• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I Sleep - part two

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Part 2:

Spoiler:

[INT: Atlantis infirmary. Time has obviously passed. John and Rodney are asleep. Old Weir wakes up.]

Elizabeth: Looks like we got rid of all the extraneous characters on Atlantis. Proceed.

Old Weir: Janus convinced the other Council members I’d already left because apparently Ancients are pretty gullible. *Random shots of the Ancients leaving, including some girl that is apparently a random SG-1 character because she has NO relevance to Atlantis.*

Elizabeth: Someday we’ll get rid of references to that damn show.

Old Weir: Don’t count your chickens. So I was alone in an abandoned city, though for some reason the Ancients didn’t bother to power it down OR cover their equipment with slipcovers. Good thing I stayed behind to rectify that. I set up everything, crawled in the stasis chamber and boom! Here I am. I’ve lived just long enough to share a sweet moment where I tell you to enjoy yourself, live your life, don’t stress too much and make sure to breathe.

Elizabeth: You do realize that I’m not going to do any of that except for the token scene at the end of this episode? Not to mention the fact that I bite it in about 2 years anyway, which essentially renders the power and symbolic majesty of this episode meaningless.

Old Weir: Oh, well. At least you won’t be suffering the bad wig. Oh, and by the way, that paper that I had with me is the location of 5 ZPMs. Don’t know why I didn’t mention that sooner, since that’s all we’ve been crying about since the start of the show.

Elizabeth: Cool! *runs over and wakes up the guys, completely disregarding her old self to talk about the ZPMs* ZPMS! ZPMS!

*Old Weir dies*

Elizabeth: Well, damn. *Elizabeth goes and holds her own dead hand, which is kinda creepy*

[EXT: Atlantis Balcony. Elizabeth uses the pot John gave her to spread her older self’s ashes over Atlantis. John comes out with a sexy concerned look that’s completely platonic.]

John: I’m coming out to the balcony to personally inform you of our meeting rather than radioing you - cuz duh, I’m concerned. In a completely platonic way.

Elizabeth: I’m okay.

John: Then we have a meeting.

Elizabeth: I’m coming. No, wait, I must live up to the promise of my other self for at least one scene. I’m going to stay out here for a while before the meeting.

John: Got it, I’ll just turn around so you can observe my sexily exiting backside.

Elizabeth: Thanks.

Audience: Thanks.

*Elizabeth enjoys a few moments peace in front of the fake blue sky. Close with theme that will become Elizabeth’s theme and cut to black.*

sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
      Speaking of Irresistible, I was watching the Stargate movie last night (which btw, stands the test of time, and movie Daniel is so hot) and one of the scientists was played by Richard Kind (Lucius Lavin). It's been so long since the last time I'd watched, I didn't know he was in it.
      I was surprised to see him in the Stargate movie when I re-watched it some time after Irresistible.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Really makes me want to see John/Liz/Rodney or Joe/Torri/David in some kind of similar hunt for clues adventure. Or that they were the trio in Trio. That would have been SO fantastic. *le sigh*
      That would have been super awesome!!!!!! By the way, is there anyone who might have written, or lets say rewritten, all (some) the episodes from seasons 4 and 5 as if Elizabeth had never left?

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
      They should have been the trio in Trio. Rodney could have been the injured one, and John could have been the one saving Elizabeth from her demise. That would have been the start of official on-screen Sparky.
      Couldn’t agree more!!! How I wish things would have been like that! *Sigh*

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      The strangest part though when you watch ‘Rising’ again and the moment when John calls her “Ma’am”, I mean I understand why it’s there but it still feels weird to hear it, especially when you know how close they will grow later on (though I have the feeling that the “ma’am” might still make it’s appearance when they’re in private together)
      I think the reason he calls her “Ma’am” there was because she was kind of giving him an order then; I mean she was the person in charge, and they were planning their first off world mission in Pegasus. So Elizabeth asked him to go along, and so as a military, John answered her accordingly. But I think that’s also the only time he calls her that, if I am not mistaken.
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hello everyone!

I haven’t been able to go online much during the last couple of days becuase everything has been pretty crazy over here since I found out that I will be moving to London in mid-August and will be living there for a few month at least so you can imagine that there’s a lot of things that need to be worked out. Oh well, BTT.
        That sounds very exciting! I hope the move goes well and you have lots of great stories to tell!

Speaking of movies, the one movie that reminds of sparky is The Peacemaker. It's with George Clooney (who I usually try to avoid but this is the only role where I've actually found him attractive) and Nicole Kidman. Clooney plays Devoe, an Army Lt. Colonel with a rebellious streak and Kidman plays Dr. Kelly, a White House expert in nuclear weapons. Every time I watch that movie I'm like, gee, this is like a S/W AU, lol.
        Heh! You and me both!

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        I always think this, about most of the episodes from seasons 4 and 5. What would have been different if Elizabeth would have been there, how could they have written/done the episode if Elizabeth was still there? How would their reactions be to the events? What kind of reaction Elizabeth would have about certain matters/ events? How would John and even Rodney react and act to the events, if Elizabeth would still be in charge of Atlantis?
        Some of the great "what if?" scenarios for John and Elizabeth come out of S4-5. Ironic, but there it is.

