Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
    I can't believe how many pages I had to catch up on from yesterday. Teach me for sleeping
    Seriously! I came on this morning to find another three pages had been added since last night. This place moves fast!

Originally posted by tricia View Post
    I think once S4 starts there will be a renewed interest in sparky or shall I say the big empty hole that will be so obvious that no one can deny it.
    Well said!

I don't think that Sparky will be dead in S4 at all. Just moving into a new phase of development. A couple of other posters have mentioned that it's a common literary device to separate a couple for a time, and the scenario that's beginning to take shape from the spoilers we've gotten thus far fits the bill rather nicely...

First, a little historical recap:

Despite Sheppard's record and the "black mark" in Afghanistan that prompted the Air Force to dump him in Antarctica to rot, Weir fought to get him on the Atlantis Expedition in "Rising." When the Air Force was on the verge of casting him aside to be replaced by Caldwell (or whoever else might have been on their list) in "Intruder," she fought for him again. And there are so many other examples throughout the series thus far of her faith in him, both personally and professionally. (Like going to see him, alone, without backup, in "Conversion." Twice.) She believed in him when no one else would, gave him a chance to redeem himself and prove his detractors wrong. Regardless of whether or not his feelings for her run any deeper than friendship (but let's face it, we Sparky fans know better!), she is the woman who has essentially resurrected his career and his very life.

He owes her for that. And if there's one thing our Shep understands, it's honor.

Now, to the fun (in an evil way) stuff:

Spoiler:
    Sheppard has always been big on not leaving his people behind (this way of thinking is ingrained into the military in general, but in Sheppard's case, I've gotten the vibe that it's a very personal issue that has nothing to do with the military). So just imagine, if you will, what's going to be going on in Shep's mind and heart when he's forced to leave Elizabeth behind to the Replicators (I'm guessing this'll happen in "Lifeline"). Add in the future bombshell of discovering that she's been (unwillingly and hopefully temporarily) turned to the Dark!Side by mind-controlling nanites, and you've got a ready-made opportunity for some huge guilt-induced emotional whumpage. Ouch.

A part of Sheppard's arc this season (and possibly into following seasons, depending on how things play out) could be a personal quest to get Weir back by any means necessary. (Shep is apparently supposed to be going darker this year... and a vengeance-and-rescue quest would sure be one way to do it!) He would see leaving anyone behind to be a personal failure, but the stakes would be raised to an insane level with the history between him and Elizabeth. Of course, that's assuming that the Replicators leave enough of the Elizabeth Weir that Sheppard's come to know as a respected colleague and care for as a trusted friend (and much, much more than that, as we enlightened Sparky shippers understand) left for Sheppard to save. Double ouch.

Of course, the Replicators no doubt have totally forgotten about Shep's mad ATA gene skillz and Rodney's mad scientist skillz. I almost pity the Replicators. Almost. Poor tin-plated bastiches won't know what hit 'em.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I am drooling in anticipation of S4. Bring on the Sparky!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      Whoops! Sorry I brought this up here. I think it belongs on the Shep/Weir S4 discussion thread which is where I'll clarify my thoughts better.
      *blinks* There's a specific thread just for Sparky in S4? Hmm, gonna have to go look that one up...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Seriously! I came on this morning to find another three pages had been added since last night. This place moves fast!

Well said!

I don't think that Sparky will be dead in S4 at all. Just moving into a new phase of development. A couple of other posters have mentioned that it's a common literary device to separate a couple for a time, and the scenario that's beginning to take shape from the spoilers we've gotten thus far fits the bill rather nicely...

Despite Sheppard's record and the "black mark" in Afghanistan that prompted the Air Force to dump him in Antarctica to rot, Weir fought to get him on the Atlantis Expedition in "Rising." When the Air Force was on the verge of casting him aside to be replaced by Caldwell (or whoever else might have been on their list) in "Intruder," she fought for him again. And there are so many other examples throughout the series thus far of her faith in him, both personally and professionally. (Like going to see him, alone, without backup, in "Conversion." Twice.) She believed in him when no one else would, gave him a chance to redeem himself and prove his detractors wrong. Regardless of whether or not his feelings for her run any deeper than friendship (but let's face it, we Sparky fans know better!), she is the woman who has essentially resurrected his career and his very life.

He owes her for that. And if there's one thing our Shep understands, it's honor.

