No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and as far as I"m concerned, John got infected with nanites in The Real World and everything that happened after was the nanites torturing him.

Yes, that means a few episodes I loved get the ax, but I still count it as a positive.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I greet you from the shores of the Atlantic Ocean in France.
      Sounds glorious! Hope you're having fun!

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
      I like to think that S's 4-5 and the legacy books never existed
      I love sailing on the Nile.
      Me too!

BTW, those Legacy books aren't officially canon are they?
      Depends on who you ask, but no, for me they aren't.
      Totally not canon.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Falcon, I love your icons and sig!!! MINIONS!!!!!

Hello everyone. I got a "Cameron" named Coca-Cola today and thought of you all. I hope you are all well.

Sparky forever!
      *hugs you and snuggles you*

Oh, and as far as I"m concerned, John got infected with nanites in The Real World and everything that happened after was the nanites torturing him.

Yes, that means a few episodes I loved get the ax, but I still count it as a positive.
      Headcanon so very approved. And hey, even if the rest of the series was all in John's head, WE STILL GOT SPARKY. BECAUSE HE REALLY IS IN LOVE WITH HER. Take that, naysayers!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge #82
        "Inspiration." Let your inspiration be your guide.

RodneyIsGodney

raduzhok

slizzie1986

sigpic
        Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

My laptop charger died, and I have been traveling recently without my computer, so I haven't been able to post on this site in a while.

I had a good laugh reading through this thread, though.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I watch Cedar Cove also, and did you see Teryl show up as a badass on Supernatural last season?

I also love love When Calls the Heart on Hallmark. Lots of Stargate alums end up on there. In fact, Paul McGillion played a con man pretending to be a preacher on one ep. I have seen several familiar names like Neill Fearnley and Martin Wood in the producing and directing credits also. If you like sweetness and beautiful scenery, that show hits all the buttons, and the ship is to die for.
          I don't watch Supernatural, but I've seen pics of her part. I'm definitely going to find the episode. Although her FB page includes what looks like caps of every second her character is on screen. I probably saw the whole thing already, lol.

Ooh, that show sounds perfect. I'll definitely look it up. I think seeing Stargate alums will warm my heart.

I might have an issue with catching up on Hallmark shows now, though. I wanted to see if I'd be able to watch the third season premiere of Cedar Cove online, and my cable provider isn't listed on the site, even though it's a huge company. I'm also nowhere near my house with the cable box. Now I'm bummed. I recently ordered season two, so I won't be able to start watching season three until next month most likely, but I'll need to find a way to catch up that doesn't involve the Hallmark Channel, I guess.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          I'll try not to make a habit of this unless something really noteworthy happens, but David Hewlett has had his first appearance in Dark Matter. Aaaaand, he's still playing McKay, basically. Except if McKay was a sinister corporate handler who dealt with the galactic underworld.
          I was screaming when David Hewlett came back. Oh, my god. The best. I need to go and watch a Dog's Breakfast now.

Actually, I thought I saw a brief image of him in one of the earlier episodes when one of the ship's screens was flickering. I didn't see any mention of it online, though.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          Ugh...

Spoiler:
          She has a guy, but Ronon makes a better pairing.
          Spoiler:
          I think I was pro-Teyla/Ronan until his little incident with Jennifer. Couldn't help myself. I like 'em. Though, arguably, Teyla and Ronan probably have more in common, so..

BTW, those Legacy books aren't officially canon are they?

Also, I'm totally in love with OUAT & The Flash
          There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about what was considered canon after the show. I said that I didn't consider any of the books canon despite the fact that they had to be approved by MGM. Someone pointed out to me that the Stargate shows' writers had to meet MGM approval with their scripts (I guess?), but, ultimately, I would rather those writers' work be considered canon instead of fanfic writers who base their writing on the original characters that they themselves did not create through writing for the show. Not to knock on fanfic at all, but I just don't take that post-series stuff to be official, otherwise pretty much anything could slip through and become "canon." *cough*Sheyla*cough*

If MGM put a stop to that, then it seems kind of clear to me that they regret that it was included in the first place, so that already puts up a red flag with regard to the book series and how seriously it should be taken.

