Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » 'kay ... So, he would go to a military prison, right? How many years? Life?

» ANybody know a good military prison?

» (Yes, it's for a Elizabeth-centric story I'm spinning.)
    Depends on what actually happened in Miller's crossing (he might even get the death penalty for that episode)

Good military prison would be Fort Leavenworth

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Of course, O'Neill could've been nailed on any of those as well... and he wound up being promoted all the way to Major General.
    And I thought this thread was about Shep

Comment

Wikipedia has a list of U.S. military prisons. I'm guessing what you probably want is the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth.

Hope that helps.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Of course, O'Neill could've been nailed on any of those as well... and he wound up being promoted all the way to Major General.
        Sadly or luckily for John he will never be Jack O'Neill. I like John just the way he is - rebellious just like his hair.

Reposting this poster because it's appropriate:

Spoiler:
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Sadly or luckily for John he will never be Jack O'Neill. I like John just the way he is - rebellious just like his hair.

Reposting this poster because it's appropriate:

Spoiler:
          Yum!

Oh, and re: our earlier discussion of John's family life, I just remembered something; John's brother's name is Dave (John called him Dave, though it could be short for David), not Graham. I think Graham was his name in early drafts of the script for Outcast.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

@SR - I had no idea how old John's dad on the show was. In my story he is around 75 and has bad health.

Put the words "old" and yourself in the same sentence again and I'll come there to kick your a$$.
            You'd have to catch me first. And I'll have you know I'm no where near 69. It just doesn't seem all that old anymore.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            That's cuz most of them are fans, like we are. They're taking something and writing what they love. Equates to us writing fanfiction, only they get paid.
            Key words: what they love

Heh, I'm planing another father and son fic. It will be a counterpart to When I see the sun again. I just love working with screwed up families. Right now I'm fascinated with John and his dad and that part of John's personal history. That's the thing that shaped him.

By the way do we know anything of John's mom? I always assumed she died when John was just a kid.
            JM said in the blog of death doom and destruction that they had a few lines in Outcast between John and his brother Dave about "since Mom died". It sounded like that may have been when the family started to fall apart. But they got cut. Once again leaving character explanation on the cutting room floor. At least for John.

Yes I did and that's the best damn story I've written.

I'm just frustrated with shows that tell you half of the story. That's not a plot hole, that's plain laziness.

Is Graham younger, canon - vise? I decided long ago for SF that John is more like his mom. Also I explored John's connection to his mom in this: Sistine chapel - thank you SR for those impossible prompts. I didn't know what to do with Michaelangelo there and then the story wrote itself.
            It's Dave in canon and he's younger I'm pretty sure.

They even mentioned Leavenworth in Phantoms. You could even work in JAG.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hehe, I adopted "Graham" for some reason instead of "Dave". I borrowed so many things from cannon, I can have something of my own.

Comment

Speaking of songs, fathers, sons and John I always end up with Johnny Cash as my inspiration. There's a song called "Sunday morning coming down", sung by Johnny but written by Kris Kristofferson, and while Shep isn't as self destructive as the character in the song I mentioned, there's a part that reminds me of our Sparky John:

Spoiler:
                In the park I saw a daddy,
                With a laughin' little girl who he was swingin'.
                And I stopped beside a Sunday school,
                And listened to the song they were singin'.
                Then I headed back for home,
                And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringin'.
                And it echoed through the canyons,
                Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On the Sunday morning sidewalk,
                Wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
                'Cos there's something in a Sunday,
                Makes a body feel alone.
                And there's nothin' short of dyin',
                Half as lonesome as the sound,
                On the sleepin' city sidewalks:
                Sunday mornin' comin' down.

And of course, Johnny Cash has lots of songs we could adopt to our sparky song list. Ring of fire and If I were a carpenter in particular.

Comment

Wikipedia has a list of U.S. military prisons. I'm guessing what you probably want is the U.S. Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth.

Hope that helps.
                  Oh goody - I could go visit him. Wait, I mean Elizabeth could go visit him.

Oh, and SR, I'm pissed too. It's frustrating sometimes to see others write so beautifully for Elizabeth and for John (not even in a shippy sense) and then see how they were/are betrayed on screen in canon.

And Eri13 and SR - you've keyed in on it - if the author loves the character, it makes all the difference in the world.
                  sigpic
                  Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                    Oh goody - I could go visit him. Wait, I mean Elizabeth could go visit him.

