Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gambit
    I think Liz needs to sit down and have a talk with him and actually find out what is going on in his head.
    *pokes fic writers*
    Originally posted by stubadingdong
    Spoiler:
    Ooo, and the "Are you ok?" in the jumper was very...hmm...I wanna say hot but that sounds so juvenile. But it was! Grrr!
    In all seriousness, it looked to me like John got a bigger scare out of that than Elizabeth. I think I saw a lightbulb go on over his head. For real.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Spoiler:
    The concern on his face (and the lingering shot of his reaction) melted me more than that scene on the balcony. The editing made it seem like the jumper scene was more about John than Elizabeth.

Comment

Progeny
      Spoiler:
      John's whole vision and the final goodbye to Elizabeth just about killed me. Really. I'd already figured out what was going on, but still.

Then at the end, when John tackled the Replicator to save Elizabeth? Yeah, there was some fangirlish glee there.

And the balcony! With the right people on it! Huzzah!

And a note about casting in The Real World...
      Spoiler:
      "Let my Cameron goooo!"
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
        Progeny:

Spoiler:
        I noticed quite a few Sparky moments! But the best ones came at the end - after they got Niam to stop choking Elizabeth and John asks her "You okay?" And he just looks and .... lingers. I think he was scared of what almost happened to her. And the balcony scene at the end. Well, what can I say? He knew where she would be. And she didn't even need to turn around. She knew he was here.

The Real World

Spoiler:
        The one scene for next week that caught my attention was seeing Liz in an isolation room and John outside saying "You have to fight this!" **SQUEE**
        Progeny:
        Spoiler:
        Indeed. It took me awhile, but as I was thinking back to that scene I realized... Since when does the planet Atlantis is on have a moon?

The Real World
        Spoiler:
        Yes, that had made me most pleased.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Marbles
          *pokes fic writers*

My thoughts exactly.
          Spoiler:
          The concern on his face (and the lingering shot of his reaction) melted me more than that scene on the balcony. The editing made it seem like the jumper scene was more about John than Elizabeth.
          I agree!
          Spoiler:
          It seemed like that whole jumper scene was more about John and his feelings for Liz. To me, it clearly showed on his face. I melted a few times in this episode.

We do need some fic writers to fill in the missing scenes though.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
            Spoiler:
            I would have loved to get a reaction shot of the others.
            Spoiler:
            Did you notice that Ronan pointedly looked over at John just before John asked Liz if she was okay? Like he knew something was up with Shep. Again, makes me think the scene was more about him.

Progeny/Conversion:
            Spoiler:
            Random thought that popped into my head a second ago: could he (John) maybe, possibly, have been remembering something eerily similar that happened to Liz in "Conversion"? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              Progeny
              Spoiler:
              John's whole vision and the final goodbye to Elizabeth just about killed me. Really. I'd already figured out what was going on, but still.
              That scene was so intense!
              Spoiler:
              I didn't figure out what was happening until people started evacuating through the gate, but my heart was beating so fast! I loved that scene, and especially how Elizabeth was stalling and kept looking back before going through. And John closing his eyes, waiting to die. Broke my heart in more ways than one.

Spoiler:
              Then at the end, when John tackled the Replicator to save Elizabeth? Yeah, there was some fangirlish glee there.
              I think I may have liked that even more than the
              Spoiler:
              "Are you alright?" I love how he let out this growl/yell thing and then just clobbered Niam. He saw that Ronon and Teyla weren't able to fight him off, so John stepped up and saved his girl, with one arm too! At least I think he only shoved him with one arm. Either way, we got to see how fierce he can be when someone he cares about is attacked. H.O.T.
              sigpic

Comment

does anyone have clips, again Lol.
                three's a crowd...
                ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  So, John is hot. Loved the new team-interaction thing that was promised and delivered. And the scene in John's head made me cry; it has happened SO many times in fanfic, even in my own writing, that to FINALLY see the look between John and Liz as he activated the destruct and she walked away was incredible. And TRW? "You have to fight this"? Can we all say SPARKY together? Great ep! One of the most intense, and I am really glad the plotlines are getting heavier, that is one of the things I felt was lacking a bit in SGA that SG-1 did really well--heavy plots. Our team did well!

*grins and rubs hands, writes fic about mind-probe scenes*

Comment

OMG! your killing me! i have to see it! someone bring me clips!!!!!!!!!!!
                    out of the goodness of ur sparky heart give me clips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    pretty please
                    three's a crowd...
                    ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                    And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

I finally got my husband to sit and watch an episode of SGA (which he hasn't watched since The Tower) and what happens? Half way through he looks at me and says,
                      Spoiler:
                      "Hey, this is just a remake from that SG1 episode where they betray Fifth! How STOOPID!"

The man will never sit in front of this show again, and I'm ticked off. This was just a rehash of SG1's "Unnatural Selection" which was an excellent episode and didn't need to be rewritten. Yeah, there was a balcony scene, and Shep saved her from replicator strangulation, but as a fan I really feel betrayed by the writers. For those who don't watch SG1, this episode will be terrific - it certain LOOKED great, but it was too much of a copy for me to enjoy it. *shrugs*

On to next week!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Progeny

Spoiler:
                        I wasn't a big fan of Unnatural Selection, but I think a lot of that was that I wasn't really feeling that special spark I used to feel from SG-1 as a team. I liked Progeny because of the characters and their relationships. I guess I'm just easy to please when it comes to this show.

Comment

Progeny
                          Spoiler:
                          Love scene when John saving Elizabeth. When John asked Elizabeth if she was ok. You can see on his face at that time he just realized that he could of lost Elizabeth. If he didn't tackle that Replicator in time.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Spoiler:

The man will never sit in front of this show again, and I'm ticked off. This was just a rehash of SG1's "Unnatural Selection" which was an excellent episode and didn't need to be rewritten. Yeah, there was a balcony scene, and Shep saved her from replicator strangulation, but as a fan I really feel betrayed by the writers. For those who don't watch SG1, this episode will be terrific - it certain LOOKED great, but it was too much of a copy for me to enjoy it. *shrugs*

On to next week!
                            Progeny:
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, I saw Unnatural Selection and didn't like it. Well-written, but boring and dry from a character standpoint (except Jack's). Progeny was filled with character interaction and intensity, which is why I love it. Though I do think the writers could have easily made an enemy like the Asurans without resorting to making them Replicators. It just would have been a little more talk on Oberoth's part instead of Rodney's.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sarievenea
                              Spoiler:
                              So, John is hot. Loved the new team-interaction thing that was promised and delivered. And the scene in John's head made me cry; it has happened SO many times in fanfic, even in my own writing, that to FINALLY see the look between John and Liz as he activated the destruct and she walked away was incredible. And TRW? "You have to fight this"? Can we all say SPARKY together? Great ep! One of the most intense, and I am really glad the plotlines are getting heavier, that is one of the things I felt was lacking a bit in SGA that SG-1 did really well--heavy plots. Our team did well!

*grins and rubs hands, writes fic about mind-probe scenes*

Spoiler:
                              I wish we could have seen that same scene from Elizabeth's perspective. I bet she would have stayed with him. Before I realized it wasn't real, I expected her to say she wasn't leaving without him. I did really enjoy that scene though. He is such a hero! I also loved the way he looked at her as he was saving her from the replicator. He really cares about her, and he's starting to have trouble denying it. It won't be long now gang!

Comment

I loved this episode, I just wonder what scenarios did Weir and Teyla lived through since they didn't say. And about TRW I think that maybe spaced guy might do something from where he is since he had a more prolonged contact with her. What do you think?

That's what Weir stands for.

Comment

Working...
                                X