Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised
    Ok I’m not sure who is who in that commentary (except for Joe) so I’m not going to name anyone just to be safe

Spoiler:

“The first time David says we’ve seen physical contact, because we cut the sex scene out of Siege II… ”

“I love that stuff though, I get caught in like you know, there is a whole fan division that doesn’t like what they call shipping, relationshipping, relationships on the show”

Flanigan: “is that what they mean by shipping?”

“-Yeah, yeah they think it kind of cheapens it and turns it into kind of a soap opera, but the reality is a hug is just a hug, like she is just happy to see him, she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead. It’s just you know, it’s nice that you can acknowledge, it speaks to the type of emotional turmoil that you don’t really get a chance to explain because of all the action and plot and stuff like that. So just doing a simple gesture like a hug just kind of says ‘these are people that care about each other’ … [laughs]”

heee! Did anyone say canon?

Sweet!!! Woke up this morning feeling rather pessimistic about this whole ship. I had been wondering lately whether I've been making a big deal out of a close friendship between the two especially after reading all the reasons why it would be so hard for them to get together. Must be the hiatus - the mind goes into overdrive.
    Anyway, I come back and you say you're seeing all these definitive Sparky moments. Please keep reassuring me it's just not all in my imagination.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Ok I’m not sure who is who in that commentary (except for Joe) so I’m not going to name anyone just to be safe

Spoiler:

“The first time David says we’ve seen physical contact, because we cut the sex scene out of Siege II… ”

“I love that stuff though, I get caught in like you know, there is a whole fan division that doesn’t like what they call shipping, relationshipping, relationships on the show”

Flanigan: “is that what they mean by shipping?”

“-Yeah, yeah they think it kind of cheapens it and turns it into kind of a soap opera, but the reality is a hug is just a hug, like she is just happy to see him, she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead. It’s just you know, it’s nice that you can acknowledge, it speaks to the type of emotional turmoil that you don’t really get a chance to explain because of all the action and plot and stuff like that. So just doing a simple gesture like a hug just kind of says ‘these are people that care about each other’ … [laughs]”

heee! Did anyone say canon?
      *So* totally wishing they weren't kidding
      Spoiler:
      about the sex scene! A little OT but did you think the bit they talk about at the end of Duet was weird? How they cut the McKay/Cadman kiss? I thinks those writers are hyped on sex-ing these Atlantis characters after the SG-1 tame G-rated stuff. Not that I'm complaining

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
        Sweet!!! Woke up this morning feeling rather pessimistic about this whole ship. I had been wondering lately whether I've been making a big deal out of a close friendship between the two especially after reading all the reasons why it would be so hard for them to get together. Must be the hiatus - the mind goes into overdrive.
        Anyway, I come back and you say you're seeing all these definitive Sparky moments. Please keep reassuring me it's just not all in my imagination.
        I didn't say it LOL It's from Siege III DVD commentary. It was either Martin Wood or Martin Gero who said it.. I'm not sure!

edit:
        Originally posted by explosion of color
        Spoiler:
        about the sex scene! A little OT but did you think the bit they talk about at the end of Duet was weird? How they cut the McKay/Cadman kiss? I thinks those writers are hyped on sex-ing these Atlantis characters after the SG-1 tame G-rated stuff. Not that I'm complaining
        Spoiler:
        Hee! I was wondering whether I heard that one right.. but Siege II was crazy, I think they're either joking or I really did hear it wrong

Comment

I didn't say it LOL It's from Siege III DVD commentary. It was either Martin Wood or Martin Gero who said it.. I'm not sure!

edit:

Spoiler:
          Hee! I was wondering whether I heard that one right.. but Siege II was crazy, I think they're either joking or I really did hear it wrong
          Thanks for quoting that Erised! I knew I had the wording not quite right!! I think it was Martin Gero who said that. He was doing a lot of talking throughout the whole commentary!!

