Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Well you can say I am stereotyping your nation (like I can talk) but I had a funny feeling booze might be involved somewhere.
    Hehe, somehow this is a stereotype that doesn't bother me as much as some of the others. And I think everyone is stereotyping other nations in one way or the other.

I just hope you don't think that we're a nation of drunkards.

*steals Arlessiar's clone*
    Hey! Now that does bother me! WTH? Do you think you have to act as a substitute for MG if she's not here? You learnt too much from her, it seems. Clone-stealing is a serious crime! If your own clone left you and you'd be all alone and in dire need of a Rodney-hug, then I'd maybe borrow you my clone for a while. Or if you owned a slash-Shep who's seriously love-deprived, then maybe my Rodney clone would drop by. But stealing it? What kind of friend are you? No, can't accept that. Give it back immediately! Or I might be forced to resort to violence. Like, ehhh, telling David Hewlett that you think that he's the worst actor in the world and that you detest balding men??

Bye, A.
    Last edited by Arlessiar; 09 April 2007, 04:30 AM.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
      I've to say, I was never very interested in pets and never liked cats and dogs that much,

Sorry. As a member of the veterinary profession, I have a hard time getting my head around this. I'm glad Mars changed your mind

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      The irony for me as an atheist is that I actually work for an evangelical Christian charity.
      LOL!!!! That's so hysterical!

And to keep this legal...

*sigh* He's just so pretty.
      "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625 View Post
        Sorry. As a member of the veterinary profession, I have a hard time getting my head around this. I'm glad Mars changed your mind
        Well, I like animals, and I'm ok with people having pets, it's just that I myself never really wanted to have a pet. So I wasn't very interested in dogs or cats. But Mars is so cute, that I'm actually reading "dog stuff" and news about him with great interest now. Btw, I always liked fish, I own a few goldfish in a pond, and maybe I'll buy an aquarium in the future, but that's about it, I guess. Don't have the time or the room for a dog, I fear.

Watched Aurora and The Hive again with Ma today. I just love Davd Hewlett's acting performance in The Hive, I'd so love to see all the other versions of 'Rodney the crazy drug addict' which they filmed! Apparantly DH delivered different versions of a hyped-up Rodney, and it would be interesting to see and compare them - and to admire his acting skills.

Bye, A.
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
          I just hope you don't think that we're a nation of drunkards.
          Nah...that'd be my nation

And a quote to that end from John Barrowman

In American accent while trying a cocktail on a cookery show "Oh this is lovely!"

takes a sip

In Scottish (Glaswegian) accent"This is luvvley...gie us mare...it's no full up tae the tap!"

sorry for the OT but I thought it was funny
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post

In American accent while trying a cocktail on a cookery show "Oh this is lovely!"

takes a sip

In Scottish (Glaswegian) accent"This is luvvley...gie us mare...it's no full up tae the tap!"

That is really funny

more OT:

Spoiler:
            I'm actually going to be moving to Scotland (Glasgow) soon for school for 5 years. Looking forward to it!

Thank god for the internet so I can keep up with all my Stargate/DH/McKay stuff!
            "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

OT

Yay Junebug! you'll be in my area! (I'm 25 or so miles from Glasgow)

when are you moving over? I'll have to give you the tour
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

OT

Yay Junebug! you'll be in my area! (I'm 25 or so miles from Glasgow)

when are you moving over? I'll have to give you the tour
                I PM'd you

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                  Watched Aurora and The Hive again with Ma today. I just love Davd Hewlett's acting performance in The Hive, I'd so love to see all the other versions of 'Rodney the crazy drug addict' which they filmed! Apparantly DH delivered different versions of a hyped-up Rodney, and it would be interesting to see and compare them - and to admire his acting skills.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...r/Rodney73.jpg

Bye, A.
                  (Left that pic in cos in a weird way, i like it. )

As soon as i heard that there were other versions of that scene on the commentary i thought "why the hell haven't they put it in the DVD extras!?!"

Really, the stargate DVD's have great extras but they missed the boat big time by not including deleted scenes and blooper reels.

takes a sip

Classic. Gotta love JB. though i was disappointed when he said (on Al Murray i think) that he was bullied for his Scottish accent when he moved to America and "beat" the bullies by dropping it and getting an American accent. Not really beating them then....
                  The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Hey guy OT and spoilering but brilliant news!!!!

