No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be one thing that I'd like to see. Sparky with a happy ending. Will our heroes be teenagers in this story?
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *passes over an extra bottle of smelling salts*
      *breathes deeply*

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Actually, though, you've given the fic bunnies an idea ... And don't worry, SR, it doesn't involve suicide.

I'll be back.

*zips off for a writer/bunnies conference*
      It better not. I will hunt you down. And they better not be teenagers. Just sayin'.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

This just popped out of nowhere, but I'll work on it more later. On the iPad Mini I'm buying after work. *does happy dance*

Very short, but hopefully you'll see where I'm going with this...

Spoiler:
        Elizabeth Weir shook her head as the two juniors stared awkwardly at each other during the audition. Perhaps they weren't the best choice as the inseparable star crossed lovers, considering they could barely look each other in the eye.

"Okay, Mr. Giles, let's try that again, why don't we?"

He nodded timidly and went back to his mark on the floor.

Elizabeth leaned back in her theater seat and rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"Not as easy as it looked, huh?" a voice spoke from behind her.

She smiled as John Sheppard leaned his crossed arms on the seat back next to her.

Comment

If they're not teenagers, then how is the whole "forbidden to marry" thing going to work?
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

This just popped out of nowhere, but I'll work on it more later. On the iPad Mini I'm buying after work. *does happy dance*

Spoiler:
            Elizabeth Weir shook her head as the two juniors stared awkwardly at each other during the audition. Perhaps they weren't the best choice as the inseparable star crossed lovers, considering they could barely look each other in the eye.

She smiled as John Sheppard leaned his crossed arms on the seat back next to her.
            Very promising. Now that's what I'm talking about.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

This has a great deal of promise! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                That would be one thing that I'd like to see. Sparky with a happy ending. Will our heroes be teenagers in this story?
                No, they would be Elizabeth and John as we know them, full-grown adults.

If they're not teenagers, then how is the whole "forbidden to marry" thing going to work?
                Because it's not restricted to teenagers. And besides, a note which people seemed to forget. When Shakespeare wrote this play, his main characters were considered adults. As it was more than custom to marry at 16 and to have children.

Times changed (for most of us anyway) but he didn't envision them as teenagers in the modern sense of the word.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Because it's not restricted to teenagers. And besides, a note which people seemed to forget. When Shakespeare wrote this play, his main characters were considered adults. As it was more than custom to marry at 16 and to have children.

Times changed (for most of us anyway) but he didn't envision them as teenagers in the modern sense of the word.
                  I know. I have to look at the play in the context of the time in which it was written. But how do we explain the "forbidden to marry" thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    All the way... straight into the happy ending they deserve(d).

Also true. Hence, why I would write it with a happy ending.
                    Aha, that'll work.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    *breathes deeply*

It better not. I will hunt you down. And they better not be teenagers. Just sayin'.
                    THIS.

Spoiler:

*cackles* Oh, that sounds like fun!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You asked was I serious that Mallozzi said John was going to find Elizabeth and bring her back in S6? Yes, I think he said "Sheppard's team", but still, that's what he said on his blog. I think the plan was to send her back to Earth, but I may be wrong about that one. They didn't plan to return her to her old job, and they never would have shipped her with John.
                      Ok, but at least we would know for sure what happened to her, we wouldn't be in the way we are now not knowing exactly what happened to her. And i know that they would never ship her with John (unfortunately).

And Oberoth, too.
                      Oh yeah, how could i forget him.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      Carson is one of my favorite characters as well, and I loved the way Paul brought him to life. I also loved that there are so many scenes with Carson and Sparky, both together and individual.
                      I love Carson as well, and i agree with you about the scenes with Carson and Sparky. I also like the scenes with Rodney and Sparky.

The scene when Clone-Carson came back and asked to see Elizabeth was just heartbreaking, I mean he knew what we know that Elizabeth was a great leader and friend who always had everyone back. I always felt when I saw the first three seasons that Carson was the heart of Atlantis with his kind and good heart and Elizabeth was the soul of Atlantis with her kind and strong and passionate spirit and with both of them gone, the last two season really did feel as if it was missing something.
                      You better believe that something was definitely missing on the last two seasons.

