Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yup, CoW is definitely a very close #2 on my list as well. Blood Ties is also pretty good for giving Lizzie a meatier role in events.

Sneaking around in all those darkened hallways with all those convenient alcoves and rooms to duck into for a quick snog.

What? You were all thinking the same thing! LOL!

Anyway, it's getting late out here in California, so I'm off to bed and some pleasant Sparky dreams of my own! See you tomorrow! *waves*
    We? Elizabeth herself did! Remember her super flirty "Either way...."?

Nice sweet dreams to you, SK! *huggles*
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I'm back! Briefly.. but alas back.. sorry I missed Post A Thon.... damnit I'm getting slack in my sparky attendance... I shall try to improve!

Meanwhile.. I'm also trying to work on chapter 6 of my fic

Comment

Any of the novels by Sonny Whitelaw and Elizabeth Christensen are great.
        Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        *sighs happily* I love Mirror Mirror. That's probably at the top of the list of SGA novels I've read. Oh, and Probie, I also recommend Casualties of War. The prologue is full of lovely Sparky angst, and Elizabeth actually has a decent sized part in it.
        Yup, CoW is definitely a very close #2 on my list as well. Blood Ties is also pretty good for giving Lizzie a meatier role in events.
        The list is:
        - The Chosen
        - Exogenesis
        - Mirror, Mirror
        - Blood Ties
        - Casualties of War

I don't have "The official companion" of season 3 and 4.
        If I want all this, I have to find money.... Someone wants to buy my mom?lol
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good luck finding Exogenesis.. I've been trying to get hold of it for months, its out of print and second hand copies are as dear as buggery!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Goodmorning Sparkies

I know I was

It's just amazing to see how many times they stand in a dark corner or come walking out of a dark corridor... Made me grin every time
            And Rodney acts like he's been looking for them and says, "oh, there you are". Heh.

Canon Sparky my friends. Canon Sparky.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
              Good luck finding Exogenesis.. I've been trying to get hold of it for months, its out of print and second hand copies are as dear as buggery!
              I saw this. I don't find this book. I think I will buy Mirror, Mirror, Casualties of War and "Blood Ties" first. Maybe one day I will be lucky and find "Exogenesis".
              sigpic

Comment

Today Sanctuary:

Space/Jumper
                They are attacked by The Wraith. The darts are destroyed by the electricity coming from the planet.
                “MCKAY: So just to confirm we're all still definitely not dead. / TEYLA: I feel very much alive.”: Stupid Mckay. David is hilarious in this scene. “I got nothing to conclude. I'm just...talking for the sake of talking » Yeah, We noticed that.
                Maybe there is a ZPM on this planet. My mom doesn’t know what is it. I have to explain to her. The only thing she understands is John and Elizabeth must to be together.lol
                Planet:
                Trees…trees…trees…
                It must be hard to find names of villages and people…Zarah…Proculus…Athar…
                John’s team and Zarah are sit at a table.
                Rodney is hilarious again “MCKAY: Of course. *puts hands up* Hi Athar”
                Teyla is great in this scene. People of Proculus don’t know the Wraith.
                “MCKAY: I'm always on my best behavior” Of course Rodney, we believe you.lol
                After trees, we have a field. No doubt It’s a Stargate episode again.lol
                They meet Chaya.
                Love at first sight. John is in love. Don’t forget Elizabeth! My mom said “I have to say that Chaya is a beautiful woman but hey John…You have a woman in Atlantis who waits for you.”
                Chaya’s garden:
                Tea time. She wants to know who are the Wraith. Teyla and john ask her help.
                Rodney is …Rodney.lol “SHEPPARD: *whispers* Rodney. Best behavior. / MCKAY: This is as good as it gets, Major” He is annoyed by Chaya and Sheppard.
                Chaya is in love. She will talk to Athar. Liar.lol
                Later
                Chaya announces to the team that Athar can’t protect all people in this galaxy. I have to say that I love Rodney in this scene and his line “You're hiding behind your religion to justify your complete and utter selfishness” is sometimes very true in the real world.
                John defends Chaya. No, you do this only for Elizabeth. Stupid John. Lol
                Bye Rodney.
                Chaya wants to go to Atlantis.
                Atlantis:
                Chaya and Weir in the scene room. A fight?
                « Weir : Of course he has.” She smiles at him but deep inside , she’s pissed and thinks “You’ll see tonight in our room. You will regret that”.lol
                Infirmery:
                Carson has always something nice to say. I love him.
                John enters. Chaya is exited and my mom said “Look, he offers his arm. He’s a gentleman. It’s a shame, he did this for the wrong person if you know what I mean.” Oh yes mom, I know what you mean. Elizabeth will kick his ass.
                Corridor:
                Chaya and Sheppard are talking and my mom said “Don’t touch his shoulder, miss. It’s not yours.”
                “JOHN: we thought what we would find here would be worth the risk. /CHAYA: And is it?/ SHEPPARD: So far”
                Of course, he met his future wife and I don’t talk about you Chaya.lol
                Infirmary:
                Chaya is too healthy and it’s not normal.
                Balcony scene:
                My mom tells “How John dares to go to the balcony with Chaya? It’s the balcony of John and Elizabeth.” She activates a machine? She has the gene.

