No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just walked by my front door and there was a black snake climbing up the glass storm door. I think he was going to ring the bell. I yelled for Mr. SR to come see and he (the snake, not the mister) slithered away. He was about 3 feet long. We have one in the neighborhood we call Big Papa that is much bigger. This must have been an offspring. Since we have woods all around, this comes as no surprise. Snakes don't bother me much unless they are poisonous.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Just walked by my front door and there was a black snake climbing up the glass storm door. I think he was going to ring the bell. I yelled for Mr. SR to come see and he (the snake, not the mister) slithered away. He was about 3 feet long. We have one in the neighborhood we call Big Papa that is much bigger. This must have been an offspring. Since we have woods all around, this comes as no surprise. Snakes don't bother me much unless they are poisonous.
        Cool! And yet, creepy. *in Indiana Jones voice* "Snakes....why did it have to be snakes?"
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

One time I opened up the bulkhead doors from inside the basement only to have a snake pop up. I screamed and ran like hell. My mother said it was the fastest she'd ever seen me move.

I once had a dog who hated snakes so much he would grab them in his mouth and fling them across the yard.

Comment

Should have captured it slithering upwards, then given him hands in order to make it elligible for the Sneks With Hands twitter page.

I would probably have squealed like a girl, danced around yelling "SNAKE!!??!!"... maybe taken a picture of it, definitely more squealing and then would have run away to find the longest stick I can find to poke it back from whence it came.

Considering I keep well away from the slowworms the cats in the yard sometimes catch, yelling out from 2 meters away to leave the animal be before running for the shed and getting a spade to hurl the legless lizard back into the scrubs to live another day.

The only snakes I like a little -- also from afar though -- are ball pythons. They're kinda cute.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Should have captured it slithering upwards, then given him hands in order to make it elligible for the Sneks With Hands twitter page.

I would probably have squealed like a girl, danced around yelling "SNAKE!!??!!"... maybe taken a picture of it, definitely more squealing and then would have run away to find the longest stick I can find to poke it back from whence it came.

Considering I keep well away from the slowworms the cats in the yard sometimes catch, yelling out from 2 meters away to leave the animal be before running for the shed and getting a spade to hurl the legless lizard back into the scrubs to live another day.

The only snakes I like a little -- also from afar though -- are ball pythons. They're kinda cute.
              There wasn't time for any of the above because I scared him more than he scared me. He slithered along the edge of the house and around back. Logic tells me that he can't get into the basement because water doesn't get in but I can't let that fester in my brain. No, I won't think about it ever again. Mr. SR says he'll take care of the mice. Mice? We don't have any mice. Does that mean we have enough snakes to eat all the mice? No, I won't go there either.

We have skinks that like to live on the outside of our house around the windows. They sometimes come in through our fireplace. I used to panic and never stop until they were gone. Now I just shrug and hope they head into the basement.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                One time I opened up the bulkhead doors from inside the basement only to have a snake pop up. I screamed and ran like hell. My mother said it was the fastest she'd ever seen me move.

I once had a dog who hated snakes so much he would grab them in his mouth and fling them across the yard.

Heh, yeah that's probably how I would've reacted if it had been me. It's one thing if they're in a tank in a zoo with a nice thick layer of glass between us, very cool to look at, but out there in the wild? Nope, no way, no thank you, initiating getting the hell outta here maneuver.

There wasn't time for any of the above because I scared him more than he scared me. He slithered along the edge of the house and around back. Logic tells me that he can't get into the basement because water doesn't get in but I can't let that fester in my brain. No, I won't think about it ever again. Mr. SR says he'll take care of the mice. Mice? We don't have any mice. Does that mean we have enough snakes to eat all the mice? No, I won't go there either.

We have skinks that like to live on the outside of our house around the windows. They sometimes come in through our fireplace. I used to panic and never stop until they were gone. Now I just shrug and hope they head into the basement.
                *shudders*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Black snakes are good to have around. I'm pro snake, however the flight (scream) instinct tends to be dominant so it's more like AHHH! then I'm like "pretty". And "please go the other way".
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

And then I always wonder what goes around these animals' heads when they see us 2-legs freak out.

Comment

And then I always wonder what goes around these animals' heads when they see us 2-legs freak out.
                        "Damn, I'm good! I made that big thing run away!"

Comment

Woohoo, another one down! This is too easy! SCORE!

Comment

My grandma always used to say the same thing about some snakes, bugs, etc. that they won't hurt you but they'll make you hurt yourself trying to get away from them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

My grandma always used to say the same thing about some snakes, bugs, etc. that they won't hurt you but they'll make you hurt yourself trying to get away from them.
                              *gets the mental image of all the bugs, snakes, and other critters getting together every week to compare notes and tally up the score*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*gets the mental image of all the bugs, snakes, and other critters getting together every week to compare notes and tally up the score*

Comment

Working...
                                X