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                      Anyway, that's much the same problem I had with Sam on SGA. I mean, I love Sam. A lot. A lot a lot. But she belonged to SG1, and on Atlantis, that wasn't her team. It was-and always will be-Elizabeth's expedition. It felt like Sam was supposed to be "better" in some way. That's why Woolsey was easier to deal with, it didn't feel like he was supposed to be better.
                      I preferred Woolsey to Sam as the leader of Atlantis (as replacements for Elizabeth that is, of course Elizabeth will always be the best leader of Atlantis!). Like you said, Sam belongs to SG1 not to SGA.

IIRC, red was supposed to represent administration/diplomatic personnel (which is why Lizzeh, Teyla and Woolsey wore it; Carter should've been in military uniform like John). Yellow was for all medical personnel, including Kate; you'll notice that Carson often wore a white shirt, just like Kate did. Which is why putting Keller in blue shirts in S4-5 made no sense at all. Green represented technical/support staff.
                      Maybe they were already hinting that she would end up with a scientist.

That was one of the things that many reacted to when she showed up there, it’s also obvious in the writing that they didn’t even write Carter as she was on SG-1 but seem to have kept the same writing mindset because there were few scenes with Carter that I couldn’t picture that Elizabeth also would have been able to pull off. It was also the odd thing about having Carter there is that Atlantis already had people in her area of knowledge and experience and that, along with the fact that she was only going to be in a few episodes anyway, could have been written differently and maybe she could have just been there to help out, kind of like in ‘The Pegasus Project’ or something, there are just so many ways that they could have written the whole story without taking away from something else.
                      It would have made her presence in Atlantis more likeable to me, definitely.

When did Vega wear green? She was military, and I only remember seeing her in black.
                      Vega wore green in Search and Rescue, if i am not mistaken.

Ah, I'd forgotten that, thanks. So yeah, Vega didn't wear green.
                      Didn't she wear green in Search and Rescue?
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I know. I have to look at the play in the context of the time in which it was written. But how do we explain the "forbidden to marry" thing?
                        I don't think a clever writer will have any trouble with that. It doesn't have to literally copy the play.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think a clever writer will have any trouble with that. It doesn't have to literally copy the play.
                          That is true. But I think that having the parents not being too thrilled with the idea could still be worked in.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Good. I sware every clock in this house has a different time. I'm never sure which one is right.
                            Same here.

First look at the being that would ruin everything.
                            Yeah.

ZOMG, Lizzeh's going on the mission! SQUEE!
                            It would have been better if she didn't.

Is it me or is John already not so sure about Niam?
                            John should have paid more attention to what his instincts were telling him.

Niam's got a bit of a crush on Liz already from the moment he sees her, can't blame him though sadly that will turn out to be a bad thing for our Liz.
                            He will end up being worse than a stalker.

Love the new hallway set. Too bad we never saw one like it on Atlantis.
                            It is very beautiful!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                            Still doesn't add up to the veiw from the Sparky balcony
                            Maybe not, but it is pretty close.

WOW!! That's a big city!!!!!!!!!!!
                            It sure is!

Oberoth you son of a *****!!!!!!!!
                            My thoughts exactly!!!!

Liz can read Niam like a book. Makes me wonder why she didn't see some of the trouble coming.
                            Maybe she truly believed he was different from the others.

And oh no, Liz mentioned ascension and Niam's curiosity spiked, and now his eyes are only on her and it's obvious that John feels like something is wrong, and of so right he is.
                            Niam can tell that he can learn something about ascension from Elizabeth, that's why he is so fascinated by her.

Stay away Lizzie! Get away from the badman!
                            She is very brave, she is not afraid of the badman!

Lizzeh's trying to talk diplomacy and trade with Oberoth. And the Weir/Oberoth ship is born.
                            LOL

And there goes that, I wish Liz hadn't talked to Oberoth and that they just could have left.
                            Yeah, me too!!

LOL at Ronon going after the food.
                            Yeah, why did he do that?

Nice escape
                            But maybe too easy.

John and Liz shares a lot of looks in his dream.

And the scene when the last person that John sees alive and the person he rushes out to make sure is through the gate is Liz, what, are we not supposed to see that?.
                            And we must not forget this was all in John's mind/dream.

And now we're back in real-time, and Rodney knows now that they are replicators.
                            Oh Rodney, you should have realised that sooner, like before you all got locked up.

The look on Oberoth's face is just CREEPY.
                            Lets face it, the man (?) is creepy!!!!