TBC
                sigpic

Comment

ok Promises to Keep - Chapter 5.. not overly happy with it.. but alas... a rough draft.

Spoiler:
                  They’d tried the gentler approach at first, demanding to be told what the device was and how it operated, yelling and screaming at her to intimidate her into speaking. She remained resolutely silent, clinging to the thought that if she stretched this out as long as she could, John would come and rescue her like he always did. They’d tried for a good half an hour with the verbal assault, to the point where she thought her ears would explode. To their credit they hadn’t touched her physically. Not yet anyways. As she cowered on the stinking blanket trying to keep warm, bitterly aware that the shivering making her teeth chatter would only probably get worse.

She could hear the footsteps approaching the door again, slow deliberate steps as though they were going to enjoy what they were about to do. With a small shake of her head she mentally braced herself for another onslaught, knowing that there was no way they’d stop at simple verbal assault. The footsteps stopped outside the door, pausing for a moment whilst the rattle of keys and the heavy bolt being draw back allowed the door to be opened. Again they advanced, this time with a menacing look on their faces.

“ Tell us how to operate the device Dr Weir, and you’ll live to see another morning” The slightly taller one threatened, expecting Elizabeth to cower further against the blanket. Instead she rose up to meet him, holding herself tall and proud as if to insult him further. Her broken ankle ached under the weight, but thankfully held. Thank goodness for small mercies.

“ Go to hell” She swore in his face, knowing she would pay for her insolence.

“ You want hell, you’ll get hell” He retorted, smiling at her discomfort as the other closed in behind her. He expected nothing physical from her, a few misplaced punches or scratches at the most perhaps. Thanks to John’s training however, Elizabeth packed more than a few punches and a kick to the groin that would leave him unable to think about procreation for a very long time. The reprisal was swift and painful, and would leave her bruised for weeks if not months. To her credit she never uttered a sound as they pummeled her both with their hands and feet, biting her lip to the point where it bled to contain the cry she could feel building within her throat. They thankfully grew tired of their new sport, leaving her on the floor where she’d fallen, retreating to lick their own wounds and pride. Teetering on the verge of unconsciousness she paused for a moment to consider the advantages of falling into the black abyss, to let the emptiness envelope her and take away the pain. It would be welcoming, but then again they could return and do horrible things whilst she was out, and that she had no intention of allowing to happen. Carefully and methodically she picked herself up off the cold hard crew, nursing the many aches that plagued her body. The casts on her arm and ankle had cracked when she’d fallen, jolting the raw nerve endings around the breaks as though they’d just happened again. There went 3 weeks of immobilization and bone regrowth down the drain. Thankfully the casts had remained mostly intact though, providing at least some semblance of support to her body. She waited, nursed her hurts and rebuilt her mental resilience in the time that she had. It wouldn’t be long before they came to try something else, and she hated to think what that something else might be.

