Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great sig wormwhole.
    sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
    My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
    http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
    Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! *waves*

I'm back from my trip (been back since Saturday), but my internet connection has been an absolutely slow PITA, so I haven't been able to catch up on the goings-on here at GW yet. My ISP is sending out a technician on Thursday, so hopefully everything will be fixed in time for me to host our next episodic post-a-thon this coming Sunday. 'Cause darnit, I need a fix of some old skool Sparky!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

1) Sateda presents Ronon's backstory very clearly. Did it answer all the questions you have about his past?

My questions about his past were more along the lines of 'oh god, am i going to have to fast forward the entire episode' variety. I tend to think backstory, especially on a character such as Ronon, is the ultimate bain of a sci fi show. How will it change anything. All we learnt was that he had a wife - the rest was unsurprising.

Ronon's quite two dimensional in that respect. While I do like the character (it sounds like i don't) at his core he is no different in s5 than he was in s2. In fact he seems to have regressed backwards. I think it is his wig. I'm reminded of that halloween ep of The Simpsons when Homer gets Snake's hair & it starts to infect his brain.....

2) Do you think Ronon's softened up from his days as a Runner?

That's a difficult question. Most people soften with age. I don't think Ronon is any different. When he's threatened, he reverts back to his default setting. He still has trouble expressing any emotion, other than those random hugs he seems to dish out.

3) Based on the flashbacks, what type of man do you believe Ronon was as a Satedan and a soldier? How much has he changed from Satedan to Runner to Atlantis member?

It seems to me he has shut himself off emotionally. While he is friends (or more) with members of the expedition, I doubt he is as close to them as he was with his own people. Its my interpretation that he seems to be surprised with how close he has allowed himself to become to them, when he is trying not to be (I'm talking about in terms of the run of the series, not this ep in particular)

4) Elizabeth unequivocally goes with John's orders during this episode. She offers no counter-argument to anything he does, and approves all his decisions. Why do you think this is?

In terms of production, perhaps she did but it was edited out, as ultimately they were going to get him anyway so it is somewhat irrelevant. I think there's an element of trust now. If you compare the situation to Rising (with Sumner) they argued partly because she didn't comprehend the seriousness of the situation, and because she had had no history upon which to judge the situation. I think she has more of an understanding now of both John and the military, and probably figured that ultimately he wouldn't put people in harms way without cause. Plus she agrees with him and wants Ronon back

5) Caldwell snaps rather harshly at Elizabeth about 'not lecturing him about leaving people behind'. What do you think prompted this reaction?

Possibly its because their last scene together involved her telling him he needed to sacrifice himself, the deadalus and the lives of the crew to stop the hive getting to earth. Considering that the ship is undergoing repair, he probably is a little miffed that he has to go out to get just one person.

Plus someone has to be the ass in the ep, and TPTW decided this time it had to be him.

6) In Teyla's scene with John on the Daedalus, she mentions that he and 'Doctor Weir' have accepted she and Ronon where others have not. What others is she talking of, and where have you seen the bias she references? Is her point valid?

In the context of the previous scene when they question whether Caldwell would be so reluctant to go if it were a member of Earth's military, then I guess there is some basis (which is why I have a problem with that scene. It doesn't play that way. It plays that the Deadalus is broken & Caldwell doesn't want to kill 100 people to save 1). Other than that I cant see any.

7) What did you think of Melena? What type of person did you gather she was from Ronon's memories?

Flammable? *runs*

Submissive & caring to balance out his gruff & macho

8) Did Carson and Rodney's bantering fit in this episode? Were you glad for the slightly more comedic element, or was it too much?

Yes. Perhaps if I were more interested in the A story I might have a problem, but for once, I appreciated all the bickering.

9) I mentioned I disliked the ending of Sateda--how did you feel it ended? Was it enough for you?

Random huggles? ORO? Carson shooting the Wraith was unexpected. I'd have thought it'd be John, or Teyla.

It'd have made more sense if the ep had ended in the Deadalus, with the team moment there instead of the jumper. Then Elizabeth could be there too. Or maybe not. Apparently only Woolsey gets to go on the ships /snark

10) How does Ronon thank everyone after he's back on Atlantis? What does he say to Sheppard, Weir and Rodney?

Shep: prolly a sparring match where he beats the crap out of him, then apologises at the end, thanking him for coming after him. Then they never speak of it again

Weir: I could see him coming to her office, trying to say thank you etc, getting half of it out, her knowing what he is trying to say and understanding. It would probably be not too dissimilar to the Shep/Teyla scene earlier in the ep.

Rodney: hooks him up with a date. Of course it fails miserably. Rodney appreciates the gesture, but would have been just as happy with a giant bowl of food
        Last edited by gateraid; 09 September 2008, 05:27 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Woohoo!!! Got my Sheppard and Weir action figures yesterday!!! They're awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
            Woohoo!!! Got my Sheppard and Weir action figures yesterday!!! They're awesome!!!
            I see that playing with dolls is never getting old

Comment

Well, I've finally gotten through all of the posts I missed while on vacay... damn, you people have been busy!

