No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to the friendship moments that can be interpreted as shippy...well, *sigh* I suppose that's true but in TRW and CG and Seige 3 plus a multitude of other episodes which are documented in this thread somewhere there is something outstanding like a lot of Sparky moments....wish I knew what page that was on ^_^ ....and I agree with the post above. Sparky and Spanky are two ships for the price of one and I'm sorry, no brother looks at their sister that way...not at all. ^_^ I love my sparky! John and Elizabeth Forever....so spread the word, let TPTB know that we see something there. ^_^
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      That is no interruption!!!

I can add to it...

Hahaha, please keep interrupting us! Those are some pretty interruptions.

So, does anyone know any good Christmas-related sparky fanfics? =D If not, anyone feeling inclined to write one? *lol*!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins View Post
        We are now well into the back half of Season 3, so, curious little creature that I am, I want to know what you guys thought of the Sparky scenes, if any, so far and what you want to see for Season 4?

b) I'm satisfied with the subtle Sparky so far but want to see something a bit more canon.
        This is my pick. We'll see how things stand after this week's episode. The spoilers are quite interesting...

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        To me what most telling is that having had numerous chances to try to show a deepening bond between Sheppard and another woman, it always goes back to Sheppard and Weir.
        Exactly!! There have been some prime opportunities this season to further other ships and they didn't use them.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I vote for option b. also. S3 has been lovely at times for them and terribly frustrating at others. I think TPTB are still playing around with ships and after hearing that M&M will have even more to do with the show in S4 I am really afraid. Joe Mallozzi at last report is still big on Sheyla and denies any chemistry between S/W and R/T. I guess he doesn't watch the show, but anyway.
        This worries me as well, but I take comfort in this: In the beginning, Sheyla was the ship. They said it. But has it happened? Nope. Despite what they say, I think they figured out pretty quickly that Sparky's relationship was great. So now they're stuck because they had already said they were doing Sheyla and there were fans for that ship. What to do? Slowly move away from it. Of course, they wouldn't be TPTB without jerking all the shippers around while they do this. I want to believe they will stick to Sparky, but of course the proof will have to come on screen.

Also, with regards to any ship, I don't believe a word that comes out of anybody's mouth associated with the Gates. Easier on the blood pressure!
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
          Hahaha, please keep interrupting us! Those are some pretty interruptions.

So, does anyone know any good Christmas-related sparky fanfics? =D If not, anyone feeling inclined to write one? *lol*!
          heres one that i found on LJ - Written by suehsi

Fic
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
            I like it. You're very talented, Lili!
            Actually, Lili didn't make that, as she said - Naushika (on LJ) did. But it is very pretty, still! Noelle co-runs the J/E fanlisting.

With regard to the question thingy - I have to agree with Kirsten. If they do it right, it'll be wonderful. If they don't, I don't wanna see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              Well if we stay only in the sparky thread, then how are they to know that people want sparky and enjoy it.
              Precisely, but the last time I urged everybody to post on the episode thread one of our members was ridiculed and I had an exchange of words with a whumper. That won't stop me though. We just have to develop thick skins.

Now, a few words on Irresponsible.
              Spoiler:
              It wasn't the worst I've ever seen, but for the first time ever I found my attention wandering. Except when John was sitting in that chair all spraddle-legged. I didn't find it funny, and everybody except maybe Ronon was off character a bit. Rodney was downright comatose and John seemed to be making out grocery lists in his head or thinking about puddlejumper repairs. Anything but the task at hand. The gunfight was good but would have been better if longer and with Elizabeth in the background wringing her hands. High Noon, anyone? Did anyone else catch the line near the end when Lucius was urging them to stay and John remarked that they were already overdue? Could he have been concerned that she would worry? Or is that too much of a shippy stretch?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Precisely, but the last time I urged everybody to post on the episode thread one of our members was ridiculed and I had an exchange of words with a whumper. That won't stop me though. We just have to develop thick skins.
                Some of the other ships have been extremely vocal in episdoe threads and SGA season 3 threads - areas where TPTB are most likely to lurk. In the meantime, most of the Sparky fans didn't want to look like stalkers pushing their ship and stayed in this thread. Unfortunately, it is the squeaky wheel that gets the attention, and that is why some of TPTB think S/T is much more popular than it really is. If we want Joe M. and company to realize how many of us there are, we need to make intelligent and civil posts in the eppy and season 3 threads. If someone gets nasty, just ignore them. Post your thoughts and feelings and move on.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Hello, just wanted to say a little intro as I'm new to this forum. Been watching the show on and off since I saw "The Seige Part 3" on TV. Full time since this current season started.

