No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Looks like I missed another cracktastic post-a-thon. *Kicks self for falling asleep* Must remember to go to bed earlier on Saturdays. I have important Sparky things to do on Sundays.
    We missed you too! *hugs* Maybe next week for Phantoms?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! I thought today was the start of winter break, and almost slept in. But I made it to work and the students in first period are taking a test, so I have a moment to myself!

As well as another fic rec:

"Life After Atlantis"

Song fic, rest of the disclaimers/spoilers are in the intro.

Speaking of which, another vid bunny popped in my head. Gonna go jot down the lyrics and start planning.
    *flails* I remember that fic! So angsty, so sweet, and such a happy ending!

*offers carrots to the vid bunny*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Here's a Monday morning song that just screams John Sheppard and Sparky. Warning: country. If you hate it, I don't wanna know, but listen to the lyrics.

Spoiler:
    *wibbles and flails* So good!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Internet at work is acting wonky, so I'm having to use phone. 3" screen compared to 7.9" iPad Mini es no bueno.

SR, love that song! Vid bunnies love it too! *flails*

SK, the vid bunnies happily accept your bribe present. We'll work on it when we get home. After I'm done throwing away half the things I own. I have kept so much junk that I know need anymore. I'm going through all the boxes and bags of things in my room/closet, and getting rid of absolutely everything that I don't need.

Comment

It doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to make the post-a-thons. Stupid real life interfering with my online world!

Okay, so here's a question I've always had about that episode (and it was probably discussed in the episode discussion thread, so forgive my laziness).

I thought that when 2 people from alternate realities were in the same reality that they would die. Or one of them would die. I vaguely remember that from one of the few SG1 episodes I watched.

Right???

When SR Jr. was 5, he liked to push buttons too. Just sayin'.
        Me too!! My mom would take me to her company when she was a secretary and let me push the buttons on the super huge copy machine.

Couldn't they find a less flattering outfit for her? What was wrong with this wardrobe department?
        They should have let Kate dress herself. She was adorable at Chicago con.

Comment

Internet at work is acting wonky, so I'm having to use phone. 3" screen compared to 7.9" iPad Mini es no bueno.

SR, love that song! Vid bunnies love it too! *flails*

SK, the vid bunnies happily accept your bribe present. We'll work on it when we get home. After I'm done throwing away half the things I own. I have kept so much junk that I know need anymore. I'm going through all the boxes and bags of things in my room/closet, and getting rid of absolutely everything that I don't need.
          Clever girl. I was talking to a friend about that just yesterday. Neither of us could think of anything when our kids asked what we wanted for Christmas. We both have enough crap and want to get rid of half of what we have. We are thinking about starting to unload it on give it to our children, even though there's a good chance they would sell it on eBay. LOL All I asked was that they please don't give me anything that has to be dusted.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            It doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to make the post-a-thons. Stupid real life interfering with my online world!
            Darnit, it sucks. We'd love to have you here more often. But important real life stuff has to come first. *hugs*

Okay, so here's a question I've always had about that episode (and it was probably discussed in the episode discussion thread, so forgive my laziness).

I thought that when 2 people from alternate realities were in the same reality that they would die. Or one of them would die. I vaguely remember that from one of the few SG1 episodes I watched.

Right???
            Basically right. As I recall, I think the effect was cumulative, and the longer a person stayed in an alternate universe (and the more different the two universes were from each other, or something like that), the worse it would be. It seemed like Rod wasn't there that long, maybe a couple of days at the most, and it sounded like his own universe was pretty close to the the "canon" one, the minor differences in some of the characters notwithstanding. So maybe that's it. They still should've made a mention of the phenomena though. Would've given some drama to Rod's effort to get back; the way it was, it just seemed so, "oh la, I've got to go back now, hope they saved me some tea and crumpets, teehee!"
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Work Internet just started working again. Holy moly.

Right???
              I do know what you're talking about. In SG-1 when long-haired!Carter came through the quantum mirror, she suffered from entropic cascade failure because there were two Carters and the universe couldn't handle it. However, in "Ripple Effect" when all the various SG-1 teams came through the Gate, Dr. Lee hypothesizes that the reason so many alternate realities converging with the same personnel is not causing entropic cascade failure is because of the naturally close proximity between the realities.

So maybe these two are close enough to each other that they're not having that effect?

Clever girl. I was talking to a friend about that just yesterday. Neither of us could think of anything when our kids asked what we wanted for Christmas. We both have enough crap and want to get rid of half of what we have. We are thinking about starting to unload it on give it to our children, even though there's a good chance they would sell it on eBay. LOL All I asked was that they please don't give me anything that has to be dusted.
              I'm a bit of a hoarder. Not like what you see on TV, thank God. And I have a collection of various ... office supply products. Seriously. I could open a Staples or Office Depot with the amount of stuff I have. My problem is, I keep things I don't use, thinking that the one time in the future I may want to use it, I'll regret getting rid of it, so I keep it.

Well, no mas.

And my outline for my video is almost done, so I may reward myself by working on that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Basically right. As I recall, I think the effect was cumulative, and the longer a person stayed in an alternate universe (and the more different the two universes were from each other, or something like that), the worse it would be. It seemed like Rod wasn't there that long, maybe a couple of days at the most, and it sounded like his own universe was pretty close to the the "canon" one, the minor differences in some of the characters notwithstanding. So maybe that's it. They still should've made a mention of the phenomena though. Would've given some drama to Rod's effort to get back; the way it was, it just seemed so, "oh la, I've got to go back now, hope they saved me some tea and crumpets, teehee!"
                IIRC, in SG-1's S3 POV, Carter didn't experience it until a few days after their arrival. So I'd side with SK and say he wasn't there long enough for the effects to kick in, and the universes were fairly similar.

