Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    But not with a song. Actually, if I sang that would really kill you. LOL.

Okay, where are we? Next we should probably mention that when Elizabeth kisses Simon she notices something is wrong. Now this isn't shippy, or is it? Maybe, just maybe she thinks for a split second that this isn't the same anymore.

Moving on. John starts to notice things are wrong and mentions Elizabeth.

SHEPPARD: Yeah – I got pretty much everything you could imagine, don’t I? (He looks thoughtful.)
    TEYLA: What is it?
    SHEPPARD: I was just thinkin’ again – about Doctor Weir and everyone else on Atlantis.
    TEYLA: Of course. I am sure she is fine – as I am sure they are all fine.
    (She has moved over to a magnificent picture window looking out over forests, while we get a glimpse of a swimming pool and hot tub just below John’s house. John walks over to join Teyla at the window.)
    SHEPPARD: Yeah, I’m sure.
    (Teyla takes another long swig of beer. John looks around the house, not looking happy.)

He only mentions her by name, but the significant thing is Teyla's response bolded above. She personalizes her response as if she knows he is worried about Elizabeth. And here if we had been paying attention the first time, is the spot where we would have known something was badly wrong.
    Ah good point! And he always singles her out, regardless of the episode. I know she's the leader, and his primary concern; but he could've easily made a snide comment about Rodney/ Ford or anyone of them.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      Ah good point! And he always singles her out, regardless of the episode. I know she's the leader, and his primary concern; but he could've easily made a snide comment about Rodney/ Ford or anyone of them.
      It's almost like he's saying - he's thinking about Weir again and then quickly adds 'and everyone else on Atlantis'.

I'm sure it's concern because if he is realizing that they're not really home, he wonders if the others realize it too and he hopes they're okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        But not with a song. Actually, if I sang that would really kill you. LOL.

Okay, where are we? Next we should probably mention that when Elizabeth kisses Simon she notices something is wrong. Now this isn't shippy, or is it? Maybe, just maybe she thinks for a split second that this isn't the same anymore.

Moving on. John starts to notice things are wrong and mentions Elizabeth.

SHEPPARD: Yeah – I got pretty much everything you could imagine, don’t I? (He looks thoughtful.)
        TEYLA: What is it?
        SHEPPARD: I was just thinkin’ again – about Doctor Weir and everyone else on Atlantis.
        TEYLA: Of course. I am sure she is fine – as I am sure they are all fine.
        (She has moved over to a magnificent picture window looking out over forests, while we get a glimpse of a swimming pool and hot tub just below John’s house. John walks over to join Teyla at the window.)
        SHEPPARD: Yeah, I’m sure.
        (Teyla takes another long swig of beer. John looks around the house, not looking happy.)

He only mentions her by name, but the significant thing is Teyla's response bolded above. She personalizes her response as if she knows he is worried about Elizabeth. And here if we had been paying attention the first time, is the spot where we would have known something was badly wrong.

I ahve to comment on this. First of all, we learn this is John's "dream house" - something he would like to have. LOL! The guy is a hedonist. And that is an understatement. The place has "I am not married" written all over. Oh, one more thing - when I saw Johnny Cash poster I really started liking him.

About Elizabeth kissing Simon. No I don't think it can ever be the same, and not because of John but because of everything all of them were through during those first months on Atlantis. And we know John is a big part of that.

I like this epi because we get another glimpse in John's personality. That scene where he points the gun... my jaw drops every. single. time.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I think he bonded so much with her becuase he was singling her out, for whatever reason. It can work that way too.

Comment

A little OT *pokes* Anuna for the next TSM ... sending virtual candy!
            sig made by me

Comment

A little OT *pokes* Anuna for the next TSM ... sending virtual candy!
              I take you read the last one? I'm working (writing) as we speak and struggling with some scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                I ahve to comment on this. First of all, we learn this is John's "dream house" - something he would like to have. LOL! The guy is a hedonist. And that is an understatement. The place has "I am not married" written all over. Oh, one more thing - when I saw Johnny Cash poster I really started liking him.

About Elizabeth kissing Simon. No I don't think it can ever be the same, and not because of John but because of everything all of them were through during those first months on Atlantis. And we know John is a big part of that.

I like this epi because we get another glimpse in John's personality. That scene where he points the gun... my jaw drops every. single. time.
                I agree. I think we learn a lot about John and his personality. Looking back, it's nice to see how far he's ... I want to say matured but perhaps grown is a better word.

At this point, I feel that they are just perhaps flirting a bit with each other. Maybe not even realizing it.

John and Liz have a shared experience together - that being the Atlantis expedition. And being leaders in that expedition. I don't think others can understand. So it's natural that they would gravitate towards each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                  I agree. I think we learn a lot about John and his personality. Looking back, it's nice to see how far he's ... I want to say matured but perhaps grown is a better word.

At this point, I feel that they are just perhaps flirting a bit with each other. Maybe not even realizing it.

John and Liz have a shared experience together - that being the Atlantis expedition. And being leaders in that expedition. I don't think others can understand. So it's natural that they would gravitate towards each other.
                  Yeah, totally agreed! They start testing out some things - how much they can rely on each other and simultaneously the flirting happens as a natural result of getting to know each other better I think. They gravitate towards each other for number of reasons and that's when the attraction happens, or they become aware of it.

Comment

Yeah, totally agreed! They start testing out some things - how much they can rely on each other and simultaneously the flirting happens as a natural result of getting to know each other better I think. They gravitate towards each other for number of reasons and that's when the attraction happens, or they become aware of it.
                    That's how it begins. You find yourself spending time or seeking out the other person. Wondering what he/she is doing. Going to them for advice. It's all the beginning of friendship and more.

Comment

This is so great. All of this discussion, especially since it is about season 1, reminds me of the early days of this thread. Lots of intelligent input mixed with silliness and fun. Keep up the great stuff.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                        That's how it begins. You find yourself spending time or seeking out the other person. Wondering what he/she is doing. Going to them for advice. It's all the beginning of friendship and more.
                        And you don't have to feel what we usually call 'love' at the beginning. But the closeness and many hours spent together can result in love. People tend to think that physical attraction happens first. Most of the time it does, but it's no rule.
                        I can imagine them thinking something like:

J: She is smart. And knows her stuff. Hey, she even looks good.
                        E: That man could turn out to be a real trouble. But he is loyal and honest. His heart is in the right place. And that hair is simply cute.

From here:

To here:

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                          This is so great. All of this discussion, especially since it is about season 1, reminds me of the early days of this thread. Lots of intelligent input mixed with silliness and fun. Keep up the great stuff.

Oh, do join in and participate!! The fun is only beginning since the next two episodes are The Storm & The Eye.

Comment

From here:

To here:

Exactly! Look how far they've come in 1 season!

Comment

That's what I call a progress of a relationship.

Now, a bit OT: new smut fic. http://lone-pyramid.livejournal.com/81432.html

Comment

Oh, do join in and participate!! The fun is only beginning since the next two episodes are The Storm & The Eye.
                                I wish I had more time. Getting ready for the new school year and have major brain burn out at the end of the day. I look forward to reading the insights. Some of them make me go "ah hah I wasn't the only one that thought that"

The Storm and The Eye are two of my favorite eps. I can't separate them in my mind. They run together as one big **sigh**
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X