True to Elizabeth’s musing, the brutes returned not long after, somewhat surprised to see her standing albeit shakily.

“ Tell us how to operate the device” He threatened one more time, his eyes as hard as flint as his companion, still compensating slightly from Elizabeth’s kick, entered carrying a sealed jar.

Something in the jar squealed, its high pitched utterance something Elizabeth would never ever forget.

A gould.

She tried to step back, her body betraying her steely mind but she overbalanced, her broken ankle shifting slightly within the cast and sending her tumbling to the floor, unable to catch herself. She grunted as she hit the deck, the impact sending waves of pain through her body. Strong arms grabbed her shoulders and hauled her over, flattening her onto her back and pinning her there despite her struggles. Her wild eyes couldn’t see the squirming creature as it was removed from the jar but she could hear its squeals of delight as it saw its new host. It was held in front of her eyes in a menacing delight as they paused to savour the moment.

“ Last chance Dr Weir”

“ Go to hell” She spat, trying in vain to struggle free.

“ Have it your way” He leered, dropping the gould on her chest and watching it arch in front of her eyes.

This time, she couldn’t stop the scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Today Sanctuary:

Space/Jumper
                    They are attacked by The Wraith. The darts are destroyed by the electricity coming from the planet.
                    “MCKAY: So just to confirm we're all still definitely not dead. / TEYLA: I feel very much alive.”: Stupid Mckay. David is hilarious in this scene. “I got nothing to conclude. I'm just...talking for the sake of talking » Yeah, We noticed that.
                    Maybe there is a ZPM on this planet. My mom doesn’t know what is it. I have to explain to her. The only thing she understands is John and Elizabeth must to be together.lol
                    Planet:
                    Trees…trees…trees…
                    It must be hard to find names of villages and people…Zarah…Proculus…Athar…
                    John’s team and Zarah are sit at a table.
                    Rodney is hilarious again “MCKAY: Of course. *puts hands up* Hi Athar”
                    Teyla is great in this scene. People of Proculus don’t know the Wraith.
                    “MCKAY: I'm always on my best behavior” Of course Rodney, we believe you.lol
                    After trees, we have a field. No doubt It’s a Stargate episode again.lol
                    They meet Chaya.
                    Love at first sight. John is in love. Don’t forget Elizabeth! My mom said “I have to say that Chaya is a beautiful woman but hey John…You have a woman in Atlantis who waits for you.”
                    Chaya’s garden:
                    Tea time. She wants to know who are the Wraith. Teyla and john ask her help.
                    Rodney is …Rodney.lol “SHEPPARD: *whispers* Rodney. Best behavior. / MCKAY: This is as good as it gets, Major” He is annoyed by Chaya and Sheppard.
                    Chaya is in love. She will talk to Athar. Liar.lol
                    Later
                    Chaya announces to the team that Athar can’t protect all people in this galaxy. I have to say that I love Rodney in this scene and his line “You're hiding behind your religion to justify your complete and utter selfishness” is sometimes very true in the real world.
                    John defends Chaya. No, you do this only for Elizabeth. Stupid John. Lol
                    Bye Rodney.
                    Chaya wants to go to Atlantis.
                    Atlantis:
                    Chaya and Weir in the scene room. A fight?
                    « Weir : Of course he has.” She smiles at him but deep inside , she’s pissed and thinks “You’ll see tonight in our room. You will regret that”.lol
                    Infirmery:
                    Carson has always something nice to say. I love him.
                    John enters. Chaya is exited and my mom said “Look, he offers his arm. He’s a gentleman. It’s a shame, he did this for the wrong person if you know what I mean.” Oh yes mom, I know what you mean. Elizabeth will kick his ass.
                    Corridor:
                    Chaya and Sheppard are talking and my mom said “Don’t touch his shoulder, miss. It’s not yours.”
                    “JOHN: we thought what we would find here would be worth the risk. /CHAYA: And is it?/ SHEPPARD: So far”
                    Of course, he met his future wife and I don’t talk about you Chaya.lol
                    Infirmary:
                    Chaya is too healthy and it’s not normal.
                    Balcony scene:
                    My mom tells “How John dares to go to the balcony with Chaya? It’s the balcony of John and Elizabeth.” She activates a machine? She has the gene.

