No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My interview got cancelled at the last minute. They'd had a career fair the prior day, and found candidates with experience. So they no longer wanted me.

I'm feeling very drained by this whole experience.

Comment

You'll find a job, I'm sure... You have the knowledge.
      These people have no idea what they're missing out on.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        My interview got cancelled at the last minute. They'd had a career fair the prior day, and found candidates with experience. So they no longer wanted me.

Are you signed up with Monster.com or something like it? That was a big help for SR Jr at one time. I know you'll find the perfect place but job hunting is the pits.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

*hugs* Don't give up, the right job IS out there waiting for you.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Are you signed up with Monster.com or something like it? That was a big help for SR Jr at one time. I know you'll find the perfect place but job hunting is the pits.
          And sometimes, taking a little break can help too. But then, that's true for many things in life.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Pittsburgh 28-0, USC beat UCLA 52-35, Tennessee beat Missouri 24-20, Rhode Island lost to James Madison 55-21, Air Force beat New Mexico 44-22, and Navy beat SMU 35-28. On to Week 14!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow, the Falcons are on a winning streak!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and another early early day for me!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Yep!

Comment

You'll find a job, I'm sure... You have the knowledge.
                  These people have no idea what they're missing out on.
                  Thank you! *hugs*

I've been using Indeed. But I will try Monster too. Thanks for the tip!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  *hugs* Don't give up, the right job IS out there waiting for you.

And sometimes, taking a little break can help too. But then, that's true for many things in life.
                  Yeah I'm taking a few days off.
                  *hugs*

And Rhode Island is on a losing one!

Comment

And Rhode Island is on a losing one!
                    Aw... maybe the Falcons can share some of that winning streak.

Comment

Mini pre-turkeyday twin report:
                      Spoiler:
                      Thing 1 and Thing 2 were recently introduced to bubbles. This happened.

Thing 1: Wow!!! Look at that! Can I catch them?
                      Thing 2: This is new. I must study the situation.
                      Thing 1: So pretty!!! *laughs hysterically and claps*
                      Thing 2: They are actually falling all around and landing on my toys. Perhaps I need to examine one.
                      Thing 1: More Daddy!!! Don't stop now!!!! *jumps*
                      Thing 2: I will extend one hand and attempt to grab one.
                      Thing 1: *flails*
                      Thing 2: Maybe if I use both hands. *wrinkles forehead* Exactly what am I expected to do with them?

So we've got one who rushes in where angels fear to tread and one overly cautious. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't help but be reminded of our two cats. We have a daredevil and one who's afraid of his shadow/tail.

We're in the process of looking for a house to buy and my sister was talking about having a garden. Finn will probably have his claws firmly around the doorframe, having to be pulled claw by claw in order to go outside, while Faro would rush out... never to be seen again. So, it was determined, Faro will have to learn how to go outside on a leash.

Comment

I can't help but be reminded of our two cats. We have a daredevil and one who's afraid of his shadow/tail.

We're in the process of looking for a house to buy and my sister was talking about having a garden. Finn will probably have his claws firmly around the doorframe, having to be pulled claw by claw in order to go outside, while Faro would rush out... never to be seen again. So, it was determined, Faro will have to learn how to go outside on a leash.
                          Cats and kids, so alike in so many ways. Dogs too. My son and his wife have a dog who flunked out of doggie school twice.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aw... maybe the Falcons can share some of that winning streak.
                            They could certainly use it!!

And Southern Red, the twins are hilarious! I love how their personalities are coming through so clearly.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Spoiler:

Thing 2: They are actually falling all around and landing on my toys. Perhaps I need to examine one.
                              Thing 2: Maybe if I use both hands. *wrinkles forehead* Exactly what am I expected to do with them?

So we've got one who rushes in where angels fear to tread and one overly cautious. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
                              Hahahahah! They're so precious!

OMG, cats.

Comment

Spoiler:

They are too stinking cute!

Happy house hunting!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Pittsburgh 28-0, USC beat UCLA 52-35, Tennessee beat Missouri 24-20, Rhode Island lost to James Madison 55-21, Air Force beat New Mexico 44-22, and Navy beat SMU 35-28. On to Week 14!
                                TN is bowl eligible for the first time in three years. Phew!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X