Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
    I just love how brave and belligerent he is here! Welcome to the thread BTW. Snape fan by any chance or am I reaching?
    McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
    Grodin, "You can fix anything."
    McKay, "Who told you that?"
    Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      great banners! dont mind if i use them on my site do you?
      btw, i've got a rodney page on it, so if you love him you'll visit it!
      Well, you're welcome to mine! Also, you can dig a bit on the internet and find some lovely screencaps that most creators will let you use if you ask politely.

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
      Okay, I loved the other thunk thread captions but this one actually caused a snort of laughter that escaped and got some VERY funny looks from work colleagues. Thanks, I think...
      Ha, no prob. I'm just trying to pay back all the people around here who make me laugh out loud at their captions and get me in trouble at work...

Originally posted by aaobuttons
      Can somebody give me all the SG1 shows that McKay was in. I can't remember them all and I want to review for a fanfic I'm wanting to write.
      He's in 48 hours in season 5 and Redemption pt 1 and 2 in season 6.

Comment

Best comic moment, when he was "Invulnerable man" and found that he couldn't eat ("Dead man walking here.")

Best dramatic moment, same episode, when he [spoilers]threw the Naquadah generator to get rid of that shadow creature[/spoiler]. Best moments, I think.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
          I read the Joey Flanigan interview and love the bob hope reference for McKay and Sheppard characters. Their personalities are written with that old school dueling feel to it. I haven't seen Hewlett in anything other than Atlantis so I don't know about his comic feel minus the constant snark. But Joe seems to have a bit of a comic touch to him. So I can see the comparison.

Plus I noticed in this.

He has a bit of that bob hope profile to him. (Thought of that before I read the interview.)

I can see the two pulling off a Bob Hope, Danny Kaye, Jackie Gleason old school comedy routine. {Sigh} sometimes I miss the stuff before Friends came along.
          In Hot Zone, when he's in profile making his famous last words speech I thought then how Bob Hope his profile is too. I admit to being a fan of Hope and Crosby and the road movies so was also pleased to read this reference in the interview. To me, David Hewlett has kinda the timing of Hope and the versatility of acting of Depp. Certainly McKay and Sheppard have SUCH chemistry, I'm really looking forward to the writers playing off that next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Ha, no prob. I'm just trying to pay back all the people around here who make me laugh out loud at their captions and get me in trouble at work...
            As I said. Thanks I think...

Hmm, will have to review a few caps and try to pass on the good humour methinks...

Comment

LOL! McKay's girl. That wasn't exactly what I meant. I was talking about ease of use of the site itself. The Tremors site I'm on is easy for even a novice to use. This requires, um, a bit more forethought. At least for me. Let me put it this way, when I was in school, I learned to type on a manual
              typewriter. I'm running headlong into the big 5-0 this year, so I'm
              not as savy as some. I'm not a computer geek. A medical geek yes, the repository of useless information--most of the time (Trivial Pursuit is my favorite game and I can't wait til one comes out for Stargate), but programming etc is not something I learn easily.

Oh trust me, I can obsess just fine I know I'm in trouble, when the
              characters/actors start having adventures in my dreams.

Yup, thanks, it was a help!

Okay on the "snarky" thing. I figured that from the context, just making sure. I think that next time Hubby turns up the sarcasm a little too much (which is most of the time), I just might tell him to stop being so
              "snarky".

I haven't seen Treed Murray, only reviewed info it. I know it was a prominent part from the reviews. Finding it may be difficult if it isn't commonly available.

Pity you don't know who the producer or writer is. Sometimes you can contact them, and buy the video directly from them. A friend of mine hooked me up that way with a producer of a movie that never made it to video and for about $30 (including shipping), he sent me a copy of the
              movie. I have Cube on order and it should be in any day now. I've seen
              it several times (couldn't say much for Cube 2 though). I have seen parts
              of Darklight twice. I am gonna hunt down Boa vs. Python first chance I get. I rely a lot on www.dishnetwork.com under their search function to catch programing with an actor. Also www.tvguide.com. With tvguide.com you have to be careful because they list anything with first and last names that match your entry. I do agree, Cube was great, more so now that I listened to the commentary. I understand more now. But it still left me hungry for answers. The fact that the Cube may have been totally pointless still...um...frustrates me a bit. I didn't expect it to have a tidy ending but I was expecting 'some' explanation. I was sorry to see Worth die so close to the end. He turned out to be such a nice guy and honorable. It was interesting to see one character go from noble to a monster, while Worth goes from being highly suspect to being the good-guy.

I read an interview that said "Nothing" has DH in it. Another big part, I read. So I'll try and locate that one too.

BTW: I loved your "Location"

First time I've seen the supporting character having as many .... enthusiastic .... fans as the show hero (Sheppard). It's refreshing. I agree with some others on here that brains turn me on more than brawn (of course watching "Teal'c" moving around on Stargate is enjoyable, I'll admit).