Eri, I'm definitely interested in that Sheppard and Football fic; being a diehard USC fan, I fully understand his obsession.

Hmm, and I like the idea that Elizabeth might have been a runner when she was in school... but then, so was I, so maybe I'm a little biased. Distance running is fun!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                I know! I've got my base Sheppard and Weir standing in the Stargate, looking like the King and Queen of Atlantis, while my Field Ops Sheppard and Weir are exploring my CD storage tower together.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                I see that playing with dolls is never getting old
                *sticks fingers in ears* lalalalalala....

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  I know! I've got my base Sheppard and Weir standing in the Stargate, looking like the King and Queen of Atlantis, while my Field Ops Sheppard and Weir are exploring my CD storage tower together.
                  You happen to have any closets there?
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    That idea has been done to death

Comment

Indeed I do. Large, spacious ones, in fact. Plenty of snuggling room. Heheheh...

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                        That idea has been done to death
                        Yep, but that never gets old. Not on this thread!

Indeed I do. Large, spacious ones, in fact. Plenty of snuggling room. Heheheh...
                        That never gets old.

Comment

Yep, but that never gets old. Not on this thread!

That never gets old.
                          You should visit the Kirking the Universe thread to get yourselves some inspiration

Comment

This time my driving was damn good but the idiot examiner wouldn't let me pass.

I'm tired of whole thing and I give up. The last month was beyond crazy and stressful for me because of the driving crap. I'm done with it. I don't want to hear about it any more. Done! I give up!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I believe I can do that! I'm still burned up they don't have Elizabeth like football, but perhaps we can work that in somehow--change of mind or just general amusement at John's craziness.
                              Maybe Elizabeth doesn't like to watch football, or other televised sports, for the same reason I don't - the constant chatter of the announcers drives me nuts. I don't need to be told what I just saw 5 times, or that Player X "came to play"; I would hope so, isn't that what he's been recruited for/paid for if a pro? Also, if she's Ivy League, football isn't as important a part of the college experience as at other schools. Or if she went to Georgetown that's better know for basketball.

As for sports she participates in, as a kid probably soccer, tennis, field hockey if she went to a prep school. Being from the Northeast she might ski or ice skate. I don't see her doing team sports as an adult, with her schedule they'd never work, but swimming, bike riding, running, walking (living in NY & DC that's a given) are all things she could do on her own with whatever time she has. The bad knee could be from any of these except swimming, or from an injury when she was negotiating/fact finding in some troubled spot, or it could be like my bad knee, the result of a broken leg from faling off monkey bars as a kid then hitting it on the dashboard in a car accident in high school (I was not the driver).
                              DDC

Comment

Well, I've finally gotten through all of the posts I missed while on vacay... damn, you people have been busy!

Eri, I'm definitely interested in that Sheppard and Football fic; being a diehard USC fan, I fully understand his obsession.

Hmm, and I like the idea that Elizabeth might have been a runner when she was in school... but then, so was I, so maybe I'm a little biased. Distance running is fun!
                                USC! Have you seen the Pete Carroll ESPN commercial?

Oro? Distance running is fun? I senk not. I ran a whole 3 miles last night in 40 minutes and not one second of it was fun. *hides from the treadmill*

This time my driving was damn good but the idiot examiner wouldn't let me pass.

I'm tired of whole thing and I give up. The last month was beyond crazy and stressful for me because of the driving crap. I'm done with it. I don't want to hear about it any more. Done! I give up!
                                Awwww! That stinks! Your driving exams must be REALLY hard. I don't recall working as hard as you for my license. Well, do what will keep you de-stressed!

Then again, all my instructors had beehive hairdos about 2 feet high and 3 inch long pink-painted nails.

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                                Maybe Elizabeth doesn't like to watch football, or other televised sports, for the same reason I don't - the constant chatter of the announcers drives me nuts. I don't need to be told what I just saw 5 times, or that Player X "came to play"; I would hope so, isn't that what he's been recruited for/paid for if a pro? Also, if she's Ivy League, football isn't as important a part of the college experience as at other schools. Or if she went to Georgetown that's better know for basketball.

As for sports she participates in, as a kid probably soccer, tennis, field hockey if she went to a prep school. Being from the Northeast she might ski or ice skate. I don't see her doing team sports as an adult, with her schedule they'd never work, but swimming, bike riding, running, walking (living in NY & DC that's a given) are all things she could do on her own with whatever time she has. The bad knee could be from any of these except swimming, or from an injury when she was negotiating/fact finding in some troubled spot, or it could be like my bad knee, the result of a broken leg from faling off monkey bars as a kid then hitting it on the dashboard in a car accident in high school (I was not the driver).
                                I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that first part since I work at a network where we produce games, and our bread and butter is game broadcast. So... *fingers in ears* lalalalalalalalala....
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X