Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    The Game always feels like a S2 episode to me. I'm not sure why - it doesn't really make sense I suppose. But it does.
    Wow, it does to me, too! I feel like it should be shoved somewhere between Grace Under Pressure and The Tower. It follows the same vibe. especially with Tower for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Wow, it does to me, too! I feel like it should be shoved somewhere between Grace Under Pressure and The Tower. It follows the same vibe. especially with Tower for some reason
      Yes, exactly!
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Brilliant recap Eri!!! Well done!

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies!

Damn, I'm not here, and a whole lot of fun is had in my absence.

The Game! I find this episode to be an amusing bit of fluff that I never try to take seriously. It's filler, and I laughed my ass off at Reiko's description of how it ought to be shoved between Grace Under Pressure and The Tower. So true.

Elizabeth not getting Nola and Baden to see eye-to-eye in the very first session is, I think, realistic under the circumstances; of course it's not going to be easy to get them to agree on anything, and many of Elizabeth's previous negotiations back on Earth may have seemed like that to her at times. So I cut Binder a bit of slack on it... but only a little bit. What rankles me is that it seemed to have been written mainly for laughs, which seems to diminish Elizabeth's character. Well, at least he did write a scene where Elizabeth's doing, well, the job that got her command of SGC and later Atlantis in the first place. And there's that bookend line at the end where we learn that Elizabeth's still working with Baden and Nola, so it wasn't shoved under the rug and forgotten like some other writers might have done.

Speaking of Baden... David Dayan Fisher. Oh yes, his NCIS role is waaay better.

Lorne vs. Zelenka was a hoot! And what made it even better was that we get to see an off-duty side to them that we rarely see, since we normally see their characters only in crisis situations.

Sheppard vs. McKay. Same old, same old, this time about a computer game. It was amusing for the first five minutes, then got old really damn fast.

So all in all... it's mostly a fun episode, if you can remind yourself not to think about it. But yeah. This is where the downward slide begins.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Not sure if anyone has rec'd this vid, and if so, I apologize.
            But if not, it's really good (and sad).
            (spoilers for GiTM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_unI...s-set-the-fire
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
              (spoilers for GiTM)

Oh WOW! That is a fabulous vid! And you're right, it's sad! But it's so fitting for Angst!Day.

Thanks for sharing the link!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Daily Sparky Vote! tough competition. go go go!

1. John/Ronon vs Elizabeth/Daniel
                2. Carson/Laura vs John/Nancy
                3. Teyla/Ronon vs Rodney/Jennifer
                4. Teyla/Carson vs Teyla/Michael
                5. Elizabeth/Steven vs Rodney/Carson
                6. Rodney/Laura vs Jennifer/Evan
                7. Elizabeth/Carson vs Ronon/Jennifer
                8. John/Elizabeth vs John/Teyla
                9. Elizabeth/Ronon vs Evan/Laura
                10. Elizabeth/Rodney vs Elizabeth/Radek
                11. Teyla/Kate vs John/Vala
                12. Carson/Alison vs John/Rodney
                13. Chuck/Amelia vs Teyla/Kanaan
                14. Ronon/Sam vs Rodney/Katie
                15. John/Sam vs Ronon/Amelia
                16. Teyla/Rodney vs Teyla/Evan

Comment

Already cast my vote.

C'mon, Sparkies! It's time to step up and do your patriotic duty! VOTE SPARKY!!!!

Comment

Gosh... The Game... That's one of those eps that I only saw twice. Once when it was originally aired and once when I bought the DVD's. I don't remember much about it, so I don't really have an opinion about it right now. But from what I can remember, I agree with most of what everyone already said.
                    But thank you Eri, for the awesome caps. I think I'm just gonna see it again, so I at least remember a bit more about it

And everyone, please go vote for Sparky! It is a though competition.

Sig by me

Comment

Series: Stargate Atlantis
                      Couple: Sheppard/Weir
                      A/N: I've cut the song so its about 3 mins shorter than usual *lol*
                      Song: I'd do anything for Love - by Meat Loaf
                      Spoiler: up to 5x19 Vegas & Orig. Video to the Song

VIDEO HERE @ YOUTUBE!!

Download only available when requested!
                      Feedback is of course LOVE!

Comment

Hello guys - it's one day before my exam and I'm a wreck of nerves. This learning period I had was more or less successful, I wish I had more time, and certainly more willpower for this.... also, all the legal stuff I had to stomach definitely isn't my kind of thing..... so, the "mission most likely to end up badly is a go", or whatever the quote was. Rec me something fluffy to read? And cross your fingers for me tomorrow.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          (spoilers for GiTM)

That was so sad. I thought I'd had enough angst for a lifetime, but that was beautiful.

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                          http://pics.livejournal.com/torri012/pic/0008a7ys

VIDEO HERE @ YOUTUBE!!

That was amazing. Bug!John just fit perfectly into the scenes.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Hello guys - it's one day before my exam and I'm a wreck of nerves. This learning period I had was more or less successful, I wish I had more time, and certainly more willpower for this.... also, all the legal stuff I had to stomach definitely isn't my kind of thing..... so, the "mission most likely to end up badly is a go", or whatever the quote was. Rec me something fluffy to read? And cross your fingers for me tomorrow.
                          Exams! *runs in terror* All my appendages are crossed for you. Try this for fluff.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Exams are evil. I am trying not to think of it much and reading the wonderful fic you recced!
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Ah, good luck!! I can't make a fluffy fic rec, I'll leave that to abler readers-reccers, but I shall cross my appendages and pray, too. Good luck!
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post

VIDEO HERE @ YOUTUBE!!

Thank you for sharing...I like it so much!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks for Camy for the signature

Comment

Working...
                                X