Comment

Favourite comedy would be the whole shep/mckay buddy scene with in-vul-nerable and I shot him...in the leg!

Favourite drama - BIS - all of him in the past and when he hears about the past...awww. The thought of that makes me nearly cry

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA
                  Pity you don't know who the producer or writer is. Sometimes you can contact them, and buy the video directly from them. A friend of mine hooked me up that way with a producer of a movie that never made it to video and for about $30 (including shipping), he sent me a copy of the
                  movie. I have Cube on order and it should be in any day now. I've seen
                  it several times (couldn't say much for Cube 2 though). I am gonna hunt down Boa vs. Python first chance I get.

I do agree, Cube was great, more so now that I listened to the commentary. I understand more now. But it still left me hungry for answers. The fact that the Cube may have been totally pointless still...um...frustrates me a bit. I didn't expect it to have a tidy ending but I was expecting 'some' explanation.

I read an interview that said "Nothing" has DH in it. Another big part, I read. So I'll try and locate that one too.

First time I've seen the supporting character having as many .... enthusiastic .... fans as the show hero (Sheppard). It's refreshing. I agree with some others on here that brains turn me on more than brawn (of course watching "Teal'c" moving around on Stargate is enjoyable, I'll admit).
                  Wow that sounds good way of getting lesser know films, shame that can't be done more. Anyway on Cube, you might want to use spoiler tag for that incase someone hasn't seen the film maybe...

The third cube film, Cube Zero, the prequel is apparently almost as good as the original - though no DH in it of course.

Nothing is fabulous, not to mention he couldn't get a bigger part unless it was a one man film

And um, secondary character? But McKay is one of the main ones! *pouts in good humour* But even despite that you're right, just take a look t the grodin or even Zelenka fans Bates has got a large following too.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                    Okay what was your favorite McKay moment from season 1? One dramatic and one comic.
                    Oh, I need to do two of each, because there can never be too many McKay moments!

Comic:
                    -The "shield testing" in Hide and Seek. (jeez, I've only proclaimed my love for this scene in three threads now...)
                    -Runner up: The scene in Hide and Seek where Elizabeth lights a candle, Rodney asks why, and she says it's going to get dark. He then looks bemused and turns on a flashlight, waving it around at her. So funny.

Oh, but I forgot all the funny scenes with him and the children in Childhood's End, sigh...

Dramatic:
                    -His reaction in Defiant One when
                    Spoiler:
                    Gaul kills himself

-Runner up: his report to Elizabeth at the end of Siege pt 1.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA
                      BTW: I loved your "Location"
                      yeah well, if rodney cant resist me, who am i to refuse?

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I'd have to agree with a lot of people here and for favourite comedy go for pretty much all of Hide and Seek, but especially the 'In-vul-ner-able' bit

Hmmm, I have a few for best dramatic moment, the bit where he stood in front of the gun in 'The Eye', in 'The Defiant One'
                        Spoiler:
                        when he was shooting at the Wraith to save Sheppard.
                        . And his report in 'The Siege part 1'
                        Spoiler:
                        to Elizabeth on Grodin's death.
                        Uncontrolled Destiny
                        My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Well, you're welcome to mine! Also, you can dig a bit on the internet and find some lovely screencaps that most creators will let you use if you ask politely.
                          thanks! i could do with a banner, i'm currently using a freewebs background and i think its time for a change.
                          if anyone is good at graphics then if you could help make an 'enter' page then that would be great! all i need is a good image, i'd make one but somethings up with my computer and i cant install anything.

sigpic

Comment

In-vul-nerable!
                            And also the scene where Sheppard throws him off the balcony! ROTFMAO!!!
                            And the scene where the sheild comes off!! aww! he's so sweet when he's cowardly!!
                            And when he found out he couldnt eat!
                            oh and dont forget this-
                            Peter: I'm thinking Mr Invincible
                            Carson: Captain Untouchable!
                            Peter: Ooh! thats a good one!

I could go on! i've seen that episode about 5/6 times now! i love it!

And dramatic has to be the scene in Seige part 1
                            Spoiler:
                            when Peter dies poor Rodney!
                            Last edited by iLemon; 12 April 2005, 01:26 AM.

sigpic

Comment

All of my screencaps are conveniently displayed in my (peanut) photo folder in the Yahoo weirmckayship group. You need to be a member to see them, but we don't bite, so don't worry.
                              Feel free to grab them from there, or I can email them over if you decide you want any.

Always willing to help out for a McKay website!

Comment

Just gonna point out over at TorriSquee Lj community there's some see behind the scenes clips of Torri with one where David's in it, though you do have to be a member to get to them I think.
                                http://www.livejournal.com/community...uee/39305.html

Comment

Working...
                                X