X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Sing it sistah!
    Spoiler:
    I think it was just Joe not wanting to be nekkid. That seemed to be the least of his problems in that hot mess. And also it seemed like he wasn't very involved in the whole thing, and she was trying to show off that body of hers, which got her chosen as the sexiest woman in the world in some magazine. So, yeah. I think it was supposedly based on Heavy Metal, but I don't know anything about that comic, so can't say for sure. It is a comic, right?

Sorry guys, but I have to miss the postathon today. I'm not too upset since it's Quarantine though. We're going to see Man of Steel. So yay.
    Lucky! Watching Man of Steel is on my to-do list. I plan on sticking around for Quarantine so I'll be here in your place. Temporarily, that is.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    After visiting my Stargate friend twice, I've seen 14 season 4 episodes, from Reunion to Midway.

Do I miss Weir? Yes I do. She was my favorite in SGA from the very beginning and even though I'm glad she was replaced by Sam and not some to me unknown third person, the show just isn't the same without her.

Seeing Sheppard so sad makes me sad, he misses her, no doubt about it. He wanted to go after Weir, but Sam wouldn't let him - it was too dangerous, she said. Which is odd, it has never stopped them before - what happened to the "leave no man behind" principle?

To be honest, I don't think Sam is acting that much un-Sam like. Her role is different now that she's the leader of the expedition, just as Jack changed when he got in charge of the SGC. It is however strange that there are whole episodes where she just isn't there. I know it had to do with the availability of AT, but still...

A ship is often what makes a good show even better, and now that Weir is gone, it feels like SGA suffers from the lack of a proper ship - at least to me it is

I knew that Weir would return as a replicator, so it didn't come as a surprise when it happened. Is Weir really dead? I'm not so sure, at least so far we only have replicator!Keller's word for it. I enjoyed watching the scenes between replicator!Weir and Sheppard - I hope to see more of that
    I missed Elizabeth a lot after she left so I stopped watching SGA for a few months then picked it back up just recently. I finally finished season 5 yesterday. The last two season's just don't have the same feel that the first three did.
    sigpic
    Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
      To be honest, I was relieved and glad SGA never picked an "official" ship for Sheppard. Mostly because I know it would not have been the ship I would have preferred.

But if you want a proper ship, I guess you'll enjoy watching Season 5 - of course, the ship does not involve John or Elizabeth, but it's pretty much The Ship of SGA, given all the screen-time it received.
      Oh, it almost sounds as if it's a cruiseline size ship? That's not necessarily a good thing I like my ships to be subtle, discrete, mostly based on body language and long looks, with occasional outbursts of kissing and touching - and a dash of confirmation from TPTB at the very end of the show's run of course

Comment

today is spoils of war right?

Comment

I think it's Quarantine...

Comment

I got internet @ home now yay very happy about that

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Oh, it almost sounds as if it's a cruiseline size ship? That's not necessarily a good thing I like my ships to be subtle, discrete, mostly based on body language and long looks, with occasional outbursts of kissing and touching - and a dash of confirmation from TPTB at the very end of the show's run of course
              Oh, there's nothing subtle or discrete about that ship. They kind of beat you over the head with it!

Honestly, I think TPTB wanted John/Teyla to be that discrete angsty "Sam/Jack" of SGA. I think their intention was to make the audience believe that John was pining for Teyla while she was not terribly interested. They kind of failed with that (IMO), but I think that was what they wanted their relationship to come across. My opinion is based on a certain dream/hallucination scene from season 5.

Comment

Oh, there's nothing subtle or discrete about that ship. They kind of beat you over the head with it!