Comment

edit:

Spoiler:
            Nope they did say that! Sooooo canon girls and boys

Comment

Spoiler:
              Well if they were just showing emotions because they're "two people that care about each other" then they must care about each other a WHOLE lot more than they care about the others to have so much emotional or physical contact with each other in alomost every ep in every season.
              Other men said they have seen angels,
              But I have seen thee
              And thou art enough. True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
              Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. To be in love is merely to be
              In a state of perpetual anesthesia:
              To mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god
              Or an ordinary young woman for a goddess.

SHEPPARD/WEIR SAM/JACK VALA/DANIEL 4 EVER!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sheppards2cool
                Spoiler:
                Well if they were just showing emotions because they're "two people that care about each other" then they must care about each other a WHOLE lot more than they care about the others to have so much emotional or physical contact with each other in alomost every ep in every season.
                This is ship diplomacy. I don't trust anything out of the actors or writers mouths in interviews about relationships in stargate because they have a fine line in this fandom to walk. If they openly take one side or the other they upset one group and loose viewers. It's a no win situation for them. I'm almost more inclined to believe that they intend a ship they refuse to comment on than a ship they are willing to talk about.

Comment

Originally posted by sheppards2cool
                  Spoiler:
                  If i'm commenting about someone's comment about a comment, do i still have to use spoiler tags ?.

Oooookay...
                  Spoiler:
                  I agree, they sure care about the other members of the expedition, but they don't seem to be joined at the hip to the others as they're to eachother. And if they've ever spend those long periods gazing at anyother than eachother's eyes i've missed it .
                  And when they stand beside other people there is personal space (which goes back to the zero personal space thing .
                  And on the sige 3 commentaries, remember way back when before the siege 3. There some people who i thought were being too optimistic, because they were saying they wished for a hug, and i thought tptb would not give us a hug because it was too soon. I know it seems to come out of nowhere, but these comments bring back memories *sigh*, i still can't believe we got the hug *shakes head*.
                  Back on topic, i have no idea if mister Gero (he was the one that said the infamous "a hug is just a hug" line, right?) is throwing us a hint, or if he honestly doesn't see the implications of that sweet moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                    Liz: I'm not so sure about this "Canon" and "Clip" stuff.

John: Canon is good, but this "clip show" thing sounds. . . .painful.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

FP, what's that clip show thing?

Originally posted by Luz
                      If i'm commenting about someone's comment about a comment, do i still have to use spoiler tags ?.

Oooookay...
                      Spoiler:
                      I agree, they sure care about the other members of the expedition, but they don't seem to be joined at the hip to the others as they're to eachother. And if they've ever spend those long periods gazing at anyother than eachother's eyes i've missed it .
                      And when they stand beside other people there is personal space (which goes back to the zero personal space thing .
                      And on the sige 3 commentaries, remember way back when before the siege 3. There some people who i thought were being too optimistic, because they were saying they wished for a hug, and i thought tptb would not give us a hug because it was too soon. I know it seems to come out of nowhere, but these comments bring back memories *sigh*, i still can't believe we got the hug *shakes head*.
                      Back on topic, i have no idea if mister Gero (he was the one that said the infamous "a hug is just a hug" line, right?) is throwing us a hint, or if he honestly doesn't see the implications of that sweet moment.
                      Spoiler:
                      Well of course you got a hug! You probably kept talking about it here, didn't you?.. You want a hug you get a hug, you keep saying "sparky", you get sparks in the background (even though those aren't related) , you want a kiss, you get a kiss, you want a closet you get... ookay nevermind jk!

But really, apparently tptb do see a point in shipping, even if it's just, just a hug . I wish we got "just [...insert sparky moment here...]" more often

Comment

I think it's all called acknowledgment without commitment...or something like that. Powers That Be love to do that. They excite and entice and at the same time not alienate those who don't see it. (Though really, how can one not?)
                        I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

edit:

Spoiler:

Huh?? What??? Is season 2 out on DVD somewhere??

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            Huh?? What??? Is season 2 out on DVD somewhere??
                            First four episodes are.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                              First four episodes are.
                              OMG! So who has them, apart from Erised? I can't believe the second season hasn't even been shown here...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                                First four episodes are.
                                I don't get why they do that. It makes more sense to have the whole series together.

Spoiler:
                                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Working...
                                X