Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *snickers*

In Part 2 she does carry an ARG, which does make sense, but she's also a wearing a pistol (not a zat or Wraith stunner) in a thigh holster. And she's carrying a P-90 in Part 1. And no one said a word about it. *headdesk*
    I'm sure there's a plot bunny there for someone - Shep giving her instructions on how to hold and fire the weapon (much like the typical golf instructor scenes), strapping the thigh holster on........
    sigpic

Comment

More:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      I had to hide the ring in this pot, but will you marry me?

Spoiler:
      That can't be you. Your sleepwear is much sexier than that

Spoiler:
      (pant, pant) Ronon, have you ever considered that wearing non breathable leather pants in a hot environment just isn't a good idea?

Spoiler:
      :halling: Jinto's missing. He overheard part of your 'Marco Polo' game last night and thought he'd give it a try

I know that wasn't the best pic of JM/RL, but take a look at the pic on his clothing. I never noticed that at the time. Is it just an accidental reflection?
      Last edited by gateraid; 25 January 2009, 11:43 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        They should have sent John instead of Carson. And yes, it should have ended with kissing. Because that would be totally and completely in character. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
        Totally agree with that! The scene would have made much more sense and it would have stayed completely IC.
        I'm gonna write something like that in my 'Missing Moments' series

On another note, I hope everything with CD works out... Who would want to hack a site like that? Why? *blames a Sheyla* Just kidding
        Anyway, it really blows and I hope they get it up and running again... I really miss the site...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          More:

Spoiler:
          [ATTACH]7697[/ATTACH]
          Spoiler:
          I had to hide the ring in this pot, but will you marry me?

[ATTACH]7698[/ATTACH]
          Spoiler:
          That can't be you. Your sleepwear is much sexier than that

[ATTACH]7699[/ATTACH]
          Spoiler:
          (pant, pant) Ronon, have you ever considered that wearing non breathable leather pants in a hot environment just isn't a good idea?

[ATTACH]7700[/ATTACH]
          Spoiler:
          :halling: Jinto's missing. He overheard part of your 'Marco Polo' game last night and thought he'd give it a try

I know that wasn't the best pic of JM/RL, but take a look at the pic on his clothing. I never noticed that at the time. Is it just an accidental reflection?
          *giggles at the first one* Would have been awesome if it had been like that

And that reflection is pretty scary actually... almost like there's a ghost watching them *shivers*

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
            Hiya pip *waves*

LOL! *gigglesnort* on the "Say it....saaaay it"! And Colonel Weir! Hee! LOL!

Cool! Thanks!

Thank you, thank you!
            HIYA CC *waves back*
            didnt expect to see you here

*snicker* also loved that caption, and the one a bit later with weir and cauldwell comparing ship sizes

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Erin13, I loved the recaps! And I've already commented on some... will do more commenting later ;^)

Scary Kitty, I'm also getting the 404 when going to CD

For people who are interested, I made my very first sig ever (I'm so proud of myself )
            Lemme know your thoughts:
            Spoiler:
            http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/krisrussel/Stargate/shepliz_sig01_50kb.jpg
            grat sig

also thanks eri for the recaps. i've not got much time now to write any comments might try come back later and do it but thanks I loved the return for so many reasons
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              Erin13, I loved the recaps! And I've already commented on some... will do more commenting later ;^)

Scary Kitty, I'm also getting the 404 when going to CD

For people who are interested, I made my very first sig ever (I'm so proud of myself )
              Lemme know your thoughts:
              Spoiler:
              http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/krisrussel/Stargate/shepliz_sig01_50kb.jpg
              Love it. Good for a first effort. Isn't photoshop fun?

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
              I've had the same problem with CD. I hope it's temporary too. It would be really sad if it was gone for good.

And on another note, speaking of sigs (good job with yours by the way, it looks great ), I made one, but when I tried to upload it from my computer, it kept saying it was an invalid file. What exactly is a valid file? It wouldn't tell me. Please help!!
              Are you converting your photoshop file to .jpg?

On The Return discussion. I lay all the blame square at the feet of the writers. In those days they went out of their way to avoid Sparky. And it could also be as simple as deciding that no we can't have John going to her apartment because we just had a scene with the two of them in her quarters in Atlantis. Let's make it Carson this time just to mix it up. I honestly think for the most part they don't think much about ship. Unless they are deliberately throwing anvils at us, and we saw in S5 how that turns out. *shudders*

I think both John and Elizabeth were a little discombobulated away from Atlantis. The OOC moments may again have been an awkward attempt by the writers to show that. I think John is good at compartmentalizing and it showed. Elizabeth probably felt like she had gone from light speed to a full stop and was a bit startled. She would have come around to herself soon.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Love it. Good for a first effort. Isn't photoshop fun?

On The Return discussion. I lay all the blame square at the feet of the writers. In those days they went out of their way to avoid Sparky. And it could also be as simple as deciding that no we can't have John going to her apartment because we just had a scene with the two of them in her quarters in Atlantis. Let's make it Carson this time just to mix it up. I honestly think for the most part they don't think much about ship. Unless they are deliberately throwing anvils at us, and we saw in S5 how that turns out. *shudders*

I think both John and Elizabeth were a little discombobulated away from Atlantis. The OOC moments may again have been an awkward attempt by the writers to show that. I think John is good at compartmentalizing and it showed. Elizabeth probably felt like she had gone from light speed to a full stop and was a bit startled. She would have come around to herself soon.
                Yes! And sometimes, tehre's this tendency among fanfic writers to portray Elizabeth as someone who's detached from her feelings, and I'm under an impression that they got the idea thanx to "Return".