I don't care what universe your from. The hand in the head thing has to hurt. *shudders*
                            Yes, it must hurt quite a lot!!!!

And the Asuran city is taking off, it's the Atlantis expeditions first experience with the stardrive.
                            Oh yeah, that's true.

Yeah, and it's aweful to think about how long Liz had to live with that after she was taken by the replicators, it's horrible to think about.
                            I don't even like to think about it!!!! It's just too painful.

John looks worried and Rodney is the one who says that getting into Niams mind might be a bad idea, it's obvious now that it's Liz that Niam is interested in.
                            But she still seems not worried about trusting Niam.

"I saw in you compassion Dr. Weir"

I do like that comment and it's a good quality, however badly it ended.
                            Elizabeth's compassion was ultimately her doom.

Man, even the bad guys want Rodney for his mind.
                            LOL.

John's got a plan. John always has a plan.
                            Of course he does!

Focus boys. Argue later. Escape first.
                            LOL, five years old kids.

No, leave Niam, destroy city
                            Yeah, don't take Niam with you!

Oooh, even Lizzeh is all for destroying the Asuran city.
                            Elizabeth realises what a threat the Asurans can be, but never the less she still truested Niam, why, Elizabeth?

Oh look, John and Teyla in a shot together. Couldn't you just see the sexual tension?
                            Yeah, right! LOL

And the Asuran city goes boom and the military man on Atlnatis sees a small ball of light in the sky.
                            Didn't the Atlantis sensors pick up the Asuran city over the planet?

Get off the Sparky balcony
                            LOL. I guess they were just keeping it safe for Sparky.

And it's John's love that breaks Niam's hold. Hehehehe....
                            It sure was!!

I always like how Ronon and Teyla can't move Niam but some how John pushes him that far.
                            Love is a powerful thing, isn't it?!!!

I also can't help but wonder how long after this that Elizabeth must have passed out, I mean how long it was between 'Progeny' and 'The Real World'
                            Yeah, because we never knew how long it took her to pass out. I mean she didn't pass out immediately. I guess the nanites had to start to replicate until they reached a certain amount that was then able to control her brain/mind, that might have taken a certain while. And i still wonder another thing, i mean didn't they undergo a medical exam after they were back in Atlantis? I am guessing the exams/scans probably would have detected something, or maybe not.

I think Lizzeh said something at the end of TRW that she was only out for about 5 hours, or something. So not that long.
                            She was only out for about 5 hours after the nanites begun attacking her, i mean while all the events we see on TRW were taking place, not from when she was attacked by Niam until the time she passed out.

Must love Liz and her power of positive thinking. I need to take a few lessons from her.
                            In certain ways, me too!

It's just those hidden reserves of strength we never knew we even had until someone we love was in danger.
                            So very true!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            It's also worth noting that it was not the only scene for Vega that was cut. She was actually a fairly detailed character that seemed like she was going to be one of the important newcomers but they cut most of her scenes altogether. Now her appearances were limited to a line or two and firing on a wraith dart. She stays onscreen just long enough for the audience to say "Hey she kind of reminds me of Michelle Rodriguez" and dissappers. Then she reappears for Whispers to get killed off, and I didn't mind at the time because almost any reason to care had been cut already. Plus apparently she was a last minute replacement for Major Teldy (their leader) being killed off, and I found I liked Christina Cox more from that group of women. But it still made Vega's tenure on the show mostly pointless. Which made making her gay pretty stupid. In fact since the scene of her flirting with Keller never aired, it almost made me wonder if TPTB just wrote it for themselves. I'll admit, to his credit Gero does say that the reason he cut it was that having that many love interests for the newly arrived Keller would have been stupid. Although, maybe if he'd left that in and removed the love triangle altogether, maybe it would have worked out better.
                            LOL

Maybe that's because she was a Wraith in a former life.
                            Yeah, maybe she was, hehehehe! How come i didn't think about it before?
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

To whomever it will write - I'm in the middle of a Kate/Teyla at the moment - use your imagination to explain this.
                              Give it a Lantean spin - heck, if I ever manage to get back to that fairytale me and my sister once started as a roundrobin, you'll see that a little imagination can take you a long way.

What she said.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

True, very true. A little imagination can go a very long way!

Comment

Working...
                                X