• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    *iz sad*
    *waits patiently*

Are you done yet?
    Patience is a virtue.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » For a second there I read that as John is wearing a plaid skirt ... Which is a bunny entirely of itself.
    No more bunnies! *flails*

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
    Hi all, quick post before I run off to a lecture.

I just posted a new , complete SGA story - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4453332/1/Homeless
    I don't have time to read! *bookmarks*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

» For a second there I read that as John is wearing a plaid skirt ... Which is a bunny entirely of itself.
      *sprays water all over desk*

Hahahaha. He could have borrowed Carson's kilt. I'm sure he has one.

» I'm sure Elizabeth would love to see John in a kilt that she stole from Carson.
      Not to mention, what's under (or rather, NOT under) that kilt.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *sprays water all over desk*

Not to mention, what's under (or rather, NOT under) that kilt.
        And just when I've gotten up to the sweaty part in my crack!lumberjack!smut fic. But I'm tired and the smut will have to wait until tomorrow. *evil laugh*

And no, John is not cutting wood in a kilt. *chases plot bunnies with an ax*

You know in the really old days in Scotland, they wore just a plaid which was a big piece of cloth that they folded around them kiltlike and then over the shoulder where they secured it with a pin. Release that pin and give a little tug and who knows what would happen. Just sayin'.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          And just when I've gotten up to the sweaty part in my crack!lumberjack!smut fic. But I'm tired and the smut will have to wait until tomorrow. *evil laugh*

*cackles*

You know in the really old days in Scotland, they wore just a plaid which was a big piece of cloth that they folded around them kiltlike and then over the shoulder where they secured it with a pin. Release that pin and give a little tug and who knows what would happen. Just sayin'.
          Indeed. The great kilt. Proof positive that sometimes, the old way is better.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You are SO mean.

That's okay I have to get back to making art anyways. That should keep my mind of crack!lumberjack!smut fic.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Gee, everyone's in such a great mood with all the smut!fic talk and all, I'd hate to kill it with my daily fic rec. It's angst/drama day, and the story I picked is really, really heavy and dark. Should I hold it for another time?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                I can see where AI would drive you nuts then! We just can't handle it anytime a person fakes playing the piano, because you CAN'T.

Okay, I'll probably hate myself in the morning, but since everyone else is writing doing it...

I've got a WIP gathering dust on my computer (at least a year *headdesk*). I would say it's 3/4 done, currently around 7,500 words. Would someone like to beta it? Maybe a push from someone would get me going again.

Since it's me, it's fluffy (with some angst this time); set season 2-ish so the whole gang is in it. Sparky is in the friendship/flirty stage.

If anyone has the time and would like to take a crack at this, please send me a PM. Thanks!
                I can look it over and nudge you (in the right - sparky - direction).

I want to see that! I mean read that!

Eeek.

I wrote a small drabble in which Carson wears a kilt to John and Kate's Elizabeth's wedding.
                Can we get that to read? *bats eyes*

You are evil. I want that smut fic now!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Gee, everyone's in such a great mood with all the smut!fic talk and all, I'd hate to kill it with my daily fic rec. It's angst/drama day, and the story I picked is really, really heavy and dark. Should I hold it for another time?
                Oh I am in killer mood. Please don't make it worse. Post something as close to fluff as possible, please!
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

» Would you mind holding off on that fic, Kitty? Because Reiko has oddly been feeling fluffy this week, and I'd like to continue that trend as it does not happen very often.

» Oh, the sheer irony of chasing the lumberjack kilt bunny with an ax.

» ... Aaand now you've got me thinking about tugging that pin. Great.

Comment

I think Elizabeth should tug that. Ha!

Comment

Okay, the Sparky!peeps have spoken: Screw angst and bring on the cotton candy! (Gee, good thing tomorrow is fluff!day; you'll get two for the price of one! )

With This Ring, by Lanna. John and Elizabeth must pose as a married couple to satisfy the customs of a potential trading partner that has something Atlantis desperately needs.

Slightly More Than Holiday Tradition, by AndromedaMarine. Rodney has laid a trap. But the joke's on him when John and Elizabeth decide to follow tradition anyway.

