Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    And thus ends another cracktastic post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone who came out to join us for the fun today! Be sure to tune in next week for more insanity as John and Rodney go toe-to-toe in The Game! Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
    Hopefully I won't be having such a sucktastic weekend and be able to join you all next time.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I have a soft spot for "The Game". I still maintain that TPTB got the name of the main guest character from moi. I mean, come on, how many people do you know (other than me) named Nola? And back then, they used to visit the boards regularly...
      sigpic

Comment

Not just recently, but for years now, JF has been openly disdainful of the way Torri and Paul were treated, especially Torri. At every con, any time her name comes up he goes off on how badly she was treated. He has said a lot of critical things about TPTB, including how he was cut out of the loop when he protested some of their decisions. Oh yeah, he's still pissed, and it takes very little to get him off on the subject. He has consistently said that the actors were treated very badly.
        Thanks for that info. It's nice that they can speak more freely now but it still just stinks that it went down the way it did. I eve remember rumors back when Torri was leaving that she didn't get along with Joe etc. In actuality, it looks like it was management all along.

Good to see you JT! And welcome to you Pearls!

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch View Post
          Thanks for that info. It's nice that they can speak more freely now but it still just stinks that it went down the way it did. I eve remember rumors back when Torri was leaving that she didn't get along with Joe etc. In actuality, it looks like it was management all along.

Good to see you JT! And welcome to you Pearls!
          Oh we even got to the bottom of those rumors. It seems they loved to argue politics, and being from opposite ends of the spectrum it sometimes got a little heated. Mr. SR and I had a short but informative conversation with Joe about it at a con, and some other fans talked to Torri about the same thing. They get particularly heated up if you mention the Washington Post. LOL But in case you don't know, they have been doing cons together the last few years and had a particularly lovely time on stage together in Marseilles. *points to avatar* So I think those rumors have been put to rest, and I questioned who started them to begin with.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Oh we even got to the bottom of those rumors. It seems they loved to argue politics, and being from opposite ends of the spectrum it sometimes got a little heated. Mr. SR and I had a short but informative conversation with Joe about it at a con, and some other fans talked to Torri about the same thing. They get particularly heated up if you mention the Washington Post. LOL But in case you don't know, they have been doing cons together the last few years and had a particularly lovely time on stage together in Marseilles. *points to avatar* So I think those rumors have been put to rest, and I questioned who started them to begin with.
            I'm still bitter they weren't on stage together last year in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I'm still bitter they weren't on stage together last year in Chicago.
              And I'll bet you they won't be on stage together in Chicago this year, either. They're both scheduled for Saturday, but no dual photo op. I think that says it all.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks for that. I love you avatar, btw. I suspected as much. I like to argue politics with some of my close friends, so i know exactly what they are talking about. I don't want to go too over the top, but do you think it's possible some of the show's publicists leaked that kind of stuff? It's more likely just a rumor that started on a board somewhere, but I'm certainly put off by the details that I am starting to hear. The way Torri H and Paul M were treated was not OK, imo

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  Oh, I know something that they could have fixed with ‘Tao of Rodney’, in the scene between Elizabeth and Rodney when he says that maybe she could ascend but he wouldn’t be able to, maybe they could have shown a bit of a vulnerable side to Elizabeth and had her point out that maybe she could have done it at some point but that she feared that with the nanites in her that it would be impossible (not saying that it would be but she could still be afraid that it would) and then they could have either added to Rodney’s book idea or maybe even have him find a way to fix it somehow, and even if he wouldn’t have found it in this episode but maybe he could have stumbled upon it in season 4-5, that the solution to the nanite problem was one of the things his smarter self came up with that he in the end of the episode didn’t know what he had written.
                  Well, I don’t know if that would be possible but it could have been great had it been written well, and it also could have helped Rodney’s sister after she got infected.
                  Oh well, it might just be a crazy thing that came from a very tired mind. I’ll see you all later.
                  That’s an interesting idea, yeah. We know that Elizabeth knows a lot about ascension, and for sure the fact she now has the nanites in her probably makes her think that she will not be able to ascend, that would definitely have been an interesting point to talk about in this episode. While Rodney was on the effect of the super powers, under the effect of him being super smarter, they could have made him figure out a way for Elizabeth to get ride of the nanites once and for all!!! Oh and definitely yes, he would have been able to help his sister as well.

Thanks for that. I love you avatar, btw. I suspected as much. I like to argue politics with some of my close friends, so i know exactly what they are talking about. I don't want to go too over the top, but do you think it's possible some of the show's publicists leaked that kind of stuff? It's more likely just a rumor that started on a board somewhere, but I'm certainly put off by the details that I am starting to hear. The way Torri H and Paul M were treated was not OK, imo
                  From what i always read and from what i have seen of Cons and photos of Cons i can not believe that there was any animosity between Torri and Joe at the time Torri left the show or even afterwards. I have red somewhere that in the beginning of the show they seemed not to get along that well, but i think it was related with the opposite political opinions both of them have, like SR has mentioned. I truly believe those were rumours that were spread in order to give the idea that was Torri who wanted to leave the show.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    And I'll bet you they won't be on stage together in Chicago this year, either. They're both scheduled for Saturday, but no dual photo op. I think that says it all.
                    They always seem to want to separate the men and women, don't they? And who'll bet that they will put Joe and David together again? They'll keep repeating that until everybody has seen them and hears the same stories yet again. Don't they realize fandom is ready for something new?

