Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feebus
    Hi, newbie here.

Thought it was about time I delurked as have been reading this thread for goodness knows how long, actually, probably close to a year.

Was lucky enough to go to the con this past weekend also, but sadly the pictures I took during the guest talks suck as does my camera, so it's nice to see good ones like Major Moomin's! But meeting JF certainly made up the crapness that was my camera.
    Hi Feebus!

What a shame about your photos...but...please tell us everything!!

Comment

Am just pleased my photo with JF & Aaron Douglas worked out fine.

My mind has gone a bit blank at the moment as am still suffering from lack of sleep from uni & the con.

From what I do remember, there were a few Duet related questions along the lines of "but what if it was Sheppard and not Beckett". Unfortunately, from what I remember, no Shep/Weir related questions and my mind went blank so couldn't think of any to ask.

Although, when was getting autograph's on Saturday, Joe asked where me and my friend were from (Glasgow), and he told us that his mother was from there, also said she didn't have red hair like me though. I did tell him it wasn't natural, but think he misheard me and thought I said it was natural as he replied "I know". I was like "huh?"

Comment

Am just pleased my photo with JF & Aaron Douglas worked out fine.

My mind has gone a bit blank at the moment as am still suffering from lack of sleep from uni & the con.

From what I do remember, there were a few Duet related questions along the lines of "but what if it was Sheppard and not Beckett". Unfortunately, from what I remember, no Shep/Weir related questions and my mind went blank so couldn't think of any to ask.

Although, when was getting autograph's on Saturday, Joe asked where me and my friend were from (Glasgow), and he told us that his mother was from there, also said she didn't have red hair like me though. I did tell him it wasn't natural, but think he misheard me and thought I said it was natural as he replied "I know". I was like "huh?"
        Hey, if he likes redheads I'm on my way. Just kidding. We're both married. Thanks for the info. I know you must be still in a trance.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi, newbie here.

Thought it was about time I delurked as have been reading this thread for goodness knows how long, actually, probably close to a year.

Was lucky enough to go to the con this past weekend also, but sadly the pictures I took during the guest talks suck as does my camera, so it's nice to see good ones like Major Moomin's! But meeting JF certainly made up the crapness that was my camera.
          Hey Feebus!

You went to the con?? cool! Maybe I saw you.. I was in the yellow top and jeans on friday night at the party...

It was great wasn't it!...and Joe..*sigh*
          Doesn't he have the most piercing eyes? You know it sounds really stupid and fangirlish... but it's different from seeing him in the same room to having him look diectly AT you. my heart was beating so fast! *lol*
          so autographs and photo sessions were definately a highlight!
          hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
            Hey Feebus!

You went to the con?? cool! Maybe I saw you.. I was in the yellow top and jeans on friday night at the party...

It was great wasn't it!...and Joe..*sigh*
            Doesn't he have the most piercing eyes? You know it sounds really stupid and fangirlish... but it's different from seeing him in the same room to having him look diectly AT you. my heart was beating so fast! *lol*
            so autographs and photo sessions were definately a highlight!
            I was at the party and meet & greet on the Friday, but was just sitting at the table drinking as the friend I was with doesn't drink and wouldn't get up and dance with me (which sucked).

I was in a longer black & white stripey top and grey jeans on Saturday though.

Joe was just lovely, came across as very nice and answered all the questions. Know what you mean about the eyes. And the other part, not at all fangirlish, I was the same!

Although, think there were some people who weren't too happy that he wasn't all for the slash and seemed kinda against it (think he used the word "disturbed" when describing his facial expression in Duet) as heard them discussing it in the toilets.

Comment

Hello, the con reports are really good to read, just wish I could go sometime!

Also, chapter 4 of Making his way Home is fiiiiiiiiinally up at fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/l/1833/0/0...997/995/0/0/1/

R+R!
              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Great con reports and pics. You all are really lucky! If there is one in Vancouver next year I might go. Right now I am in school and can't. Also don't have enough money.

Well I gotta go. I have a two hour test today and half of it is an essay.

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                  Hello, the con reports are really good to read, just wish I could go sometime!

Also, chapter 4 of Making his way Home is fiiiiiiiiinally up at fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/l/1833/0/0...997/995/0/0/1/

R+R!

Yay! Michael updated!!! I'm off to read now, but I'm sure it's brilliant..

Comment

WELCOME Feebus!!! Thanks for sharing... aww.. that's mean that your camera wasn't good... this just reminds me to take at least 2 of my 4 cameras with me to LFCC just to be sure *lol*

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                      Great con reports and pics. You all are really lucky! If there is one in Vancouver next year I might go. Right now I am in school and can't. Also don't have enough money.

Well I gotta go. I have a two hour test today and half of it is an essay.

Maybe I should aim for next year too. And hope that they have both Torri and Joe the next time around!

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat
                        As for the "behind" question asked at the con. Certainly Joe answered it with humor and dignity, as that is his style, but as a very shy person myself, I realize he was probably horrified inside. I remember reading something about a con long ago (one of his first) where he was very upset when someone made fun of his hair. Its just a question I wouldn't ask. Hewlett, on the other hand, would probably relish questions regarding his backside. Fans just have to remember who they are talking to, and take their personalities into consideration. Now I think this issue has been hashed around enough.
                        Okay, which meany said nasty things to upset Joe about his hair?? Ugh! His hair is excellent! It gives him something that sets him apart from all the other actors out there (as does that really cool, subtle style of acting he has. I love that he's so laid-back, but is also capable of such intensity!)
                        We should start a 'we love Joe's hair' thread! I mean look at it!! >>

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                          Okay, which meany said nasty things to upset Joe about his hair?? Ugh! His hair is excellent! It gives him something that sets him apart from all the other actors out there (as does that really cool, subtle style of acting he has. I love that he's so laid-back, but is also capable of such intensity!)
                          ITA! The fuzzy is beautiful the way it is! **Huggles fuzzy**

Welcome feebus and anyone else I may have missed!

Comment

Welcome Feebus & Arlilz & all other newbies! *waves*

I was at the party and meet & greet on the Friday, but was just sitting at the table drinking as the friend I was with doesn't drink and wouldn't get up and dance with me (which sucked).

I was in a longer black & white stripey top and grey jeans on Saturday though.

Joe was just lovely, came across as very nice and answered all the questions. Know what you mean about the eyes. And the other part, not at all fangirlish, I was the same!

Although, think there were some people who weren't too happy that he wasn't all for the slash and seemed kinda against it (think he used the word "disturbed" when describing his facial expression in Duet) as heard them discussing it in the toilets.
                            *waves* Cool I was also on the con. Maybe I saw you, but there were so many people, that it is a way too hard to remember you with only a cloths description. *hehe* My photo with Joe is on page 1145 I think, maybe you saw me. What a pity with your photos, but just take a look around, there are lot of photos posted on several pages. If you want I can give you some links?!

The meet&greet was really lovely, the scene when Jason picked Joe up from the floor was a way too funny, but also cute.
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome Feebus, and anyone else who I may have missed. I think its sooo cool for all the people who've got a chance to go to a con. I was looking at going to the one in Vancouver this year, but it falls the weekend before my final exams start (stupid in-class finals), plus being a student I haven't got the money to go . I'm hoping I can save up and go next year if there is one.

Until then I live vicariously through you all. Thanks for the great pics and reports. Sounds like you all had a really great time

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                                I totally agree! He's got great hair!

I think Lizzie would agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X