Spoiler:
        Sheppard has always been big on not leaving his people behind (this way of thinking is ingrained into the military in general, but in Sheppard's case, I've gotten the vibe that it's a very personal issue that has nothing to do with the military). So just imagine, if you will, what's going to be going on in Shep's mind and heart when he's forced to leave Elizabeth behind to the Replicators (I'm guessing this'll happen in "Lifeline"). Add in the future bombshell of discovering that she's been (unwillingly and hopefully temporarily) turned to the Dark!Side by mind-controlling nanites, and you've got a ready-made opportunity for some huge guilt-induced emotional whumpage. Ouch.

A part of Sheppard's arc this season (and possibly into following seasons, depending on how things play out) could be a personal quest to get Weir back by any means necessary. (Shep is apparently supposed to be going darker this year... and a vengeance-and-rescue quest would sure be one way to do it!) He would see leaving anyone behind to be a personal failure, but the stakes would be raised to an insane level with the history between him and Elizabeth. Of course, that's assuming that the Replicators leave enough of the Elizabeth Weir that Sheppard's come to know as a respected colleague and care for as a trusted friend (and much, much more than that, as we enlightened Sparky shippers understand) left for Sheppard to save. Double ouch.

Of course, the Replicators no doubt have totally forgotten about Shep's mad ATA gene skillz and Rodney's mad scientist skillz. I almost pity the Replicators. Almost. Poor tin-plated bastiches won't know what hit 'em.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I am drooling in anticipation of S4. Bring on the Sparky!
        Oh my, you must post more often with ideas like these!
        sigpic

Comment

*crawls out of hole i've been in for months*

Greetings! I haven't been around in ages but I got bored and photoshopped and figured I'd share the Shep/weir goodies!

Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Well said!

Spoiler:

^Case in point. Lurkers should delurk more often.

And the bit you put in spoilers, that is my secret hope and wish for S4. True it might come back and bite me later but I think that would be absolutely brilliant for S4. I might add you to the list of people of who appear to share the same brain (not surprising I guess when we all post in threads that reflect or interests ,... but you know).
            Originally posted by tricia View Post
            I must admit I don't post often but I come and take a look every single day. There are so many more people here that are old hands at this and it can be a bit daunting to give an opinion. But even the ones that don't post often are here to support. Never say die. I think once S4 starts there will be a renewed interest in sparky or shall I say the big empty hole that will be so obvious that no one can deny it.
            Welcome Tricia and thanks for taking the time to delurk.
            Exactly NEVER say die. I'm far too tenacious and I think Shep/Weir is too!

And really we don't bite. There are so many thoughtful, creative, fun and just down right lovely people in this thread who are respectful of others. What's not to love?

*group hug* I mean *thread hug*

(omg I'm sure its the image of Shep as Rochester that has got me in such a silly mood)
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Whoa that is exactly what I'm hoping for. Bring on the Sparky.

Spoiler:
              Where does it say about Elizabeth and the replicators? Haven't seen it anywhere except this thread.

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot View Post
                *crawls out of hole i've been in for months*

Greetings! I haven't been around in ages but I got bored and photoshopped and figured I'd share the Shep/weir goodies!
                Spoiler:

Oh that's lovely. I especially like the top green panel. So welcome to the top-side wizengamot. You're one of the ones I've noticed frequently lurking even if it was down there in your whole.

Whoa that is exactly what I'm hoping for. Bring on the Sparky.

Spoiler:
                Where does it say about Elizabeth and the replicators? Haven't seen it anywhere except this thread.
                *CrazyLikeaFox* joins the shares-the-same-brain-club *L**
                Other people could probably say more on this than me since I've been away for ages.
                Spoiler:
                I'm guessing some is speculation based on one of the previews, the bit where John shouts out "Elizabeth" and we see her surrounded by a few figures that kind of resemble Asurans. With me it's also based on my desires and what I would consider a good link back to Progeny, TRW and FS etc Someone might have something more substantial to offer up than that. As with not keeping up with things here ii haven't been keeping up with Joe's blog either (i have much catching up to do). So Scary Kitty may have been refering to other stuff too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reaceania View Post
                  And the bit you put in spoilers, that is my secret hope and wish for S4. True it might come back and bite me later but I think that would be absolutely brilliant for S4. I might add you to the list of people of who appear to share the same brain (not surprising I guess when we all post in threads that reflect or interests ,... but you know).
                  It's my secret hope as well. And I agree that it would be brilliant; it would keep Elizabeth very much in play in the game, just put her in a different and interesting position on the board. (And it leaves a lot more potential for meaty storylines than the Ford fiasco. )

As for the part about sharing the same brain, I've encountered this phenomenon several times before. I like to call it "shared psychic psychosis."

