No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted but only because of Reiko. Hey maybe if we boycott too and complain there will ANOTHER do over But we won't sometimes I think sparky shippers are too nice.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I voted out of respect for Reiko, because I do believe she had good intentions with regards to the game.

But to be honest, that's why I don't play the games here. People can get downright nasty over their favorite ships. And I hate to see that, because some of the people who are super shippers are really nice people on every subject BUT that one.

It's just a game. It doesn't mean Sparky (or Sheyla) are more or less beloved on the forums or by fans. People will draw lines, and many more will be forever unspoken on their favorite couples because they're not super fans (or super shippers). No one here speaks for the ships absolutely and no one will ever be able to measure their support completely. Especially now, with how the show has changed.
      *nods* That's certainly part of why I tried to stay out of the games at first. I finally gave it a go just to have a little bit of fun, but it sure isn't fun when some take it so seriously that they'll go out of their way to spoil others' fun when things don't go as they thought they should. And I think now that the show is officially on it's way out, the issue has become even more polarized. It seems like there's this feeling of "we've got X number of episodes left to make sure our ship is on top at the end!" Oh well, if chasing their tails is what floats their canoe... *shrugs*

I'm seeing this one through to the end, and then I'm out. I've got Sparky fanfiction to write.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay, it may be angst!day, but enough angst!

Remember this game? 100 reasons why Sparky is awesome?

#1 They have the matching eyes.
        #2 They are completely original.
        #3 They're always watching over each other.
        #4 They'll have beautiful children.
        #5 They finish each other's thoughts.
        #6 They care about each other.
        #7 They make grey BDUs look sexy.
        #8 They are both great leaders.
        #9 They go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
        #10 They take care of the people under their command.
        #11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.
        #12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.
        #13 Their chemistry is hot enough to melt a sun.
        #14 They mirror each other's body language!
        #15 They like to hang out on balconies together.
        #16 Their smiles can light up the entire city. Who needs a ZPM?
        #17 They angst about each other yet still manage to get the job done.
        #18 They can go from flirting with each other to mutually snarking an opponent into the floor at the drop of a hat.
        #19 They would personally risk everything for the sake of the other, but not their principles, no matter the cost.
        #20 Sparky is the obvious ship.
        #21 He cheers her up when she is down.
        #22 She is there for him even when he's turning into a big, ugly, blue bug.
        #23 He risks his life to save her without thought or hesitation.
        #24 He cries for her.
        #25 Her face lights up when he comes home alive.
        #26 He sits on her desk.
        #27 She sits by his side in the infirmary while he turns into a bug.
        #28 She fights to keep him as her second in command and he defends her honor.
        #29 The STARE.
        #30 He defends her when Woolsey questions her decisions.
        #31: She's with him and he's with her, either way or eye-ther way.
        #32: When her name is mentioned somewhere around him he gives a look that he still cares about her.
        #33: He understood that she wouldn't want to live as a machine.
        #34: She understood he would never want her to give in to Kolya's demands.
        #35 He found out when her birthday was so he could give her a surprise present.
        #36 She insisted he be promoted so he would still be military commander.
        #37 She entered the time field to help rescue him.
        #38: She took a chance by asking him on the expedition even though he had a black mark on his record.
        #39 They look cute lying on side-by-side beds in the infirmary wearing their matching patient scrubs.
        #40 They've turned saving each other into an art form.
        #41: They're so obvious everyone else notices.
        #42 He allowed himself to be possessed by an alien for her.
        #43 Though their ideals may sometimes conflict, they're always willing to listen to what the other has to say.
        #44. He knows she'll always say yes, but gives her the puppy eyes just in case
        #45 They're canon, despite everything and everyone.
        #46 They're old souls.
        #47 She forgot protocol to welcome him home.
        #48 He broke quarantine to save her. Twice.
        #49 They will always come home to each other.
        #50 They're both hopeless romantics
        #51 She has an instinct for knowing when he's gotten into trouble so that she can have a rescue team standing by.
        #52 He tries not to fly into her favourite buildings.