Next class. Be back in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Darnit, it sucks. We'd love to have you here more often. But important real life stuff has to come first. *hugs*

Work Internet just started working again. Holy moly.

I do know what you're talking about. In SG-1 when long-haired!Carter came through the quantum mirror, she suffered from entropic cascade failure because there were two Carters and the universe couldn't handle it. However, in "Ripple Effect" when all the various SG-1 teams came through the Gate, Dr. Lee hypothesizes that the reason so many alternate realities converging with the same personnel is not causing entropic cascade failure is because of the naturally close proximity between the realities.

So maybe these two are close enough to each other that they're not having that effect?

Thank you so much, ladies. So basically it was a problem if the writers felt like using it.

Comment

Thank you so much, ladies. So basically it was a problem if the writers felt like using it.

Convenient plot device FTW.

Comment

Pretty much.

Convenient plot device FTW.
                      True fax, dat. Guess those silly boys of TPTW didn't realize that shortcuts can cut both ways.

Comment

Bingo. And just like so many other things, they conveniently forgot it or handwaved it when they felt the urge. I'm glad physics doesn't work like that in the real world.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            The problem being solved will be in about 3-4 chapters max. As for when it'll be posted... the next chapter hopefully sometime before X-mas.
                            Before X-mas?! That means this coming week!!! Yeah!!

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                            Wow! Loved this one. Thank you for sharing.

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                            And a gif
                            Does John closes his eyes too?!

Hiya Pearl!
                            Hiya there! How is it going? Did you write your advent fic by now? Did you update TWGO?

Nah. I still have way too much to both plates (RL and fandom) and it's not even a challenge I would care for. I'm just totally disinterested in the idea.
                            That’s too bad. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait for someone else to write that fic with this timeline.

*shrugs* I have to keep my to-do list short (in both worlds) otherwise I get distracted and don't finish things. If I ever revisit "Atlantis Orientation", it's likely to be over the summer. When I'm not working full time.
                            Oh well, I think I will have to wait until then.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            While supporting walls still gives one a paycheck at the end of the day, being kicked off means one can work on something that could potentially give them more satisfaction at the end of the day. Just saying... it really depends how you look at it.
                            Yeah, but I am guessing it is not the same thing as being the lead, although it is better than being kicked out. Although I agree that you might also have a point there, being kicked out will give the chance for the actor to be able to work in something else, who knows maybe even something better.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Phew... just send in my Sparky Advent stuff for the 16th day... which so happens to be today... I clearly missed the deadline. Woops!
                            Will go and check it out! Ahhhhh!!! Love it!!!
                            Spoiler:
                            I love Elizabeth’s hair!

Want to know what I'm doing for Sparky Advent?
                            I can hardly wait to see the final product!!!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/Valenship/Shippy%20Gifs/Sparky_Morning_Greeting.gif
                            So cute!!!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Okay Pearl here's what's going on.

I'm working on the prequel. I hope to have it up by tomorrow, but it may be a little late.
                              *Sorry ladies*

As for TWGO... that update should be sometime in the next week. Emphasis on should!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

*sigh* This was what I managed to get done on my AU HS fic today.

Spoiler:
                                Taylor made it through the audition. But on the penultimate day before the opening, he came down with a stomach bug. He wanted to soldier on, but Rosalie was refusing to kiss him.

Elizabeth couldn't blame her.

So the backup was on stage, and they were doing the kissing scene with the grace of two sumo wrestlers.

Next to her, John groaned in discomfort and shuddered. She hid a smirk; his appearances at the rehearsals were unusual but welcome. Even though he claimed he was just here to make sure Taylor and some of the other players did well, she detected ulterior motives.

They had flirted as long as they had known each other. Sometimes it was subtle; other times, it was too direct. No matter who had initiated it, John would start moving around in what he probably assumed were unnoticeable ways. Like the shuffling of feet on the ground, running of his hands through his hair, quickly changing the subject.

All were little things that, for some reason, made Elizabeth even more attracted to him.

When Brandon and Rosalie glared at each other, John huffed and stood up. "Okay, that's it," he declared in consternation.

Elizabeth crossed her arms; this was going to be interesting.

What she didn't expect was for John to grab her by the hand and yank her out of her chair, pulling her on stage with him.

"John, what are you doing?" she asked in a frenzied whisper as she went up the steps, attempting to do so without falling over.

"How's your memory?" was his murmured response as they stood on stage, next to the confused drama students -- as well as a confused government teacher.

"Okay, you got the lines down. Good job. Now really do it! You're not just standing here, reciting your lines in a monotone fashion. If we wanted that, we would've just listened to Coach Dex reading the play."

The boys snickered. Some of the girls looked hopeful for a moment.

John turned to look at Elizabeth for a fleeting moment, and he winked at her. Suddenly, his comment to her made sense.

Oh no.

"Brandon, you have to make us believe that you fell in love with Rosalie the instant you saw her, and you would risk being caught, even death, just to see her," John instructed, gesturing between the two teenagers, yet his eyes were on Elizabeth.

She quickly caught up to him. "And Rosalie, you have to stand there, pleading your feelings to the heavens, and not care who's listening. Right now, the only two people in the world are you and Romeo."

Rosalie was a good actress, but she was obviously nervous about acting this scene out with Brandon, a boy that she had barely seen over the course of practicing for the play.

Elizabeth bowed her head and quietly sighed. Here goes nothing.

Virtual brownies to whoever knows what's gonna happen next.

Comment

Working...
                                X