Spoiler:
                  Well, the speculation on
                  Spoiler:
                  Weir and the Replicators (and that's really all it is, just an educated best guess) is based on all the hints Joe Mallozzi has dropped in his blog, the Comic-Con teaser, and comments by Rachel Luttrell in a recent magazine interview (there's a link floating around somewhere in here, I think). And perhaps some other stuff that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Comment

It's my secret hope as well. And I agree that it would be brilliant; it would keep Elizabeth very much in play in the game, just put her in a different and interesting position on the board. (And it leaves a lot more potential for meaty storylines than the Ford fiasco. )

As for the part about sharing the same brain, I've encountered this phenomenon several times before. I like to call it "shared psychic psychosis."

Well, the speculation on
                    Spoiler:
                    Weir and the Replicators (and that's really all it is, just an educated best guess) is based on all the hints Joe Mallozzi has dropped in his blog, the Comic-Con teaser, and comments by Rachel Luttrell in a recent magazine interview (there's a link floating around somewhere in here, I think). And perhaps some other stuff that I'm forgetting at the moment.
                    "shared psychic psychosis" oh I love that. I'm going to have to use that.

Re: the stuff you put in the last spoiler markers: I have a couple of things to hunt down obviously. Exciting! ... but now I have some work to do for a bit first though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reaceania View Post
                      Other people could probably say more on this than me since I've been away for ages.
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm guessing some is speculation based on one of the previews, the bit where John shouts out "Elizabeth" and we see her surrounded by a few figures that kind of resemble Asurans. With me it's also based on my desires and what I would consider a good link back to Progeny, TRW and FS etc Someone might have something more substantial to offer up than that. As with not keeping up with things here ii haven't been keeping up with Joe's blog either (i have much catching up to do). So Scary Kitty may have been refering to other stuff too.
                      Re: the preview...
                      Spoiler:
                      A few lovely screencaps of that bit with John shouting Elizabeth's name followed by Elizabeth surrounded by what look like Asurans was posted by SGAfan over on the "Shep Whumping" thread and later reposted on the "Theories on what happens to Weir" thread...

Spoiler:

Take a good look at that last one of Weir. Looks like there's someone behind her with a grey goatee. And Oberoth had a grey goatee...

*cue ominous music*

Comment

Thanks for the info, I now don't feel as stupid

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Re: the preview...
                          Spoiler:
                          A few lovely screencaps of that bit with John shouting Elizabeth's name followed by Elizabeth surrounded by what look like Asurans was posted by SGAfan over on the "Shep Whumping" thread and later reposted on the "Theories on what happens to Weir" thread...

Spoiler:

Take a good look at that last one of Weir. Looks like there's someone behind her with a grey goatee. And Oberoth had a grey goatee...

*cue ominous music*
                          OMG those caps made me squee! Thankyou so much for posting them. I mean
                          Spoiler:
                          the looks on both Elizabeth and John's faces are so much easier to understand from the caps (given the fast pacing in the preview). I mean Elizabeth really doesn't look like she's going voluntarily (an option I had considered) from that. And yep given the "uniforms" it has to be the Asurans and I'll go with Oberoth behind her. So so happy after looking at those caps. Okay yes I admit that I like angst whump and I can imagine lots of Shep angsty whump from that.

I've haven't been into the S4 forum for months. Obviously I'm going to have to find the time to go in there.

I'd green you again if I could.

Between that and the "Shep as Rochester" image in my head I'm riding on a SGA wave today and am in danger of requiring smelling salts.
                          sigpic

Comment

All I have to say is ANGST

*squee*

Whatever happens to Elizabeth in season 4, we just know we are gonna get Shep angst.
                            I know that shouldn't make me so happy, but I can't help it.
                            And Elizabeth is gonna get super!repli powers

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

*Anuna is happy to see so many posts, delurking and amazing discussion*

Guys you amde me squee like five times in last few minutes. I don't have much time now, gotta run (my boyfriend/fiancee coming today!!!) But do expect to hear from me in the evening. ((THREAD HUG))

And about the caps...

Spoiler:
                              "Save me" is written all over her face. And as we, the enlightened Sparky shippers know, there is love in both of their eyes.

*sigh*
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I think squeeing is contagious.

*sings* Oh happy days..
                                What I find so amusing is that I'm bounding around all over the place, I haven't had a coffee since I first came in this morning and so all the energy I have right now is pretty much generated by this thread. Well okay I had tea in the afternoon too i guess ... and then there's the chocolate I had too but they're normal when I'm having such a long-I'm-not-leaving-this-place "day" (+night) at work.
                                (And I'm on a break right now for anyone that's going tsk-tsk and I'm on a computer where we can access the internet for whatever )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X