)
                  The Defiant One - allergic to bee stings

What bugs me about fan fiction is that a lot of stories have him clumsy or so distracted that he hurts himself. He's never shown any signs of being clumsy. It's for the hurt/comfort stories, so I'm willing to go along for a good story, but a clumsy Rodney is not in any episode so far. And his distractions are verbal, not physical.
                  Yeah...but people often go overboard on related stuff too. And this is yet anotehr time we've strayed into Rodney talk when we should be thunking!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
                    Er, ahem, er yeah, just happened to notice that, it's er not like I'm mesmerised by his eyes or anything, or glued to the TV screen when he's on, or spend time admiring his acting techniques which of course results in re-watching a scene a few times or......ok, ok....he's just got such nice eyes...eye aiy aiy... ahem, where was I...?
                    Well if he does every eye thing for a reason then maybe I'll go back to what I first thought and dismissed msotly - that he was batting his eyelashes alot at Weir. Since the way he was donig that did show off his eyelashes (and eyes) very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
                      David does have a nice behind. And as for him being British? *Hug*

I loved him in...*thinks of movie*...nope the name's gone...oh actaully, no it's back "And Then She Was Gone" (something like that) it stared the beaut that is Kathryn Morris.
                      Sadly only British born - we lost him to Canada! (Though Canada seems like a good place to go). But it would be quite amusing if he could get a part in a HP movie - if there was a suitable one. Ofcourse the Briths actors for the film only seems to apply to british roles (I noticed for a french character they were getting an actual french actress in!) so maybe if there's an American or Canadian he could go for such a role.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                        oh god! you people are more obsessed with me! first the hands, now the eyes. i know he's got the most gorgeous eyes i've seen but dont you people think you're paying a wee bit too much attention to them?!
                        but then again i haven't watched repeats of atlantis in a while, been to busy.

BTW, if you're obsessed with his eyes then watch the movie 'Cypher'
                        Very freaky *shudders* Is it wrong that that they still turn me on?
                        But his eyes are just so darn blue! Really lovely blue. Personally I'm not obsessed over his nose/hand/arms but those eyes are just wonderful - sort of mesmerising almost.
                        The cypher eyes were just the same - I kept of paying attention because it was so weird and slighlty unbelievable....I just had to keep looking you know? Even when its so freaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                          But his eyes are just so darn blue! Really lovely blue. Personally I'm not obsessed over his nose/hand/arms but those eyes are just wonderful - sort of mesmerising almost.
                          The cypher eyes were just the same - I kept of paying attention because it was so weird and slighlty unbelievable....I just had to keep looking you know? Even when its so freaky.
                          I know, I keep watching that scene over and over again. My sisters getting kinda annoyed with me now!
                          I LOVE his eyes! Heres a pic from cypher-

I think I'll go watch that bit again! *goes off*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA
                            Sorry, I'm new. I'm learning. Just found out what a thunk was so it's taking me a little while to get used to posting the serious stuff here. I was just answering a post on there about the topic. Didn't think it mattered where the original 'dark' thread was discussed.
                            No worries.
                            I understand once something startsover there it'll be hard if we try to move it here but techically thunk is for Dh talk and thunking over Mckay but talk of Mckay generally is meant to be here (and in the season 2 thread in some cases).
                            It's just we keep straying into Rodney over there too.

Comment

Help! I need some cute Rodney moments/sayings to get me back on track!

I was writing the Rodney and Ford fic, and it started out so good.... Then somehow, Rodney got very annoying and angry, and snarky, and I just can't get out of that funk! I mean, I know he gets those moments, but it's always kind of cute, but this isn't and everytime I rewrite it the tone doesn't change! I'm getting frustrated, almost to the point of scrapping the whole thing! HELP!
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                                Help! I need some cute Rodney moments/sayings to get me back on track!

I was writing the Rodney and Ford fic, and it started out so good.... Then somehow, Rodney got very annoying and angry, and snarky, and I just can't get out of that funk! I mean, I know he gets those moments, but it's always kind of cute, but this isn't and everytime I rewrite it the tone doesn't change! I'm getting frustrated, almost to the point of scrapping the whole thing! HELP!
                                Give him some good news? That always uplifts his mood, or maybe an ancients technology to play with?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X