No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at your talk of cons, I've been reading in the fandom section about a 2014 Hawaii Con that supposedly will feature a big reunion of Stargate Atlantis actors. The thread is here:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...eptember-2014)

Awfully close in time to the last Stargate Creation Con but depending on who is producing it and how it is structured there might be something different than the same ol' same ol'.
    sigpic

Comment

Chances of me getting to Hawaii are slim and none!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        Looking at your talk of cons, I've been reading in the fandom section about a 2014 Hawaii Con that supposedly will feature a big reunion of Stargate Atlantis actors. The thread is here:

Awfully close in time to the last Stargate Creation Con but depending on who is producing it and how it is structured there might be something different than the same ol' same ol'.
        Thanks for posting this, Lythisrose! That sounds like an excellent idea.... get a con and a true vacation all in at the same time. I've never been to Hawaii. (I bet SK won't go - no trains to Hawaii )

I'm planning a 2 week trip to England next year already, so I won't have the time off work to go to this. Damned work, getting in the way of my vacations!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Thanks for posting this, Lythisrose! That sounds like an excellent idea.... get a con and a true vacation all in at the same time. I've never been to Hawaii. (I bet SK won't go - no trains to Hawaii )

I'm planning a 2 week trip to England next year already, so I won't have the time off work to go to this. Damned work, getting in the way of my vacations!
          The trains, it's all about the trains... LOL!

Seriously though, wasn't there another fan-run Atlantis convention a couple of years ago that was going to be held in the Bahamas, but the plans fell through? That this new con is being put on by an apparent newbie to con organizing and there are very few solid details yet naturally makes me cautious. Plus, the timing and obvious high costs make it an automatic no-go for me; it's a little too close to Comic-Con San Diego, and there's a strong possibility I may be moving out of California sometime around spring/summer of next year, which means I'll have to spend a lot more on travel and for the first time, accommodations to stay in SD. So yeah, not happening for me.

Still, it's a great idea and it would be fantastic if the con works out well enough to become a regular event. We'll have to wait and see.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            They have announced that next year's Chicago con will be the last official Creation one. I don't think there are any others that are exclusive to Stargate. I know some of the actors do DragonCon, but I don't think there is a panel. Same for ComicCon. So if you want to see them, it's got to be in other countries.
            Well, that sucks. I'm betting that by the time I'm old enough and have the money to travel by myself, all Stargate conventions will be extinct. Kind of kills any chance of ever meeting my favorite actors...

Oh, and I'm happy with the way your fic came out. It was an easy beta job. I like easy.
            Thank you, really.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Erin, I loved your artwork! Nice job!

And Sparks, enjoyed your story as well! When I'm actually lucid, I'll go leave a review.
            Thank you! I don't think I said this earlier, but I love your sig.

That sounds pretty cool. So far, Torri and Paul are on the list. It'd be cool if Joe went and we got pics of him catching some waves.
            sigpic
            Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
            View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Hiya Sparks.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                That sounds pretty cool. So far, Torri and Paul are on the list. It'd be cool if Joe went and we got pics of him catching some waves.
                Now there's a one-of-a-kind activity they could offer attendees... Surfing School with Joe Flanigan and Jason Momoa!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks for that. I've been to that island, so I think I'll post what might be some helpful info. Going back just for a con though would be a smidge outside my budget.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks for that. I've been to that island, so I think I'll post what might be some helpful info. Going back just for a con though would be a smidge outside my budget.
                    Hmm...if they ended up with a large cast I might consider it. I've never been to Hawaii, and the travel rates I bet are pretty good for September since it's considered off-season for US travel. But it would be all about the budget.

Dragon*Con, from what I understand, has got a pretty good SG track, though it's not as formalized as other cons because it's so big. But the people who organize the tracks make it all SG throughout. But you may see DC continue it for a while even as other cons fade--they still have tracks for anything that's got interest, even if it's decades old.

My nephew finally started watching SGA, so I was going to take him this year if either Joe or Torri showed up, but neither signed up for this year. He doesn't know SG-1 yet.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Hmm...if they ended up with a large cast I might consider it. I've never been to Hawaii, and the travel rates I bet are pretty good for September since it's considered off-season for US travel. But it would be all about the budget.

