Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lady Lethe
    In conclusion then, (Now that I've finished mindlessly ranting) I think if John and Elizabeth really wanted to have a relationship, they would be able to, although they would probably have to fight for it.
    I'm counting on it, i have to admit i'm masochistic, i like it when there are some obstacles that make the relationship nearly impossible, but not quite. What can i say, angst is good, so there has to be some oposition, some sense of "we shouldn't do this", if it's too easy it feels empty to me.
    But at the same time, i wouldn't want it to feel like it's impossible for them to be together, yeah, it's gonna be hard, but it could work.
    I think SGC would put some token resistance, but as you said the feelings are already there. They've been through so much, and they've proven that they can put their feelings aside when circumstances ask for it. If anything, i think ignoring and not acting on said feelings could affect their performance more than a relationship could.
    BTW Luz, Rodney's face made me burst out laughing! Hehehe
    Thanks .
    Last edited by Luz; 08 April 2006, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
      I think SGC would put some token resistance, but as you said the feelings are already there. Tehy've been through so much, and they've proven that they can put their feelings aside when circumstances ask for it. If anything, i think ignoring and not acting on said feelings could affect their performance more than a relationship could.
      They can put those feelings aside now, while we're only beginning the 3rd season. The question remains, "will they be able to a year or two or three down the road?" The closer they get, the harder it's going to be to separate their professional and personal feelings. I think that's when, if there's to be any SGC interference, it'll happen. Also, the longer they ignore or deny their feelings, I think more mistakes will occur.

Either way, whether they acknowledge and continue or ignore and deny, it's gonna be difficult. I don't think it's a question of accepting or refusing the feelings, I think it's the length of time it goes on for.

*scratches head*

Did I just contradict myself somehow? It doesn't look right.
      I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by stubadingdong
        They can put those feelings aside now, while we're only beginning the 3rd season. The question remains, "will they be able to a year or two or three down the road?" The closer they get, the harder it's going to be to separate their professional and personal feelings. I think that's when, if there's to be any SGC interference, it'll happen. Also, the longer they ignore or deny their feelings, I think more mistakes will occur.

Either way, whether they acknowledge and continue or ignore and deny, it's gonna be difficult. I don't think it's a question of accepting or refusing the feelings, I think it's the length of time it goes on for.

*scratches head*

Did I just contradict myself somehow? It doesn't look right.
        huh!?, I get you completely, and i agree. With time it'll get too difficult to keep on supressing their feelings. At the moment i don't think they even realise what is it that's happening between them, are they even aware of their attraction?. 'Cause to me they haven't stopped a moment to try to understand what kind of a relationship is developing between the two of them. Lizzie might have an inkling, she's been in the position of losing Sheppard so many times, i'm sure she has a grasp of the depth of her attachment, Sheppard might be bit more oblivious, however the way he cares about Elizabeth has shone through for a few unguarded moments.
        When they become more aware, and these feelings get deeper ingrained in them, and stronger, they'll be harder to ignore. And that's when they could interfere, but more if they try to ignore them than if they act upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          They are part of the West Gate AU, West Wing/Stargate Crossover. There are two novel length fics that focus on the Atlantis characters on earth, and the second subset are stories about Bartlet's middle daughter Ellie on Atlantis.
          Thanks Major Fischer! ... Off to read more fics.
          Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic
            Thanks Major Fischer! ... Off to read more fics.
            ooooohhhhh more fan fics!!!!! *runs off to read*
            ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
              It is UNREALISTIC not to expect any relationships occuring in Atlantis. There have been hints of it with Beckett/Cadman and Rodney/"mental blank?". These relationships have been military/civilian. The Atlantis expedition knows about it but turns a blind eye to it all.
              Would the same be applied to Shep/Weir?
              It's entirely likely that the answer is no. Cadman is comparatively low-ranking, and Beckett isn't in charge of everything either. Any relationship that John and Elizabeth are in will garner more scrutiny than anyone else's, and probably result in people crying foul no matter what actually happens.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                The mints are an example of why season breaks are dangerous times.
                Um, relative newbie here (well, from late last year)... should I be worried about the upcoming months?

