No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, I've just watched Adrift too and wow, but I am angry. Adrift spoilers below:

Spoiler:
    OMG, this episode does its best to kill Sparky. I mean, McKay’s the one that wants to save Elizabeth’s life and John is telling him not to take the risk of alerting the Asurans and to let her be. Then when McKay re-activates the nanites anyway, John wants to set off an EMP to basically kill her. McKay makes up with him later, and says it’s ridiculous to quarantine her and when John refuses to reconsider, McKay tells him that someone should be with her. John just says that Teyla’s there, despite McKay’s obvious implication that *John* should be the one talking to her. In fact, everyone else has a scene with her other than John. Ronon thanks her for letting him stay [despite his lack of gratitude in season 2]. Teyla tells her that the risk of alerting the Asurans [they say ‘Replicators’ but it’s ASURANS, damn it] was worth it, if only to keep Elizabeth with them. I hate the way they're making him so cold and calculated. Okay, maybe I can argue that in RW, he saw what she went through in the fake reality and he didn't want to put her through that again,but to KILL HER? No frelling way. The only part I liked was when he first saw what had happened to her and it was seriously like he was about to cry. But that was offset later on when they went into the infirmary when Elizabeth woke up, he pulled out his gun, which just- no. Ugh.

And later, the angst.

A few more small pics at:
    http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/borgprincess/
    Last edited by borgprincess; 11 September 2007, 09:56 PM.
    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
    Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

*skips back over to the hyper squee of Livejournal*

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
      ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
        Hey has everyone checked out the new season 4 spoilers and pictures on GW?
        Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
        Ugh, I've just watched Adrift too and wow, but I am angry. Adrift spoilers below:

Spoiler:
        OMG, this episode does its best to kill Sparky. I mean, McKay’s the one that wants to save Elizabeth’s life and John is telling him not to take the risk of alerting the Asurans and to let her be. Then when McKay re-activates the nanites anyway, John wants to set off an EMP to basically kill her. McKay makes up with him later, and says it’s ridiculous to quarantine her and when John refuses to reconsider, McKay tells him that someone should be with her. John just says that Teyla’s there, despite McKay’s obvious implication that *John* should be the one talking to her. In fact, everyone else has a scene with her other than John. Ronon thanks her for letting him stay [despite his lack of gratitude in season 2]. Teyla tells her that the risk of alerting the Asurans [they say ‘Replicators’ but it’s ASURANS, damn it] was worth it, if only to keep Elizabeth with them. I hate the way they're making him so cold and calculated. Okay, maybe I can argue that in RW, he saw what she went through in the fake reality and he didn't want to put her through that again,but to KILL HER? No frelling way. The only part I liked was when he first saw what had happened to her and it was seriously like he was about to cry. But that was offset later on when they went into the infirmary when Elizabeth woke up, he pulled out his gun, which just- no. Ugh.

And later, the angst.

A few more small pics at:
        http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/borgprincess/
        Whoa, whoa...saw all pics and Lizzy was there but i know she's not a main character...AT's got long hair, kinda spooked by that it's just wird...and then i read these spoilers for adrift..and, and *freaksout* What happened in adrift? What happened to Lizzy? Whole story please....i live on spoilers, just someone calm me down *hyperventilates*

Oh and where's the scene of him yelling Elizabeth? *is confused*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post
          Hmm, interesting, where is it from? The attitude is a lot like E's.
          It's actually from the story magazine 'People's Friend,' that my nan gets sent over from England. betcha the illistartor watches SGA, never wrong about this.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Ah, the day's barely over here!

I agree he'd be uneasy about her putting herself in danger like that, but because he cares about her, rather than he thinks she's weak. Some fics I read, it's all about 'you're weak and you can't handle yourself in dangerous situations' and they write him being so disparaging. I'd prefer the interpretation that because of his unacknowledged feelings for her, he is overprotective and overreacts to things, as opposed to 'he doesn't have any faith in her ability to look after herself'. At least, that's the only way I can reconcile The Return. He doesn't like her putting herself at risk, but he believes she's strong enough to handle it. It's a respect thing. Which is more significant than with Teyla- she's a soldier like him, so expecting her to be capable of taking care of herself is a given, since she's well-trained and can kick his butt with the rods! But it's a big deal that Elizabeth- a civilian, a diplomat, no formal weapons training, not a soldier- can earn his respect and his confidence in her ability.
            OH, no,no,no,no,no I didn't mean to say that he things he's weak in that sense. NO, I meant that considering his feeling toward her he always tends to protect her, to care for her more than for others in a special way.
            He definitelly respects her ability to impose respect using only her words and he respect her position and inteligence.

