No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      So, you're in Nashville then?
      I'm close. It's my hometown, my parents live there. That might technically make me a tourist now, maybe I should stop complaining about them, lol. Fan Fest was fun. They did a 'buy one ticket get three free' sale the week prior, it was a great deal. Melissa Benoist was listed for guest appearance, but she didn't make it. A lot of the Arrow cast were there.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been enjoying this Canon Monday! We had to make an emergency trip to the mainland today...to get a new TV because the old one crapped out on us last week. Gotta be ready for Game of Thrones, am I right?

Let me guess, Wonder Woman is one of them? I haven't seen it either, and with the way I'm striking out lately, it's probably a good thing I decided to wait until it hits cable.
      Soooo ready for GOT! I read the books first, feels strange to be heading into unknown territory. And yes, Wonder Woman/DM3/Homecoming...I'm getting so far behind, I have a feeling I'll be catching some on the small screen. I just finally watched Dr. Strange, it's on Netflix now!
      Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 11 July 2017, 04:45 PM.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Melissa Benoist was listed for guest appearance, but she didn't make it. A lot of the Arrow cast were there.
        Probably because Supergirl started filming again last week. Marc Guggenheim's been posting schedules on his twitter.

I follow a lot of people from the CW Arrow/LOT/Flash/Supergirl verse so I was aware there were a couple present. Which is wickedly awesome and jealous-inducing. The Americans always get the best deals when it comes to conventions.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Soooo ready for GOT! I read the books first, feels strange to be heading into unknown territory. And yes, Wonder Woman/DM3/Homecoming...I'm getting so far behind, I have a feeling I'll be catching some on the small screen. I just finally watched Dr. Strange, it's on Netflix now!
          Haven't read the books, and now that the show has gone beyond the books, I think I'll wait until the show is over before I read them.

Yay for Dr. Strange! Isn't it just the trippiest of trips?

Probably because Supergirl started filming again last week. Marc Guggenheim's been posting schedules on his twitter.

I follow a lot of people from the CW Arrow/LOT/Flash/Supergirl verse so I was aware there were a couple present. Which is wickedly awesome and jealous-inducing. The Americans always get the best deals when it comes to conventions.
          It's certainly convenient, that's for sure!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It was wickedly awesome, but I must admit to being very jealous of Australians earlier this month, particularly those located in Melbourne.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Haven't read the books, and now that the show has gone beyond the books, I think I'll wait until the show is over before I read them.
              The show and the books have become two different entities, long before the show surpassed the books.
              Season 1 and 2 might still be considered in line with the first books but there's a lot happening in the books and the show that doesn't happen or happens differently in either entity.

Comment

The show and the books have become two different entities, long before the show surpassed the books.
                Season 1 and 2 might still be considered in line with the first books but there's a lot happening in the books and the show that doesn't happen or happens differently in either entity.
                I read the books and enjoyed them very much, tried to watch the show but was put off by the nudity and sex. Odd, I know, but reading it and seeing it on the screen are two different things to me. And since one of my pet peeves is when they change things in a book for seemingly no good reason, I guess it's just as well I don't watch. Along with the rest of the world, I'm waiting for the next book. It's been so long, I've forgotten most of what happened.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I saw it, I saw it, I saw it! I got to see Spider-Man: Homecoming! *doing a happy dance* This time I got a ride down to the ferry instead of trying to drive myself; good thing too, because all the parking was full again.

Anyway, the movie was AWESOME, Tom Holland as Peter is adorkable, the John Hughes-esque high school vibe is sweet and hilarious, spiritual!Dad!Tony is sweet and sad (f you Howard), and of course,
                  Spoiler:
                  PEPPERONY IS BACK ON THE MENU!!!!