Dragon*Con, from what I understand, has got a pretty good SG track, though it's not as formalized as other cons because it's so big. But the people who organize the tracks make it all SG throughout. But you may see DC continue it for a while even as other cons fade--they still have tracks for anything that's got interest, even if it's decades old.

My nephew finally started watching SGA, so I was going to take him this year if either Joe or Torri showed up, but neither signed up for this year. He doesn't know SG-1 yet.
                      You're right. I did a quick check and the Sept rates are several hundred $$ less than Aug but still almost $1000 round trip. We went in Sept and I got a 1/2 price first class rate. It was a splurge but OMG was it fab. I posted a few hints about the island. We rented a beautiful condo for around $170 per night. That island is very spread out and nothing is close to anything else.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

That's a great point about Dragon*Con's style of programming keeping SG around for a while, and I seem to recall that Wraithfodder over on LJ attends MediaWest*Con, which does routinely have some SG programming (though they don't have any guests). There's also Shore Leave near Baltimore that has had many SG guests in the past, and even Comic-Con has had smaller panels for various fan groups over the years. So I think it's likely that moving forward, the regional, independently-run general sci-fi cons will probably start stepping up and featuring more SG guests and programming to pick up the slack now that Creation is jumping ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

That's a great point about Dragon*Con's style of programming keeping SG around for a while, and I seem to recall that Wraithfodder over on LJ attends MediaWest*Con, which does routinely have some SG programming (though they don't have any guests). There's also Shore Leave near Baltimore that has had many SG guests in the past, and even Comic-Con has had smaller panels for various fan groups over the years. So I think it's likely that moving forward, the regional, independently-run general sci-fi cons will probably start stepping up and featuring more SG guests and programming to pick up the slack now that Creation is jumping ship.
                          What I'd liked about Creation was that, since it was a Stargate only con, it was teeny tiny in comparison to the large ones like Comic Con or Dragon*Con. The size of those cons freak me out. I do NOT like large crowds of people. There's no way I could ever attend either one. I couldn't handle all the standing around you'd do either.

Comment

What I'd liked about Creation was that, since it was a Stargate only con, it was teeny tiny in comparison to the large ones like Comic Con or Dragon*Con. The size of those cons freak me out. I do NOT like large crowds of people. There's no way I could ever attend either one. I couldn't handle all the standing around you'd do either.
                            *nods* Absolutely, the crowding at larger cons is always a major issue. And because Creation does series-focused cons, if you're just interested in only one show, you could go to a con that only featured that show and get a nice concentrated dose of your favorite fandom without having to wade through a whole bunch of panels/guests for other shows you're not into. There's some big advantages to Creation's way of doing it.

Comment

You read my mind. Chicago was just a perfect size. Mr. SR wants to go to DragonCon, but I'm ignoring it until he forgets. Which won't take long. In fact he probably already has. My back can't handle all that standing around any more. *waves cane* The Hawaii one sounds great. I'm sorry it's so far though. Washington DC has a great convention center. What are we, chopped liver? Sure would be cheaper and easier to get to.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                *nods* Absolutely, the crowding at larger cons is always a major issue. And because Creation does series-focused cons, if you're just interested in only one show, you could go to a con that only featured that show and get a nice concentrated dose of your favorite fandom without having to wade through a whole bunch of panels/guests for other shows you're not into. There's some big advantages to Creation's way of doing it.
                                Yeah, there are advantages to both kinds I suppose. If crowds or long lines or camping out doesn't bother you, then a big con would be great. But I don't like any of those things.

You read my mind. Chicago was just a perfect size. Mr. SR wants to go to DragonCon, but I'm ignoring it until he forgets. Which won't take long. In fact he probably already has. My back can't handle all that standing around any more. *waves cane* The Hawaii one sounds great. I'm sorry it's so far though. Washington DC has a great convention center. What are we, chopped liver? Sure would be cheaper and easier to get to.

11.gif

Great minds think alike. My back couldn't handle it either.

DC wouldn't be that far for me. I could even take the train and pretend to be SK.

Comment

Working...
                                X