Honestly, I think TPTB wanted John/Teyla to be that discrete angsty "Sam/Jack" of SGA. I think their intention was to make the audience believe that John was pining for Teyla while she was not terribly interested. They kind of failed with that (IMO), but I think that was what they wanted their relationship to come across. My opinion is based on a certain dream/hallucination scene from season 5.
                Well, if TPTB wanted an angsty ship in SGA like the Sam/Jack one in SG-1, then it wasn't really a very good idea to beat us over the head with it, was it?
                And to me it doesn't sound like a very good ship, if Teyla acted as if she wasn't interested - I guess I'll just have to wait and see

Comment

Seeing Sheppard so sad makes me sad, he misses her, no doubt about it. He wanted to go after Weir, but Sam wouldn't let him - it was too dangerous, she said. Which is odd, it has never stopped them before - what happened to the "leave no man behind" principle?
                  The idea that John never went after Elizabeth, not a single time, makes no sense at all. It is totally OCC!!! Even if we would not consider Sparky, John would have never left anyone behind, not after all the things he did to bring back other people in the past. Why change now? It doesn’t seem right from any perspective, Sparky or otherwise.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    The idea that John never went after Elizabeth, not a single time, makes no sense at all. It is totally OCC!!! Even if we would not consider Sparky, John would have never left anyone behind, not after all the things he did to bring back other people in the past. Why change now? It doesn’t seem right from any perspective, Sparky or otherwise.
                    I couldn't agree more - and it's also OOC for Sam to judge such a mission too dangerous without seeing an actual plan for it.

Didn't they try to find Ford when he went missing?

Comment

Didn't they try to find Ford when he went missing?
                      Yes, they did. John tried his best to bring Ford back, even when Colonel Caldwell's argument was that Ford was no longer a friend, he still went after Ford. And not to mention Elizabeth’ situation was very much similar to the situation in Rising when Colonel Sumner and the others were captured by the Wraith and John tried to convince Elizabeth to let him go search for them.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Yes, they did. John tried his best to bring Ford back, even when Colonel Caldwell's argument was that Ford was no longer a friend, he still went after Ford. And not to mention Elizabeth’ situation was very much similar to the situation in Rising when Colonel Sumner and the others were captured by the Wraith and John tried to convince Elizabeth to let him go search for them.
                        Oh yes, that was a pretty risky rescue mission too. When I joined this thread a couple of weeks ago I was friendly "warned" that not all here likes Sam. The fact that one of her very first decisions is to say no to even try to rescue Weir must not have helped - I know that I would have been pretty mad at Weir if the roles had been reversed.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I will be here for the post-a-thon tonight but I’m not sure if I can be here next week, we’re going to visit family over what’s known as ’midsummer’ here which is on Friday but we’ll be gone until Sunday.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          I had done one some time ago (Feb 22)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...s.jpg~original
                          I still love that pic, it looks great.

The whole thing was very OOC of John and especially leaving someone in the hands of the enemy and especially knowing exactly what the enemy is capable of, I mean knowing the kind of mind torture your friend is more than likely exposed to would give anyone nightmares.
                          sigpic

Comment

I never got that feeling. It's weird because I know they wanted to beat us over the head with that ship but the only time I felt they were really trying to make it happen was during early season one. The rest of the show it felt like they'd given up. So, even if that's what they wanted, it never translated on-screen, to me.

If a fan needs to read and watch every interview to know where tptb are trying to go, then that's a failure on tptb's part. I as a fan need them to show, not tell. And these ptb just wanted to tell us everything about this "ship" but if you watch the show it's very hard to see any of their intentions projected there (unless one has their sheyla goggles screwed on tight I guess, lol), they really suck at that.

That hallucination scene, if that was supposed to be a reflection on John's ~feelings, then I guess he was pining for Ford too, lol. And we all know the only reason Elizabeth didn't show up in his dream was because tptb were more than happy pretending she didn't exist. Because she was Sheppard's greatest remorse. Everything about that dream and the little speech about not rescuing a team mate when he had the chance, screams Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                              If a fan needs to read and watch every interview to know where tptb are trying to go, then that's a failure on tptb's part.
                              I couldn't agree more

I'm looking forward to the hallucination scene, sounds interesting...

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to the Quarantine post-a-thon!

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                If a fan needs to read and watch every interview to know where tptb are trying to go, then that's a failure on tptb's part. I as a fan need them to show, not tell.
                                In-very-deed.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X