Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
    I resent that. And anyway, it's your fault!...
    ...you know, I hear that a lot.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      How many West Gate fics have you written Melyanna? I've only ever seen and read The Pacific Rim? One of my faves BTW.

Spoiler:
      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        How many West Gate fics have you written Melyanna? I've only ever seen and read The Pacific Rim? One of my faves BTW.
        You can (eventually) find all of Mel's West Gate fics on LJ, here. I don't think she's got all of Revelation, the sequel to The Pacific Rim, up yet, but she's working on it. And then there's an Ellie Bartlet in Atlantis story, Alis Volat Propris.

But if you've read Pacific Rim, you'll want to move on to Revelation next.
        ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
        The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Purely out of curiosity...when will the next part of International Relations be up?

Curiosity...yes, that's it. *pokes Mel*
          Last edited by Major_Moomin; 29 March 2006, 08:39 AM.
          hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
            You can (eventually) find all of Mel's West Gate fics on LJ, here. I don't think she's got all of Revelation, the sequel to The Pacific Rim, up yet, but she's working on it. And then there's an Ellie Bartlet in Atlantis story, Alis Volat Propris.

But if you've read Pacific Rim, you'll want to move on to Revelation next.
            Wonderful! Thanks!!

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

I definitely want to see an episode about the minor characters of Atlantis sometime. Babylon 5 did an episode like that, and while it wasn't the greatest episode in the world, it did have the best Sheridan/Delenn kiss. That went on for a long, long time. And the two guys it was following around kept commenting on Sheridan and Delenn and saying that that's real love. But what I think would work in an Atlantis episode along these lines would be something like this:

Lorne: Where's Doctor Weir? I need to talk with her.
              Chuck: She's taking a break out on the balcony-
              Lorne: Thanks.
              Chuck: -with Colonel Sheppard.
              Lorne: Oh.
              Ah, dear old Chuck! He's like the gatekeeper of sparky sometimes... by the way Mel, your West Gate fic rocks! I'm looking forward to more Ellie/Lorne.
              I guess this is where my signature should go, right?

Visit my LJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                Purely out of curiosity...when will the next part of International Relations be up?

Curiosity...yes, that's it. *pokes Mel*
                When Part III starts cooperating with me again. Or I get off this WW/SG kick, one or the other.

gwenhwyfar, La gave you the link to west_gate, and she's right – I've now got all the WW/SG fics up there. I'll be updating the fic index shortly.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

When Part III starts cooperating with me again. Or I get off this WW/SG kick, one or the other.
                  Oh well! *sighs* I've never seen WW in my life... I like the cross-overs that you've been writing, but they don't pull me in as much as IR-- which I adore. *gives your muse some cookies for encouragement*

Heh... I need more 'ship fic...

Comment

Hello!

I'm a "Newbie"! Last night I finally joined this forum and I have been having a good time so far. This is the third time I've told this story but, I came across Gateworld a month ago and had been enjoying just reading all of these threads. I then read that RDA was coming back for a few episodes and that sped up my idea to join. I had a few thoughts on that matter

Anyhoo, I wanted to say that I saw some form of connection between Sheppard and Weir from the beginning. It did not start out as a romantic possibility for me at first. I was more into the "Atlantis Idea" happening. It can be tricky when you want to introduce romance into Sci-Fi. It has to be done in a certain way or it can ruin a story. I think I liked how the show has hinted and put the possibility out there over time. It gave me the opportunity to see if It was something they could, at some point, run with. I fully believe that Sheppard and Weir have a chance at being a truly speacial couple. If they continue at a slow boil/burn, they can create something actually quite lovely.(As long as they don't pull a Sam/Jack move)

Happy Posting
                    It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Welcome FaithStars!

Hope you enjoy it here on the thread. I'm gonna jump in and ask you if you have an umbrella... Foolish has a habit of Tossing mint covered cakes. They're dusty too.
                      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

LOL! Yeah, I have an umbrella, did you say mint coverd cakes? The word CAKE is not safe to use around me right now, being that I am on a diet!! I hate it, but it's working.

Great.......Now when I go to sleep toningt I'll be dreaming of mint cakes, chocolate cakes and others just falling from the sky like rain!

Happy Posting
                        It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                          Little advice....don't take the mints if they offer them.
                          I'm well aware of the danger.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

“Le monde a tellement de regrets
                          Tellement de choses qu'on promet.
                          Une seule pour laquelle je suis fait
                          Je t'aimais, je t'aime et je t'aimerai...”

~ Francis Cabrel

Comment

Originally posted by FaithStars
                            Anyhoo, I wanted to say that I saw some form of connection between Sheppard and Weir from the beginning. It did not start out as a romantic possibility for me at first. I was more into the "Atlantis Idea" happening. It can be tricky when you want to introduce romance into Sci-Fi. It has to be done in a certain way or it can ruin a story. I think I liked how the show has hinted and put the possibility out there over time. It gave me the opportunity to see if It was something they could, at some point, run with. I fully believe that Sheppard and Weir have a chance at being a truly speacial couple. If they continue at a slow boil/burn, they can create something actually quite lovely.(As long as they don't pull a Sam/Jack move)
                            Hi Faith. I have to admit that I didn't see any Shep/Weir ship in the beginning (hides head in shipper shame). When I first saw Rising I was hit on the head by the blatant Sheyla anvils, but since I've never been one to be told what to think I simply couldn't ship them in my head! All I could see was Shep constantly flirting with Weir, and her letting him without any hint of "back off major, I'm totally in love with a man on earth and he's waiting for me to come back to him." I only saw anything coming from Weir at the the cliff hanger of seige part 2 that had me weeping into my tv ("come back Shep!"). And then there came the hug. nuff said.

Visit my LJ?

Comment

Originally posted by mirafemina
                              Hi Faith. I have to admit that I didn't see any Shep/Weir ship in the beginning (hides head in shipper shame).
                              You're not the only one, don't worry. It doesn't matter when you saw the light, as long as you've seen it. Took me half of season one to even comprehend the possibility of this ship.

a time to mourn

Comment

Since I'm new to this posting lark I thought I'd pop by one of the Sheyla threads to see what people talk about there - I have to say that I understood the words they were using, but the phrases made no sense. They talk about some sort of connection between shep and teyla, and how lots of episodes in seasons 1 and 2 are sheyla shippy.... have they been watching the same show? doesn't sound like the SGA I know...
                                Also made the mistake of lurking in the anti Shep/Weir thread - now that IS a scary place!

Visit my LJ?

Comment

Working...
                                X