Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    Loving all the Conversion conversation going on in here. It is one of my most favorite eps. It had everything I enjoy - Shep whump, Sparky, team worry, Shep whump, team fixing things, Shep whump, Sparky.

Love this face directed at Caldwell

Thanks for all the pics posted. I think Conversion is my largest folder in PB and it just got a touch bigger.

My favorite scene was when Elizabeth went to see him in his room the first time and saw how he had changed but she remained strong for him. I loved how the lighting in the room reflected his change. It was the same blueish purpleish as he was and was dominating the room as his change was taking over him. The second visit was good too. This time the room was much darker, as was John!
    "This is my mean, unimpressed 'you better get John back here or butts will be kicked' face"

Love her

MEEEP!!! 100th POST FOR ME *leaves plate of celebratory cookies*
    The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
    Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
    "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
      "This is my mean, unimpressed 'you better get John back here or butts will be kicked' face"

Love her

Congrats on 100 Posts. Have some celebratory mints instead

sigpic

Comment

*takes a cookie from Muffin's plate* Yummy!

Worry.

Caldwell: You two are pretty close, aren't you?
        Elizabeth: We've been through a lot together, yes.

Comment

Congratulations on 100 posts Muffin!

Have a fic rec Amble by AJ

Edited to add: I really should read more carefully - Dana already found the fic earlier.
          Last edited by justhere1971; 10 February 2008, 04:26 PM.
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            Congratulations on 100 posts Muffin!

Have a fic rec Amble by AJ
            Heee, thanks

Good fic! I liked it Cheered me up from my crappy weekend

Spoiler:
            Ive been ill since Friday afternoon with a mild dose of food poisoning. Still am ill, actually but have to face school tomorrow
            The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
            Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
            "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Second page is EVIL.

Love the discussion on "Conversion." Like so many episodes, simply reading the plot summary or a transcript just doesn't do the final episode justice. And episodes like this one prove that Sparky is everywhere. We have only to look, and we'll find them.

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
              Congratulations! And I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Great posts!

I think it's interesting to compare the two attacks as well. In the episode he strikes out at the two people he would normally never attack, but the attacks are in very different contexts.

With Teyla he's aggressive and domineering. His most base instincts are what he unleashes. It's sexual aggression, unwelcome, and unexpected. I never equated that moment with 'love'--perhaps hidden sexual attraction, but not 'feelings'.

With Elizabeth, he's much further gone, and his actions are aggressive but not in a domineering way. He's angry and losing control of his humanity, but at the same time, through that veil of wraith/iratus aggressiveness, he sees her, sees himself killing her, and lets her go. Everything around that incident displays how far gone he is--he still runs off, still injures the soldiers, still poses a threat to the team that hunts him down--but he can't kill her when he has the chance.

And the fact that Elizabeth is with him through the end--one of my favorite moments of Conversion is how she walks 'hooded' John to the gate. Despite everything that's happened--the fact he attacked her so viciously--she is still by his side.

Spoiler:

For some reason that Picture always reminds me of Star Wars
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                  For some reason that Picture always reminds me of Star Wars
                  Help me Obi-John! You're my only hope!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    Help me Obi-John! You're my only hope!
                    Ohhhh, that could go in such a smutty direction...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Who said smut? It's rated NC-17. Just a warning. Short & hot.

Fall by A.J.

Ahem ... then I went looking and found this one by the same author. I seriously need to cool down.

VERY NC-17.

Gale force Winds.
                      Last edited by justhere1971; 10 February 2008, 05:13 PM.
                      sig made by me

Comment

Ok i'm back. All happy, just needed to have my sad moment. Now that
                        Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth is gone and it is practically over
                        I can do whatever i want in my fics! *blows raspberry at TPTB*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          So true!!! BTW- I agree second page= evil!!!!!!!!!

Now lets see if I can stop procrastinating and actually update my fic. *wanders off to attempt*
                          Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

For a good time call read:

Zero Point Snark

Guaranteed to put a smile on your face, even if you've already read it.

It's been a heck of a weekend, but we'll move forward together. Can't wait to see what's next for this awesome group and our favorite couple. This is the attitude that is coming out of both here and LJ and I think that's great!
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              you're damn right... she was the leader and always will be! and if not in the show, then at least in FanFics

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                Who said smut? It's rated NC-17. Just a warning. Short & hot.

Fall by A.J.
                                That was pretty/cute. Yeah okay that wasn't enough smut for me. HAHAHAHA. It was cute.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X