#53 War and Peace. Tolstoy didn't know the half of it.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          *flails like mad* OMFG! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that one!
          Glad you liked. You'll be pleased to know, (Chapter one It Takes Two) has been completed in full and is now live on FF.
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
            Glad you liked. You'll be pleased to know, (Chapter one It Takes Two) has been completed in full and is now live on FF.
            OMFG!
            Spoiler:
            Someone tried to shoot the Doctor? That accident caused the accident that killed Lizzie's dad? Eeeeek! And just how did Lizzie know who and what the Doctor is? Oh, what a tangled web we weave!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              I voted but only because of Reiko. Hey maybe if we boycott too and complain there will ANOTHER do over But we won't sometimes I think sparky shippers are too nice.
              Dang, I thought we were evil. Gotta work on that.

*nods* That's certainly part of why I tried to stay out of the games at first. I finally gave it a go just to have a little bit of fun, but it sure isn't fun when some take it so seriously that they'll go out of their way to spoil others' fun when things don't go as they thought they should. And I think now that the show is officially on it's way out, the issue has become even more polarized. It seems like there's this feeling of "we've got X number of episodes left to make sure our ship is on top at the end!" Oh well, if chasing their tails is what floats their canoe... *shrugs*

I'm seeing this one through to the end, and then I'm out. I've got Sparky fanfiction to write.
              Most of the games are fun and I like to play when I have the time. Where else can you feed someone to a wraith with the help of other like-minded fans? As far as the rest, well, we all know what's what, so, 'nuff said.

I've got Sparky to write too. I need inspiration for my secret santa fic. Maybe I'll watch some S1-S3 this weekend...
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                Dang, I thought we were evil. Gotta work on that.
                Yeah, we're supposed to be the evil sneaky ones who are high on mushrooms and snorting fine wine!

Most of the games are fun and I like to play when I have the time. Where else can you feed someone to a wraith with the help of other like-minded fans? As far as the rest, well, we all know what's what, so, 'nuff said.
                Feed someone to a Wraith, blow someone out an airlock, kick someone off the central tower... there's just no end to the possibilities.

Oh yes, 'nuff said indeed.

I've got Sparky to write too. I need inspiration for my secret santa fic. Maybe I'll watch some S1-S3 this weekend...
                Classic Atlantis. Plenty of good material for inspiration.

Comment

I'll give you an honest answer. I feel like an absolute pushover for giving in.

But, the thing is? I don't think we, as Saprky shippers, need any kind of validation like that. I like playing and winning those games, I think everybody does but after this fiasco everybody (some more than others of course ) needs to step back and realise it's just a frakking game!

Sparky wins anyways. I also say I finish out the original round. Then we can have two winners. Though I suppose some wont be fine with that either...

I'm goign to go write ficcies and art now.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

But, the thing is? I don't think we, as Saprky shippers, need any kind of validation like that. I like playing and winning those games, I think everybody does but after this fiasco everybody (some more than others of course ) needs to step back and realise it's just a frakking game!

Sparky wins anyways. I also say I finish out the original round. Then we can have two winners. Though I suppose some wont be fine with that either...

Sweetie, you know what I think, so I'll just add: *HUG*

Feed someone to a Wraith, blow someone out an airlock, kick someone off the central tower... there's just no end to the possibilities.
                    Good times...
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

*hugs Reiko*

A tie would've been perfectly acceptable to me, and I think a lot of us here would agree with that. But I guess some people never learned how to share with the other kids.

And of course Sparky wins anyway! Simply by existing, by enduring and thriving, Sparky wins. After all, we're pesky.

Good times...
                      The Sparky thread... where coming up with creative ways to get rid of enemies has been elevated to an art form.

Comment

*Hugs Reiko* Man was it getting hot in there.

Dropping off a Christmas wallpaper I made. It's not the best, but when I saw the fireplace brush, I couldn't resist making it.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

And for everybody, thanks for letting me come and play in the Sparky thread! I enjoy everyone's company in here and I thank you for being such wonderful people.

*goes off to eat LOTS of food*
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hey guys! *waves* I miss you all!

Reiko I went there, voted and made trouble. Anyone wants to give me a big fat red? http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=987
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, Sparkies! I shall eat lots of turkey and watch football in John's honor today!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Hey guys! *waves* I miss you all!

Reiko I went there, voted and made trouble. Anyone wants to give me a big fat red? http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=987
                              Hah! I tried to give you green, but apparently I need to give out more green to others before I can give some more to you. So, MENTAL GREEN!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X