TBC
                    But it wasn't the same balcony. That's all that saves John. Don't worry Mom, he makes a face after this whenever Rodney mentions his attraction to "ancient women".

ok Promises to Keep - Chapter 5.. not overly happy with it.. but alas... a rough draft.

Spoiler:
                    They’d tried the gentler approach at first, demanding to be told what the device was and how it operated, yelling and screaming at her to intimidate her into speaking. She remained resolutely silent, clinging to the thought that if she stretched this out as long as she could, John would come and rescue her like he always did. They’d tried for a good half an hour with the verbal assault, to the point where she thought her ears would explode. To their credit they hadn’t touched her physically. Not yet anyways. As she cowered on the stinking blanket trying to keep warm, bitterly aware that the shivering making her teeth chatter would only probably get worse.

She could hear the footsteps approaching the door again, slow deliberate steps as though they were going to enjoy what they were about to do. With a small shake of her head she mentally braced herself for another onslaught, knowing that there was no way they’d stop at simple verbal assault. The footsteps stopped outside the door, pausing for a moment whilst the rattle of keys and the heavy bolt being draw back allowed the door to be opened. Again they advanced, this time with a menacing look on their faces.

“ Tell us how to operate the device Dr Weir, and you’ll live to see another morning” The slightly taller one threatened, expecting Elizabeth to cower further against the blanket. Instead she rose up to meet him, holding herself tall and proud as if to insult him further. Her broken ankle ached under the weight, but thankfully held. Thank goodness for small mercies.

“ You want hell, you’ll get hell” He retorted, smiling at her discomfort as the other closed in behind her. He expected nothing physical from her, a few misplaced punches or scratches at the most perhaps. Thanks to John’s training however, Elizabeth packed more than a few punches and a kick to the groin that would leave him unable to think about procreation for a very long time. The reprisal was swift and painful, and would leave her bruised for weeks if not months. To her credit she never uttered a sound as they pummeled her both with their hands and feet, biting her lip to the point where it bled to contain the cry she could feel building within her throat. They thankfully grew tired of their new sport, leaving her on the floor where she’d fallen, retreating to lick their own wounds and pride. Teetering on the verge of unconsciousness she paused for a moment to consider the advantages of falling into the black abyss, to let the emptiness envelope her and take away the pain. It would be welcoming, but then again they could return and do horrible things whilst she was out, and that she had no intention of allowing to happen. Carefully and methodically she picked herself up off the cold hard crew, nursing the many aches that plagued her body. The casts on her arm and ankle had cracked when she’d fallen, jolting the raw nerve endings around the breaks as though they’d just happened again. There went 3 weeks of immobilization and bone regrowth down the drain. Thankfully the casts had remained mostly intact though, providing at least some semblance of support to her body. She waited, nursed her hurts and rebuilt her mental resilience in the time that she had. It wouldn’t be long before they came to try something else, and she hated to think what that something else might be.

True to Elizabeth’s musing, the brutes returned not long after, somewhat surprised to see her standing albeit shakily.

“ Tell us how to operate the device” He threatened one more time, his eyes as hard as flint as his companion, still compensating slightly from Elizabeth’s kick, entered carrying a sealed jar.

Something in the jar squealed, its high pitched utterance something Elizabeth would never ever forget.

A gould.

She tried to step back, her body betraying her steely mind but she overbalanced, her broken ankle shifting slightly within the cast and sending her tumbling to the floor, unable to catch herself. She grunted as she hit the deck, the impact sending waves of pain through her body. Strong arms grabbed her shoulders and hauled her over, flattening her onto her back and pinning her there despite her struggles. Her wild eyes couldn’t see the squirming creature as it was removed from the jar but she could hear its squeals of delight as it saw its new host. It was held in front of her eyes in a menacing delight as they paused to savour the moment.