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                  Um, relative newbie here (well, from late last year)... should I be worried about the upcoming months?
                  It's already been 2.5 months.. um, for some of us anyway.. Come on only like 3.5 months left.. and then there will be promo pictures and all the other spoilers and more previews on TV... with that and good fanfiction, we can manage .

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                    It's already been 2.5 months.. um, for some of us anyway.. Come on only like 3.5 months left.. and then there will be promo pictures and all the other spoilers and more previews on TV... with that and good fanfiction, we can manage .
                    I was thinking more about the craziness that seems to ensue around here during that time. Should I be scared?

Comment

I was thinking more about the craziness that seems to ensue around here during that time. Should I be scared?
                      Be afraid...Be very afraid!!!!

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

I'd meant to talk about this since last thursday, but i was really worried about a subject at uni and i wasn't in the mood (i did really badly on my first exam and i was worried i was failing). And yesterday i had this horrendous migraine.
                        But now i got my grades from my second exam, and i did great, so i'm in the mood to squee . I'm not out of the woods yet, but i'm better.
                        Anyways, i'd already seen Conversion, but you know how when you're watching an episode on the computer sometimes the quality isn't that good, and so many details scape you. Well, when i saw the episode on t.v i was hit full force by how shock full of sparky the episode was, WOW.
                        Do i need to use spoiler tags?, better safe.
                        Spoiler:
                        So many 'married' moments, i adored the "it's your answer for everything" line, i wonder how many times they've had conversations like this, if he knows she's going to bring up protocol.

"Come on Lizzie just once, noone is gonna use the briefing room at one in the morning".
                        "No, John, you know the rules. The briefing room is out of limits, it's only p..."
                        "Yeah, yeah, protocol i know". Protocol this protocol that, we can't go skinny diving because it's not protocol *pouts*.

And when she's going to tell him that he better not go off world, and he completes her sentence, i love it when they do this mind reading act .
                        And the angst, *omg*, it was so poignant when he told her it was better to kill him because "It's better for the both of us". SQUEEEE!!!!, not Atlantis, not everyone, but both of us, i can't stop from squeeing everytime i hear him saying it, because, see, they're not Sheppard and Weir, they're us.
                        I don't think i'm making any sense, but i just got some great news, and i'm in a silly mood right now, and i had to see the episode again because i couldn't fully enjoy it on thursday 'cause i was so worried.
                        And this part, i didn't feel the full extent of how charged it was the first time around, but it was angsty, and full of sparks. When she goes to see him and he's transforming and he tells her to double the security detail "DON'T ARGUE WITH ME!", he knew he was losing the battle against that buggy thing (virus?, whatever), and wanted to protect her, but she just couldn't stay away from him *sigh*.
                        Something that jumps at me every single time, is how the episode is so heavily focused on Elizabeth's reactions, her worry, her angst, and Sheppard and Weir's interactions *grining like an idiot* .
                        On a side note, loved John's senator Palpatine costume .

Comment

In a TV fandom, the hiatus is when problems are most likely to occur amongst fans. People get bored or antsy, and fights break out. That was one of the main reasons for the attempt at a scheduled episode-by-episode discussion last year, both to keep things on topic and to keep people from getting bored and picking fights with each other. Happens in the best of groups.

...speaking of the discussion, we completely missed last week. I'll try to get talking points on The Intruder up in the next day or two.
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            But now i got my grades from my second exam, and i did great, so i'm in the mood to squee . I'm not out of the woods yet, but i'm better.
                            Anyways, i'd already seen Conversion, but you know how when you're watching an episode on the computer sometimes the quality isn't that good, and so many details scape you. Well, when i saw the episode on t.v i was hit full force by how shock full of sparky the episode was, WOW.
                            Do i need to use spoiler tags?, better safe.
                            Spoiler:
                            So many 'married' moments, i adored the "it's your answer for everything" line, i wonder how many times they've had conversations like this, if he knows she's going to bring up protocol.

