Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qasim
    Ooooh it has a name
    It always had a name in my book, ever since I did my LJ recap when it first aired.

Originally posted by Dorka
    GUP
    Spoiler:
    Ohhh, I loved that whale....hope it will return...well maybe John and Elizabeth could go to a diving-trip and seeing him *lol*
    Spoiler:
    Over in the Ask Joe thread, he finally got to my question about it (one of the last few to make it in before he left!) and hinted that we may see the return of the whale!

Originally posted by xkawaiix
    Ditto!
    Spoiler:
    I just hope it's a veggietarian. (sp?) Wouldn't want them getting eaten!
    Hee...
    Spoiler:
    I doubt it could be vegetarian - an animal of that size would have trouble finding enough plant material to support itself that far out in the ocean. However, I have a theory that it evolved from the same lineage as humpback whales (which, coincidentally, appeared in their current form "several million years ago")... and as humpback whales are filter feeders, if these creatures are not too different, I doubt that they would find our heroes a tasty snack.
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by *AtlantisFan*
      Tonights episode is Grace under Pressure.

I'm very excited to watch it cause it's supposed to be very funny, hope there's some Sparky since it's mostly a McKay based episode.
      I think we've got Grace Under Pressure next Wednesday on SKY, I'm looking forward to this one too.

I am devoted to Shep but have to say Rodney has a special place in my heart, he just really cracks me up. It will be great to see what his smutty little mind conjurs up with Sam! By the way do we ever see any more of Katie Brown?
      sailing the ship to Sparkyville!

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
        Hee...
        Spoiler:
        I doubt it could be vegetarian - an animal of that size would have trouble finding enough plant material to support itself that far out in the ocean. However, I have a theory that it evolved from the same lineage as humpback whales (which, coincidentally, appeared in their current form "several million years ago")... and as humpback whales are filter feeders, if these creatures are not too different, I doubt that they would find our heroes a tasty snack.
        Spoiler:
        Well, some of the big whales on earth - like the blue whale - eat krill, filter feeders like you said That isn't vegetarian but our GUP whale wouldn't be interested in Liz and John so... let's get them their diving-trip
        Beeing crazy is nothing you need to be ashamed for. It's something that makes you unique.
        ~ And it's fun but we all know that, don't we?

Comment

Can we please keep the conversation on the Sparky ship. Some people here may not have time to read off-topic post.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ukumai
            Spoiler:
            Well, some of the big whales on earth - like the blue whale - eat krill, filter feeders like you said That isn't vegetarian but our GUP whale wouldn't be interested in Liz and John so... let's get them their diving-trip
            Oh, no argument there! And blue whales do eat krill... but they gotta eat a whooooole lot of it - several thousand pounds per day!

Comment

Gah - finally can get on to GW!

Anyway, the conversation about GUP
              Spoiler:
              the whale thingy that helps them find Rodney
              somehow converted into a Sparky fic in my head, so I took half an hour and scribbled down this little bit of nonsense. I've decided to blame it on xfkirsten.

Spoilers of a sort for Grace Under Pressure. Rating K or G or whatever it is these days.

An Evening Break on LJ

An Evening Break on ff.net

No beta because I wrote this on impulse.
              ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
              The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                Gah - finally can get on to GW!

Anyway, the conversation about GUP
                Spoiler:
                the whale thingy that helps them find Rodney
                somehow converted into a Sparky fic in my head, so I took half an hour and scribbled down this little bit of nonsense. I've decided to blame it on xfkirsten.

Spoilers of a sort for Grace Under Pressure. Rating K or G or whatever it is these days.

An Evening Break on LJ

An Evening Break on ff.net

No beta because I wrote this on impulse.
                I know what you mean! I got stuck trying to make a post for the last hour!

*giggles*
                Spoiler:
                Yay for whale fic!!! Whale fic AND Sparky!
                I gladly accept the blame.

And for those who haven't seen yet - Darren has confirmed that it is Torri! Hooray!