“ Last chance Dr Weir”

“ Have it your way” He leered, dropping the gould on her chest and watching it arch in front of her eyes.

I liked the twist. It's hard to write angsty exposition. You did a good job. We can feel what Elizabeth is going through.
                    sigpic

Comment

Briefing room:
                      Elizabeth wants to negotiate with Chaya. My mom says “Sheppard can’t stop looking at Chaya. He looks stupid.lol”
                      They flirt front of Elizabeth. She’s behind John and I can imagine her giving him a slap on his head and telling him to concentrate.lol
                      « SHEPPARD: Hinduism... Kwanzaa » I like the look between John and Elizabeth when he says that.
                      Control room:
                      Nothing to say except that Rodney has good lines.
                      “MCKAY: Oh...I'm sure he is. / GRODIN: Not entirely for the reasons you think. Doctor Weir asked him to. / MCKAY: I'm sure she did.” I don’t know how to interpret this line.
                      Corridor:
                      Nice scene between Teyla and John.
                      “SHEPPARD: Doctor Weir wanted me to make sure that Chaya saw everything.”
                      Chaya wants to see you naked, John and I think Elizabeth will be not happy.
                      “I'm an ambassador and she is a... diplomat” He’s talking about Elizabeth.
                      I love Teyla in this scene because she teases John.
                      South-west pier
                      My mom said “John is a romantic. This man is perfect.”
                      SHEPPARD about food: “Well we manage to pull ourselves away somehow” John,You forget Rodney.
                      Kirk is troubled by Chaya.
                      And…The kiss
                      Corridor:
                      Rodney and John fight…again. Chaya sees that Rodney doesn’t like her.
                      Control room:“McKAY: I'm *Mr* Discreet!” Very funny. The look of Elizabeth when he says that it’s just fabulous.
                      Briefing room:
                      Mr Discreet in action.lol My mom said, when Chaya touches the hand of John, “Can she stop touching him please? I will do the same think if I was her but it’s not a reason…lol”
                      She understands Rodney's plan and John is not happy.
                      Rodney defends Elizabeth.
                      Chaya is an ancient.
                      This passage is funny “SHEPPARD: Why did you come here? /CHAYA: You, John. /SHEPPARD: Me? /CHAYA: I have lived in solitude for so long that when you asked me to come to Atlantis, I ... /McKAY: Oh my God, he is Kirk! /SHEPPARD: This was never about, uh ... (He looks at the others.) Could we just have a moment to ourselves here? /WEIR, McKAY and TEYLA (simultaneously): No!”
                      Chaya senses that her people are attacked by the Wraith. She goes back there. John follows her. She kills all the Darts.
                      Planet:
                      I love her dress. They share a special moment. I don’t know how to call this.lol
                      Conclusion:
                      Some hints of Sparky in a good story. My mom and I like Chaya. We learn that John is a romantic.

The end.

