Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to all you fellow 'Mericans. I'm loving this year. Dinner is at SR Jr's and all I have to do is take a pumpkin pie and make biscuits. No cleaning, no polishing silver, no figuring out how to do a table arrangement and find a place for all the food. The trade off is no leftovers, but I think I can adjust. Everyone have a great day.
    My brother put a post on FB about when did he become our parents' ages and had to cook the whole meal. I responded with "would you like ME to cook it?" Everyone knows that's not a good idea.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post

Bwahahahaha! Which do you want Rodney - lemon or Wraith? LOL!! Ah, poor Rodney.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the thread that celebrate it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Yup, I've also never rewatched Trio or BS... at least, until this post-a-thon. I'm determined to do it just to say I did, LOL!
      I actually managed Trio twice. Not sure how though.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

i think that there's lemon meringue pie for Rodney
        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        That's evil.
        But oh-so funny!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        I actually managed Trio twice. Not sure how though.
        Hmm, sounds like you were hitting the Everclear pretty hard, then.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hope all the U.S. Sparkies had a good Thanksgiving!!!
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

do you guys think they actually celebrated holidays on atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              My brother put a post on FB about when did he become our parents' ages and had to cook the whole meal. I responded with "would you like ME to cook it?" Everyone knows that's not a good idea.

Bwahahahaha! Which do you want Rodney - lemon or Wraith? LOL!! Ah, poor Rodney.

Oh, you are evil. Actually, it turned out SR Jr's FIL did most of the cooking. Though near the end, he was asking my advice about everything from when the turkey was done to what goes in the gravy. At one point we had 5 cooks in their kitchen with the other 5 people in attendance sitting around like they were watching a stage play. It was a hoot, and not an unkind word was uttered. Plus there was wine. Lots and lots of wine.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              There was never any evidence of it. Sadly. But we make up for it with the Sparky Advent Calendar. Hint hint.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! Hope all my fellow 'Mericans are recovering from their food comas and staying far away from the crazy malls today!

Oh, you are evil. Actually, it turned out SR Jr's FIL did most of the cooking. Though near the end, he was asking my advice about everything from when the turkey was done to what goes in the gravy. At one point we had 5 cooks in their kitchen with the other 5 people in attendance sitting around like they were watching a stage play. It was a hoot, and not an unkind word was uttered. Plus there was wine. Lots and lots of wine.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

They better or my Secret Santa fic isn't worth much...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

with a multi-national crew, they certainly had a wide variety of holidays and traditions to choose from
                    sigpic

Comment

The wine probably helped matters.

My Thanksgiving was awkward, what with all the convoluted family crap that's been going on since my mom got sick a little over a year ago now. But everyone showed up. We weren't sure if my sister and oldest brother would. And everyone got along. My sister made one snotty comment to me about something I did and how our mom wouldn't have liked it. But I held my tongue and said nothing. There was no drinking (my oldest brother is an alcoholic), but it was probably for the best. It might have loosened my tongue and gotten me in trouble.

There was never any evidence of it. Sadly. But we make up for it with the Sparky Advent Calendar. Hint hint.
                      YES!! There are still some slots open!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! Hope all my fellow 'Mericans are recovering from their food comas and staying far away from the crazy malls today!
                      The only store I went to was a pet store to buy cat food. It's on a road with all the stores though, so I saw all the crowds. No thanks.

with a multi-national crew, they certainly had a wide variety of holidays and traditions to choose from
                      Definitely! And there's always the Athosians... they might celebrate some stuff too.

This reminds me of SK's story about Atlantis's First Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2
                        is there a "Atlantis first christmas" fic that is a companion to this one?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

The only store I went to was a pet store to buy cat food. It's on a road with all the stores though, so I saw all the crowds. No thanks.
                          Heh, I don't blame you.

Definitely! And there's always the Athosians... they might celebrate some stuff too.

Squee! Thanks for the rec! I loved writing that fic.

is there a "Atlantis first christmas" fic that is a companion to this one?
                          That I've written? No. "Atlantis's First Thanksgiving" was written as a stand-alone.

Comment

Hmm, sounds like you were hitting the Everclear pretty hard, then.
                            Might have been. I can't remember.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Might have been. I can't remember.
                              *snorts*

Comment

Hello, all! I missed my annual tradition of going to Busch Gardens on Thursday, and instead spent three hours at Walmart. Got some good deals, though. A 1 TB portable hard drive for $54 and Iron Man for $5.

And I come bringing a present. Did a little research and found my fic muse.

Spoiler:
                                "Fractured Phalanges and TLC"

Marie returned shortly with a needle and a small vial containing a clear liquid, withdrawing the fluid to inject it into the IV line. “You might feel a cooling sensation as it goes in,” she told Elizabeth as she inserted the needle.

Elizabeth nodded quickly. “Okay.”

Thirty minutes later, Elizabeth was feeling more relaxed than she had felt in … well, she couldn’t remember when. John was still sitting next to the bed, occasionally glancing towards the end of the infirmary where Carson was still working on Davidson. Even though Carson had promised that he would be back with her soon, the young sergeant’s ankle was more injured than they had originally assumed.

Not that she minded. The drugs were doing a wonderful job of taking her mind off of everything that had recently transpired. Her mind was still able to focus and think, but things weren’t as urgent as they had been. All the panic and worry about her surgery had gone right out the proverbial window.