"Come on Lizzie just once, noone is gonna use the briefing room at one in the morning".
                            "No, John, you know the rules. The briefing room is out of limits, it's only p..."
                            "Yeah, yeah, protocol i know". Protocol this protocol that, we can't go skinny diving because it's not protocol *pouts*.

And when she's going to tell him that he better not go off world, and he completes her sentence, i love it when they do this mind reading act .
                            And the angst, *omg*, it was so poignant when he told her it was better to kill him because "It's better for the both of us". SQUEEEE!!!!, not Atlantis, not everyone, but both of us, i can't stop from squeeing everytime i hear him saying it, because, see, they're not Sheppard and Weir, they're us.
                            I don't think i'm making any sense, but i just got some great news, and i'm in a silly mood right now, and i had to see the episode again because i couldn't fully enjoy it on thursday 'cause i was so worried.
                            And this part, i didn't feel the full extent of how charged it was the first time around, but it was angsty, and full of sparks. When she goes to see him and he's transforming and he tells her to double the security detail "DON'T ARGUE WITH ME!", he knew he was losing the battle against that buggy thing (virus?, whatever), and wanted to protect her, but she just couldn't stay away from him *sigh*.
                            Something that jumps at me every single time, is how the episode is so heavily focused on Elizabeth's reactions, her worry, her angst, and Sheppard and Weir's interactions *grining like an idiot* .
                            On a side note, loved John's senator Palpatine costume .
                            Well done Luz!

Yep, 'Conversion' is my fave episode of s2.

I've just finished watching all the extras on the s2 volume 1 DVD. Joe, Martin Gero, Martin Wood and David H did the commentary on 'Siege 3'.
                            Spoiler:
                            Martin Gero mentioned 'a hug is just a hug' thing again...but...and I don't remember the exact wording...he said something like 'we had to show some emotion there. Emotion between these people who care about each other!! Also, this was the first time Joe learns what 'ship' is!!!

Last edited by Elinor; 09 April 2006, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                              In a TV fandom, the hiatus is when problems are most likely to occur amongst fans. People get bored or antsy, and fights break out. That was one of the main reasons for the attempt at a scheduled episode-by-episode discussion last year, both to keep things on topic and to keep people from getting bored and picking fights with each other. Happens in the best of groups.

...speaking of the discussion, we completely missed last week. I'll try to get talking points on The Intruder up in the next day or two.
                              "Intruder" is definitely one we need to re-examine.

A little OT, but I wanted to discuss some recent spoilers. I noticed on the main page that
                              Spoiler:
                              Woolsey will be coming to Atlantis (or at least discussing the Atlantis expedition, I assume it will be a clip who like one of the WOOlsey SG-1 episodes, but I think there is a good chance for Sparky in there. In the SG-1 episode ship was a fairly significant element in his report. I expect there will be more on Kavanagh's charges that Weir was overly emotional and Caldwell's observation about how close she and John are.

Any sides on that one yet Mel?

Thanks,
                              Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                                A little OT, but I wanted to discuss some recent spoilers. I noticed on the main page that
                                Spoiler:
                                Woolsey will be coming to Atlantis (or at least discussing the Atlantis expedition, I assume it will be a clip who like one of the WOOlsey SG-1 episodes, but I think there is a good chance for Sparky in there. In the SG-1 episode ship was a fairly significant element in his report. I expect there will be more on Kavanagh's charges that Weir was overly emotional and Caldwell's observation about how close she and John are.

Any sides on that one yet Mel?
                                I believe the episode you're referring to is Misbegotten, which has already filmed. So, no sides on that episode.
                                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Working...
                                X