And you are right, in 'Progeny', (I belive you were refering to the scene in 'Progeny', when the Asuran city are on their way to destroy Atlantis and Niam wants to show Elizabeth about the Asurans), he is very much concerned about what this offer might mean.
            Look at his face:

(for size)
            Spoiler:

he's puzzled. And I think he would have reacted, but was to slow and then Rodney told her what he would tell, so, he just din't say it. And the whole situation didn't seem so bad, after all, Niam told them that he wanted to help.
            To me, that fact that he didn't jump to prevent her from taking Niam's hand showed that he trusted her judgement to do what is best, he respected her leadership. He was there to protect her, and reacted prompt when it was necessary (e.g. when Niam was strangling her in the jumper, it was John who blew the rear hatch, right?), but he wasn't there to prevent her from doing something that she felt it was right to do.
            I hope I'm not wrong.

Spoiler:

And as to the comments on 'Adrift', I don't know, I haven't seen it, but ... I think John has some issues to make clear in his mind, and one of them is how he feels about Elizabeth. If you say he reacted badly, I'm sure that someone who doesn't really know where he stands, when it comes to her, and is afraid of losing something dear would hang on what he knows best, i.e. his military trining and responsabilities, and what keeps his reality from colapsing. And then he would sink into despair when no one sees him and promise to himself and her that he will find her. Maybe it's just something he does to keep his mind off the fear that she'd be hurt. In 'Phantoms' we saw how he didn't want to abandon his colleague, and how he kept telling him that he's going to be fine. I think he has a big problem with losing people, (poor John, I feel so sorry for him) and he tries to deny himself the thought that it would happen again. I think he's much more complicated than we know and he only lets others see his happy flyboy face, but deep inside I'm sure he'd be scared to death of the possibility of losing Elizabeth, of all the people.
            Maybe I'm wrong, but if I am, it's all tptb's fault to mess things up. Even JF said that he felt like they needed to say something about how important Elizabeth is to them and how they must do all they can to save her. So, this tells me that the tptb doesn't want him to be close to her, but that himself, saw how the relationship between the characters evolved and he thinks it is natural to make Sheppard concerned.

BTW, when is that scene when he screams 'Elizabeth' like a mad man?!?! If it's not in the first 2 episodes then Sparky is way from over. My guess is that John would hide all his inner strugle with his own feelings very well from the others until .....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post

*skips back over to the hyper squee of Livejournal*
              AHAHA! Thx Saz for pointing that out *bg*

Comment

I seem to have missed one scene from Letters From Pegasus, so now (along with The Gift), we have 95 Sparky moments.

And....

Happy Birthday atlantis_babe34!!

Comment

OH, no,no,no,no,no I didn't mean to say that he things he's weak in that sense. NO, I meant that considering his feeling toward her he always tends to protect her, to care for her more than for others in a special way.
                  I didn't really think that was what the post meant, but it was a little ambiguous and it sparked off a memory of something I'd meant to bring up before. I know none of us here would believe something like that!

To me, that fact that he didn't jump to prevent her from taking Niam's hand showed that he trusted her judgement to do what is best, he respected her leadership. He was there to protect her, and reacted prompt when it was necessary (e.g. when Niam was strangling her in the jumper, it was John who blew the rear hatch, right?), but he wasn't there to prevent her from doing something that she felt it was right to do.
                  I hope I'm not wrong.
                  No, I completely agree with you. [Darn, that was the phrase I was trying to come up with- 'trusts her judgment'. I wracked my brain for ages and couldn't think of what I meant, but you got it exactly!]

I am so grateful to the writers for letting him be the one to save her, despite the fact that he was flying the jumper and Xena and Conan were on hand. Especially loved the balcony scene after that. It's touching how he always seeks her out when she's alone, like his radar knows she needs someone.

And because I love the recappers at Zero Point Snark, I must quote this seriously amusing and shippy analysis which is totally relevant to the discussion:

Spoiler:
                  Jumper of Anti-climactic Plot Twists. Lizzeh praises her team, all, "Nice work. All of you." Awww. She turns to Niam, who gives her a bashful look, because he's crushing on her SO HARD, OMG. She thanks him, but notices that his head is suddenly doing a weird robotic twitching of impending evil. He's all, "Something is happening." Teyla gives him a look, all, "Oh, that? Don't worry, that's just your Nanobot Rod of Love. All men react to Lizzeh that way." Niam's all, "No... it's brainwaves of evil from my planet, omg. I'M BEING RESET! They're taking away my feeeeeeeeelings." Shep makes a face of ohnoes as Lizzeh commands Rodney to FIX IT. So Rodney spends half an hour reaching into his vest to pull out the Gameboy Controller. But it's TOO LATE. Niam gives Lizzeh one of those looks -- and I give her credit for not kneeing him in the nano-groin -- before reaching out with both hands, attempting to strangle her in a misguided attempt at erotic asphyxiation.