Comment

So, saw Inferno

Spoiler:
                  and there was shippiness! I loved it when Elizabeth said 'smitten?' and she did that 'smitten' look on her face...and she obviously knows what smitten means! and trying to make John jealous by asking what the leader looked like...i bet the only reason he didn't get jealous was cos he knew the guy wsan't a hottie..if it had been Dylan Hunt (and not Dr Warner from the SGC...), i bet he wouldn't have let Elizabeth anywhere near him.

I've noticed John's habit of watching Elizabeth whenever he's in the same room a her, even when other people are talking, is intensifying. he barely takes his eyes off her now

What is with Brandy Ledford getting in the way of my ships? First it was the Dylan/Trance (or Dylan/Andromeda, if you prefer) she was getting in the way off, and now John's flirting with her. but i notice although he reached to grab her when everything fell apart, he let go off her first. guess he realised once he actually had her in his arms, he realised it wasn't her he wanted in his arms, but a certain brunette instead..... Besides, she quite obviously liked Rodney, and I swear he was doing it just to annoy Rodney, not out of any actual interest in her. I notice Jon didn't flirt with her in front of Elizabeth - in fact, he seemed barely aware of her existence when Elizabeth was in the same room.

And then there was Elizabeth standing on her balcony, alone, looking up at the stars, waiting for John...<sigh>

And the best bit was John being totally certain that Elizabeth would not only find a way to get to the, but she wouldn't give up until she did. Look like he's now got complete and utter faith and trust in her..i love that!

i know you've probably all said all this already, just thought i'd add my two penn'orth.
                  Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

It's been confirmed! gumboYaYa is indeed Torri Higginson!
                    but some people already knew that *points to self and other folks who know their names*

Comment

Elizabeth: John, I'll have to cancel our dinner plans.
                      John: What? Again?? That's the third time this week!
                      Elizabeth: I know, I'm sorry. It's this forum thing! It's much more addictive than I thought. But I'll make it up to you this Sunday with the wiped cream. I promise

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                        Anyway... WELCOME NEWBIES!! MF, I LOVE you sig. Now we just have to get Mel to finish Revelation. Well, that and International Relations. And, well, all the writers out there need to FEED ME SPARKY FIC!!!

Ahem. Sorry... *slinks off to do productive things*
                        I might have been able to finish the next chapter last night if the cold medicine hadn't knocked me out so thoroughly. The bright side is that I'm feeling much better, though.

And yes, folks, it's been confirmed that that was Torri. I still say everyone should leave the woman breathing room. Wouldn't want to overwhelm her.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          And yes, folks, it's been confirmed that that was Torri. I still say everyone should leave the woman breathing room. Wouldn't want to overwhelm her.
                          My thoughts exactly. I really loved that she just could come in and chat it up with everyone last night, and I wouldn't want her to feel overwhelmed or bombarded trying to do that.

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I really loved that she just could come in and chat it up with everyone last night, and I wouldn't want her to feel overwhelmed or bombarded trying to do that.
                            She was here? Dd she mention anything about Sparky?
                            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

I agree. I just posted words to that effect in the wow thread. As in "can we get back to normal and talk about Elizabeth and stop the insanity".
                              I really just wanted to stay away from there before. A couple of us tried to quieten things down, with limited success.
                              I was away from my computer for 5 hours and got back to find ten pages of random chatter. Very, very annoying. And not the sort of thing you want Torri to be facing.
                              I know newbies want to be there too, but they really need to cool it and stop spamming! Hopefully that's ended now
                              Now we have Torri and Rainbow lured in... how about Joe??? Anyone think we can con him into coming on? Is he the one who's a technophobe??

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                                She was here? Dd she mention anything about Sparky?
                                Nope, nothing sparky and given the fact there's an attempt underway to keep ship things out of the thread, I don't know if anyone will ask her. It'd be nice if she just talked about things generally.
                                Especially about working with Joe and David. Those three are THE stars of the show as far as I'm concerned. The connection between the three of them is fantastic to watch!

Comment

Working...
                                X