Perhaps, I will do "Before I sleep" today but I'm not sure.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Briefing room:
                        Elizabeth wants to negotiate with Chaya. My mom says “Sheppard can’t stop looking at Chaya. He looks stupid.lol”
                        They flirt front of Elizabeth. She’s behind John and I can imagine her giving him a slap on his head and telling him to concentrate.lol
                        « SHEPPARD: Hinduism... Kwanzaa » I like the look between John and Elizabeth when he says that.
                        Control room:
                        Nothing to say except that Rodney has good lines.
                        “MCKAY: Oh...I'm sure he is. / GRODIN: Not entirely for the reasons you think. Doctor Weir asked him to. / MCKAY: I'm sure she did.” I don’t know how to interpret this line.
                        Corridor:
                        Nice scene between Teyla and John.
                        “SHEPPARD: Doctor Weir wanted me to make sure that Chaya saw everything.”
                        Chaya wants to see you naked, John and I think Elizabeth will be not happy.
                        “I'm an ambassador and she is a... diplomat” He’s talking about Elizabeth.
                        I love Teyla in this scene because she teases John.
                        South-west pier
                        My mom said “John is a romantic. This man is perfect.”
                        SHEPPARD about food: “Well we manage to pull ourselves away somehow” John,You forget Rodney.
                        Kirk is troubled by Chaya.
                        And…The kiss
                        Corridor:
                        Rodney and John fight…again. Chaya sees that Rodney doesn’t like her.
                        Control room:“McKAY: I'm *Mr* Discreet!” Very funny. The look of Elizabeth when he says that it’s just fabulous.
                        Briefing room:
                        Mr Discreet in action.lol My mom said, when Chaya touches the hand of John, “Can she stop touching him please? I will do the same think if I was her but it’s not a reason…lol”
                        She understands Rodney's plan and John is not happy.
                        Rodney defends Elizabeth.
                        Chaya is an ancient.
                        This passage is funny “SHEPPARD: Why did you come here? /CHAYA: You, John. /SHEPPARD: Me? /CHAYA: I have lived in solitude for so long that when you asked me to come to Atlantis, I ... /McKAY: Oh my God, he is Kirk! /SHEPPARD: This was never about, uh ... (He looks at the others.) Could we just have a moment to ourselves here? /WEIR, McKAY and TEYLA (simultaneously): No!”
                        Chaya senses that her people are attacked by the Wraith. She goes back there. John follows her. She kills all the Darts.
                        Planet:
                        I love her dress. They share a special moment. I don’t know how to call this.lol
                        Conclusion:
                        Some hints of Sparky in a good story. My mom and I like Chaya. We learn that John is a romantic.

The end.

Perhaps, I will do "Before I sleep" today but I'm not sure.
                        Sanctuary did indeed prove that John is a romantic. It also proved, for the first time and definitely not the last, that he and Teyla are just friends because she seems perfectly fine with Chaya. The Liz/John situation is a bit stickier at this point. I don't think they had realized their relationship might become more. Essentially, this was a badly written episode with almost everyone out of character. It set John up as the "Kirk" of Atlantis which we all know just isn't true.

Until S4 this was the "episode that will not be named". LOL Then S4 and S5 were pretty much all unnamed. Ha.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

A gould.

“ Last chance Dr Weir”

Poor Elizabeth. Where is John?
                          I can't wait to see the next chapter. A wonderful story.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Sanctuary did indeed prove that John is a romantic. It also proved, for the first time and definitely not the last, that he and Teyla are just friends because she seems perfectly fine with Chaya. The Liz/John situation is a bit stickier at this point. I don't think they had realized their relationship might become more. Essentially, this was a badly written episode with almost everyone out of character. It set John up as the "Kirk" of Atlantis which we all know just isn't true.

Until S4 this was the "episode that will not be named". LOL Then S4 and S5 were pretty much all unnamed. Ha.
                          The only thing that I will say is
                          sigpic

Comment

I think we need some Sparky fun. I found this old bit in my photobucket.

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I think we need some Sparky fun. I found this old bit in my photobucket.

Spoiler:
                              *snickers*

Spoiler:
                              An errand? What would you like me to get for you?
                              Some of those lovely scented bath salts from the trading market would be nice.
                              Oooh, those are nice. I'll get some of those massage oils too. And some of those not-quite strawberries and fruit wine.
                              Why John, are you suggesting we take a day off and spend it in our love nest?
                              Nothing but the best for the woman I love.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

*snickers*

Spoiler:
                                An errand? What would you like me to get for you?
                                Some of those lovely scented bath salts from the trading market would be nice.
                                Oooh, those are nice. I'll get some of those massage oils too. And some of those not-quite strawberries and fruit wine.
                                Why John, are you suggesting we take a day off and spend it in our love nest?
                                Nothing but the best for the woman I love.
                                *snicker*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X