I think John is the elder brother because John says that his father had everything planned for him since he was 14 years old, and in my understanding usually the elder sons are the ones prepared to follow their father’s footsteps and are usually the ones who eventually take their places in the business, but it seems that John didn’t want that for himself, so Dave, the younger brother, took his place.
        *nods* Someone asked Joe Mallozzi on his blog that question (I believe not too long after Outcast aired), and he confirmed that John is indeed the elder brother. The scenario you suggested is pretty much how I pictured it all happening, too.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Independence Day, fellow American Sparkies!

I wanted to do something Sparky to celebrate, and finally settled on a WWII AU drawing. Figured it was appropriately patriotic, and besides: Elizabeth would have looked gorgeous in those clothes.

Spoiler:

The other idea I was toying with was this: I know it sounds kinda silly, but has anyone ever done a fic where sparks literally fly whenever they get near each other? Like it's a side effect of some planet they've visited? It almost seems impossible that it wouldn't have been done before, but I can't recall. I was just trying to think of what else I could do with fireworks, since I already kinda covered that in this story.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Radek. *pets the Czech*
          Yeah, I second that. Once again, Rodney's ego is going to have to deal with Zelenka saving the day.

Love the fanfic and the artwork, so awesome.
          Thank you very much!

And moving to London! That's exciting!

Speaking of movies, the one movie that reminds of sparky is The Peacemaker. It's with George Clooney (who I usually try to avoid but this is the only role where I've actually found him attractive) and Nicole Kidman. Clooney plays Devoe, an Army Lt. Colonel with a rebellious streak and Kidman plays Dr. Kelly, a White House expert in nuclear weapons. Every time I watch that movie I'm like, gee, this is like a S/W AU, lol.
          Oh wow, that's totally them! LOL! I've never heard of it before, but I might have to watch that movie now, just for the parallels.

That would have been super awesome!!!!!! By the way, is there anyone who might have written, or lets say rewritten, all (some) the episodes from seasons 4 and 5 as if Elizabeth had never left?
          I'm not sure. I remember it being talked about but I'm not sure if anyone ever actually did it.
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Happy Fourth to all who celebrate

sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

I haven’t been able to go online much during the last couple of days becuase everything has been pretty crazy over here since I found out that I will be moving to London in mid-August and will be living there for a few month at least so you can imagine that there’s a lot of things that need to be worked out. Oh well, BTT.

Hi, Brie.

Moving to London sounds exciting. Hope everything goes well for you.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Happy Independence Day, fellow American Sparkies!

I wanted to do something Sparky to celebrate, and finally settled on a WWII AU drawing. Figured it was appropriately patriotic, and besides: Elizabeth would have looked gorgeous in those clothes.

Spoiler:

The other idea I was toying with was this: I know it sounds kinda silly, but has anyone ever done a fic where sparks literally fly whenever they get near each other? Like it's a side effect of some planet they've visited? It almost seems impossible that it wouldn't have been done before, but I can't recall. I was just trying to think of what else I could do with fireworks, since I already kinda covered that in this story.
                I totally love your drawing, Erin!!!!
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hello! Happy Independence Day to everyone who celebrates!

sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    those your kids Pocus?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      I totally love your drawing, Erin!!!!
                      Thank you!

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                      That's lovely.
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        those your kids Pocus?
                        Do you know how tempting it is to say "No I just borrowed them"? LOL! Yes they are mine.
                        sigpic

Comment

Do you know how tempting it is to say "No I just borrowed them"? LOL! Yes they are mine.
                          well they are cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            well they are cute.
                            Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Just wonderful, Erin

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                Dang. I still can't green you, Eri. So mental green for gateraid level snarkiness.
                                Hey, don't put me in with that. That was well above anything I could ever hope to do.

The Princess Bride reference - what a stroke of genius!!

You're welcome!

Eri: It won't let me green you, but AWESOME job. I do love me some snark.

Speaking of, I just watched National Treasure in honor of the 4th tomorrow, and I was struck through the whole thing with the similarities between Ben/Abigail/Riley and John/Liz/Rodney. Both sets have the whole three musketeer vibe going on. Also, the whole Mama and Papa Bear, with their wordless communication, finish each others sentences, total understanding of each other, super smart and flirty tag teaming, having to look after/keep in line/put up with the endearingly panicky snarky genius. Really makes me want to see John/Liz/Rodney or Joe/Torri/David in some kind of similar hunt for clues adventure. Or that they were the trio in Trio. That would have been SO fantastic. *le sigh*
                                Well I admit it might have been nice to see Elizabeth in The Brotherhood (although her scenes on Atlantis were good, and I liked the episode as was), but a John/Rodney/Liz version of Trio (as written ie leaving most of the dialogue as written and simply subbing the characters in) is not something that appeals to me. The episode itself just stank, regardless of the characters. I'd hate to see my favourite characters in there - it'd be like taking them to the zoo, putting them in a cage, and letting the other monkeys (the writers) throw faeces at them

Happy Fourth to all who celebrate

Awww. Any parent would be proud of those two
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X