More like "what if" stories, like everything else fan-made.
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
            If MGM put a stop to that, then it seems kind of clear to me that they regret that it was included in the first place, so that already puts up a red flag with regard to the book series and how seriously it should be taken.
            That's my take on it, as well. At the end of the day, MGM is a business, and no business that wants to stay afloat and make money for their shareholders is going to throw good money after bad.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Works for me. And what could torture him more than having to go through life without Elizabeth?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              That's my take on it, as well. At the end of the day, MGM is a business, and no business that wants to stay afloat and make money for their shareholders is going to throw good money after bad.
              ITA, I hear that if you aren't looking for it, you hardly see any Sheyla in most of those books. Too bad MGM didn't realize how many more books they could have sold if they had put a stop to it earlier. Oh well, their loss. But when you choose authors who write Sheyla fanfic that makes Elizabeth out to be a cold-hearted witch that nobody likes, what do you expect?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Works for me. And what could torture him more than having to go through life without Elizabeth?
                Exactly.

ITA, I hear that if you aren't looking for it, you hardly see any Sheyla in most of those books. Too bad MGM didn't realize how many more books they could have sold if they had put a stop to it earlier. Oh well, their loss. But when you choose authors who write Sheyla fanfic that makes Elizabeth out to be a cold-hearted witch that nobody likes, what do you expect?
                Indeed. MGM would've been better served if they had stuck to the previously tried-and-true formula of standalone stories that fit in between the aired episodes and work within the boundaries established by the show. We'd have better books that more fans would enjoy reading and be happy to buy more of the same, thus encouraging the effort to make more good books and continuing the book line instead of letting it go out with a whimper. What a waste. *shakes head*

Comment

Challenge 83

Big thanks to slizzie1986 for hosting last week's challenge for me!

This week, the challenge is Darkness Falls. Focus on the night, or the moon in your art or fan fic.

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday July 27th.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Really beautiful entries both weeks

Sorry for blanking on the previous challenge and being late (flickr issues):

Yes and season three is a few episodes short.

I like this, I'm also fond of the idea (even with the plot holes) that somehow the nanites are operating in the background, learning from their approach with Elizabeth and subtly affecting John. So certain events are actually happening but from a skewed point of view and John won't realise and fight back.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Indeed. MGM would've been better served if they had stuck to the previously tried-and-true formula of standalone stories that fit in between the aired episodes and work within the boundaries established by the show. We'd have better books that more fans would enjoy reading and be happy to buy more of the same, thus encouraging the effort to make more good books and continuing the book line instead of letting it go out with a whimper. What a waste. *shakes head*
                      Absolutely, Exogenesis was nominated while Casualties of War won in the Scribe awards, so you'd think that they'd want to continue in that direction. But they don't seem to put much effort in to the books, I've checked a few out on Overdrive and they're just calibre conversions.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by ohalis View Post
                        Really beautiful entries both weeks

Sorry for blanking on the previous challenge and being late (flickr issues):

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/260/1...5ea63e21_z.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/269/1...133562f2_z.jpg
                        Those are gorgeous!

I like this, I'm also fond of the idea (even with the plot holes) that somehow the nanites are operating in the background, learning from their approach with Elizabeth and subtly affecting John. So certain events are actually happening but from a skewed point of view and John won't realise and fight back.
                        Ooooh, that's evil. I like it!

Absolutely, Exogenesis was nominated while Casualties of War won in the Scribe awards, so you'd think that they'd want to continue in that direction. But they don't seem to put much effort in to the books, I've checked a few out on Overdrive and they're just calibre conversions.
                        I know, right? If other media tie-in writers thought those books were good enough to deserve awards, you'd think someone at MGM would understand the significance of that and work to ensure that that level of quality was continued. But I guess no one at MGM was smart enough to figure that out.

Comment

Spoilers for Stargate Atlantis Legecy

Spoiler:
                          What Happens to Elizabeth, She Ascends and Saves Rodney,Then is Kicked Out of The Higher Plane,hence The Title Unasended.She Goes Back to Atlantis to Say Her Goodbyes.She Will Eventually Return to Earth to Live with Her Mother

Comment

Originally posted by america126 View Post
                            Spoilers for Stargate Atlantis Legecy

Spoiler:
                            What Happens to Elizabeth, She Ascends and Saves Rodney,Then is Kicked Out of The Higher Plane,hence The Title Unasended.She Goes Back to Atlantis and resumes life as usual. With John. Say Her Goodbyes.She Will Eventually Return to Earth to Live with Her Mother
                            FTFY
                            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

FTFY
                              What does that stand for?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FTFY
                                I don't know what FTFY is, but I like the way you changed that summary. I'm guessing that she and John never have a private moment in those books, but that may just be me. But just think about it. In order to stop the awesomeness that is Sparky, they have to keep them far apart even on paper. ROTFLMAO!
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X