Ronon jumps up, trying to save her, as Rodney stands around, popping his eyes in horror. Teyla helps Ronon, but Niam refuses to let go. Seeing his girlfriend gasping for air and near death, Shep pops out of his seat with a manly roar. He half-tackles Niam, sending the Nanobot flying into the rear compartment. *fans self* That was HOT and SEXY and AWESOME. Also? That move is actually described in Chapter 3: You Only Think You're Being Secretive About Your Love For Your Boss in my Shipper's Guide to TeeVee. He manages to single-handedly do what the Dynamic Duo of Conan and Xena could not, so yeah... I'd like to see someone try to wank that into Sheppard/McKay anal sex. Hrmph. Shep triggers the latch to close the bulkhead, while Rodney reminds everyone of Oberoth's T-1000 impersonation, Shep's all, "Zomg! I know!" And he jumps over hurdles, obstacles, and Ronon to hit the button to blow open the rear compartment. Niam: "Oh, ****." Door: *KABOOM* Then Niam gets sucked into the cold of space. Oops.

Angry Puppy continues covering the door, just in case Niam decides to retrofit himself with some nanite rocket boosters and fly back into the Jumper. Teyla helps Lizzeh into one of the chairs, and Rodney babbles his apologies for being TOO ****ING SLOW. Also, he has to make amends or Shep will kick his ass later. Ronon's all angry-puppied out, not to mention a bit wary of all the emoing going on. Shep remains in the pilot seat, but he turns to look at Lizzeh, voice lowering to THAT TONE that he ONLY USES FOR LIZZEH and deja vus a very "The Eye"-like "You okay?" *SWOONS* She tries to smile reassuringly, but it falls flat, and replies with a half-heared "Yeah" while not meeting his eyes. Because there are other people around and they can't say all the things they want to say, omg! Shep just gives her a haunted, lingering look -- you know, the one where he lets her know that he wants nothing more than to HEAL HER WITH ROUGH, LIFE-AFFIRMING, "YOU'RE ALIVE" SEX. Right. Now.

http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/john..._from=&ucat=5&

Ah, how much I love their unique view on things...

And re: Adrift:
                  Spoiler:

And as to the comments on 'Adrift', I don't know, I haven't seen it, but ... I think John has some issues to make clear in his mind, and one of them is how he feels about Elizabeth. If you say he reacted badly, I'm sure that someone who doesn't really know where he stands, when it comes to her, and is afraid of losing something dear would hang on what he knows best, i.e. his military trining and responsabilities, and what keeps his reality from colapsing. And then he would sink into despair when no one sees him and promise to himself and her that he will find her. Maybe it's just something he does to keep his mind off the fear that she'd be hurt. I think he's much more complicated than we know and he only lets others see his happy flyboy face, but deep inside I'm sure he'd be scared to death of the possibility of losing Elizabeth, of all the people.

BTW, when is that scene when he screams 'Elizabeth' like a mad man?!?! If it's not in the first 2 episodes then Sparky is way from over. My guess is that John would hide all his inner strugle with his own feelings very well from the others until .....
                  Well, you make good points there about him falling back on military training to help him through this situation, but there's no getting past the fact that no matter how scared he was of losing her, he gave a direct order to *kill her* by setting off an EMP that would deactivate the nanites in her body that were healing her, and without them keeping her alive, she would die. Clear causal connection, as we pompous law people say. So there's no 'telling himself he can find her later', she'd be dead if he had his way.

The thing I like is that he could only do it from a distance. Order McKay to kill her, or get Johnson [? random person?] to do it. But once she woke up, there was no more question of killing her. Once he saw her awake and talking and looking like herself again- OMFG, they SHAVED her HEAD- with a full head of hair and no bandages, no matter how vital it was to the city's security, he couldn't cold-bloodedly order her death anymore.

Also, on rewatching it, when McKay tells Keller that Elizabeth would be half-replicator [sic- it's ASURAN, why don't the writers get it right?] for the rest of her life, Keller says, 'Oh, Sheppard won't like that'. Which I find squee-worthy. She instantly thinks of Sheppard's reaction! Like she thinks he's going to be a part of Elizabeth's life for as long as she lives. Aw, a closet shipper, how sweet.

*btw, is anyone getting deja vu? I'm flashing back to Repli!Carter...so what do we call Elizabeth now? Asura!Beth?*

And when McKay tried to convince Sheppard to let the nanites do their thing and cure her, he said, 'She'd do the same for you'. As though it were the best argument he could come up with, that he thought would trump Sheppard's objections. I don't know how to convey my interpretation of the scene, but it was like he was using Sheppard's obvious attachment to her to manipulate him into doing something. McKay doesn't use his own opinion to back up his argument- which is interesting in such an egotistical person- he invokes Elizabeth's name to make his point. Then Sheppard says, 'You didn't know her well, then'. Which- ouch, past tense *hurts*. But he's clearly saying that HE knows her better than anyone, which helps a lot!