There's that too.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I read the books and enjoyed them very much, tried to watch the show but was put off by the nudity and sex. Odd, I know, but reading it and seeing it on the screen are two different things to me. And since one of my pet peeves is when they change things in a book for seemingly no good reason, I guess it's just as well I don't watch. Along with the rest of the world, I'm waiting for the next book. It's been so long, I've forgotten most of what happened.
                  Heh. Of course, making changes/cutting things for time happens whenever there's a book-to-TV/film adaptation...I'm still miffed they left the Scouring of the Shire out of The Return of the King.

Comment

Ah Game of Thrones, we've been hearing for so many years that "Winter is Coming", so if it is actually finally here, we've waited for so long that I think we've earned the chance to see some freaking White Walker invasion war.

But, at this point, if you asked me how invested I was in the setting and characters...
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Heh. Of course, making changes/cutting things for time happens whenever there's a book-to-TV/film adaptation...I'm still miffed they left the Scouring of the Shire out of The Return of the King.
                      Can you imagine the outcry if they had stuck to book!Daenarys who is no older than 13 when she's married off to Khal Drogo.

I have to admit though, that's one of the storylines in both book and serie I'm a big fan of.

Daenarys Targaryen, rightful Queen to the Iron Throne. And a match with John Snow would not go amiss, so that we have a powercouple on the throne to the 7 Kingdoms. Other favorites of mine: Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark, Sansa has grown on me, Bran, Brienne of Tarth (and her companion, forgot his name at the moment), Samwell Tarly, Jaime Lannister and Bronn (OMGoddess, how much I love Bronn ).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Ah Game of Thrones, we've been hearing for so many years that "Winter is Coming", so if it is actually finally here, we've waited for so long that I think we've earned the chance to see some freaking White Walker invasion war.

But, at this point, if you asked me how invested I was in the setting and characters...

Can you imagine the outcry if they had stuck to book!Daenarys who is no older than 13 when she's married off to Khal Drogo.

I have to admit though, that's one of the storylines in both book and serie I'm a big fan of.

Daenarys Targaryen, rightful Queen to the Iron Throne. And a match with John Snow would not go amiss, so that we have a powercouple on the throne to the 7 Kingdoms. Other favorites of mine: Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark, Sansa has grown on me, Bran, Brienne of Tarth (and her companion, forgot his name at the moment), Samwell Tarly, Jaime Lannister and Bronn (OMGoddess, how much I love Bronn ).
                        Podrick (nicknamed Pod). I've got pretty much the same list of faves as you do.

Comment

Podrick (nicknamed Pod). I've got pretty much the same list of faves as you do.
                          Thanks. I knew it started with P and an O but drew a blank as to the rest of the letters.

A colleague of mine and I have this thing going that when I correct a document and she has tested it, and it's okay to upload it to the production server to make it available for use, she'll send me the following message: "Let loose the arrows! Time to kill Rickon!". So when the upload is then complete, I'll reply with, "Rickon is dead!".

Of course, then someone notices our convo and they want to know about Rickon and why we are so violent towards him. However, it's enough to say it's a geek-thing about Game of Thrones. Most colleagues don't want to know more cause they're not in the know about the show.

Geek-speak flourishes among a select few in my company.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Thanks. I knew it started with P and an O but drew a blank as to the rest of the letters.

A colleague of mine and I have this thing going that when I correct a document and she has tested it, and it's okay to upload it to the production server to make it available for use, she'll send me the following message: "Let loose the arrows! Time to kill Rickon!". So when the upload is then complete, I'll reply with, "Rickon is dead!".

Of course, then someone notices our convo and they want to know about Rickon and why we are so violent towards him. However, it's enough to say it's a geek-thing about Game of Thrones. Most colleagues don't want to know more cause they're not in the know about the show.

Geek-speak flourishes among a select few in my company.
                            LMAO! OMG that's so bad and I love it! (heheheh poor Rickon LOL, it's like he's the new Kenny)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

I'm being lazy, staying home to watch Once Upon A Time and Xena- Warrior Princess.
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X