I doubt a publicist leaked any rumors like that. I think this particular one was ship related but the proof disappeared years ago along with the haters who started it. So, before we get modded, this should probably be the end of that discussion.

Anyone who thinks they don't like each other is welcome to study this slideshow I made using KrisRussel's wonderful pics from the Marseilles con. If you want to be able to click on the little arrows and get full screen, go here. Then you can see when he reaches over and pulls her chair closer, and witness up close that the amazing chemistry between them extends to RL also without any nasty RPS vibes.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OMG Tao Of Rodney! Loved that ep!
                      I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                      traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                        Oh, I know something that they could have fixed with ‘Tao of Rodney’, in the scene between Elizabeth and Rodney when he says that maybe she could ascend but he wouldn’t be able to, maybe they could have shown a bit of a vulnerable side to Elizabeth and had her point out that maybe she could have done it at some point but that she feared that with the nanites in her that it would be impossible (not saying that it would be but she could still be afraid that it would) and then they could have either added to Rodney’s book idea or maybe even have him find a way to fix it somehow, and even if he wouldn’t have found it in this episode but maybe he could have stumbled upon it in season 4-5, that the solution to the nanite problem was one of the things his smarter self came up with that he in the end of the episode didn’t know what he had written.
                        Well, I don’t know if that would be possible but it could have been great had it been written well, and it also could have helped Rodney’s sister after she got infected.

Oh well, it might just be a crazy thing that came from a very tired mind. I’ll see you all later.
                        That's not crazy, that's brilliant! That would've been a fantastic way to deal with all of those issues. It seemed like Elizabeth's nanites were totally forgotten about until TPTW needed them for Adrift/Lifeline. The path you've suggested would've showed that Elizabeth, Rodney and everyone else were still thinking about them, even outside of the episodes where they were actually a plot point and in turn given more depth to the nanite/ascension storyline as a whole.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                        From what i always read and from what i have seen of Cons and photos of Cons i can not believe that there was any animosity between Torri and Joe at the time Torri left the show or even afterwards. I have red somewhere that in the beginning of the show they seemed not to get along that well, but i think it was related with the opposite political opinions both of them have, like SR has mentioned. I truly believe those were rumours that were spread in order to give the idea that was Torri who wanted to leave the show.
                        Wouldn't surprise me.

They always seem to want to separate the men and women, don't they? And who'll bet that they will put Joe and David together again? They'll keep repeating that until everybody has seen them and hears the same stories yet again. Don't they realize fandom is ready for something new?
                        I guess they figure that adding Torri to the lineup is good enough.

Anyone who thinks they don't like each other is welcome to study this slideshow I made using KrisRussel's wonderful pics from the Marseilles con. If you want to be able to click on the little arrows and get full screen, go here. Then you can see when he reaches over and pulls her chair closer, and witness up close that the amazing chemistry between them extends to RL also without any nasty RPS vibes.

https://vimeo.com/31854513
                        I will never get enough of the Marseilles con pics. They really looked like they were having so much fun hanging out together!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I doubt a publicist leaked any rumors like that. I think this particular one was ship related but the proof disappeared years ago along with the haters who started it. So, before we get modded, this should probably be the end of that discussion.
                          Agreed, youhave really help clear up a few things in my mind which is nice.

Anyone who thinks they don't like each other is welcome to study this slideshow I made using KrisRussel's wonderful pics from the Marseilles con. If you want to be able to click on the little arrows and get full screen, go Then you can see when he reaches over and pulls her chair closer, and witness up close that the amazing chemistry between them extends to RL also without any nasty RPS vibes.

Those are beautiful pics--it's obvious they have an easy chemistry which certainly carried through on screen. Also, side note, they are both looking great. I hope they can work together again, if not on SGA something else because screen chemistry like that shoudl not go to waste!

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Just hopping' in for a quick hi and bye!

My real life caught up with me, so no need to panic when I'm not around for days. I'm just, hiding in Kate's office.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wow, what lovely pics. I love watching the two of them together - on SGA and in real life. They have such a wonderful chemistry and just seemed to be a little bit in love with each other.

I really would love to go to a convention with the two of them togehter but, alas, I doubt they would both come to England anyway. Such a shame.
                              sigpic

Comment

*iz ded from SR's vid and KrisRussell's pics*

oh the beauty of sparky

and could Torri be any more adorable!?
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X