No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree with all those of you who are saying they can't kill off any of the stars. If someone decides to leave, they will. I mean the way they've lied to JF and failed to give him good stories, who would blame him? *bites tongue* DH has a movie coming out. Mitch, I hear, is busy elsewhere. TH is also doing a movie which she talks about in her interview on GW. But aside from all that I could easily see them getting rid of Weir and putting Daniel Jackson in her place, which from what we've heard about salaries and money concerns is unlikely. But still. Jason and Rachel would probably stay, but no job is safe in show biz.
    While no one is indispensable in the world of corporate America, I think it is less likely that we will lose JF or DH than anyone else on Atlantis. Their dynamic is one of the more popular elements of the show.

[rant]
    Personally I am absolutely and utterly against any permanent cast transplantation from SG-1... I think it is a mistake and will only serve to antagonize a very large section of Atlantis fans. TPTB need to start writing better for whatever characters they have rather than introduce more characters from SG-1 or dump people in the process.
    [/rant]
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      While no one is indispensable in the world of corporate America, I think it is less likely that we will lose JF or DH than anyone else on Atlantis. Their dynamic is one of the more popular elements of the show.

[rant]
      Personally I am absolutely and utterly against any permanent cast transplantation from SG-1... I think it is a mistake and will only serve to antagonize a very large section of Atlantis fans. TPTB need to start writing better for whatever characters they have rather than introduce more characters from SG-1 or dump people in the process.
      [/rant]

Amen!! SG-1 and Atlantis are supposed to be sister shows. I don't know about you, but I never share a toothbrush with any of my siblings - why would they wanna share main characters? It makes no sense!! A crossover once in a while, just to remind everyone of the roots of the show, but hopefully those are few and far between.

And if Torri goes, then I go. Elizabeth is also a vital part of the dynamic between John and McKay. I think people tend to overlook that sometimes.

And please, RANT ON! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks that.
      My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by firedust22
        Amen!! SG-1 and Atlantis are supposed to be sister shows. I don't know about you, but I never share a toothbrush with any of my siblings - why would they wanna share main characters? It makes no sense!! A crossover once in a while, just to remind everyone of the roots of the show, but hopefully those are few and far between.

And if Torri goes, then I go. Elizabeth is also a vital part of the dynamic between John and McKay. I think people tend to overlook that sometimes.

And please, RANT ON! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks that.
        LOL... I like your toothbrush analogy... Actually I wouldn't share one with the husband either except in an emergency situation...

I'm beginning to think I should start an Anti-Cast Transplant thread somewhere... That's all I seem to be talking about these days but it's something I feel really strongly about.

Let's hope Common Ground is good... we desperately need something different to talk about this weekend.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Yes start one because for some reason, the one where people where complaining about, was merged with the SG1 cancelation thread. Why I have no idea.

Your not the only one. Many people don't want this.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
            Yes start one because for some reason, the one where people where complaining about, was merged with the SG1 cancelation thread. Why I have no idea.

Your not the only one. Many people don't want this.
            i second that!!! i feel that the cast should be left alone, maybe an occasional guest appearance, but other than that... let Atlantis SHINE!!!...

connecting this to Sparky...hmmm... not a clue how to do that!! LOL... we dont want it to upset the existing chemistry between the characters!!

just my 2 bobs worth...
            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              LOL... I like your toothbrush analogy... Actually I wouldn't share one with the husband either except in an emergency situation...

I'm beginning to think I should start an Anti-Cast Transplant thread somewhere... That's all I seem to be talking about these days but it's something I feel really strongly about.

Let's hope Common Ground is good... we desperately need something different to talk about this weekend.
              Good for you! If you feel strongly, than you should speak up about it. Just watch out for tomatoes!

What say we dredge up the past a little bit, in the meantime?

"The Storm"

Kolya:"How's this for credibility? Dr. Weir is dead."

John: "I. Am. Going. To. KILL. You!"

awwwwww!!

Comment

If anyone else feels strongly about possible cast changes, please post here...
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...72#post5705972

We should go back to talking about S/W here...
                My apologies...
                sigpic

Comment

Good for you! If you feel strongly, than you should speak up about it. Just watch out for tomatoes!

"The Storm"

awwwwww!!
                  awwww... i remember that... that was when alot of people were converted to Sparkyness!!! i still think that the storm and the eye is one of the best two parters... EVER!!! LOL

Comment

Idk if this is the right place to ask, but this is pretty much the only forum I go to, so does anybody know of a good pic of Elizabeth smiling a genuine, pretty smile? One of my friends says she never smiles and I want to prove him wrong.

Comment

Spoiler:

Elizabeth: And I even left him a post-it right there on the door saying NO METAL IN THE MICROWAVE! I can't beleive it...

Heh heh...

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth
                        Idk if this is the right place to ask, but this is pretty much the only forum I go to, so does anybody know of a good pic of Elizabeth smiling a genuine, pretty smile? One of my friends says she never smiles and I want to prove him wrong.
                        Spoiler:
                        I took the liberty of cutting McKay outta this one...

Kind of a flirty half smile, but hey!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth
                          i know that she has smiled genuinely!! but all my photos are on my home computer... drannit

Comment

Of course she smiles! What sane woman wouldn't smile when every time she looked across her desk she saw John?

Spoiler:

Comment

"The Storm"

awwwwww!!

thats what got me in. even though i didnt want to ship anyone in this series after the experience of shipping sam/jack for so long on sg-1. and when i heard those words i was like... oh crap!
                              sparky all the way.
                              three's a crowd...
                              ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                              And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanutbutter
                                Of course she smiles! What sane woman wouldn't smile when every time she looked across her desk she saw John?

Spoiler:

^_^ I love her smile!
                                sigpic
                                Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                                |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Working...
                                X