No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM...do what your heart tells you. but it might not be a bad idea to try this place...and see how it goes...it would be some income for you...plus...then there wont be any regrets and what if's...try it on for size.

some further ADB pics...

Spoiler:

ahh Jane is one truly lucky woman!

Comment

ADB question- who here was with me at the second screening? Anyone? Bueller?

Another piccies- All spoilers for size.

Obligatory shot:
      Spoiler:

This one is blurry, but I love the flappy hands.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic
      Sig by im_meli
      More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
        OT - about Trader's

Just seen a load of Traders clips on You'reSued - sorry YouTube.

God i wish we got this show in Britain!! But what's the deal with Grant - is there something wrong with him or is he just eccentric?

Whatever, he is cute
        It is not off-topic to talk about Traders! And as far as I can tell from the eps I have he has some kind of weird TV land style "asperger syndrome or autism" or he is just a genius with a little too much of a caffeine addiction (sound like anyone else we know?)

The first season is on DVD but not sure if it is released in the UK, it isn't available in Australia.

Off-topic is PMs little problem. PM, depending on the work situation and your desperation for income (sadly for me income is often my prime concern) I would go with how you feel about working for these people. If it really seems to not be your thing, then don't do it.

I tend to take the job then regret it and leave. I am not the best person to give advice.

Wow great pics. Makes me very happy, jealous and sad all at the same time!

Only does he really look much thinner? I don't like talking about people's weight as it isn't what is important but I am not seeing it in these pics, he looks much the same to me *hawt!!!* We will see I guess in around 4 months?

Comment

Yea, you guys all helped me I am still going to search and seek and ye shall find I found out that a retail store is hiring and that kind of sparks my interest more so gonna try for that tomorrow
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
            Oh my, it seems the camery is pointing directly at you, pavane! Just imagine him watching his recordings and seeing you, maybe even full screen! Isn't that a nice thought? *g*
            Yeah, I noticed that. Very cool!

Glad everyone liked the pics. I hope to post more in the next few days.

Cindy, you got some great pics!

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            The cookies, aren't these the caramel waffles he's refering to in his website entry about the Rally? The ones he obviously got from a fan before because he said he got more of them at the rally. They gave him a sugar headache - and the fear to gain weight! I know these waffles and like them a lot.
            Those are the ones. I'd forgotten what they were.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            Trailer has also been posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evtbn7F7oQg
            Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
            This one is blurry, but I love the flappy hands.
            omg! Is he drinking more coffee! I think he was on a coffee high last weekend. He mentioned something at the con q&a about having a double espresso in a bowl (or something like that, my memory's fuzzy) on Saturday morning.

I was at the 10am screening to make it in time for the Lunch, which we were able to do btw. Everyone had already eaten their food by the time we arrived but the guests came out about 5 or 10 minutes after we got there. Talk about timing!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
              Trailer has also been posted here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evtbn7F7oQg
              Thanks for the link! I registered at Sanctuary, but in order to see the trailer you need Adobe Flash 9 installed. In order to install that, you need to have all your browser windows closed. I'm not ready for that, so I checked here and sure enough, someone knew an alternative.

You also have to have your display at least 1024. I have bad eyes and use an 800 display. I'm going to have to adjust my screen when I go to the Sanctuary site.

A little celebration of Sanctuary's site by Grant from Traders.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

thanks to cindyz and Mercury for the gorgeous piccies!!

And to watcher for the Traders shot.

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                It is not off-topic to talk about Traders! And as far as I can tell from the eps I have he has some kind of weird TV land style "asperger syndrome or autism" or he is just a genius with a little too much of a caffeine addiction (sound like anyone else we know?)

The first season is on DVD but not sure if it is released in the UK, it isn't available in Australia.
                Yay!! I didn't think it was OT, but wanted to be sure so i didn't annoy anyone.

Autism was my guess cos he's so good with numbers (remembering exact dates etc.) and cos he could see the "order in the chaos" of those projection simulations. And the fact he's not good at communicating with people. Plus the caffeine and chocolate wouldn't help matters!

It's not available in the UK (damned British TV never shows the good stuff), i'd have to get it off Amazon.com.
                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Squonk

...or you could email me?
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Six screen caps of David from the Sanctuary trailer (one's already been posted, but I'm reposting to keep them together). You know what's weird? This is from an official download (I'm pretty sure), but I can't find the download link where I got them from!

Spoilered for size.
                    Spoiler:

They all know we love David's hands, don't they! Looks like early Grant, with his hands and his general scruffiness.
                    Last edited by watcher652; 29 March 2007, 02:59 AM. Reason: screen caps, not photos

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

These are all caps from the trailer...there's been no official piccies of David's character

I'm looking for con reports, so here's the ones with piccies of David so far

http://amikbeaver.blogspot.com/2007/...4-2007_25.html
                      http://piplover.livejournal.com/112071.html
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                        Six photos of David from the Sanctuary trailer (one's already been posted, but I'm reposting to keep them together). You know what's weird? These are official (I'm pretty sure), but I can't find the download link where I got them from!

Spoilered for size.
                        Spoiler:

They all know we love David's hands, don't they! Looks like early Grant, with his hands and his general scruffiness.
                        What is he doing to him!?! It wasn't clear from the trailer though there seemed to be blood - but poor thing!

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                        These are all caps from the trailer...there's been no official piccies of David's character

I'm looking for con reports, so here's the ones with piccies of David so far

http://amikbeaver.blogspot.com/2007/...4-2007_25.html
                        http://piplover.livejournal.com/112071.html
                        thanks for the links - and e-mail sent (please excuse the incoherentness of it - not had anything to eat yet today so i'm a bit scatty - that and i've got an infected cut on my finger that's making me feel a bit weird!)
                        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          These are all caps from the trailer...there's been no official piccies of David's character.
                          I misspoke. Lack of sleep. I corrected my post.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                            What is he doing to him!?! It wasn't clear from the trailer though there seemed to be blood - but poor thing!
                            No idea what's happening in that scene, but pavane said that David is playing
                            Spoiler:
                            a murderer
                            in Sanctuary, so maybe there's a connection...

This is still one of my favourite moments of SGA. I loved John and Rodney's vigil, how they fell asleep, the way Rodney's curled up on that bed, how peaceful he looks - a bit like a little child. I so want to walk over to him and watch him sleep, to run my hand over his head and through his hair, to stroke his cheek lovingly, whispering, telling him to sleep peacefully and forget about the problems of the real world for a short while... *dreams*

Ah, the first season...at that time I didn't know so much about DH yet, and when I saw RM I mostly saw just RM, if you know what I mean. And I was still trying to figure this character out, trying to get to know him. And this was funny and interesting, and though I can't really explain it this process is the reason why the first season still feels special to me.

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Before I sleep, it´s one of my favorites, especially the Rodney-Shepp scenes

stragatecaps.com

I love the guilty expressions after Elizabeth´s "Gentlemen, focus"

I am leaving to one con tomorrow. Nothing big or famous, just typical Czech con, without actors but with great people, making programmes for each other I need this relax. I´ll be back on Monday. Take care

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                                I so want to walk over to him and watch him sleep, to run my hand over his head and through his hair, to stroke his cheek lovingly, whispering, telling him to sleep peacefully and forget about the problems of the real world for a short while... *dreams*
                                That's a bit creepy.

why the first season still feels special to me.
                                Well for me tptb actually knew what the frak they were doing, not just with the show but the characters.

Why does Photobucket keep changing their dam layout!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X