Happy reading!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        May I say this: I officially hate S4, S5 and beyond. And all the cat suit babes in it. Pajus, I need to borrow your trigger happy friend. Or you can kill off Larrin for me.
                        Pajus: HK?

HK-47: *walks is* Query: Is there someone that you need killed, Master?

Pajus: Anuna?

Comment

Weirdly, I went to my 2nd job today wearing a plaid/flannel/lumberjack shirt. Before I had read this thread. I hardly ever wear that. Get out of my head!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            People, do you remeber "Love is.."?

I hate to say it (no, I don't) but he's not looking at her eyes in that pic
                            sigpic

Comment

General Season 2 Questions:

1) What was your favorite episode in Season 2?

Seige III. As a standalone ep it isn't really my fave, but it's the culmination of a season's worth of work. The "and then" formula works once, but only once.

2) What was your favorite Sparky moment?

I'd have to watch the entire season to answer that accurately. Maybe in the end of CM (it's an odd pick, but it speaks volumes about the type of relationship they have)

3) Compare Ronon and Ford--who did you like better? Are they comparable?

No, they're not comparable. In s1, I loved Ford. He was the character I identified most with, which is the entire point of an 'everyman' character. He didn't get the same opportunites as the Ronon character has - he didn't get his token ep until after he'd been fired - or a semi-permanent Satedan arc. My fave s1 Ford ep is LFP, but actually that's really just Rainbow being himself. In s2, it was Runner, again that's a lot of Rainbow.

Compare the way in which Ronon is included vs Ford. As Eri13 said, at times Weir goes out of her way to include him in the discussion, whereas Ford is just there to listen.

I do however prefer Ronon to Ford. It's hard to say if I still would if Ford had remained on the team, but I doubt it.

As an aside, in Runner, Rodney comes out with the 'ol Ford would tell me all the different ways you could kill/gut someone with a P-90 speech. Wouldn't a toned down version of that have been better coming from the character himself at some point during s1?

4) Season 2 featured Atlantis taking some risks. What was your favorite?

I'm torn between the Michael experiment and the Genii. There's so much grey in them.

5) Rodney, in this season, seemed to lighten up a bit (compare "Grace Under Pressure" to his attitude in "38 Minutes"). Do you like goofy Rodney or do you prefer him as he was at the beginning of the expedition?

I may be one of the few who think that he was not harsh enough at the start of the series. I recall MG saying in ?? Planet Kidkill ep ?? that after that ep they listened to the criticism and toned him down a bit. I just think they went a bit too far, too quickly. Then, as required, they dial him back up a bit to prove a point, and down again, and up.........

6) Who were your favorite secondary characters to rise to prominence in Season 2?

Kate & Radek were already in s1, so Lorne & Caldwell

7) Earth--dial 'em up or no?

It worked within the context of Seige III, but they could have always made it so that the Earth/Atlantis trip took 6mths (it's not like we have a frame of reference) or that instead of detonating a nuke, they detonated the Deadalus over the city. Whatever.

8) Name the episodes that these characters looked BEST in:
                              a) John
                              b) Elizabeth
                              c) Teyla
                              d) Ronon
                              e) Lorne
                              f) Carson

Do you mean looked best as in HAWT or eps that made them look good? Either way, I don't have an answer.

9) Do you have a favorite line said by anyone this season?

Only those already quoted

10) How could season 2 have been improved, in your opinion?

I'm not a writer, just a critic with an attitude

Same old criticism really: more Atlantis, more exploring, maybe they could have branched out a bit with some of the PG natives in the very beginning stages of an alliance, drop the city to the bottom of the ocean at the end of SIII.....

EDIT: I see my knack of killing a thread continues

EDIT II: Damn you people and your ff's that I absolutely must read instead of sleep

EDIT III: Were there No Man's Land questions?
                              Last edited by gateraid; 07 August 2008, 12:48 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                Pajus: HK?

HK-47: *walks is* Query: Is there someone that you need killed, Master?

Pajus: Anuna?
                                Don't kill me, go get Larrin!

Comment

Working...
                                X