Along with any concern about the pile of paperwork that had been abruptly left on her desk. Even though she had spent most of the night going over it with John and explaining what needed to be done, she doubted that he would do it. Not only would he have to take care of the work that he needed to do, being the military commander, but he would get bored quickly.

And according to Carson, she would have at least four weeks of downtime. As long as she didn’t use her left hand, he might allow her to do some of the work while on an imposed quarantine, but she would get tired of it too.

She sighed. “God, I am starving.”

John smirked. “I can run down to the kitchen and get you something, have it ready for you when you come out of it.”

She smiled back at him. “Yeah, that sounds good.”

“I’m taking orders. What would ya like?”

Elizabeth bit her lip.

John gave her a knowing look. “Besides coffee.” When she gave him a scoff in return, he raised an eyebrow. “You’ve gotta eat something, especially if you’re gonna down a couple Vicodin afterwards. I’m just telling you what Carson is gonna order you.”

She paused. “Can I still get coffee?”

“After you’ve eaten. Yes. Back to my original question: what do you wanna eat?”

“Mmm. I’ll let you pick.”

John raised an eyebrow, and Elizabeth giggled.

“What?” he asked, trying not to laugh himself.

“Your eyebrow does the same thing as mine,” she explained, her voice rising in pitch as she spoke. “How have I never noticed that before?”

John looked back at her, slightly stupefied. Elizabeth started giggling again.

------------

John closed his eyes and shook his head, chuckling. The drugs were having a stronger effect that he had anticipated. He remembered his previous experience with them leaving him lucid; Elizabeth was turning into a loony basket case.

He stood up from his chair and patted Elizabeth’s arm. “Let me go see how long Beckett’s gonna take, okay?”

“Okay,” was the drowsy reply he got.

John paced slowly over to the bed where Davidson was laying back. No longer in his fatigues, a pair of white scrubs identical to Elizabeth’s covered him and an IV fed morphine into his hand.

Carson looked up from his clipboard. “Ah, Colonel. Everything okay with Elizabeth?”

He nodded, tilting his head to the side. “Meds just took full effect.”

“Ah, I see.”

“How’s Davidson?”

The Marine looked up at him. “I’ve been better, sir.”

“We’re going to need surgery to repair the ankle. I estimate he’ll be off his feet for four to six weeks.”

John winced out of sympathy.

“Will I be able to stay on Atlantis for that time, sir?”

“Well, where else do you think you would be?” Beckett asked, chortling slightly.

“I just remembered that Lieutenant Browning had to be transferred back to the SGC after her injury,” Davidson replied, looking perturbed at the thought of leaving a place that many called home.

“Ah, I see. Well, her injury was much more severe, seeing as how she shattered her tibia. There was not much I could do for her here in that condition. Returning to Earth was the only option.” The doctor sat the clipboard down at the end of the bed and smiled kindly. “Once we insert the plate and screws, you’ll be on bed rest until the fracture fully heals, and then we can remove the hardware and begin therapy. In the meantime, enjoy your rest.”

Davidson nodded and leaned back into his bed. The uncertain look on his face almost made John laugh. A Marine who didn’t know what to do with over a month off.

Something told him that he would find a way to keep himself occupied.

He absentmindedly followed Carson back over to Elizabeth’s bed.

“Hello, love. How are you feeling?”

“Good,” she murmured, eyes slightly droopy as if she hadn’t slept in months.

Carson smiled back at her, patting her hand again. “We’re just about ready to take you in. Only a few more moments.”

“Mm-kay.”

As Carson wandered away, John took his seat next to Elizabeth. “Anything else you need to tell me?”

“John, you’ll be back here in an hour,” she replied slowly, as though she had to concentrate on her words more than usual. “If I were to tell you anything now, you wouldn’t do anything about it until tomorrow.”

A smirk lit up his face. “True. So back to the original subject at hand: what do you want to eat when you wake up?”

Her reply was immediate. “Chocolate ice cream.”

John scoffed lightly. “I’m sure the cafeteria lady has a whole gallon with your name on it.”

“She does.”

“Pardon?”

“I added it to the supply order for the Daedalus last month.”

John narrowed his eyes, lowered his voice, and retorted, “You mean to tell me that there is a gallon of chocolate ice cream sitting in the freezer… and no one’s touched it yet?”

“Not if they value their life.” Elizabeth looked up at him and winked. “No one else knows about it.”

“I’ll bring you a bowl.”

“You can have one too.”

“That’s mighty generous of you.”

Elizabeth laughed quietly. Her green eyes blinked rapidly for a second, then finally settled on him. “Thank you for being here. I know it’s not that big of a deal, but I truly appreciate it.”

“Surgery is still a big deal, even if we are living in a galaxy with life sucking aliens.” He glanced at her injured hand, the splint running from fingertips to just a few inches above her elbow. Two fingers and her thumb were all that were visible, and he couldn’t help but loop his finger underneath them. “I’ll always have your back.”

Her finger tightened around his, and the first genuine smile graced her face.

Then Carson came around the corner, dressed in surgical scrubs, and said, “We’re ready.”

When Elizabeth woke up an hour later, John was at her side, a bowl of ice cream in his hands.

And on that note, it's time for bed! G'night, all!

Comment

Working...
                                X