No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww, "Remnants". Full of Shep!whump. Poor baby. (Really wishing that they had filmed that extra Kolya/Shep scene. Would've made it so much better.)

Supposed to be going to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully will be getting my pins out. But we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
      Wow, and from here on, from this moment where they cut John’s hand, I knew that something was not right. They were not going to cut the hand of the lead actor, would they? (Bear in mind that when I saw this for the first time, I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes.)
      Um, I still have no idea about deleted scenes about Elizabeth and other things going on behind the scenes. Can someone direct me to some answers? Thx!
      (and I use this post to thank you, all, for this wonderful thread!)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
        Um, I still have no idea about deleted scenes about Elizabeth and other things going on behind the scenes. Can someone direct me to some answers? Thx!
        The behind the scenes in this case isn't referring to an actual "behind the scenes" video but the politics and misgivings that were happening among cast and crew concerning the sacking of Torri Higginson. There is supposed to be an extra scene in that episode that got cut for time about Elizabeth and John's guilt over losing her.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

(and I use this post to thank you, all, for this wonderful thread!)
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          The behind the scenes in this case isn't referring to an actual "behind the scenes" video but the politics and misgivings that were happening among cast and crew concerning the sacking of Torri Higginson. There is supposed to be an extra scene in that episode that got cut for time about Elizabeth and John's guilt over losing her.
          Correct. As far as I know, it was only discussed in Joe Mallozzi's blog. He described a written scene that was not filmed that had Kolya telling John that he still beat himself up for not rescuing her. There was also something in there about John's mother, but it's unclear what actually was supposed to have happened to her. I think the looks on John's face when Kolya was talking to him about how he punished himself said it all. He was obviously remembering Elizabeth at that point.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh, I get it now.
            More than a fanfiction, less than a deleted scene.
            But beggars can't be choosers, can't they?
            Thanks for the insights, guys!
            sigpic

Comment

More than a fanfiction, less than a deleted scene.
              Except that fanfiction does it occasionally far better than what we got on screen... depending on taste that is.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Except that fanfiction does it occasionally far better than what we got on screen... depending on taste that is.
                Indeed.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Correct. As far as I know, it was only discussed in Joe Mallozzi's blog. He described a written scene that was not filmed that had Kolya telling John that he still beat himself up for not rescuing her. There was also something in there about John's mother, but it's unclear what actually was supposed to have happened to her. I think the looks on John's face when Kolya was talking to him about how he punished himself said it all. He was obviously remembering Elizabeth at that point.
                    Oh, wait. I thought that scene had actually been filmed, but then cut later on. So, in fact, it wasn’t even filmed. So I wonder if that’s really true.

And I started wondering, after yesterday’s episode, about this. Why did John choose Kolya to punish him?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                      And I started wondering, after yesterday’s episode, about this. Why did John choose Kolya to punish him?
                      Because Kolya's his arch nemesis so it seems fitting. I don't think there's anyone else who could better fit the bill to be his tormenter than Kolya.

Comment

Oh so I miss Remnants but not Brain Storm, huh.

Anyway... I think some of you said you'd do some art/manip/fic/whatevs for the Sparky Advent Calendar?

Pretty please?

See details here.

Comment

I'm gonna do art/fic for sure... I first have to check when my SGA Santa's are due before I can schedule Sparkilicious dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            This must be the spot with the missing scene about Elizabeth. *hates*
                            Most likely. They should have filmed it and kept it in.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Uh, shut up Shen! Your rabid ambition is not helping matters.
                            Since when do political types ever help matters?
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

remnants really showed me why i hate the IOA with a burning passion. especially during the last few years in the Stargate Universe.

Comment

Because Kolya's his arch nemesis so it seems fitting. I don't think there's anyone else who could better fit the bill to be his tormenter than Kolya.
                                Yeah. I mean, they brought on Todd who turned into a frenemy to suit the storyline, but Kolya was intrinsically evil from the start. And since we'd already seen Evil!John do the same in "Doppelgänger", they had to go with the next tormentor on the list of alien induced self-torturers.

Comment

Working...
                                X