Oh, and SR, I'm pissed too. It's frustrating sometimes to see others write so beautifully for Elizabeth and for John (not even in a shippy sense) and then see how they were/are betrayed on screen in canon.

And Eri13 and SR - you've keyed in on it - if the author loves the character, it makes all the difference in the world.
                    That's one thing I learned writing that prison fic of mine. You have to be very honest too. If you're trying to sell something you don't believe in, the readers/audience will know. It shines through your writing. Also, the best stuff one can write is the stuff he/she deems important or things and issues that are very personal - with honesty you end up with very powerful reading material.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      JM said in the blog of death doom and destruction that they had a few lines in Outcast between John and his brother Dave about "since Mom died". It sounded like that may have been when the family started to fall apart. But they got cut. Once again leaving character explanation on the cutting room floor. At least for John.
                      *high fives SR and Anuna* We wuz rite!

It's Dave in canon and he's younger I'm pretty sure.
                      Yeah, I seem to recall Mallozzi answering this in the blog of doom as well; Dave's younger. Though he didn't say how young...

They even mentioned Leavenworth in Phantoms. You could even work in JAG.
                      And thus, NCIS... *squees and flails at the idea of seeing Team Gibbs on Atlantis*

Comment

That's one thing I learned writing that prison fic of mine. You have to be very honest too. If you're trying to sell something you don't believe in, the readers/audience will know. It shines through your writing. Also, the best stuff one can write is the stuff he/she deems important or things and issues that are very personal - with honesty you end up with very powerful reading material.
                        If that's the case, then no wonder Seasons 4 and 5 suck so much... even TPTB don't believe in any of it!

Comment

Speaking of songs, fathers, sons and John I always end up with Johnny Cash as my inspiration. There's a song called "Sunday morning coming down", sung by Johnny but written by Kris Kristofferson, and while Shep isn't as self destructive as the character in the song I mentioned, there's a part that reminds me of our Sparky John:

Spoiler:
                          In the park I saw a daddy,
                          With a laughin' little girl who he was swingin'.
                          And I stopped beside a Sunday school,
                          And listened to the song they were singin'.
                          Then I headed back for home,
                          And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringin'.
                          And it echoed through the canyons,
                          Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On the Sunday morning sidewalk,
                          Wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
                          'Cos there's something in a Sunday,
                          Makes a body feel alone.
                          And there's nothin' short of dyin',
                          Half as lonesome as the sound,
                          On the sleepin' city sidewalks:
                          Sunday mornin' comin' down.

And of course, Johnny Cash has lots of songs we could adopt to our sparky song list. Ring of fire and If I were a carpenter in particular.
                          There's a lot of S4 and S5 John in this song. Unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately, since we can say
                          Spoiler:
                          he's a broken man because he misses Elizabeth.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Hiya Sparkies! Just wanted to pop in and ask if anyone else has gotten their copy of Mirror, Mirror? I just got it yesterday, and from what I can tell on the surface, it has some Sparky! The premise is that the team gets trapped by an artificial intelligence into a machine that splits realities (and personalities) and they have to find their way back through these realities to the 'real' versions of each other as well as to the core of the machine. One scene I skimmed over...

Spoiler:
                            Has the 'real' John and Elizabeth finding each other, courtesy their 'duplicates', who are together on an alternate version of Atlantis (alternate Elizabeth is absolutely crazy, so don't get too excited). Anyways, they end up traveling together to find their way to the real versions of the others, and get trapped on a raging river--which forces John to do CPR on Elizabeth. Before which there is much grabbing of each other trying to hang on and a moment of panic for John when he realizes Elizabeth isn't next to him anymore. Very nice. I hope the ending doesn't change things; Sabine seems to at least like the John and Elizabeth dynamic--I can't wait to get into the whole thing!
                            I heard from the spanky thread that
                            Spoiler:
                            Ronon/Teyla pretend to be married and expecting a baby. I LOLED. I want to give this author cookies.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Hee, I so have to get that book.

Comment

There's a lot of S4 and S5 John in this song. Unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately, since we can say
                                Spoiler:
                                he's a broken man because he misses Elizabeth.
                                And that's the exact premise I'm going to play in that other story I still need a title for. Funny how many times you can find John in songs of Johnny Cash. It's just awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X