No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my attempt to de-lurkify (if that's even a word) myself, I'm going to chime in on the dicussion about Siege pts 2 & 3.

What strikes me about these episodes is how much the relationship between Sheppard and Weir changed. When I rewatch the beginning episodes of the first season, I'm struck by how antagonistic their relationship is. They seem to get locked into a power struggle - or rather, it seems like John is constantly testing her authority. But somehow, by this point, they've reached a point where must be able to see that they compliment each other. Together they are much stronger than apart and they are both necessary to run Atlantis.

As an aside, I came into SGA at the beginning of season two during "The Siege pt 3". Actually it was the promos for season two that made me start watching it. So I had no idea there was supposed to be some kind of a relationship between Teyla and Sheppard until I: a) started visiting the boards and b) got season 1 on DVD. I still don't see it (well, except for the anvils in season 1 of course) and can't imagine how they thought Sheyla has ANY chemistry at all.

-Izzybaz

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      That was great!! I left a review. BTW how were you able to upload?! I haven't been able to for two days now!

Thanks! I did it on Friday.
      I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        That was great!! I left a review. BTW how were you able to upload?! I haven't been able to for two days now!
        Oh, good, someone else has been having problems with FFN too. I've been wanting to get the latest installations of my crossover up there and haven't been able to upload anything.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Okay Vancouver con folks - is the rumor true about what Joe Flanigan said. . . there will be NO Sheyla, and NO Sparky whatsoever - it would never work.

Also heard rumors that he got a bit miffed at the anti-kirk stuff.

I'm hearing this in a round-about way, so want to hear it directly from con-goers.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Okay Vancouver con folks - is the rumor true about what Joe Flanigan said. . . there will be NO Sheyla, and NO Sparky whatsoever - it would never work.

Also heard rumors that he got a bit miffed at the anti-kirk stuff.

I'm hearing this in a round-about way, so want to hear it directly from con-goers.
            Um, well I was kinda of drifting in and out, but i heard nothing mentioned at all about kirking. And I don't think there were any direct ship questions asked, so thats a no as well.

Can someone else clarify? Blue?

Lovebar made by natz099
            My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
              Um, well I was kinda of drifting in and out, but i heard nothing mentioned at all about kirking. And I don't think there were any direct ship questions asked, so thats a no as well.

Can someone else clarify? Blue?
              PartyLikeIts1984 was there, and mentioned in her LJ that there was a ship question asked, and Joe said that he didn't want any romance on the show. His reasoning was that if you start down that road, you have to go somewhere with it (Sam/Jack anyone?). She didn't say anything about the kirking issue, though.
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                She didn't say anything about the kirking issue, though.
                That's why I was checking - someone said they heard, from someone, who heard from someone (know how that is? ) that he wouldn't give a straight answer when asked about "kirking".

Comment

PartyLikeIts1984 was there, and mentioned in her LJ that there was a ship question asked, and Joe said that he didn't want any romance on the show. His reasoning was that if you start down that road, you have to go somewhere with it (Sam/Jack anyone?).
                  I got this from Moriah's blog on GW

Up next was Joe Flannigan who seemed much more relaxed than last year. Joe was asked by one audience member about the possibility of any kind of relationship involving Sheppard and Teyla and Sheppard and Weir to which he replied with the every so helpful "Possibly" but went on to clarify that he felt that relationships between leads was a very tricky think with potentially disasterous results. Basically, for all you Atlantis shippers out there, don't hold your breath for any kind of actual resolutions to whatever your ship may be cuz it just ain't gonna happen. However, if you're big on the UST then you'll be one happy camper. He mentioned that despite Epiphany being his idea that he was actually not all that happy with the end results. The Lord of the Rings lady from last year who called Joe an elf and mocked his ears was back again this year, this time to mock his apparently shabby salute. She came up on stage to give him a saluting lesson but apparently he's a lost cause. All I know is that he could salute backwards for all I care.

So, okay basically the same thing he always says with the addition of the word "possibly". Personally I like that word. As long as it applies to Elizabeth. Notice he didn't exclude her as he usually does. Now take this along with things Rachel has said recently about Teyla/Ronon, and I think I have decided to be a happy camper. I like UST. Can't get enough of it. Seems like it's going to be SOP standard operating procedure for you non-military types in season 3. Hey, a rhyme.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ah, I agree - the UST is wonderful, and I'll be happy to see more of that!
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

PartyLikeIts1984 was there, and mentioned in her LJ that there was a ship question asked, and Joe said that he didn't want any romance on the show. His reasoning was that if you start down that road, you have to go somewhere with it (Sam/Jack anyone?). She didn't say anything about the kirking issue, though.
                      Ah. I mustn't have been there lol.

I like the UST thing tho. RST isn't as fun

Lovebar made by natz099
                      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                        So, okay basically the same thing he always says with the addition of the word "possibly". Personally I like that word. As long as it applies to Elizabeth. Notice he didn't exclude her as he usually does. Now take this along with things Rachel has said recently about Teyla/Ronon, and I think I have decided to be a happy camper. I like UST. Can't get enough of it. Seems like it's going to be SOP standard operating procedure for you non-military types in season 3. Hey, a rhyme.
                        I agree that UST okay with me! I have seen too many shows where after the UST became RST the relationship just died. It seems like TV shows don't know how to portray lasting healthy relationships. Not to say that this never happens. I'm sure it does. But if Shep/Weir actually got together, no doubt TPTB would break them up again. Or one of them would die...

Now, I would personally prefer if it were mainly Shep/Weir UST and no Sheyla. I think that's the most that I can ask for!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

On that note. Just a thought. Has a word ever been so loaded?

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Possibly.
                            ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              On that note. Just a thought. Has a word ever been so loaded?
                              Its like Joe Mallozzi's old answers: Possibly, maybe, could be, sorta, perhaps, in other words - watch and see.

Comment

UST is wonderful, until you wear it out, like on CSI... So I hope they don't do that with Atlantis. Especially since it's so much more character-driven than SG-1 was to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X