Spoiler:

Joe M kept to his word at savecarsonbeckett. Carson will be in a few episode in S4!!!!! SPEEEEEEEEUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

I thought you all might be interested to know that the Stargate Fan Awards NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN!!!

[Permission to forward]

Attention Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis fans:

It's time once again to bring recognition to the best stories and
                      storytellers, the best artists, and the best vidders in the fandom.
                      Nominations for the 2007 Stargate Fan Awards are now open. They will be open
                      from April 9, 2007 and remain open until May 20, 2007. This includes
                      both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

We've made a few changes to the site. Check us out to see what we've
                      done. You'll be surprised.

http://www.stargatefanawards.com

First of all, sign up for an account! You will need to be registered
                      as an account holder in order to submit nominations and vote. It's
                      easy! Don't try to use an old login account from last year...it won't
                      work.

Once you are registered, browse through our "Site Directory". You can
                      find a link in the top navigation bar. Here, you will find the main
                      portion of the site's content including descriptions and definitions for
                      the 2007 genres, categories, and subcategories. Also, be sure to read
                      over the "Changes for 2007", our rules, and other nominating
                      information.

Don't forget to signup for our newsletter again. Even if you signed up
                      last year, you must sign up again to keep receiving newsletters during
                      2007. We promise to do a better job of issuing newsletters this year!

We've tried to place all important links in our top navigation bar.
                      You'll find links to our 2001-2006 archives, our Live Journal, and
                      others.

Don't forget to add our Live Journal to your "friends' list"!

Start nominating today! You must signup for an account on our site to
                      nominate! Once you do, just click the "Nominate Now!" link in the top
                      navigation bar to view the nomination submission form. You can only
                      put one nomination per form this year but you can nominate as many times
                      as you'd like!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the team at
                      [email protected]. For technical issues, please contact our
                      webmaster directly at [email protected].

Start nominating the "best of the best" now!

Yours,
                      The 2007 Stargate Fan Awards Team

"Recognizing, celebrating, and enjoying the creativity of the Stargate
                      fandom!"
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post

Spoiler:

Joe M kept to his word at savecarsonbeckett. Carson will be in a few episode in S4!!!!! SPEEEEEEEEUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't say it was brilliant news,
                        Spoiler:
                        I know many want Carson there in any way they can get him, but really this will call for either a huge "reset" which I was hoping SGA was done with or some really brilliant writing, which, I am unable to actually see SGA coming up with.

So yes for those who just want him there no matter what I can see why you would squee, but if it means some lame story arc or insane "suspension of disbelief" well I would rather not have him there.

Of course my opinion. And if this means an end to the SAVE stuff I am happy, unfortunately I think it will just add fuel to that particular fire.

I am sure David will be stoked to hear this.
                        Last edited by Willow'sCat; 10 April 2007, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Hey kids- Haven't been around for a while. Post convention let down? Spring? Who knows.

Anyhoo, all I have to add at this moment (And if you've already seen this, just ignore it) David has a great pic on his myspace (Space? What the heck do you kids call it?)

http://www.myspace.com/dhewlett

I'm not a dog fan, but Mars is a cutie. The man in the suit is not bad, either.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by im_meli
                          More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post

Spoiler:

Yay!!

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                            David has a great pic on his myspace (Space? What the heck do you kids call it?)

http://www.myspace.com/dhewlett

I'm not a dog fan, but Mars is a cutie. The man in the suit is not bad, either.
                            The link doesn't work for me. I can't even get to myspace's main page. Weird.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                              Yay!!
                              The link doesn't work for me. I can't even get to myspace's main page. Weird.
                              Odd- well I snerched for those who can't get on the site.

ADB not really spoiler at all, but putting under spoiler caps anyways
                              Spoiler:
                              Is that the same suite he wore in the movie? The sweater vest looks familiar. It looks like the one with the run in it.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by im_meli
                              More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                                Odd- well I snerched for those who can't get on the site.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ettMySpace.jpg

ADB not really spoiler at all, but putting under spoiler caps anyways
                                Spoiler:
                                Is that the same suite he wore in the movie? The sweater vest looks familiar. It looks like the one with the run in it.
                                Thanks Mercury!

re: ADB question
                                Spoiler:
                                yep, that's the same outfit. The pic looks to be part of the promo pics they made for the film.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Working...
                                X