A friend of mine did a fic where she spun the situation around and it was John who was being dysfunctional... I'll try to find that fic
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Well, it isn't a photoshop file, but I did convert it to a .jpg. I tried that and nearly every other file setting possible, but it still didn't work. Does it have to be photoshop?
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

They totally overdid with Elizabeth. She would be shocked, but in my opinion, they made her weak and dysfunctional. Then Carson pops up and she's dressed up and sparkling all of the sudden. WTF? Has someone just transplanted another personality into her? In the dinner scene the sparky chemistry hits you full force, and that's precisely where you see how OOC this ep is written at times (who wrote this?! Was it Marty G?); two people who don't call each other for weeks (while one is stuck in her apartment not washing her hair and eating pizza, feeling sorry for herself, while the other is being a whiny pain in the mikta, also feeling sorry for himself but not enough to do something about it) don't flirt like this next time they see each other. If they didn't talk for weeks, it should have been more awkward between them. It isn't. They're back on track, and this is a proof that writers were doing one thing and the actors something completely different (and it makes more sense).
                    I definitely agree with this.

They should have sent John instead of Carson. And yes, it should have ended with kissing. Because that would be totally and completely in character. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

*wistful sigh* Yep, very in character. It would have felt very natural, I think. *shakes head* So much opportunity. And it would have been interesting to see how they dealt with it afterwards.
                    sigpic

Comment

Falcon Horus, the go-to-gal for:
                      Spoiler:

* Kate
                      * Kate/Teyla
                      * Lemmings
                      * computer related problems
                      * corrector of misinformation spread by, umm, MEEEEE!!!!
                      * protector of newbies, giver of wise words to more seasoned posters
                      * info on all sorts of behind the scenes stuff, links to interviews, commentaries and the like
                      * sigs
                      * web pages
                      * wedding and greeting card designs (I know they were probably the simplest [so am I] but I love those stick figure ones)
                      * de facto moderator and easer of tensions

I'm sure others could add to this, but you get the idea
                      Nice list... *saves*

That would be the end of his dreadlock. And with the light, a small lightbrown patch is formed, thus creating the illusion of a reflection.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Seriously, do you think John would have passed up testing the bridge? And I loved the line about pizza and Rodney's reaction.

According to the commentary, that Ronon/John hug was an adlib by Jason and took Joe completely by surprise. They thought it worked and left it in.
                        I just LOVE that moment. And OMG you can definitely see Joe wasn't expecting that at all, and I'm so glad they kept it. Those two eps make me frustrated for number of things but there are some priceless, wonderful character moments, friendship moments, like that hug, and the head touch, and John coming to Elizabeth and his Princess Bride quote; that's maybe the only thing what makes these eps watchable and fun.

Comment

Yes! And sometimes, tehre's this tendency among fanfic writers to portray Elizabeth as someone who's detached from her feelings, and I'm under an impression that they got the idea thanx to "Return".

A friend of mine did a fic where she spun the situation around and it was John who was being dysfunctional... I'll try to find that fic
                          We know from canon in Doppelganger that John is prone to depression when he feels guilty. And many other times we've gotten the John face of doom whenever things have gone wrong. He seems to expect to screw up sometimes but he never stops trying. Oh John.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                          Well, it isn't a photoshop file, but I did convert it to a .jpg. I tried that and nearly every other file setting possible, but it still didn't work. Does it have to be photoshop?
                          It can't be .psd. Maybe it's too big. Check the size restrictions in the help section. If it's a .jpg it should work if it's the right size. Or you could try uploading it to some place like Photobucket and then putting it on GW.
                          sigpic

Comment

We know from canon in Doppelganger that John is prone to depression when he feels guilty. And many other times we've gotten the John face of doom whenever things have gone wrong. He seems to expect to screw up sometimes but he never stops trying. Oh John.
                            I haven't seen Dopplestinker but I think there's enough hints in Conversion to give us a clue how John acts when he's really down. He wouldn't tell anyone what's wrong, he's most likely to shut himself off, go away and be miserable all by himself.

But, if there's a tiniest smidgen of chance to do something right, he's gonna do it. Vegas, baby.

Comment

I haven't seen Dopplestinker but I think there's enough hints in Conversion to give us a clue how John acts when he's really down. He wouldn't tell anyone what's wrong, he's most likely to shut himself off, go away and be miserable all by himself.

But, if there's a tiniest smidgen of chance to do something right, he's gonna do it. Vegas, baby.
                              I forgot that one. He does tend to brood. Oh and don't forget Epiphany. "It's called being depressed." It seems like he knows when he's going through it and just has to let it pass. Parts of Doppelclunker were good. Loved Lorne and Ronon. *pats FH* The Kate part was heartbreaking and very well done. And I liked the Rodney part especially the end. LOL Only that one certain part was el stinko.

In fact come to think of it, John's actions in Epiphany were a lot like AU John's in Vegas.
                              Spoiler:
                              Get over yourself and help these people. He has that inner hero that he just can't suppress that makes him want to save the day. And go up against overwhelming odds.
                              OMG, he's Mighty Mouse Man.
                              sigpic

Comment

In fact come to think of it, John's actions in Epiphany were a lot like AU John's in Vegas.
                                Spoiler:
                                Get over yourself and help these people. He has that inner hero that he just can't suppress that makes him want to save the day. And go up against overwhelming odds.
                                OMG, he's Mighty Mouse Man.
                                I'll second that opinion. He really does have a saving people complex, it's one of his best qualities. If he can do anything to save the day, he will. (points to suicidal tendencies. How many times has he started to sacrifice himself for everyone else now? )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X