I haven't gotten the second ep yet, so I don't know when he calls her name frantically, as per promos.
                  Last edited by borgprincess; 12 September 2007, 04:26 AM.

Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

And because I love the recappers at Zero Point Snark, I must quote this seriously amusing and shippy analysis which is totally relevant to the discussion:

Spoiler:
                    Jumper of Anti-climactic Plot Twists. Lizzeh praises her team, all, "Nice work. All of you." Awww. She turns to Niam, who gives her a bashful look, because he's crushing on her SO HARD, OMG. She thanks him, but notices that his head is suddenly doing a weird robotic twitching of impending evil. He's all, "Something is happening." Teyla gives him a look, all, "Oh, that? Don't worry, that's just your Nanobot Rod of Love. All men react to Lizzeh that way." Niam's all, "No... it's brainwaves of evil from my planet, omg. I'M BEING RESET! They're taking away my feeeeeeeeelings." Shep makes a face of ohnoes as Lizzeh commands Rodney to FIX IT. So Rodney spends half an hour reaching into his vest to pull out the Gameboy Controller. But it's TOO LATE. Niam gives Lizzeh one of those looks -- and I give her credit for not kneeing him in the nano-groin -- before reaching out with both hands, attempting to strangle her in a misguided attempt at erotic asphyxiation.

Ronon jumps up, trying to save her, as Rodney stands around, popping his eyes in horror. Teyla helps Ronon, but Niam refuses to let go. Seeing his girlfriend gasping for air and near death, Shep pops out of his seat with a manly roar. He half-tackles Niam, sending the Nanobot flying into the rear compartment. *fans self* That was HOT and SEXY and AWESOME. Also? That move is actually described in Chapter 3: You Only Think You're Being Secretive About Your Love For Your Boss in my Shipper's Guide to TeeVee. He manages to single-handedly do what the Dynamic Duo of Conan and Xena could not, so yeah... I'd like to see someone try to wank that into Sheppard/McKay anal sex. Hrmph. Shep triggers the latch to close the bulkhead, while Rodney reminds everyone of Oberoth's T-1000 impersonation, Shep's all, "Zomg! I know!" And he jumps over hurdles, obstacles, and Ronon to hit the button to blow open the rear compartment. Niam: "Oh, ****." Door: *KABOOM* Then Niam gets sucked into the cold of space. Oops.

Angry Puppy continues covering the door, just in case Niam decides to retrofit himself with some nanite rocket boosters and fly back into the Jumper. Teyla helps Lizzeh into one of the chairs, and Rodney babbles his apologies for being TOO ****ING SLOW. Also, he has to make amends or Shep will kick his ass later. Ronon's all angry-puppied out, not to mention a bit wary of all the emoing going on. Shep remains in the pilot seat, but he turns to look at Lizzeh, voice lowering to THAT TONE that he ONLY USES FOR LIZZEH and deja vus a very "The Eye"-like "You okay?" *SWOONS* She tries to smile reassuringly, but it falls flat, and replies with a half-heared "Yeah" while not meeting his eyes. Because there are other people around and they can't say all the things they want to say, omg! Shep just gives her a haunted, lingering look -- you know, the one where he lets her know that he wants nothing more than to HEAL HER WITH ROUGH, LIFE-AFFIRMING, "YOU'RE ALIVE" SEX. Right. Now.

http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/john..._from=&ucat=5&

Ah, how much I love their unique view on things...

Heeee! ZPS has great recaps. Has it been updated lately?

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen View Post
                      I think Progeny was the last episode Pooh's done, to date.

Comment

Why do people keep saying John n Teyla when its clear John likes Weir(sp Wier?)
                        (cnt memba how to spell it lol)

Comment

No, sadly. :'[ I've been stalking both ZPS and their LJ but nada. *sniffs*

Anyone know them well enough to bug them about it? I want to start a petition to get them writing again.
                          Last edited by borgprincess; 12 September 2007, 04:52 AM.

Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

ZPS is da bomb! I lurve them. Also all the spoilers & such swirling about, I was so looking forward to these two episodes, and now I am left w/o any satisfaction.

What else did I expect? Where is Anuna, we need her pep talks!
                            sig made by me

Comment

Anyone know them well enough to bug them about it? I want to start a petition to get them writing again.
                              Well, you could always go ask her.

Comment

After seeing mspooh in San Diego, she said she probably won't do anymore recaps because of what's happened to then show ie: cast changes etc etc. I don't think she's watched the show for a while. She's quite angry about the whole thing.

At least, I think that's what she said. We were pretty drunk at the time... and flirting with the waiter.
                                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Working...
                                X