I love Sheppard/Weir, otherwise I wouldn't be in this thread, and I have to say Elizabeth is my favorite on the show, followed by John.

That's it! Just an intro before I jump into the discussions.

Comment

Welcome, Princess! Suggest you pay a visit to the Torri thread as well then if you're a fan of Elizabeth. ^_^ New people are always welcome. What time zone are you in, if you don't mind my asking?

Comment

Originally posted by princessangels86 View Post
                      Hello, just wanted to say a little intro as I'm new to this forum. Been watching the show on and off since I saw "The Seige Part 3" on TV. Full time since this current season started.

I love Sheppard/Weir, otherwise I wouldn't be in this thread, and I have to say Elizabeth is my favorite on the show, followed by John.

That's it! Just an intro before I jump into the discussions.
                      Welcome to the Sparky Thread.

I can't wait for you to jump into the discussions. We have some great ones here!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, my time zone is EST, if that's any help?

Comment

It is. Thanks for enlightening.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            Some of the other ships have been extremely vocal in episdoe threads and SGA season 3 threads - areas where TPTB are most likely to lurk. In the meantime, most of the Sparky fans didn't want to look like stalkers pushing their ship and stayed in this thread. Unfortunately, it is the squeaky wheel that gets the attention, and that is why some of TPTB think S/T is much more popular than it really is. If we want Joe M. and company to realize how many of us there are, we need to make intelligent and civil posts in the eppy and season 3 threads. If someone gets nasty, just ignore them. Post your thoughts and feelings and move on.
                            I think part of the problem is that shippers opinions aren't respected, so people are reluctant to admit they're a shipper. I'm an unapologetic shipper and I think shipping is actually the norm. If The Long Goodbye hadn't had that shippy moment I probably wouldn't have loved it as much as I did. I don't like shippy moments between Sheppard and Teyla and I tend not to like those episodes as much. I don't think that makes my opinion any less valid. I like what I like. I say we let it all hang out and take pride in our love of romance.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                              Agreed! I also feel that there's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to adding shippy parts to an episode review. *shrugs* I actually think that MOST viewers have some shipping tendencies (maybe not going online about it, but thinking to themselves "aw, that was cute" of some sorts), it's a thing that is underestimated.
                              Also, I don't think we'd all storm the thread with a single comment like "OMGZ WHEEEEEEEEE SPARKYYYYYLOLOLOLZ!!11!", but write a nice commentary/list on the whole episode and include our approval of certain John/Elizabeth scenes. (;

And now for something completely different: Hey, it's page 1900! =D
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                                Agreed! I also feel that there's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to adding shippy parts to an episode review. *shrugs* I actually think that MOST viewers have some shipping tendencies (maybe not going online about it, but thinking to themselves "aw, that was cute" of some sorts), it's a thing that is underestimated.
                                Also, I don't think we'd all storm the thread with a single comment like "OMGZ WHEEEEEEEEE SPARKYYYYYLOLOLOLZ!!11!", but write a nice commentary/list on the whole episode and include our approval of certain John/Elizabeth scenes. (;

And now for something completely different: Hey, it's page 1900! =D
                                I think people only react negatively to ship when people make comments like "you totally have to see this or you're blind", or maybe when there are some overbearing shippers from other threads who cannot accept different POVs, and accuse people of spamming, and trying to brainwash people when they are the ones who act as if ship was a religion and people must be converted to the 'good' side.
                                I've made ship comments and so far no one has jumped at me, or acted aggressively, my philosophy is that if people can speak freely about how much they love the Sheppard and McKay show, and how much we they enjoyed a certain McKay and Sheppard scene, then other people should be able to enjoy the same right too.

Comment

Working...
                                X