Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
    K, Google comes up empty and it's not at ffn.

Just incase i'm wrong, i'll link it anyway.

Clint Eastwood by dirty_diana (nc17)

Yep, that link works

Lovebar made by natz099
    My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      Wow...I come back to find you guys giving some novella posts about the foundation of the SWR. How enjoyable to read such well constructed and reasoned posts! Bravo to all.

As for any Shep/Teyla things...well, there's not much I could possibly add that hasn't been said already. It is beyond my capacity for logic how anyone could watch the first two seasons of this show and honestly think that Teyla is the most important person to John Sheppard. He may think she's the hottest woman in Pegasus to look at but for someone who does, he sure doesn't spend too much time looking and even less time trying to get to know her on a personal one-to-one level. None of us should even have to 'defend' that. It's a matter of fact-not opinion. Any fence-sitter or Sheyla can go back and watch the episodes and make a record of the one-to-one conversations John and Teyla have had together compared to the one-to-one personal convos he's had with Elizabeth. I've never sat down and done that but I assure you, it wouldn't even be close. In my experience, if a man is truly interested in a woman personally on any level, even if he just wants to bag her, he will go to the effort and trouble to seek her out and get her attention on him and interact with her. Odd that John does that only with Elizabeth if he's so interested in Teyla. That's not my bias talking or anyone else's here-that's a fact that can't be spun.
      OMG! There's a Weir/Zelenka thread! How funny is that?? "You are the loop!" I love that line!

Anyway, I absolutely agree with you Bama. I can't for the life of me see what the Sheylas see. Obviously they see something, or there wouldn't be so many of them. I just think perhaps it's based to a certain extent on the fact that they look good together. (face it, John would look good with anyone!!)

Like you, I can't really think of any stand-out Shep/Teyla moments that really develop their characters. Him standing up for her when Elizabeth had her things searched, I guess is a point. But at the same time, he defended Elizabeth's desire to interview all of Teyla's people when Teyla questioned that, too. He was looking at things rationally, as he would if it was a dispute between, say Ford and McKay.

Anyway, we don't need to defend ourselves, least of all here. Bottom line is, there's been a lot of John/Elizabeth development. Both personally and professionally.

Comment

WE LOVE YOU BAMA!!!!!!

Hi everyone *waves*
        just poppin in to say g'day to y'all

Share the shweir love
        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
          OMG! There's a Weir/Zelenka thread! How funny is that??
          *tears down Weir\Zalenka poster*

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Okay, so ik'm just here to add my two cents too about the end of saison 2. imo, if Elizabeth is gonna be more darker at the end of the season, it is because when
            Spoiler:
            Phoebus will take the control of her, we have understood that Lyzzie was aware of that in a certain manner (because of the "he cares more about you than you know" or something like that, except if I have misunderstood the fact that Halan was talking to Phoebus and not to Elizabeth), and, at the end, as far as we know it, there is no discussion as in Conversion... so everything is possible, but to be back to the subject, I think that Phoebus personnality/character will simply let some aftereffects on Lyzzie personnality
            , and so she will be darker than before, but with time I hope and think that she will evacuate her darker side, I don't want an evil lyzzie on the show (except if John must have to rescue her...)

Comment

Originally posted by juju77
              Okay, so ik'm just here to add my two cents too about the end of saison 2. imo, if Elizabeth is gonna be more darker at the end of the season, it is because when
              Spoiler:
              Phoebus will take the control of her, we have understood that Lyzzie was aware of that in a certain manner (because of the "he cares more about you than you know" or something like that, except if I have misunderstood the fact that Halan was talking to Phoebus and not to Elizabeth), and, at the end, as far as we know it, there is no discussion as in Conversion... so everything is possible, but to be back to the subject, I think that Phoebus personnality/character will simply let some aftereffects on Lyzzie personnality
              , and so she will be darker than before, but with time I hope and think that she will evacuate her darker side, I don't want an evil lyzzie on the show (except if John must have to rescue her...)
              very interesting but i think that i agree with you there...

Comment

I just noticed that the same person who started the Sheppard/Teyla thread also started the Weir/Caldwell thread and the Anti Sheppard/Weir thread. Everybody probably knows this but I'm slow in noticing these things...

*shakes head* Exactly how much can one person be against Shep/Weir...
                When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
                My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

OK, little fic rec

I Knew I Loved You by drey'auc475

Lovebar made by natz099
                  My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by Finnstardust
                    I just noticed that the same person who started the Sheppard/Teyla thread also started the Weir/Caldwell thread and the Anti Sheppard/Weir thread. Everybody probably knows this but I'm slow in noticing these things...

Hmmm. You're not the only one who's noticed that. It's all about building support for anything but Shep/Weir. To me, that says you feel that your personal ship is threatened....

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
                      So, finally I uploaded the Fanfic.

Afterthoughts

Thanks again to LurkerLa for beta

That was a good epilogue to the episode (not that I've seen it yet... nor am I likely to for quite a while)

Okay, I know this is like 10 days late, but I don't have regular net access. And I have something like 28 or 29 pases to read!

Alli, who *will* have a sig soon!

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                        OK, little fic rec

I Knew I Loved You by drey'auc475
                        oohhh i so second that... it is an awesome fic....

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
                          That was a good epilogue to the episode (not that I've seen it yet... nor am I likely to for quite a while)

Okay, I know this is like 10 days late, but I don't have regular net access. And I have something like 28 or 29 pases to read!

Alli, who *will* have a sig soon!
                          Heh - this is a fast-paced thread. Go away for a day and you might have more than five pages to catch up on.
                          ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                          The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

OMG!!

I'm going to the Battlestar Atlantia Convention in January!!

*jump* JOE FLANIGAN!! *squeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Comment

Originally posted by Evenstar
                              OMG!!

I'm going to the Battlestar Atlantia Convention in January!!

*jump* JOE FLANIGAN!! *squeeeeeeeeeeeee*
                              OMG!!!! that is so awesome!!!!!... i would so love to be there... is it in Germany... if so... where?

Comment

Originally posted by Finnstardust

Really? I haven't noticed that. Hehe someone really has some major issues, doesn't he? hehe

SapphireJewelledQueen, very beautiful story

Comment

Working...
                                X